"A Gryphon's Tale" campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kapoue_II

Re: "A Gryphon's Tale" campaign

Post by Kapoue_II »

Yes
Sneezy

Post by Sneezy »

Hi-- got those fixes, and things proceeded about as expected.
Spoiler:
"Revolt" is a long slog through a lot of cave tunnels. Thankfully there are some saurians to help move things along. It doesn't seem to have an ending yet, and I look forward to seeing where you take it. You might want to tweak it some so that movement is not so painfully slow. So far, though, the campaign presents an absorbing story, and some nice alternative twists. Thanks for working on it; and good luck! --sneezy
Kapoue_II

Post by Kapoue_II »

Thanks. I'll work on the bat thing.

For now though, I need a favour.
Spoiler:
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Kapoue_II wrote: That's not what i want though. Any suggestions?
What about trying to post you help request in the Music & Sound Development forum? Perhaps someone that has a music software will be able to make 7 ogg files with one note each.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

I guess that you could quite easily create that yourself with e.g. Audacity (a powerful audio editor, I mention it since I know it is GPL).
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Kapoue_II

Post by Kapoue_II »

I have audacity, but it (at least, my version of it) cannot create sounds. It just alters existing tracks.However, I will check the software "getter" , and see if there's something more suited to the task.
For now though, I created a thread has been created in the music forum.
Kapoue_II

Post by Kapoue_II »

Ok, scenario fixed and going online :D. First uploaded new content made for the add-on since 1.1 I'm proud to say :wink:
andor33

Post by andor33 »

I found a bug in the campaign. I was on the scenario in which you play musical notes after leveling a pizolpha and when I finished it claimed the next scenario did not exist. I can't find any way around it as yet.[
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Not a bug. There really is no next scenario afaik.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Kapoue_II

Post by Kapoue_II »

Hopefully, the next one will be coming soon. I just need a bit more time....
Kapoue_II

Post by Kapoue_II »

Hey all;
I have gone on semi-permanent wes-break to pursue other coding languages (namely, AS2). If any one want to take over this campaign, the password is ******** (i suggest you change it to avoid people reading it up on here). I hope this campaign dosen't die as it has always been a favourite of mine :(.

Thanks everyone,
Feel free to contact me with anything you might want to know.
Last edited by Elvish_Hunter on August 26th, 2011, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Obscured PBL password
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

I edited your post and obscured your PBL password, since they're not supposed to be made available in the forums. Send it via PM to those users that ask for it.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
dirtywhitellama

Post by dirtywhitellama »

I am running BfW 1.8 and just downloaded gryphons tale today, however when I tried to play the first scenario (which I lost and haven't tried again) the main units that I commanded (I forget the name... not the leader unit, the 5-6 other ones I had flying around capturing villages) did not have any sprites (on my side or my opponent's). All I had was the team color circle on the ground and the action dot to tell me where they were. Any guesses why?
thanks!
Fat_Henkie

Post by Fat_Henkie »

I very much enjoyed this campaign, I liked the fact that it forces you to think outside the box a little bit. Also how to most effectively capture villages, useful in the first and later scenarios, was very nice. And the Zolpha unit, it took me a little time to figure it out, but once I knew how to use them, they were nice too. I liked how you were forced to use the gryphons mobility a lot of the time, resulting in very different tactics.

I did manage to win (defeat all enemy leaders) in scenario 5 Orcish attack on normal difficulty though. It was very hard to keep the main host of Orcs at bay, but once I managed that, I gained total map control+income and could take out the leaders on at a time ( I might have smuggled a bit with open-saving).

I did it like this: I defended all the middle and east path between the towers, using the advantage the mountains gave. They were too strong in the middle, but I could keep them at bay during the day and retreated step-wise during the night, also using saurians very effectively during the night, so that I fought them mostly during the day and they were weakened.
The Eastern path I managed to defeat all enemys and gain map control and circle around the right tower to reinforce the middle group. Once the main host was defeated I could heal up and conquer all villages and sweep down on the leaders.

I didn't know about the tricks from the towers available in this scenario, so I didn't use it.

So the point is it is very difficult to defeat/ keep at bay the host of units, but once you've managed that, you can easily kill the leaders.

Hope the feedback helps :), might post some more, when I've done more scenarios.
Dwarven_Void

Post by Dwarven_Void »

Published a 1.10 version. It's still very glitchy. I will try to remove said glitches.

PS: I'm only updating to the 1.10 server. I'm not taking over campaign maintenance/ design.

Report bugs here for me to fix.