Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.25

Post by Ravana »

Ageless Era 4.25 is out on the 1.14 and 1.15 (untested) add-on server

Code: Select all

Version 4.25:
* Balance
    * Menagerie, Primevalists, Ukians, Hive, Oracles
    * Despair, Phantoms, Chaos, Welkin, Sylvans, Forest Keepers, Thelians, Mercenaries
    * South-Seas, Northern Orcs, EoC Summoners, Quenoth Elves, Avians, Infernai, Fanatics, Slavers
    * Centaur Fighter, Fallen Fighter, EE Dragons weakened
* Bug Fixes
    * Weapon special events check if special is active
    * Arcane Aura does not affect its owner
    * ELE Banner is not cumulative
* Graphics
    * New images for Galleys and Ethereal Orb line
* Other
    * This is first version which is also for 1.15
    * Removed units which have max level less than 2 from rpg random leader
IPS

Post by IPS »

Ravana, there is a grave bug I made with codes with Centinel of moon, it must be fixed soon. I'm viewing other changes to see if there aren't other kind of misstakes like this one.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
IPS

Post by IPS »

General overview: All changes were sucesfully implemented (except that some terrain_movement_costs changes are not doing the expected/wanted in tiles like swamp). And the failure of mine at making Welking Centinel be -17% pierce/blade resistance instead of +17% (while defending that's -17% resistance vs +34%) which can be considered somewhat grave.

Actually working on certain balancing on other units like:

EE - Monsters
- EE spiders (will now be 40% forest defense instead of 30%)
- Lv1 Wolves will be slightly stronger (+4 hp at lv1)
- Lv2 wolves (+2 hp at and +1 mele damage (5-4 ---> 6-4) and +aimed (50% version of marskman) )
- Lv3 Wolves (+3 hp , +1 movement and +aimed (50% version of marskman) )
- Sneaky Tentacle's cold resistance 60% --> 40% because of being an unit adquired for lossing a lv2 cuttlefish.

Want to see how goes the wolves buffs test. Making lv1 wolves more considerable at being less cost ineficient AND making lv2/lv3 wolves have bonus CTH (chance to hit) making wolves a more viable choice for this faction (and as compesation of dragon's having no longer marksman on ranged).

Sending balanace notes 4.26 (a) soon. Viewing what are the exact things I want to modify.

Another issue: Is me, or I can't find EOC - Summoners factions any longer? but at least I can find EOM - Elementals again!
Last edited by IPS on October 6th, 2019, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

50% different stat change is not huge issue. Some units have had 10x higher stats for a release.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Here are some quick list of adjustments to 5 factions.

Factions reviewed:
- EE - Monsters, various buffs
- Lavignian legion: certain damage nerfs at stronger units, cold/arcane resistance to auxiliaries
- Orcish Knagates buffs
- Clockwork Dwarves buffs, steam soldier ranged damage nerfs.
- Enchanters, minor adjustments to certain units.
Spoiler:
Attachments
AE 4.26 (a).rar
Part A of balance changes for ageless 4.26
(234.91 KiB) Downloaded 467 times
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Shiki did some restructuring of those factions, not sure about specifics.
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

… which is about the Dragon line of EE-Monsters.

They were very popular for RPG games because they are overpowered.
The recruitable Wingless Dragon is, depending on how you look at it, a L2 or L3 unit for not too much gold.
- gives battle experience like a L2 one to the enemy
- has Leadership like a L2 unit
- pays upkeep like a L3 one
- has 6 MP — more than most units
- has 50 hitpoints — a value which could be L2 or L3
- has damage potential of 26 damage in melee and in ranged 36 damage
- has the recruitment price of 2 L1 units (compared to the other in the faction)
- has some negative and positive resists, which aren't bad actually. Drakish resists, but apparently someone was unhappy about the ultimate coldness weakness of drakes and lowered it O_O

And this unit fight's usually against Level 1 enemies.

I'd try to compare it to mainline drakes — it's the Drake Flare's leadership, HP and melee + the Fire Drake's ranged + a little bit more in a few details.
Try out the dark board theme.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Shiki wrote: October 10th, 2019, 5:03 pm … which is about the Dragon line of EE-Monsters.

They were very popular for RPG games because they are overpowered.
The recruitable Wingless Dragon is, depending on how you look at it, a L2 or L3 unit for not too much gold.
- gives battle experience like a L2 one to the enemy
- has Leadership like a L2 unit
- pays upkeep like a L3 one
- has 6 MP — more than most units
- has 50 hitpoints — a value which could be L2 or L3
- has damage potential of 26 damage in melee and in ranged 36 damage
- has the recruitment price of 2 L1 units (compared to the other in the faction)
- has some negative and positive resists, which aren't bad actually. Drakish resists, but apparently someone was unhappy about the ultimate coldness weakness of drakes and lowered it O_O

And this unit fight's usually against Level 1 enemies.

I'd try to compare it to mainline drakes — it's the Drake Flare's leadership, HP and melee + the Fire Drake's ranged + a little bit more in a few details.
In that case, the wingless dragon should be absolutely removed from RPG era because of early lv2 advantage. Same as many lv2 units that have no reason to be on there. Ye, in afterlife I've seen how in certain circunstances the player facing againist them has no chance because of the absurd early damage +marskman they used to have.

Stats of wingless dragon are in the margin of acceptable, but, the costs can be increased in order to prevent abuse.

Cold resist increase? I have no real idea that did happen. I see no problem in seing it getting back to -50% cold resist, afterall, it's unwanted the dragon spam in any kind of gamemode. Or in any other case -50%/-40%/-30% for lv2/lv3/lv4 , but don't know.

If I had nerfed the dragons in my own hands, I would have lowered both damage and cth (by changing marksman to only +Aimed) to ensure a general damage decrease. And ye, dragons used to cause struggle in RPG and in certain competetivive modes. But the complete removal of +Marksman seems a proposal that has to be seen how it goes. In any other case if XP ends being a problem, can be increased to difficult the adquisition of a lv4 dragon.

If ppl needs tankyness better go for the underrated firewisps that are bulky/tanky ranged attackers which have decent mele. People usually get bad ressults because that monster faction units have very different roles than default like units; like that tankiest build are based of both fire wisps and lv2 muds for orocian gameplay.

Just that wolves have a serious problem of underpowered.

I edit this post to publicate the 4.26 (B).rar to then do the following changes of patch notes 4.23 that I've mentioned long ago.

Edit notes:
- AE - Steelhive: Lv2 and Lv3 Slasher slight nerfs, Lightshifter pretending to be a more normal lv0 unit atm, removed 200 lines of unwanted codes in lightshifters.
GENERAL EOM overview, ask permison to do certain changes on here to various factions.
- EOM - Devligns: Important rebalancing, noticed things that were really wrong here.
- EOM - Vampires: Slight buffs to some units, -1 damage to flesh artisan's ranged and -1 mele damage to malborn.
- EOM - Elementals: Some adjusatments, earth golem can not be any longer 60% defense because of absurdly good resistances, other changes.
- EOM - Wargs: Certain buffs to underpowered units, slight nerf damage to Fennir sword damage (-1 dmg per strike).
Improved tons of pricement for more fairness.

Warning: A lots of swamp defense/movement costs that aren't being aplicated rightfully are getting acumulating. This means, that stuff like Ukian's dog's swamp movement is wanted to be of 3 MP cost, but it's only being 1 MP cost... and various things that includes SWAMP TERRAIN aren't being implemented as wanted !!
Spoiler:
Attachments
AE 4.26 (B).rar
(112.13 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I committed the A and B changes.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Fix for 1.15.2 coming this weekend. Balance changes will not be included.

Uploaded.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

IPS wrote: October 6th, 2019, 5:51 pm And the failure of mine at making Welking Centinel be -17% pierce/blade resistance instead of +17% (while defending that's -17% resistance vs +34%) which can be considered somewhat grave.
Is there reason why levels 1 and 3 have 20%, and 2 is supposed to have 17%?
IPS

Post by IPS »

Ravana wrote: November 7th, 2019, 5:18 pm
IPS wrote: October 6th, 2019, 5:51 pm And the failure of mine at making Welking Centinel be -17% pierce/blade resistance instead of +17% (while defending that's -17% resistance vs +34%) which can be considered somewhat grave.
Is there reason why levels 1 and 3 have 20%, and 2 is supposed to have 17%?
My bad for the late reply, reason is steadfast, being 34% while defending because 40% seems too much to me for a lv2 without defense handicaps.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Planning release around new year. Is there something to add/remove in "Random Balanced" list?
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Bug Report! In 1.15.2, The Dunefolk no longer work properly. I get the attached error message and am unable to recruit any of the Dunefolk units.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 10.29.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 10.29.44 AM.png (45.11 KiB) Viewed 5536 times
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Which version of Ageless are you using, and which other add-ons? There seems to be no mention of the Dune Piercer in Ageless, it would have come from mainline itself (and in 1.15 there's been a rework of the Dunefolk).