Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.27

Post by Ravana »

Ageless Era 4.27 is out on the 1.14 and 1.15 add-on server

Code: Select all

Version 4.27:
* Balance
    * Brungars, Nordhiris, Infernai, Ukians, Marauders, Orcs gladiators, Fanatics, Phantom, Luz, Equestrian, Holy Order, Sidhe, Fallen, Regis, RE Dwarves, Centaurs, Fallen, Horned Skeletons, Vikings, Dark Legion, Desert Elves, Deep Elves, Eltireans, Eventide, Free Saurians, Minotaurs, Arendians, Steelhive, Anakes, Lavianian Legion, Orcish Khagnates, Pygmies
    * Removed Um extra attack
* Other
    * Removed longshot from RE ballista
IPS

Post by IPS »

A list of some of very probably balance changes to ageless.
Spoiler:
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
ghype

Post by ghype »

IPS wrote: May 17th, 2020, 7:05 am - Will let Ghype decide what compensation will receive lv3 berserk viking at his downgraded fury.
I don't really mind anythign as long as it keeps both attacks as they are (one normal attack and one attack-only)
Just add some hp
Terbin

Post by Terbin »

good evening everyone - I was wondering if you wanted any help in fleshing out descriptions for units? i previously worked with Psychokittens on "blight", Infernai" and "hivebrood" (under the old username "Bik"). would love to finish what i started those years ago
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Contributions are welcome.
Terbin

Post by Terbin »

Ravana wrote: May 21st, 2020, 2:26 pm Contributions are welcome.
Sounds good. I will get working on it at some point. do you prefer it as a post on the forum, a text doc? etc.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Best would be pull request, second best if you download relevant unit files from https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Ageless-for-1-14 and upload your changed versions here.
christucker

Post by christucker »

How come the reign of the lords factions aren't in ageless? Isn't it easily among the awesomest and best-designed eras out there?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

It has around 3 recruitable units only. Not enough for 1 faction even.
IPS

Post by IPS »

So I think I have caught a enougly long list of changes for 4.28, there is a lot to do so I'm not going to overview more changes for this version and if I do I will save them somewhere to archieve to not forgive them for 4.29.

Forgot to mention in the list to apply the EOM (Era of Myths) update that with a direct conversation with Shiki we made some time ago.
And that anyone please rescue EOC - Summoners from unpickable factions because of a weird bug as EOM - Elementals missing in list was fixed!

Most important to mention at here, is that RE (Rashy Era) overview will be done for later as the list became a bit larger than expected even without that era, and that BEEM - Wood Warriors will receive a very generous lv2/lv3 buffing as they can't work at WC or very long single/multiplayer campaigns if not owning an insane amount of skill.

Most of the changes in this list are the same listed at the previous list (plus some lesser adjustments or new aditions to previously mentioned changes). At this point, I'm starting to code the changes and hopefull sending them to Ravana before 1st of August.

Few values could be modified from ones showed at this list if I find more convenient as of the new way. But this is a more accurate list of upcoming changes.

Spoiler:
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
HonzaCZ

Post by HonzaCZ »

era of magic is very overpowered
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Hey, the Dunefolk don't seem to work properly anymore in AE for 1.15 branch. I tried playing them in this era the other day and I couldn't recruit any units. Also, I got an error message about the Naga unit not being available.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Noted. 1.15 Ageless was released for 1.15.2, and some unit types have been removed since then.

1.15.5 will allow you recruit the units which still exist.
sioovaxx

Post by sioovaxx »

Hello, this is my little request. Could someone adapt the units from the era of magic to the rest of the units in the ageless era? Units such as the dark portal simply spoil the game. Basically every game with race from era of magic vs another era ends with winning the first one ...
IPS

Post by IPS »

sioovaxx wrote: September 26th, 2020, 8:42 pm Hello, this is my little request. Could someone adapt the units from the era of magic to the rest of the units in the ageless era? Units such as the dark portal simply spoil the game. Basically every game with race from era of magic vs another era ends with winning the first one ...
What if just Dark Portals get removed in AE - Destroyer's recruit list?

This would force at first at players using Destroyers in more normal ways and second, not bothering players at meeting such unit in unwanted situations. As I cannot balance that unit at all due of too many parameters.

Also, I plan to return somewhen in early 2021's, my apologies for dissapearing without any avise.