Where can i get add ons of old version?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Soliton
Site Administrator

Re: Where can i get add ons of old version?

Post by Soliton »

Elvish_Hunter wrote:For example, in AngelsFearToTread.tar.bz2 there is a folder called AngelsFearToTread containing all the data and subfolders, but there isn't the AngelsFearToTread.cfg file. The same happens for Flight_Freedom_1_x.tar.bz2, Legend_of_Wesmere.tar.bz2, Saving_Elensefar.tar.bz2, The_Mage_University.tar.bz2 and probably others that I haven't yet tried.
Now the questions are, am I doing something wrong? If not, where can I download the cfg files for these and the other 1.2 addons?
There was a bug in the script that created those archives. I've rebuild them so they should be fine now.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Elvish_Hunter wrote: ...
shadowmaster wrote:For the Legend of Wesmere case: We encourage you to play it in 1.6 or 1.7 instead - it's in mainline, with much better text, graphics and player stats balancing. ;)
[off topic mode on]
Yes, yes, I know... Already played and won :mrgreen: By spamming Elvish Shydes and Sylphs against Landar... And with a strange bug: in Bounty Hunters if Anduilas is already level 3 he won't be recalled, despite being loyal, and will be left by Kalenz to defend the Ka'lian. This happened me in 1.6a, and I deleted the savegame and the replay to NOT level Anduilas... Maybe should I use :debug to generate a savegame?
And thanks for creating my favourite unit! I hope that one day Elvish Hunters go in mainline...
[/off topic mode off]
Thank you for the bug report. In the next release no loyal unit will be left behind at the Ka'lian.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Soliton wrote:I've rebuild them so they should be fine now
Soliton, thanks for your effort.
I'm sorry to tell you that the problem is still here. I cleared Firefox's cookies and cache (just to be sure) and downloaded again AngelsFearToTread.tar.bz2, Chidren_of_Dragons.tar.bz2 and Story_of_the_Wose.tar.bz2.
All these archives still don't contain the Addon_Name.cfg file, but only the Addon_Name folder. It seems to me just like the rebuilt archives aren't yet uploaded. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
fabi wrote:Thank you for the bug report.
I'm glad to have been of service for the Kingdom of Wesnoth and the World of Irdya. :D
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Elvish_Hunter wrote:
Soliton wrote:I've rebuild them so they should be fine now
Soliton, thanks for your effort.
I'm sorry to tell you that the problem is still here. I cleared Firefox's cookies and cache (just to be sure) and downloaded again AngelsFearToTread.tar.bz2, Chidren_of_Dragons.tar.bz2 and Story_of_the_Wose.tar.bz2.
All these archives still don't contain the Addon_Name.cfg file, but only the Addon_Name folder. It seems to me just like the rebuilt archives aren't yet uploaded. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Sorry, didn't move the corrected archives to the right place. Should be fixed now.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Soliton wrote:Should be fixed now.
Soliton, thank you again!
I downloaded all 1.2 addons and I've checked with 7-Zip.
All of them now are OK: i tried installing by hand AngelsFearToTread, Liberty and An_orcish_Incursion and they're all correctly showed in Campaigns menu; I also tried to start An Orcish Incursion and it works (but the actual mainline version is better :wink: ).
I can also tell you that all 1.0 addons at http://www.wesnoth.org/files/addons/1.0/ are OK and have their cfg file (I installed 1.0.2 and then installed by hand Liberty and A Gryphon's Tale).
I'll also check 1.4 and 1.5 addons (for manual installation, not with the Add-ons button) and keep you posted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: I confirm that now also add-ons for 1.4 and 1.5 seem to be fixed.
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

I'm not a professional threadmancer :mrgreen: , but I have to resurrect again this thread, because here was pointed out that the actual version of Griffoon Lads available on the 1.4 addon server via web interface is missing some files. I had a backup of the version before the script bug fixing and noticed that the old version missed the cfg file, but all the other files were OK, and I posted my backup.
So, I checked my backups, and noticed that some 1.4 addons have some files and folders missing. For example I found (but probably there are other addons with missing parts, after all checking addons one-by-one requires a lot of time):
ANL_Univ
A_New_Order
The_Conquest_of_a_Dark_Queen
Extended_Era
Era_of_Myths
Into_The_Underworld
SurvivalXAddOnMaps
Water_World_Era
Griffoon_Lads
The_Dark_Hordes (This one for 1.5)
And some 1.4 addons were uploaded twice, one time with the correct extension tar.bz2, and another with tar.bz2.tar.bz2. (example: Age_of_Titans_MP_era.tar.bz2.tar.bz2).
Soliton, can you please check the server for these problems? Thanks in advance again.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

No idea how that happened but I've deleted everything and rebuilt it from the addon server so it should be fixed now.
Harion

Post by Harion »

Hadiel wrote:Can you get those old add-ons for 1.7.0?

Also is there a campaign focused on a Fencer?
or at least one where you can recruit them...
Story of Wose had fencers, heck I think one of the main characters was a fencer.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Soliton wrote:No idea how that happened but I've deleted everything and rebuilt it from the addon server so it should be fixed now.
Just a quick note to tell you that I checked and, unfortunately, The Dark Hordes on 1.5 addon server is still missing the folders "units" and "utils".
Again, thanks for your help.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Elvish_Hunter wrote:
Soliton wrote:No idea how that happened but I've deleted everything and rebuilt it from the addon server so it should be fixed now.
Just a quick note to tell you that I checked and, unfortunately, The Dark Hordes on 1.5 addon server is still missing the folders "units" and "utils".
Again, thanks for your help.
I'm afraid I don't care for 1.5. I'm not even sure we still have the data somewhere.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

TDH is also safe on Wesnoth-umc-dev. There may even be some old tarballs lying around there.
BabyDragonV2

Post by BabyDragonV2 »

im trying to get a 1.4 add on working but it wont seem to work for as it doesnt appear in game not sure if the place im putting it is wrong or what but it was the move units between campaigns and im hoping someone can help
egallager

Post by egallager »

BabyDragonV2 wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 11:48 pm im trying to get a 1.4 add on working but it wont seem to work for as it doesnt appear in game not sure if the place im putting it is wrong or what but it was the move units between campaigns and im hoping someone can help
Could you be a bit more specific?
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

BabyDragonV2 wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 11:48 pm im trying to get a 1.4 add on working but it wont seem to work for as it doesnt appear in game not sure if the place im putting it is wrong or what but it was the move units between campaigns and im hoping someone can help
For those ones they have a different structure. They won't work until you update that. Just compare what a modern add on has and make it similar. : )
BabyDragonV2

Post by BabyDragonV2 »

Atreides wrote: July 4th, 2022, 3:17 pm
For those ones they have a different structure. They won't work until you update that. Just compare what a modern add on has and make it similar. : )
what file do i check to do that