Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.27

Post by octalot »

main/data/RE_data/amla.cfg has some generically-named #defines that haven't been given an AE_ prefix. Examples: AMLA_SPEED, AMLA_HEAL, AMLA_ABILITY.

This hasn't caused a problem for me, I'm just reviewing add-ons with units that have vision different to movement.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I had reason to test it at some point, and all addons have their own preprocessing context.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well I'm back and will start the duty I should have ended long ago, as well of an observation that could help.

Afternooth replay: find harmless giving mushroom grove movement cost to 1 to Miners (one more thing in the all to do list previosly mentionated long ago). Roughly, I had a chance in this match thanks to various buffs to Dalemen faction that were done some time ago.

Small observation:
Lv2 EoMa tanks in Ageless at being highly bulky and most popular leader choice, wouldn't be a bad idea chaning their two ranged attacks from +Marskman to +Aimed (50% version cth) for their ageless version.

And yep, I will start coding the previously proposed list of changes long ago, also will eventually mention an aproximation of when it will be published once I finish like the 70% of the list.

(Will be editing this post soon)
Spoiler:
Attachments
Afternorth replay.gz
Dalemen (By me) vs Ceresian League
(53.31 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
IPS

Post by IPS »

Soon sending my files with modified stats.

Few notable things to realize:
- Tons of rebalancing (as always), in various factions
- Some repricing in lv2/lv3 units (that's a common extra)
- New Units to BEEM - Wood Warriors to compense important flaws in the faction (apart of significant buffs to make faction more resistant to arcane).
- Lots of movement costs standarization/balancing (MERCS Era, Despair, Some other factions)
- Menagerie 1 recruitable line: IPS's version of Roswelians !! , new lv3 advancement for Blue Mage --> Azure Technomancer (More mele than mage, mechanical hybrid fighter, with IPS's unit description)
- Welking lv2 guards no longer having bugged resistances (FINALLY!) but their lv2/lv3 steadfast nerfed to shield-defense 10/20% values, as having ranged attack and being too tanky is too strong to have steadfast againist magical attack types.

(Also lookin for minor details for if there is more to be done before editing this with all my modifications).

ISSUES
- Lv2 - Lv3 statues have unnown origin Steadfast in game, can't find the origin as in Ageless Era they're not intended to have Steadfast.
- Many animals (such as wolves) considered as Monsters race, thing that is wanted to be changed to Animal Race
- Specific unit RPG traits for any case --- SKIPPED as it means a tons of work, not for this update
- Terror Aura rework/Revamp/Nerf --- SKIPPED as there were more important stuff to be done first.

More details at here:
Spoiler:
(Viewing if everything is okey before sending the file, still animations and portraits/attack images need some extra work that I didn't do)
(Still all resources and misc stuff to be implemented will be sent in my upload)

Problems with size of portraits/sprites from archaic era for a general re-update of all archaic artistic content in Ageless Era will be looking at how will do this.
Attachments
MANEGERIE SPRITES.rar
All except portraits, here, as they are insanely heavy for forum's upload format. Still, all that content can be uploaded from archaic era to Ageless itself with some extra work... More accesible here for new unit content for 4.28 which can help a lot in AE menagerie gameplay
(295.9 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
4.28 modifications.rar
All balance, units codes, except artistic content is here
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 192 times
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well, this is the last advice of upcoming Ageless-Era changes from 4.27 to 4.28.

It's official that in less than 2 weeks there will be an Ageless update.

Also, to concern, sometimes I feel out of motivation, as actually have to first code and test the units, test them in my wesnoth (which all of this wouldn't be a problem at that all by itself) also, need of extra effort to port them to Ageless's Git. So would appreciate if a day anyone offers as volunter to port all my modifications to Git in any future ageless update.

Last step for completely porting my 4.28 is porting them to Git which is the only pending step to be done.

Appart of all this, this would be the proposals of change.

Every non EoMa modifications
Spoiler:
And on other topic, the slight modifications of Ageless Era's era of magic, to suit better for the better for non Era of Magic Factions.
Era of Magic have very powerful units that in any era of magic faction have their right counters to make them balanced
However, not all ageless factions have acess to specific counters for units that if not owning these counters, are blatantly too strong.

(Due 60.000 characters limit post, will have to upload a .txt with all EA's Era of Magic intervention to be more fair to most Ageless-Era's factions)
4.28 AE EoMa interventions.txt
(9.17 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

So , said all this, will proceed at uploading my changes to Ageless's Git to sucessfuly update to 4.28
(No idea how much I will take, but will start at 26th June which is tomorrow of when sent this message)

(if I had known in the begin had to do that much in too many aspects of the development, wouldn't have done a that long list of changes of rebalances in just one version, let's just say, let's try that and see what occurs in the end)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Not uploading, but pushing. https://rogerdudler.github.io/git-guide/ Look sections checkout a repository > add & commit > pushing changes.

As I said on discord, changes should be somehow grouped into commits, either by faction or some other criteria. I do not want to see 1 commit with hundreds of changed files about different topics.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.28

Post by Ravana »

Ageless Era 4.28 is out on the 1.16 add-on server Note that it will not fully work with 1.15.14.

Code: Select all

Version 4.28:
  * First version aimed for wesnoth 1.15.15+ (1.15.14 does not work)
  * There will be many deprecation messages. If it seems like they break anything, please report
  * Removed AE_ext_orcs_Orcish_Nightblade as Orcish Nightblade is in core
  * There is [resource] containing events Ageless relies on. It should be loaded in scenarios where user might not play with Ageless
Pagawan

Post by Pagawan »

Hi Ravana. Consider working with Mabuse to make Ageless RPG for the sxrpg maps. Currently doesn't work (gives a "xoss" error).
Otherwise keep up the good work ✌🏾
Loading Advertisement
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Pagawan wrote: December 6th, 2021, 10:00 am Hi Ravana. Consider working with Mabuse to make Ageless RPG for the sxrpg maps. Currently doesn't work (gives a "xoss" error).
Otherwise keep up the good work ✌🏾
Works for me. So you need to describe bit more what you mean. Tried 2 of the 5 maps.
Pagawan

Post by Pagawan »

Apologies for my presumptuous brevity :oops:
It works with single player, but if you attempt to play with 2 or more players they get kicked before the maps loads with the "tile error xoss".
You have to test it with multiplayer to see this.
Loading Advertisement
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

The bug is in the Wesnoth engine itself, #6285. Worryingly it looks like no-one's working on it, even though it should be high-priority for 1.16.2.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

octalot wrote: December 8th, 2021, 6:34 am The bug is in the Wesnoth engine itself, #6285. Worryingly it looks like no-one's working on it, even though it should be high-priority for 1.16.2.
Maybe assign the label "Blocker: New Stable"/"High Priority" to make the issue get attention? Or...pin it?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
ghype

Post by ghype »

Hello, I remarked an issues in unit line of the horned skeletons of mine.

Changed a melee attack that was supposed to be ranged.
Corrected image path as the ranged weapon portrait couldn't be found.
Attachments
Skeletal_Guard.cfg
(2.48 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Skeletal_Fortress.cfg
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
IPS

Post by IPS »

Btw, been a long while since the last time I've posted in here with something useful or interesting to say.

This is just for a pair of request and also a curious analysis I've done by myself about how loved is each faction in ageless and the frequency which each one has been repeated (default, EE and many other examples).

@ghype, let me know if you can port the changes I've once designed to be the balance changes I've planned and even coded (but did not port to git-hub) for ageless's 4.28 but now for 4.29 version.

@ravana, I personally think that could be combenient porting EoMa updates to AE after inferno8 finishes his rework on TLU (To Lands Uknown) campaign, it's a good momment and checkpoint to apply these new units and balance changes, that I highly trust because I've tested and even played since February of this year up today. People will like the lots of new units as well of some justice about certain rebalances in Era of Magic.

Also, the topic I was going to talk about, a curious observation about how repeated/frequency are many factions used in ageless (with variations, etc). Starting from default to more popular external to default factions. There is a future plan behind this and why such observation. This excludes almost any unique faction concept that hasn't yet been repeated.

This actual work, will not have any ressult in any upcoming possible version of 4.30, but just listing ideas for something bigger in a mid-lapse project in mind :eng: , even considering about desigining units and factions variations for stuff I would like to see (like OLD & Pre-modified EOM devlings with more lv0 concept but tagged as AE - Devlings instead)

Spoiler:
That curious analyisis can still be material of inspiration for any future faction and era inspired in already older existant factions, same as some of these factions were based from older ones.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

2.- Khalifate rework into Dunefolk rework happened much later after EE was abandoned by absent era creator, reason why there is not any existant variation of them somewhere in Ageless
I removed Khalifate after it become covered by default.