War of Legends [MP Era for Wesnoth 1.15+]

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: War of Legends [MP Era for Wesnoth 1.15+]

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Atreides wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 7:59 pm
Lord-Knightmare wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 3:03 pm Announcement:

Yes, I am aware of the 15k deprecation warning lines and some things being 100% broken in the current 1.15.x dev builds, and I have begun the process of patching it.
I run wesnoth with a command line parameter to turn off deprecation warnings. :-) 1.14 spams about magenta so much and deprecation is only a warning of future problems, not current ones anyways. Of course 1.16 is the future... Ah well cross that bridge when you reach it. <grin>
The magenta thing was fixed afaik. 1.16 has a new special notes system so, the log overflowed when I did a game. I am sure all my other add-ons have been subjected to the same fate. It's going to be a very busy weekend to get them patched. Especially since wmllint where the wrong is and does not correct it for me.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: June 4th, 2021, 3:50 am
Atreides wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 7:59 pm
Lord-Knightmare wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 3:03 pm Announcement:

Yes, I am aware of the 15k deprecation warning lines and some things being 100% broken in the current 1.15.x dev builds, and I have begun the process of patching it.
I run wesnoth with a command line parameter to turn off deprecation warnings. :-) 1.14 spams about magenta so much and deprecation is only a warning of future problems, not current ones anyways. Of course 1.16 is the future... Ah well cross that bridge when you reach it. <grin>
The magenta thing was fixed afaik. 1.16 has a new special notes system so, the log overflowed when I did a game. I am sure all my other add-ons have been subjected to the same fate. It's going to be a very busy weekend to get them patched. Especially since wmllint where the wrong is and does not correct it for me.
My logs do mention WoL, a few lines for the pre-processor and abilties not being undefined plus at various times conflicting media files that WoL shares names with other addons. e.g. The Curse overlay graphic from Era of Shadows has the same name as the WoL one. I looked and they aren't the same in appearance. Not terrible but still unfortunate that one shows the "wrong" image.

Interesting note too: When I copied Era of Chaos over from 1.12 to 14 (runs fine btw) it had massive overlaps with WoL in unti id's and similar media files etc. Seems that at least one or two factions must be identical between the eras. Not a problem, I just moved EoC back to 1.12 where it belongs, hehe. Just a bit of trivia.

Hmmm I wonder if I shouldn't install 1.15 after all to get a head start on 16. Nah, I'll wait for 1.16.0 Should be a few months IIRC. Ah that will be a busy time indeed!
--
Lonely Era Merry Christmas Campaign Red MP Maps Everfell Age of Trials
“Well, spam, egg, sausage, and spam – that’s not got much spam in it.”
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

My logs do mention WoL, a few lines for the pre-processor and abilties not being undefined plus at various times conflicting media files that WoL shares names with other addons. e.g. The Curse overlay graphic from Era of Shadows has the same name as the WoL one. I looked and they aren't the same in appearance. Not terrible but still unfortunate that one shows the "wrong" image.

Interesting note too: When I copied Era of Chaos over from 1.12 to 14 (runs fine btw) it had massive overlaps with WoL in unti id's and similar media files etc. Seems that at least one or two factions must be identical between the eras. Not a problem, I just moved EoC back to 1.12 where it belongs, hehe. Just a bit of trivia.
if you have a log file of the warnings, I can do one final backport. I think I still have the 1.14.x version in my hub somewhere. EoC? Is that still maintained? I thought the three creators/maintainers had some big fight and abandoned it. Then again you're correct. I think 4 factions are common in both. Also, yes. I am aware of some eras causing overlap, and at this point I never looked into the issue unless being pointed out that it's a "severity: extreme level" thing. Last issue was one ID conflict with MD's level 0 era, and it's been patched.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: June 4th, 2021, 4:13 pm

if you have a log file of the warnings, I can do one final backport. I think I still have the 1.14.x version in my hub somewhere. EoC? Is that still maintained? I thought the three creators/maintainers had some big fight and abandoned it. Then again you're correct. I think 4 factions are common in both. Also, yes. I am aware of some eras causing overlap, and at this point I never looked into the issue unless being pointed out that it's a "severity: extreme level" thing. Last issue was one ID conflict with MD's level 0 era, and it's been patched.
Oh no, I overwrite my logs every run. Don't worry about 1.14, 1.16 is getting pretty close I think.

Oh no EoC is abandoned since 1.12. Didn't know that was the reason, shame because it's a lovely era too.

The overlaps only exist in 1.12 so no worries. Good to know that at least 4 factions from EoC are being carried over by the WoL.
--
Lonely Era Merry Christmas Campaign Red MP Maps Everfell Age of Trials
“Well, spam, egg, sausage, and spam – that’s not got much spam in it.”
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Announcement:

War of Legends has been ported to 1.16.x as of today. As for the campaigns, they are either under going the porting process or will receive the porting procedures in due time.

I have started my GRE/GMAT exam preparations so I shall be a bit busy for the next 2-3 months or so.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

I have uploaded 3 survival scenarios for the War of Legends era in the 1.16 server an hour ago. These are WoL-exclusive variations of the mainline survival scenarios.

This is my 1500th post.