1.12 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

slamajama09

Re: 1.8 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by slamajama09 »

Sorry Skyone. I am new to Wesnoth and have not tried online forums be4. Anyway, this campaign is great (up to the point where the catapult reanimates, that is). I am currently playing Wesnoth version 1.8.0 and Brave Wings version 0.7.2. The only thing i can think of is that i need Wesnoth 1.8.1 because one of my other user campaigns is working in the new version that did not work before. can i just copy and paste my save zips from 1.8.0 into the userdata section of 1.8.1?
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

slamajama09 wrote:can i just copy and paste my save zips from 1.8.0 into the userdata section of 1.8.1?
It'll mostly work if the BfW versions aren't too different (even from new to old!).
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
slamajama09

Post by slamajama09 »

Anonymissimus wrote:
slamajama09 wrote:can i just copy and paste my save zips from 1.8.0 into the userdata section of 1.8.1?
It'll mostly work if the BfW versions aren't too different (even from new to old!).
If that is the case, where do i find the player made campaigns and their data because I went into the 1.8.1 files and there is no userdata folder like in the previous version
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

slamajama09 wrote:Sorry Skyone. I am new to Wesnoth and have not tried online forums be4.
Oh, that is absolutely fine by me. You can also use the quote tag to make your post clearer.
slamajama09 wrote:Anyway, this campaign is great
Thank you. It is supposed be better after my monitor gets fixed. (currently, I am out of BfW)
slamajama09 wrote:If that is the case, where do i find the player made campaigns and their data because I went into the 1.8.1 files and there is no userdata folder like in the previous version
Even you download BfW 1.8.1, the user-data of BfW 1.8.0 will remain on your computer, so you can find them in the same folder as BfW 1.8.0. Another word, the user-data won’t be replaced by installing any other versions of BfW.
BfW 1.8.2 is supposed to be released very soon, though.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

SkyOne wrote:
slamajama09 wrote:If that is the case, where do i find the player made campaigns and their data because I went into the 1.8.1 files and there is no userdata folder like in the previous version
Even you download BfW 1.8.1, the user-data of BfW 1.8.0 will remain on your computer, so you can find them in the same folder as BfW 1.8.0. Another word, the user-data won’t be replaced by installing any other versions of BfW.
BfW 1.8.2 is supposed to be released very soon, though.
slamajama09 is on win I suppose and not macintosh like you Sky1.
The userdata may also be somewhere in the "documents and settings" section depending on how you installed wesnoth, or it may not yet have been created if you haven't yet saved a game or so.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

That's where to find your usedata dir.
Anyway, changing to 1.8.1 should fix it...
@Skyone
Odd. BW works perfectly fine on my PC (Wesnoth 1.8.0\Xubuntu 10.04).
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
slamajama09

Post by slamajama09 »

i found it but it took me awhile. Where the userdata for 1.8.0 is put in "C:/program files/battle for wesnoth 1.8.0", the userdata for 1.8.1 was put in "public documents/my games/wesnoth1.8". I did manage to transfer the save files over to the new version successfully. When i restarted the scenario the glitch was gone :D
zaladore

Post by zaladore »

version 1.8 doesnt work when you have to save the merman it usts says you lose when you start it can you fix it?
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Anonymissimus wrote:slamajama09 is on win I suppose and not macintosh like you Sky1.
The userdata may also be somewhere in the "documents and settings" section depending on how you installed wesnoth, or it may not yet have been created if you haven't yet saved a game or so.
Oh, I see, Anon. It probably causes to the bug slamajama09 talked about. It also explains why I have never had that bug during the testing.
sur.nhm wrote:That's where to find your usedata dir.
Anyway, changing to 1.8.1 should fix it...
@Skyone
Odd. BW works perfectly fine on my PC (Wesnoth 1.8.0\Xubuntu 10.04).
I appreciate, sur.nhm.:smile:
slamajama09 wrote:i found it but it took me awhile. Where the userdata for 1.8.0 is put in "C:/program files/battle for wesnoth 1.8.0", the userdata for 1.8.1 was put in "public documents/my games/wesnoth1.8". I did manage to transfer the save files over to the new version successfully. When i restarted the scenario the glitch was gone :D
Glad to hear it works.
zaladore wrote:version 1.8 doesnt work when you have to save the merman it usts says you lose when you start it can you fix it?
Could you post more informations? Unfortunately, I am not able to know what happens on your game just by your informations. What scenario you are talking about? Maybe, Naga Land? Posting your save file may be helpful to solve it.

The best solution is probably to re-download Brave Wings, then restart from the beginning of the scenario that you are talking about.
--------------------------

EDIT on June 19

Version 0.7.3 is on the server.
scenario 1-7 and 8b have been touched up, and the pre-game storyline has been edited. Those are mostly by following boru’s feedbacks. Drake Fighters are recruitable in all scenarios on this edition.
------------------------------------------------

EDIT on July, 9

Version 0.7.4 is on the server.
Modifying scenario 9-Epilogue by following boru's feedback on Add-on Feedback Forum.

--------------------------------------------------

EDIT on Aug, 5

Version 0.7.5 is on the server.
Finally, level=3 Kasii (Esoteric Drake) has been installed on this edition, and a new unit, Drake Ranger, has been added as glider's another advancement. Also, the images of Drake Lord have been touched up.

Other changes
-The movement for Sword Drake/Battler is 6-->5, and XP for Sword is 75-->80
-Sneezy's polished up dialogues are installed on the pre-game storyline at the third and fourth paragraphs. (thank you :wink: )
-The scenarios and maps have been modified on the both cave scenarios.
-adding a code as race=drake on the scenario Orcish Newport in the attack_end event.
-a frame has been added for Hydra unit.
-putting Boru on the credit list as "Feedback and Advice"

Thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Zephyrus

Post by Zephyrus »

I have experienced the "thunderthrow reappears after being destroyed" bug using the current version (0.7.5) of the campaign and Wesnoth 1.8.3. However, I found that this happens ONLY if I have also rescued Montas by turn 6. Otherwise, the Thunderthrow stays dead.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

SkyOne: I don't know why to choose sword drake over warrior now, they seems to be generally weaker than their warrior counterparts and now they're even slower, they're roughly equal to flares in combat
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Zephyrus wrote:I have experienced the "thunderthrow reappears after being destroyed" bug using the current version (0.7.5) of the campaign and Wesnoth 1.8.3. However, I found that this happens ONLY if I have also rescued Montas by turn 6. Otherwise, the Thunderthrow stays dead.
Thanks for reporting, and sorry for that happening. I have found an extra clear_variable tag when Montas is rescued. So it happens if players rescue Montas in the 6 turns after blowing up the thunderthrow. It will be fixed on the next edition. I will notice it here when it is ready.
Battlecruiser_Venca wrote:SkyOne: I don't know why to choose sword drake over warrior now, they seems to be generally weaker than their warrior counterparts and now they're even slower, they're roughly equal to flares in combat
A good point. Thanks.
When I built this campaign, some drakes were still able to handle swords, but not anymore on current drakes. So the purpose of creating the Sword/Battler was to let them use swords, especially, for picking up a sword, Shadow Bane, which is effective on the last two scenarios. I was able to replace it to a war blade or talon, but it was slightly strange if Montas developed a weapon for drakes.

In fact, Sword/Battler was supposed to be stronger a bit than Warrior/Blademaster (HPs are higher), and designed to battle on the front line. That was why I made them slower. However, they are actually not really in the game. Therefore, I will change their resistance to the same as "move_type=drakefoot" on the next edition, 0.7.6, which will be on the server soon.
Battlecruiser_Venca

But their attack is kinda weak I'd suppose to simply add a 5th strike to their melee attack (so, it'll be 7-5 sword vs 11-3 warrior resp. 11-5 battler vs 16-3 blademaster). So warrior/blademaster will earn from their mobility, sword/battler for their raw attack power now. Oh, I have an alternative idea: 20% blade resist, 10-20% pierce resist and steadfast.

My idea was to make them either 7-mp unit or 6-mp skirm (for skirm variation reduce HP a bit) with current attacks it'd made them interesting unit.

I'm playing FOAP now and sword/battler missing pierce weakness doesn't help them too much. And I found a bug in dragon scenario (FOAP thread)

EDIT: If you wanna contact me, feel free to use an IM, my contacts are in my profile

EDIT2: I gave the shadowbane to Wyngilla I think, he has the best use of it, only sowrd/battler drake i made when playing brave wings was dextrous/loyal one (they had 6 mp at that time).

EDIT3: What about drake ranger? When I'm looking at its WML I don't think that they'd be useful. I think that they're lacking defence of sky drake (50% everywhere except cave). The main point of glider line when i played this campaign was the water control (along with usual scouting) where gliders have 40% and sky & hurricanes have 50% (and sky & hurricanes aren't even slowed with deep water) where any other drake has only 20%. So my question is: What's their designed usage?
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

A bug fixed version, 0.7.6, is on the server.
I hope that no-one will see the annoying message by the orc leader anymore as long as blowing up Thunderthrow in the six turn in any cases.
I wrote:I will change their resistance to the same as "move_type=drakefoot" on the next edition, 0.7.6
I only raised up against the pierce attack (+10) at this time because their defense should be less than one in Clasher-line'.
Also, "race=drake" was missing on Drake Ranger, so I added it.

That is all the changes at this time. More will be later on.
Battlecruiser_Venca wrote:But their attack is kinda weak I'd suppose to simply add a 5th strike to their melee attack (so, it'll be 7-5 sword vs 11-3 warrior resp. 11-5 battler vs 16-3 blademaster). So warrior/blademaster will earn from their mobility, sword/battler for their raw attack power now. Oh, I have an alternative idea: 20% blade resist, 10-20% pierce resist and steadfast.

My idea was to make them either 7-mp unit or 6-mp skirm (for skirm variation reduce HP a bit) with current attacks it'd made them interesting unit.

I'm playing FOAP now and sword/battler missing pierce weakness doesn't help them too much. And I found a bug in dragon scenario (FOAP thread)

EDIT: If you wanna contact me, feel free to use an IM, my contacts are in my profile

EDIT2: I gave the shadowbane to Wyngilla I think, he has the best use of it, only sowrd/battler drake i made when playing brave wings was dextrous/loyal one (they had 6 mp at that time).

EDIT3: What about drake ranger? When I'm looking at its WML I don't think that they'd be useful. I think that they're lacking defence of sky drake (50% everywhere except cave). The main point of glider line when i played this campaign was the water control (along with usual scouting) where gliders have 40% and sky & hurricanes have 50% (and sky & hurricanes aren't even slowed with deep water) where any other drake has only 20%. So my question is: What's their designed usage?
Okay, okay, thank you for your ideas, Battlecruiser_Venca, but I am a middle-aged man who has only two hands, so any changes will be step-by-step.:smile:
Ranger is a mixed fighter, not a scout, and "alignment=neutral".

It is built for:
1. cave maps, especially on Hidden Cave.
2. saving golds for some players (and challenging for some players). Ranger won't level up to three.

Skirmisher Ability for Ranger might be interesting.:smile:
------------------------------------------------

EDIT: on Sep, 29

A minor bug fixed version, 0.7.7, is on the server.

There was the same bug on both Orcish and Ghost Ship. It has been fixed.
As I mentioned, Skirmisher Ability has been added on Drake Ranger. (thanks, Battlecruiser_Venca :smile: )
Its images have also been touched up, but polishing the melee animation is under the plan.

Re-organizing portraits, including the campaign image, is necessary on this campaign, because of updating them on BfW 1.8.5, but it will be on the next edition.
In addition, shadows for dwarf units should be updated. They hopefully will be on the next edition.
------------------------

EDIT: on Oct, 23

Another minor changed version, 0.7.8, went to the server.
Now the steadfast ability is on Sword/Battler. (thanks again, Battlecruiser_Venca :smile: It seems to work fine on the units.)
Some scenarios have been touched up slightly at this upload, and re-organized the portraits, including campaign image. Also, the BG map has been touched up. It used to be ".png", but I took ".jpg" at this time, just the same as FoaP.

Thanks
Battlecruiser_Venca

The Sword/Battler drakes should have at least 10% pierce resistance to steadfast affect it. Now they have steadfast benefits only on 2 resistances ( impact and blade) which limits their usage. 10% pierce resistance should be great too