War of Legends [MP Era for Wesnoth 1.16/1.18]

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: War of Legends [MP Era for Wesnoth 1.15+]

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Atreides wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 7:59 pm
Lord-Knightmare wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 3:03 pm Announcement:

Yes, I am aware of the 15k deprecation warning lines and some things being 100% broken in the current 1.15.x dev builds, and I have begun the process of patching it.
I run wesnoth with a command line parameter to turn off deprecation warnings. :-) 1.14 spams about magenta so much and deprecation is only a warning of future problems, not current ones anyways. Of course 1.16 is the future... Ah well cross that bridge when you reach it. <grin>
The magenta thing was fixed afaik. 1.16 has a new special notes system so, the log overflowed when I did a game. I am sure all my other add-ons have been subjected to the same fate. It's going to be a very busy weekend to get them patched. Especially since wmllint where the wrong is and does not correct it for me.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: June 4th, 2021, 3:50 am
Atreides wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 7:59 pm
Lord-Knightmare wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 3:03 pm Announcement:

Yes, I am aware of the 15k deprecation warning lines and some things being 100% broken in the current 1.15.x dev builds, and I have begun the process of patching it.
I run wesnoth with a command line parameter to turn off deprecation warnings. :-) 1.14 spams about magenta so much and deprecation is only a warning of future problems, not current ones anyways. Of course 1.16 is the future... Ah well cross that bridge when you reach it. <grin>
The magenta thing was fixed afaik. 1.16 has a new special notes system so, the log overflowed when I did a game. I am sure all my other add-ons have been subjected to the same fate. It's going to be a very busy weekend to get them patched. Especially since wmllint where the wrong is and does not correct it for me.
My logs do mention WoL, a few lines for the pre-processor and abilties not being undefined plus at various times conflicting media files that WoL shares names with other addons. e.g. The Curse overlay graphic from Era of Shadows has the same name as the WoL one. I looked and they aren't the same in appearance. Not terrible but still unfortunate that one shows the "wrong" image.

Interesting note too: When I copied Era of Chaos over from 1.12 to 14 (runs fine btw) it had massive overlaps with WoL in unti id's and similar media files etc. Seems that at least one or two factions must be identical between the eras. Not a problem, I just moved EoC back to 1.12 where it belongs, hehe. Just a bit of trivia.

Hmmm I wonder if I shouldn't install 1.15 after all to get a head start on 16. Nah, I'll wait for 1.16.0 Should be a few months IIRC. Ah that will be a busy time indeed!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

My logs do mention WoL, a few lines for the pre-processor and abilties not being undefined plus at various times conflicting media files that WoL shares names with other addons. e.g. The Curse overlay graphic from Era of Shadows has the same name as the WoL one. I looked and they aren't the same in appearance. Not terrible but still unfortunate that one shows the "wrong" image.

Interesting note too: When I copied Era of Chaos over from 1.12 to 14 (runs fine btw) it had massive overlaps with WoL in unti id's and similar media files etc. Seems that at least one or two factions must be identical between the eras. Not a problem, I just moved EoC back to 1.12 where it belongs, hehe. Just a bit of trivia.
if you have a log file of the warnings, I can do one final backport. I think I still have the 1.14.x version in my hub somewhere. EoC? Is that still maintained? I thought the three creators/maintainers had some big fight and abandoned it. Then again you're correct. I think 4 factions are common in both. Also, yes. I am aware of some eras causing overlap, and at this point I never looked into the issue unless being pointed out that it's a "severity: extreme level" thing. Last issue was one ID conflict with MD's level 0 era, and it's been patched.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: June 4th, 2021, 4:13 pm

if you have a log file of the warnings, I can do one final backport. I think I still have the 1.14.x version in my hub somewhere. EoC? Is that still maintained? I thought the three creators/maintainers had some big fight and abandoned it. Then again you're correct. I think 4 factions are common in both. Also, yes. I am aware of some eras causing overlap, and at this point I never looked into the issue unless being pointed out that it's a "severity: extreme level" thing. Last issue was one ID conflict with MD's level 0 era, and it's been patched.
Oh no, I overwrite my logs every run. Don't worry about 1.14, 1.16 is getting pretty close I think.

Oh no EoC is abandoned since 1.12. Didn't know that was the reason, shame because it's a lovely era too.

The overlaps only exist in 1.12 so no worries. Good to know that at least 4 factions from EoC are being carried over by the WoL.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Announcement:

War of Legends has been ported to 1.16.x as of today. As for the campaigns, they are either under going the porting process or will receive the porting procedures in due time.

I have started my GRE/GMAT exam preparations so I shall be a bit busy for the next 2-3 months or so.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

I have uploaded 3 survival scenarios for the War of Legends era in the 1.16 server an hour ago. These are WoL-exclusive variations of the mainline survival scenarios.

This is my 1500th post.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

I've just learned there's a bug in wmllint when converting terrain=Ggf into terrain=Gg^Emf and omitting any following ,

A scan of my files showed that the abilities.cfg in macros of the WoL has been affected by this in ABILITY_TERRA_RESUSCITATION. The Gg^Emf will need to be replaced by a Gg^Efm,
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Atreides wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 9:45 pm I've just learned there's a bug in wmllint when converting terrain=Ggf into terrain=Gg^Emf and omitting any following ,

A scan of my files showed that the abilities.cfg in macros of the WoL has been affected by this in ABILITY_TERRA_RESUSCITATION. The Gg^Emf will need to be replaced by a Gg^Efm,
Fun fact, the ability mentioned here is hardly used anymore. It was from TSL but the unit having it was never added in into the campaign as planned (maybe not yet anyway). Anyways, fixed. Thank you for notifying.

Also, I have sent "wmllint" having bugs in the terrain conversion thing to the developers cycle. It will be rectified.

Happy Holidays!
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Yes, I thought it was very unfamiliar, I'd assumed it was on some rare level 3 I'd not yet seen. :)

Found another wee bug in the Bloodborn. It has ignore_global_traits instead of ignore_race_traits in the unit file. A real sneaky difference but it does mean the traits weren't as intended.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Atreides wrote: December 30th, 2021, 9:08 pm Found another wee bug in the Bloodborn. It has ignore_global_traits instead of ignore_race_traits in the unit file. A real sneaky difference but it does mean the traits weren't as intended.
Oh, how'd that slip by? Fixed
If some more bugs pile up, I will do one update patch. I was waiting on reworking 2 WoL-campaigns to ship with the update but they can wait.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Updated it. For the next phase, I would allocate my free time to getting the included modification things ready.
Not sure how to add in the AMLA system without being labelled as an "infectious addon"...
Still need to work on the inventory system...and World-Conquest-array-override mod.... :augh:
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

I have released version 1.2.6.12 at last on the 1.16/1.17 server, and this one contains the Legend Conquest modification for Multiplayer.
The modification allows the enemy armies in World Conquest (the mainline one) to be composed of my factions. Enjoy!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

So, if my schedule keeps up, v1.2.7 is not that far away as my road map for it is nearing completion...(somewhat).
What to expect:
Legends Conquest improvements and features.
more bug patches if they arise.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

War of Legends v1.2.7 has been released!!

This release includes the long anticipated Legends Conquest modifications set and the era itself. Which means War of Legends has successfully adapted to World Conquest.

Legends Conquest includes:
  • Eight (8) New Artifacts
  • Two New Training Tracks
  • WOL factions Enemy theme (15 factions)
  • Legends Conquest Era (optimised for World Conquest)

Also, the modifications have their era_lock opened, which means they can be played used in World Conquest with just about any era now (please dont make me regret this).

Full changelog:

Code: Select all

version v1.2.7
--> Legends Conquest
   --> ALL Legends Conquest MODIFICATIONS HAVE HAD THEIR ERA LOCKED REMOVED.
      --> This means the mods can be enabled with just about any era. Default/Default+Dunefolks/AoH,AoH+D,Ageless,EoMa to name a few.
      --> Be advised if your era has weird events that cause everything to go crazy, it's on you...
      --> Special thanks to ForestDragon for showing me how to get pass the inactive/active addons thing
      --> "Showing" as in I took a look at his code to see how he got pass the non-GSE era thing for his survival.
   --> Added 8 new Artifacts to Append to the current list of World Conquest artifacts
      --> jevyan's revived soul
         --> new ranged attack
         --> the rise of wesnoth lich lord, not the ASoF lover-boy guy.
      --> keshar's grimoire
         --> greater plague (ghouls)
         --> inspired by Mal Keshar
      --> armorplate of hejnewar
         --> heavy armour
         --> credits to hejnewar
      --> deflector shield
         --> new ranged "attack"
         --> credits to hejnewar
      --> valefolk axe
         --> augmenting melee attack
         --> credits to jotender
         --> (originally asked for sword but got too many of those)
      --> alchemist backpack
         --> support kit
         --> found it on suggest WC-artifacts letter
      --> shardia's meteor
         --> new ranged attack
         --> inspired from the shadowm herself.
      --> esther's rage
         --> ranged: rage(3)
         --> inspired from the Genesis campaign character
   --> Trainers:
      --> Vampiric Blood Magic training
          --> Are you willing to throw away your morales and embrace the night?
      --> Wingsong tutelage
          --> learn smart defensive warfare tactics
   --> enemy Array:
      --> revisions to monsters faction
   --> Legends Conquest Era
      --> New Era for World Conquest
      --> Heroes array selection themed around the Dark Irdya storyline
         --> They are grouped into three major factions which have paramount roles in Frigid Nightmares
      --> 7 Remixed Factions themed around the Dark Irdya storyline
Artifacts
Screenshot 2022-01-31 045017.png
Legends Conquest
Screenshot 2022-01-31 044436.png
Screenshot 2022-01-31 055142.png
Screenshot 2022-01-31 044710.png
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Code: Select all

version v1.2.7.7:
--> Legends Conquest:
   --> Fixed a typo which resulted in a Lua error