Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.25

Post by IPS »

Will work quickly on that, I don't want to delay too much next's ageless release.

Just adapted newest files with some of previous adjustments (like wanderer's fire resistances being nerfed , but instead of -10% --> -20% to a final value of -15%) , wanderers being no longer 60% defense and unwalkable and lv3 wanderers requiring 99 MP cost to move other there.

Basically , merged some older previous modifications of the previously sent file to the newest.
Spoiler:
Attachments
clockdarves + knagates final.rar
(48.3 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.25

Post by Ravana »

Will take this tomorrow.

There were some conflicts applying the changes, I guess you based it on released version, without your previous changes.

I will ignore clockwork/khagnate parts of https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.ph ... 59#p650659

https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... ee48e2dce2
https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... 9be2a2e174
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.26

Post by Ravana »

Ageless Era 4.26 is out on the 1.14 and 1.15 add-on server

Code: Select all

Version 4.26:
* Balance
    * Clockwork dwarves, Khagnates, Forest Keepers
* Bug Fixes
    * Reverted "Weapon special events check if special is active"
    * Union era dunefolk
* Other
    * Removed union era from units.wesnoth.org
IPS

Post by IPS »

Ravana wrote: January 26th, 2020, 12:20 am Will take this tomorrow.

There were some conflicts applying the changes, I guess you based it on released version, without your previous changes.

I will ignore clockwork/khagnate parts of https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.ph ... 59#p650659
Yep, the idea was considering the newest suggested changes and bypassing the previous one I realized it was conflicting with previous considerations sent even before...

so the one sent at January 13th was a combination of January 11th and October 7th that mentioned orcish knagates and dwarves clockwork. Because after sending January 11th I remembered something about an older one and yup, it was 7th october, so I fixed my own misstake 2 days later.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
IPS

Post by IPS »

I propose for end of february to march's 2nd week a chance to only implement part of the lots of pending suggested balance proposals.

It's pointless that I view more ideas of things that could be improved if there are suggestions that were sent various months ago that are still pending. So, I will start working on coding myself these suggested balance changes (as well as mentioning if some of these have to be manually implemented by a more code skilled dev)

Edit: viewed recently that certain changes suggested for 4.26 previously were implemented while not being mentioned in the patch notes. I might be careful at reviewing each individual case to ensure not overworking at already done implementations. Noticed this by viewing wolves/spiders buffs from EE monsters.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

There is https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... /issues/10 not sure if something there was included.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well, viewed a bit, some changes of 4.26(a) need to be implemented correctly as well as in Levinian Legion Auxilaries line can be slightly buffed in reaistances again (lowering fire/impact weaknesses). While implementing correctly proposed values because some of these were rightly implemented while other just un-modified. Just ensuring to update correctly as said to be.

Will view if somewhere else in older suggestion something is pending for implementation or if I can continue with new suggestions.

Viewed that as well actually Knagates Flail's is much stronger than expected because it's now stronger but cheaper (unwanted price because I've said a more expensive but notisable lv1 flails). As well warriors received both resistances and hatchet buffs, so they need to have larger XP for a more right balance and some other minor details.

Apart of reviewing some clockwork a bit, more in deep copter's resistances and fairness in overall as well a futurely anounced HP nerf at Armored Mechanic base HP because of being tankier and heals+8 than almost any healer.ç

Apart of other under view upcoming changes.

Edit: How factible is having a +Steadfast version that only applies in physical resistances? that would help balancing some units to not be that broken for certain game modes like RPG and others ... would be very handy to balance rightfully physical tanks as Siege archers and Propugnator at Levnian legion which naturally aren't resistant to fire/cold/arcane but with resistances upgrades they could become resistant and +steadfast.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Changes proposed for 4.27 , part A.
Basically a review of recently implemented changes, and some extras.

Also, it's important to highlight that theorically, there is my first new unit !! which is an advancemenet of Steel Hive lightshifter.
If possible pls edit that AMLA XP value from 86 to 100.
Spoiler:
Attachments
4.27 (a).rar
(192.2 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Steadfast can affect specific damage types.

> (Please help me at making this canine be 2 MP cost at swamp instead of 1 ...)
If they do not come from unit file or [base_unit], they come from movement_type, which is usually found in structure like https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... BEEM_units files.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Just comenting , that this contains only uncoded EOM balance feedbacks. Will list the proposed changes in spoiler tag.
Lack of some testing on there, but it's blatant at simple sight that some units had to be adjusted.
Spoiler:
IPS

Post by IPS »

This is Part B of sugested changes for AE 4.27, basically overviews pending EOS balance and a part of Imperial Era (bypassing Issaelf and Orcish Gladiators that themselves will take a lot of attention to adjust them but maintaining their factional essence... working only at orcish gladiator faction's rightful balance would consume more energy than the already reviewed and sent proposals of 4.27(b) themselves together LOL)

Certain changes list at here:
Spoiler:
Attachments
4.27 (b).rar
(150.41 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
IPS

Post by IPS »

3rd part of AE sugestions for 4.27 , this is the hardest job I've ever done... in which it includes:
- 1 new line for desert elves (dust faeries, which cast dust tornados which are impact magical, as they used to NOT have any counter of default's skeletons, and wanted to do something more original and well guided job to make the faction completely playable at least againist all default like factions... x1 lv1, x2 lv2, x1 lv3.
- A better balance/pricement for all desert elves faction within lv1 and lv3.
- Dark Legion's drones balance improvement and few other adjustments in that faction.
- Deep elves extense review !! which means, certain adjustments to make AE deep elves more variated and more complete.
- x1 new recruitable unit, the Wisp and just its lv1 advancement for now (too much work done, I have other stuff to work in AE aswell)
- Vengeance can now level up to 3 !! (but it's not ghost movement types as of other deep elves)
- Matiarch can now level up to 4 !! (In AE's version we mantain her original Impact attack type, at lv4 is 12-5 +Skilled ranged).
- Various adjustments to deep elves movement costs to make them smoother to use at frozen and few upgrades at other terrain types.
- Lidh's are now +Stard-dust at only their weakness range attack (for both advancements), but ones that has stardust at mele are now (50% marskman) on ranged being more notisable and useful while attacking (as compensation, they have improved magical resistances)

Note: I don't know if new units are actually completely functional, they COULD need a second hand to work as wanted.

This only c) part was really exhausting, I hope everything goes fine and would need to review after AE gets updated how viable are deep elves.
Spoiler:
Attachments
4.27 (c).rar
A somewhat extense list of changes, featuring the rework at AE - Deep elves, maintaining a new and fresh playstyle.
(156.83 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
IPS

Post by IPS »

This is the part d) of proposed balance changes for 4.27. Quick resume is this:
- RE's ships considerable buffs because their realism used to sacrifice too much their gameplay. Made them more comfortable at buying/to use (Extra health, +1 movement, slightly better ground movement costs, 40% ships have improved resistances because being the worst kind of RE's ships)
- More fair XP values (higher to be more balanced) for ELE's vikings and Centaurs which resulted to be considerably weaker than Horned Skeletons and Fallen.
- Horned Skeleton slight changes in almost any aspect, higher XP to level up, various damage reduction and lower cost efficiency in all units.
- Fallen severe nerf to +consume specials, specially the double attack one that could have up to 50% consume rate -_- ... higher XP tor Fallen, some miscelanous nerfs.
- Fair repricement for all unis in ELE era.

Detailed and exact list of changes
Spoiler:
Few things aren't yet coded by me, which in the long version and in the sent files are explained.
- Hidding Ballista's multi-hex range attack that actually is not working (hiding ingame instead of full removal)
- Decrease dwarvish spirit defenses as mentioned in the .txt.
- Making Centaur's holy be +20% damage againist undead instead of +50%, this precises of chanign directly the holy special.
Attachments
4.27 (d).rar
(135.52 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Bug in Eternal Era with the Fallen and the shadow-walk ability which is supposed to work only at night but works at twilight and day too.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Atreides wrote: April 4th, 2020, 12:22 am Bug in Eternal Era with the Fallen and the shadow-walk ability which is supposed to work only at night but works at twilight and day too.
Mentioned this to both Ghype (Author of ELE's Era) and Ravana, rest is upon them.

Quick Resume of changes
[/] Brungars: Lv0 student damage nerfs, and better pricing/balance on leveled up advancements. Lv1 Crab +2 HP as compensation of student nerfs.
[+] Nordhiris: Slight buffs to some units that were more ineficient than intended.
[-] Infernai: Nerfs and more fair repricing.
[/] Ukians: Lv2 healer stronger and now healing+6 instead of heal+4, Ice Seal buffs, dispersed nerfs and more fair +Lv2 pricements.
[-] Marauders: Various damage nerfs, Valkyrie now resistant to arcane instead of being weak to it, much better +Lv2 pricements.
[-] Orcs gladiators: Weaken strongest gladiators, buffed some underpowered ones, much better +Lv2 pricement.
[-] Fanatics: Only nerfed Mindless
[+] Phamtom: Improved by a lot the propposed changes from part A), appart of applying the -10% def reduction at various important type of tiles, a tons of considerations to make Phamtom be more dynamic and useful instead of just nerfed ones... Which now ends in buffed phantoms just with -10% defense at hills/forest/mushroom groves (except feather dancer and advancements). In overall, fixing various lacks in Phamtom gameplay.
[+] Luz: Lv1 Angel +4 HP and -1g cost.
[-] Equestrian: Paladin now Neutral Aligment
[-] Holy Order: Only nerfs to Inquisition and Tormentor because of being OP with their terror aura and no considerations.
[-]Pygmies: Lizards's defense are now 85% instead of 90% because of being dangerous even to lv1 fighters (can damage up to 20 hp if unlucky! and resulting in your unit being poisoned!)

Long list of changes and their explanation or reasons.
Spoiler:
Attachments
4.27 (e).rar
(374.66 KiB) Downloaded 399 times