Where can i get add ons of old version?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BabyDragonV2

Re: Where can i get add ons of old version?

Post by BabyDragonV2 »

egallager wrote: July 4th, 2022, 12:34 am
BabyDragonV2 wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 11:48 pm im trying to get a 1.4 add on working but it wont seem to work for as it doesnt appear in game not sure if the place im putting it is wrong or what but it was the move units between campaigns and im hoping someone can help
Could you be a bit more specific?
im just moving the file around places i think it will work in none have so far and it was one of those mods in the "other" section
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

BabyDragonV2 wrote: July 4th, 2022, 6:06 pm
Atreides wrote: July 4th, 2022, 3:17 pm
BabyDragonV2 wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 11:48 pm im trying to get a 1.4 add on working but it wont seem to work for as it doesnt appear in game not sure if the place im putting it is wrong or what but it was the move units between campaigns and im hoping someone can help
For those ones they have a different structure. They won't work until you update that. Just compare what a modern add on has and make it similar. : )
what file do i check to do that
I see you made a typo, it's the move units between campaigns add-on from 1.14 not 1.4. I guess you're wondering what directory to place it in? Try and find your other addons and put it there. Whether it will work is unknown, because if as I assume you're using 1.16 it might actually not work and require porting. Dugi would be the one to handle that as he is active (?) and he made it.
BabyDragonV2

Post by BabyDragonV2 »

Atreides wrote: July 5th, 2022, 4:15 am
For those ones they have a different structure. They won't work until you update that. Just compare what a modern add on has and make it similar. : )
I see you made a typo, it's the move units between campaigns add-on from 1.14 not 1.4. I guess you're wondering what directory to place it in? Try and find your other addons and put it there. Whether it will work is unknown, because if as I assume you're using 1.16 it might actually not work and require porting. Dugi would be the one to handle that as he is active (?) and he made it.
it was a typo that i didnt notice and i did do that theres 2 spots that i can find the mods 1 is through the wesnoth file in documents i put it there and another in the steamapps file tried putting there too with no luck and i have no clue how to port that
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

BabyDragonV2 wrote: July 5th, 2022, 8:46 pm

it was a typo that i didnt notice and i did do that theres 2 spots that i can find the mods 1 is through the wesnoth file in documents i put it there and another in the steamapps file tried putting there too with no luck and i have no clue how to port that
I don't use Windows or Steam so I don't really know where they go in those systems but what you can do is open the game and click the i button in the lower left, look for the 5th entry from the top which should be addons and that will tell you where your addons files are located.
BabyDragonV2

Post by BabyDragonV2 »

Atreides wrote: July 6th, 2022, 3:52 pm
BabyDragonV2 wrote: July 5th, 2022, 8:46 pm

I don't use Windows or Steam so I don't really know where they go in those systems but what you can do is open the game and click the i button in the lower left, look for the 5th entry from the top which should be addons and that will tell you where your addons files are located.
i know where they are but i think the thing is the mod is from a past version so its incompatible with the current one