1.12 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SkyOne

Re: 1.10 & 1.11 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by SkyOne »

Hi,

A new version, 0.11.0, has just gone to 1.11 server.

Currently, playable on BfW 1.11.2 only, though, because of the BG-map.
Although English structures in the dialogues that I edited at this time should be polished, hopefully, playable through the end without any bugs...

thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
gooby

Post by gooby »

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I have this weird problem of duplicates in my recruit list.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

gooby wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned but I have this weird problem of duplicates in my recruit list.
Thanks for posting, and sorry for the bug. But could you tell me more information? This thread has been used since BfW 1.6.
It sounds me you run Brave Wings version 0.10.x on BfW 1.10.6. Is that correct?

If so, the quickest solution is to install:

Code: Select all

[disallow_recruit]
    side=1
    type=Drake Burner,Drake Fighter,Drake Glider
[/disallow_recruit]
on the prestart event of scenario 3, Naga Land, (or the scenario you are ready to play).
Or changing BfW version to 1.10.5 from scenario 2, Unexpected Visitor.

If it occurs in other cases, please post what version of BfW and this campaign you are running.

I will update another version, 0.10.2, on BfW 1.10 server, anyway. --> EDIT: done on May, 4th. Still one on 1.11 server is better, though.:)
----------------

EDIT:
- version 0.11.1 has been on 1.11 server since May, 10th.
Mainly, word-corrections in the dialogues on this update, such as Faith Island --> Shimmering Isle (some still left on the previous version).

In the matter of: - (if players have leveled up any drakes since the beginning, one each of them has been added as a different drake on the new recall list when the game-leader changes), Sword Drake and Drake Ranger have been added (on this trick).
----------------

EDIT on the next day:
Oops, it seems there is a bug on scenario 13 Legend of a Dragon when Wyngilla moves to the 2nd keep. The "unknown unit type error" will probably occur... (there is no-longer Fire Drake Bw on 0.11.x of this campaign.) Please, hold on a little while.

As a temporary solution:
- installing this file into the "units" folder of the campaign
Bw_Fire.cfg
(298 Bytes) Downloaded 299 times
EDIT on May, 16th.
Now fixed version, 0.11.2, is on 1.11 server.
Dialogues only, but JA-translation has been installed also on this edition.
----------------
EDIT:
version 0.11.3 has been 1.11 server since June 15th.

The changes:
• fixed a minor bug on the campfires of scenario 09 Thunderthrow
• fixed a minor bug on the Anguiron’ advancement
• touched up slightly scenario 04 Saving Relatives
• Sword Drake’ XP, 80 --> 85
• touched travel markers on BG map
• touched up slightly the map file of 08 Hidden Cave
• updated a few of attack icons

thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
SkyOne

Re: (1.10 &) 1.11 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by SkyOne »

After a month-and-half (three months from the previous post), the new version, 0.11.4, has been on 1.11 server!

The changes:
- modified on the first scenario/map
- modified slightly on scenario/map 2, 11, 12, and 13
- installed three terrains (all encamping castles, but not look so good yet)
- edited words a bit in the dialogues
- polished the locations of travel markers on BG map
-----------------

EDIT:
Version 0.12.0 has been on 1.11 server since Oct. 14th.
A new drake unit has been added since this edition, so the version number jumped up to 0.12.0. Drake Ranger is now L3, and Drake Adventurer replaces ex-Ranger as L2 unit. Because of using the same ID, it won’t make a major error even crossing with the previous version, 0.11.4, but the unit advances differently if Drake Glider(s) or ex-Ranger(s) is on the recall list. Therefore, crossing with BW 0.11.x is not really recommendable on this edition.

The terrains that I mentioned above have been updated finally, and the old terrain code and image are still in the campaign to avoid the error. (they will be removed on the next edition.)

A new enemy unit, called Water Savage, has been installed on Orcish Newport scenario.

The third scenario, Naga Land, has been modified on this edition also.

And HP:
Drake Hero, 56 --> 58
Great Drake, 74 --> 76

XP:
Drake Hero, 90 --> 92
Sword Drake, 85 --> 90

P.S. on the next edition, the polished dialogues by the original editor of this campaign, Sneezy, will be installed.:Awesome:
(the game-play will probably be almost the same as version 0.12.0.)

thanks
SkyOne

Re: (1.10 &) 1.11 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by SkyOne »

Version 0.12.2 has just been uploaded on 1.11 server! (version 0.12.1 was skipped to upload because there were a few mistakes on it.)

As I mentioned on the previous post, many dialogues have been re-edited by Sneezy who originally edited the dialogues of this campaign on BfW 1.6. Since then, I had messed around them myself (as a none-native English speaker). But now they have been improved. I really appreciate it, Sneezy. ^_^

The new dialogues have been installed on JA-PO/MO file, too, but the translated words have not been edited much yet. Well, it is not really necessary actually AFaIK. Hopefully, all of them show in the game as well.

Others:
- a couple of hexes on 08 Bandit’s Connection map, cave --> cave-path
- touched up the tail of water savage’s melee sprite

Crossing with version 0.12.0 is absolutely fine, but not really with 0.11.x.
--------

EDIT:
The plans for the next edition, 0.12.3:
- scenario 13, Legend of a Dragon, will be modified, installing new default Skeletal Dragon, adding another side, etc...
- a terrain will be changed to a custom one on scenario 11, Mermaid Commander
- the map on scenario 2, Unexpected Visitor, will be slightly edited
and a few more.

It's been on 1.11 server since Nov. 7th. :)
---------

EDIT:
- version 0.12.4 has been on 1.11 server since Nov, 24th
This is a bug fixed update, including some map and unit-image updates, of the previous version. Running BfW 1.11.7, some error messages appeared on the previous version, 0.12.3, but they should be removed on this version.

Also,
Drake Lords’ HP, 72 --> 76
Javelin Carapaces’ HP, 44 --> 45
Heroic Carapaces’ HP, 55 --> 56

Drake Outcasts’ melee-attack, touch (impact) --> sword (blade), and removed PLAGUE WS
Wose Outcasts' melee-attack, touch --> crush, and removed PLAGUE WS
--------

EDIT on Dec, 7th:
on the next version, 0.12.5, 06 Western Union scenario will be balanced better on BfW 1.11.7. I think no-allied units (or maybe, 1~2 units) is on the map when it finishes. Installing the new AI code, introduced on BfW 1.11.7, will solve the issue although the scenario is still playable as well. (possibly, it also occurs on 04 Saving Relatives and 10 Mermaid Commander, but not really on 09 Thunderthrow and 11 Orcish Newport.)

Then version 0.12.5 has been on 1.11 server since Dec, 12th.
This version is probably balanced on BfW 1.11.7, but not sure on any early BfW versions. 1.11.0 - 1.11.2 and 1.11.7 are only versions that support my OS in the 1.11 series, so 1.11.7 is probably the recommendable version to play this campaign, I think.

The scenarios that I worked for the new [ai], the saving gold thing, of this update have already been mentioned above (ones Italic text), so the other changes are:
- removing the merging movement bug on 02 Unexpected Visitor scenario when all units transform. The units that have “quick trait” show as yellow orbs, but the movements are correct.
- touching slightly on the map files of 04 Saving Relatives and 08 Hidden Cave.
- removing stupid attempt of FOREACH code, that had been used just for a unit, on 07 Dwarvish Bandits scenario. - (this one does not affect the game play.)
- removing an image bug (magenta) on Javelin Carapace unit.
- correcting a melee-attack animation on Heroic Carapace unit.
--------------------

EDIT:
- version 0.12.6 has been on 1.11 server since Jan, 6th 2014.
Since this version, required BfW version of this campaign has been changed to 1.11.7 or later because the [micro_ai] has been installed on the first scenario. A new unit, Puma, has also been installed on the first scenario.:)
--------------------

EDIT:
- version 0.12.7 has been on 1.11 server since Feb, 12th 2014.
The changes:
- fixed some [filter_vision] tags to avoid any errors
- installed a straight-gate image on 08 Hidden Cave scenario
- polished Wyngilla's portrait
- changed Water Savage's race, monster --> talon (new custom race)
- added [micro_ai] on 10 Mermaid Commander and 11 Orcish Newport scenario
- replaced the unit-type of the allied side leader on 10 Mermaid Commander scenario from Enchantress to Siren
- changed the starting time on 08 Hidden Cave scenario from DAWN to FIRST WATCH

thanks
SkyOne

Re: 1.11/1.12 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by SkyOne »

Ah... It has been a half year since using the last frame... So I use the new one at this time...

Version 0.12.8 has been uploaded on 1.12 server.

This second upload on 1.12 server includes:

• polishing unit animations on custom drakes
-- the fire breath had been shot from the head of the Drakes (for long time), so it has finally been fixed (not yet on FoaP campaign..).
-- the melee attack animations have also been polished on some drake units, such as Kasii units.

• modifying some scenarios
-- the first three scenarios have been set as the summer schedule although the first one had already been it.
-- MAI actions have been installed on:
---- scenario 3, Naga Land (lurkers for side=3)
---- scenario 6, Western Union (guardians for side=2) the map file and some others have also been modified on this one, slightly, such as being able to carryover side=2 Dwarvish Guardsmen to the next scenario for player's side.
---- scenario 7, Dwarvish Bandit (guardians for side=2)

• others
-- the terrain-base for the deep water castle has been replaced from bw-ocean-tile to default ocean-tropical-tile
-- the trait modifications of Anguiron unit have been changed to loyal, strong, fearless

--------------------

EDIT:
Version 0.12.9 has been uploaded on 1.12 server since May, 12th.

At this time, I was able to polish and fix some bugs from scenario 08, Hidden Cave, through the end on 1.11.13. Also, able to touch up and clean up some other scenarios. The Fire Guardian (Flamon unit) is finally used effectively on scenario 09b, Bandit's Connection, and the overlay icons of the pickable weapons have been installed. (some more changes)

I think this version has been improved well.:)

-------------------

EDIT:
Version 0.12.10 has been uploaded on 1.12 server since Jun, 30th.

The 4th scenario, Saving Relatives ("Landing" on the version for BfW 1.10 or before), has been modified to avoid the same event, a volcanic eruption, as the Naga campaign and to introduce the Water Savage unit which also appears on a later scenario. A unit is possible to obtain the Regeneration ability on the scenario.:) The carryover gold also has been changed on the 1st to 4th scenario.

thanks
SkyOne

Re: 1.12 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by SkyOne »

Version 0.12.11 has been uploaded on 1.12 server since July, 23rd.

On this version:
- Wyngilla and Kasii appear from the beginning of the first scenario. It is the first time ever on this campaign, and I think it is better for the current circumstance of the Island. So the scenario has been modified, and their XP have been adjusted a bit.
- a couple of minor bugs;
-- Water Serpent and Cuttle Fish were possible to break the gate, then the Dwarvish Fighter says "thank you" even he may be attacked by them
-- the Fire Guardian unit was possible to appear by any attacks
has been fixed on scenario 08 Hidden Cave.
- modified Kasii's portrait, and added Anguiron's one using old Clasher's.
- the turns have been adjusted on scenario 03 Naga Land and 08 Hidden Cave, and the carryover gold has been changed to adding 20% (going to 08b_Bandit's_Connection) and 40% (going to 09_Thunderthrow) on scenario 08 Hidden Cave.

-----------------

Version 1.0.0 has been uploaded on 1.12 server since Sep, 8th.
There was not a huge reason to raise the version number to 1.0.0, but there was also not a particular reason to stay it as version 0.12.x or 0.13.0.

The changes of this update are mostly on the unit-files, including the animations. I think I removed all of begin= and end= on the campaign. One frame has been added to each of the melee-attack animation of Sword Drake and Drake Swordmaster units. And a portrait has been added for the turtle-like monster, Mavloss.

EDIT:
there is a bug on melee-attack animation of Drake Lord unit. The start_time should be -250, instead of 250.
It will be fixed on the next version.

------------------

Version 1.0.1 has been uploaded on 1.12 server since Oct, 10th.

On this version:
- fixed an animation-bug that was mentioned above
- polished several parts of the scenario and map on 03 Naga Land and 06 Western Union (to make them fun)
- modified a few parts of the scenario and map on 01 Shimmering Isle, 07 Dwarvish Bandits, and 08 Hidden Cave
- modified a few just on the map of 04 Saving Relatives, 09 Thunderthrow, and 11 Orcish Newport
- installed the orb icon
- updated the campaign image

And new BG-map (shifted SotBE map to the east and a bit north by zookeeper) has been installed, and the travel markers also installed on the new locations.
------------------

EDIT: on Nov, 4th
- there is a bug on the defense of Drake villages. It will be fixed on the next release that will be uploaded shortly.

------------------

Now version 1.0.2 has been on 1.12 server since Nov, 7th.

The changes:
- modified the scenario and map; 8 Hidden Cave and 11 Orcish Newport (that has been touched a lot)
- polished the scenario slightly; 12 Melphine's Home Seas and 13 Legend of a Dragon
- modified map slightly; 09 Thunderthrow and 10 Mermaid Commander
- polished slightly the melee attack animation; Drake Lord and Hunting Carapace
- fixed a bug; the terrain code on the custom villages
- installed a story image and some misc images to indicate the circumstance of the campaign as well (this is the first attempt)
- touched slightly the set-up of the campaign, and edited the pre-game storyline following the matter
- installed a dwarven-door-like image on scenario 07, Dwarvish Bandits

-------------

EDIT:
- the BG-map doesn't show as well on the full screen mode.
It will be fixed on the next release.

Now the fixed version, 1.0.3, has been on 1.12 server since Dec, 2nd.
other changes:
- polished slightly on scenario 04 Saving Relatives
- edited the scenario-music a bit on some scenarios
- edited the sampling of the music file, "The High Kings March", by West to 44100Hz from 48000Hz to make the file run as the original speed

thanks
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Version 1.0.4 has been uploaded on 1.12 server!

Well, I update the forum post once a while for this campaign even the new version does not particularly include major changes at this time.
(Naga campaign, Return of the Monster, has also been uploaded today!)

The changes:
- updated the maps on scenario 01 Shimmering Isle and 14 Epilogue
- edited the scenario music again on some scenarios
- changed the unit-names (from RotM)*;
-- Hunting Carapace --> Carapacian Hunter
-- Infiltrative Carapace --> Carapacian Infiltrator
- added the melee-attack animation to Carapacian Infiltrator and Monstrous Carapace units
- added an attack-icon for Water Savage unit
- polished slightly on 13 Legend of a Dragon scenario
- touched slightly on a story-image, shimmering-isle.jpg

* the unit IDs are the same as the previous version, so crossing versions to play are just fine.

==========================

Version 1.1.0 has been on 1.12 server since May, 30th 2015.
Because new custom units, Dwarvish Wanderer and Pioneer, replaced Dwarvish Annalist and Loremaster (from THoT) on this version, crossing with version 1.0.x is no longer possible after the 4th scenario, Saving Relatives. Also scenario 08b Bandit Connection is now 09 Bandit Connection, so all scenario numbers after the scenario have been changed. Saurian Skirmishers are available to recruit on scenario 7-10, so a cave scenario, Bandit Connection, does not really have to be an option scenario anymore.

Several images have also been replaced on this version;
- Dultas's portrait
- updated Wose and Dwarvish Bandit's portraits
- ark-halberd (attack-icon)
- added short blade (attack-icon)
- the overlays moved to better locations
- improved some unit-animations, including hero units

====================================

Version 1.1.1 has been uploaded on 1.12 server since July, 29th.

This is a minor update that includes:
- polished the animation on scenario 10, Thunderthrow
- added the ne-animation for Carapacian Hunter unit
- corrected a spelling on the main file
- removed a minor bug on scenario 14, Legend of a Dragon
- updated ja-translation (very few change, though)

thanks
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

It has been almost for a year..., so it's the time to update the post. :)

The new version 1.1.2 has been uploaded on 1.12 server.
The most changes at this time are on the first scenario, including the scenario title. It is finally adjusted with the new geography as well (I believe). The Nagas (enemy) came from the west until the previous version, but they come from the northeast on the new version. So the Puma unit has been removed because it is not necessary anymore.

The game strategy has totally been changed on it, so the feedback even just for the scenario will be a great appreciation.

Other changes:
- a portrait has been added for Tyngel L3 unit
- as a variation of the enemy units, a new unit (Skeleton Steerer) has been added from Northern Forces campaign that is also updated here.
- some unnecessary codes have been removed
- the image of Water Encampment Keep (terrain) has slightly been touched
- updated the shimmering-isle.jpg (story-image)

The Naga campaign (Return of the Monster) has been updated also.

thanks
marat

Post by marat »

Russian translation
Attachments
wesnoth-Brave_Wings.7z
.MO+.PO for Brave Wings 1.1.2 (BfW 1.12)
(63.51 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

marat wrote:Russian translation
Thank you, marat.
Version 1.1.3 has just been uploaded (on 1.12 server) with your Russian translation. I really appreciated. :)

So I added your name on the credit list of the main file, and these on the PO:

Code: Select all

#. [about]
#: Brave_Wings/_main.cfg:63
msgid "Japanese Translation"
msgstr "Японский Перевод"

#. [about]
#: Brave_Wings/_main.cfg:69
msgid "Russian Translation"
msgstr "Русский Перевод"
Hopefully, the words are right.

Japanese translation has also been updated with a slight touch on this version, however, some issues had already been reported regarding the translation:
- no underscore in front of the name, "Esoteric Drake", on its unit file --> fixed on version 1.1.3
- a spelling mistake on "textdomain wesnoth-Brave_Wings" of the Carapacian_Hunter.cfg --> fixed on version 1.1.3
- no unit description on Skeleton_Steerer.cfg --> added "Riding a fish-like creature, the Skeleton Steerer handles spears as his/her weapon." on version 1.1.3
(I mean that those have not been translated, yet.)
pe_em

Post by pe_em »

Hello SkyOne,

I've just started playing your campaign and noticed that in the first scenario when at turn 4 nagas join it, drakes' leader says:
No matter! My brave drakes will defeat you anyway. Braves, be ready! Westwards!
Actually, the nagas come from the east of the map. I remember playing an earlier version of this campaign when the nagas' camp used to appear on the west of the map, so probably when you were changing it you have forgotten to correct the dialogue.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

pe_em wrote:Hello SkyOne,

I've just started playing your campaign and noticed that in the first scenario when at turn 4 nagas join it, drakes' leader says:
No matter! My brave drakes will defeat you anyway. Braves, be ready! Westwards!
Actually, the nagas come from the east of the map. I remember playing an earlier version of this campaign when the nagas' camp used to appear on the west of the map, so probably when you were changing it you have forgotten to correct the dialogue.
Hi pe_em,

You are right. That is exactly what happened. Thank you for reporting.:)

The fixed version, 1.1.4, has just been on 1.12 server (edited the part in all translations).
German translation, translated by Chewan, has been installed on this version. There is also a few changes on scenario Thunderthrow, but they do not affect the gameplay.
Crossing with the previous version in the middle of the campaign is absolutely fine.

thanks
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Hey, just finished (re)playing the latest version of Brave Wings (1.1.4). I love this campaign! It was one of the first addon campaigns I ever played. It's very satisfying to plow through enemies with a horde of armageddon drakes :) I loved the new level 3 skirmisher unit too - they were very useful and made leveling gliders actually worthwhile.

Some minor stuff I noticed:
-In Dwarvish bandits, Dultas starts with 57/44 HP (so he can take some damage and still stay at full HP).

-Starting from the scenario Thunderthrow, the gold carryover system changes to 80% but there's no note about it in the objectives.

-In Thunderthrow, maybe Tyngel should be passive? He rushed out on his own into a bunch of orcs, luckily the orcs focused on other units but I was worried he'd be killed since for me he was still level 2 at that point.

Balance: (played on Hard)
-Scenarios 1 and 4 are particularly hard (enemy has very high income + bad terrain). I think Scenario 4 (Saving relatives) might be too hard. The eastern trolls have 90+ income which is enough to recruit 3 level 2 trolls per turn, and you have to fight them in a cave. In addition there's a bottleneck and a relatively short time limit. I did manage to break through the bottleneck eventually with the help of several newly leveled inferno drakes and finished turn 19/22, but even inferno drakes do pretty bad damage in caves.

-Mermaid Commander was extremely easy - I just flew straight to the direwolf leader with some inferno/armageddon drakes and fried him during the first day (finished turn 6).

--------------

Thanks for an awesome and really fun campaign!
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Inky wrote:Hey, just finished (re)playing the latest version of Brave Wings (1.1.4). I love this campaign! It was one of the first addon campaigns I ever played. It's very satisfying to plow through enemies with a horde of armageddon drakes :) I loved the new level 3 skirmisher unit too - they were very useful and made leveling gliders actually worthwhile.
Hi Inky, I am glad to hear it. :D And thank you for replaying and posting always effective feedbacks. Feedbacks from playing on the hard difficulty are very helpful.
Inky wrote:-In Dwarvish bandits, Dultas starts with 57/44 HP (so he can take some damage and still stay at full HP).
Fixed, but it may be a bug. The transform-unit macro used to transform unit's HP also, I think...
Thank you for pointing it out.
Inky wrote:-Starting from the scenario Thunderthrow, the gold carryover system changes to 80% but there's no note about it in the objectives.
added them on scenario 11-13. Thanks.
Inky wrote:-In Thunderthrow, maybe Tyngel should be passive? He rushed out on his own into a bunch of orcs, luckily the orcs focused on other units but I was worried he'd be killed since for me he was still level 2 at that point.
Yes, I agree. Tyngel is better to be passive, so changed. Thank you.
Inky wrote:Balance: (played on Hard)
-Scenarios 1 and 4 are particularly hard (enemy has very high income + bad terrain). I think Scenario 4 (Saving relatives) might be too hard. The eastern trolls have 90+ income which is enough to recruit 3 level 2 trolls per turn, and you have to fight them in a cave. In addition there's a bottleneck and a relatively short time limit. I did manage to break through the bottleneck eventually with the help of several newly leveled inferno drakes and finished turn 19/22, but even inferno drakes do pretty bad damage in caves.
Thank you!
They have been changed to:
- scenario 1; -10 gold on hard
- scenario 4; modified the map, added 2 turns to normal and hard, -10 gold and income on hard

Also, the first troll leader has been changed to Rocklobber from Shaman because there is another shaman with last breath [event]. I mean that they are better to be a different portrait each other.
Inky wrote:Mermaid Commander was extremely easy - I just flew straight to the direwolf leader with some inferno/armageddon drakes and fried him during the first day (finished turn 6).
Oh, that is too early even you are a good player. The keep of the direwolf leader was actually too close to player's keep. It has been moved 3 hexes to the south, and added a couple of wolf-guards. Also, recruiting too many Cuttle Fishes made the northeast empty, so it has been limited on the new version, 1.1.5, that has just been on 1.12 server. Thank you so much.:)

Other changes:
- polished a bit Mavloss (carapaced fighter) portrait
- corrected some grammar mistakes, especially the pre-game dialogues - corrected English has been installed on each MO files, but I attach Russian PO just in case:
bw-Russian-po.zip
(61.97 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
thanks