Galactic Empires (Wesnoth in Space)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Argothair

Re: Galactic Empires (Wesnoth in Space)

Post by Argothair »

Computer_Player wrote: January 28th, 2023, 11:21 am
Argothair wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 7:12 am That said, I still think it would be much more interesting to have a colony ship that is expensive and/or consumed by the effort to set up a new HQ on an uninhabited world.
I disagree with this as it would slow the game down a lot unnecessarily.
Can you say more about how or why it would slow the game down? Players could start with more total gold to cover the average cost of a few colony ships, and there would only be one more option in the 'recruit' menu for players to look at. My goal isn't to make the game slower; it's to even out the swingyness that comes from sometimes being able to grab a free planet with a single worker, and sometimes needing to send multiple soldiers to pry it out of your opponent's cold, dead HQ. I think it's weird and unfair that sometimes you have to put in much more work for the exact same result.
Computer_Player wrote: January 28th, 2023, 11:21 am
Argothair wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 7:12 am I think the steelhive faction is too weak.
I think we need more games to test this out, although I am leaning on a slight buff to occulus and infector (I think this ship has potential in the dwartha match up for example) should be enough. Drones are 23 g, which is 1 g cheaper than aphid and have a good dmg spread of 9-2 with good terrain defence. I used to think drones needed something, but once I got used to the idea that they were even more expendable than aphid / scout, they are pretty strong for their price point.
More games are always useful. Hopefully you and I can play one someday. In the meantime, I have trouble seeing how a 23 gp unit -- almost a quarter of your starting gold -- can be considered expendable. Orcish Grunts are expendable; they also have a 9-2 attack, but they only cost 12 gp. At 38 HP, Grunts are also noticeably sturdy, whereas I don't see Drones as having above-average hit points for a basic warship.
Computer_Player wrote: January 28th, 2023, 11:21 am Finally, I hope I am not spamming as I attach a couple of replays and an observation again. The first is a game with Calandryl on Eta Quadrant- pretty standard game with a double starting antimatter ship from Dwartha (me) vs Terran (Calandryl) - game took a decisive turn when his flagship got trapped and was destroyed. Of note is that terraform is bad on snowy and lava intensive planets as they keep hitting those first delaying the payoff of the tech.
People keep downloading them, so I guess they're useful!
Computer_Player wrote: January 28th, 2023, 11:21 am Anyhow, cheers!
Cheers. :-)
Argothair

Post by Argothair »

Last night I finished a full survival scenario on Normal, with Terrans, Iildari, and Vendeeni. I had fun, and the map is well-balanced, but the 'survival' elements felt pretty light to me compared to A New Land. I mostly felt like I was playing a generic 3 humans vs. 3 AI matchup that happened to have a space station in the middle. The space station doesn't heal my units or let me build units or give me income or do anything, really, other than possibly get destroyed and lose me the game -- but if the AI invaders get close enough to my home planets to be seriously attacking the space station, then that probably means they've already won all of the important battles and the game is effectively over anyway.

By contrast, in A New Land the zombies are constantly threatening to step on and destroy your farms, villages, and so on. You care a lot exactly how far they advance because it affects how much territory you can farm, where you can lay your defensive lines, and so on. It's often worth while to find ways to slow the enemy down, because your economy grows exponentially; you can do research to improve the effectiveness of your farms and mines, and getting more farms and mines into operation has a big up-front cost that takes several turns to pay for itself.

In Galactic Empires Survival, though, it doesn't seem to matter exactly where the enemy is most of the time. They do not seem to target the Arch Angel space station that I'm protecting with any special urgency; instead they just generally try to send transports full of soldiers to my planets. I start with 2 transports per team, which is really all I need; I can build soldiers for free and gradually export them to whichever planets I think I can defend. If I'm wrong about my ability to defend a planet, all I lose is the soldiers and the opportunity cost of colonizing somewhere else; I don't actually see my gold total decrease the way I would in A New Land.

I also miss some of the 'bonus' features from A New Land like the friendly drakes and eagles that are imprisoned by slowly healing poisonous spiders, or the minor bosses that you can clear out of your way as you expand, or the mushroom farm caves that you can target to decrease the enemy's income, or the way enemy waves automatically get stronger and larger as the game continues. In Galactic Empires Survival, the enemy will eventually gain the ability to recruit proper warships instead of scout ships, and will eventually start putting some tech upgrades on them, but that change doesn't feel nearly as dramatic to me as the change from level 0 Walking Dead to level 2 Chocobones. Besides, in GE the main rush happens right up front -- the enemies spend their entire 100 starting gold on 5 scout ships and send them after you immediately. If you defeat those, then there will never be another threat that's equally dangerous for the rest of the game; the upgraded ships will trickle in one and two at a time and wait for you to pick them off.

Finally, there is a kind of creeping tendency for more and more of the features of the game to become irrelevant as I approach the final turn. This is an issue that affects both Galactic Empires Survival and A New Land. For example, if I'm trying to get the bonus victory by destroying the invaders' homeworlds, then starting on turn 18 or so out of a 20 turn game, I don't need to buy any more ships -- new ships can't travel fast enough to reach enemy homeworlds before the game ends, even with turbochargers and launch pads. Similarly, if a ship on turn 18 is worthless, then gaining extra food on turn 16 or so is worthless, because the food won't turn into a worker quickly enough to get me any gold in time for me to spend it on something useful. But if extra food on turn 16 is worthless, then delivering soldiers to a world on turn 14 is worthless, because the soldiers can't conquer the enemy HQ in time to get food in time to get gold in time to build ships in time to reach the homeworld. But if delivering soldiers on turn 14 is worthless, then building soldiers on turn 12 is worthless, because the soldiers can't arrive at an enemy planet fast enough to make themselves useful. That in turn makes a barracks built on turn 10 pretty useless, because it's not going to give you an extra soldier until it's too late to make any practical difference. But that means if you're building scientists to get more research points to invent the upgrades needed for a barracks, then you have to do so before turn 8 or so. It's not a fatal flaw, it just means that the game is most interesting in the first few turns as you figure out how you want to organize and start your engine, and then for the rest of the game you mostly just run the engine as efficiently as you can. I'm not sure how to address this issue, but I'm open to ideas!
Attachments
123p - GE Survival replay 20230130-214014.gz
(128.8 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Last edited by Argothair on January 31st, 2023, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argothair

Post by Argothair »

One more thought on balance, about the Vendeeni -- they don't seem to have a reasonable way of doing heavy damage to enemy HQs. The Iildari Trooper does decent damage using heat, and can upgrade to the electric attacks of the Iildari Exterminator, which are brutal against HQs. The Terran Soldier does impact damage, which is fine, and upgrades to electric attacks as the Terran Grenadier; by day those do 22 damage in one attack, which is amazing. The Terran Scientists also get explosive attacks, which are also useful vs. HQs.

By contrast, the Vendeeni Fighter, Drone, and Diviner do only blade damage and psionic damage, both of which are very weak against HQs. Even when upgraded, the Fighter line still at best does heat damage, which is weak against HQs. The Sliverer has a powerful electric tail attack, but you have to research up to HQ upgrade level 3 and buy an expensive Genetics Lab just to start producing them. By the time you have that many Research Points to spend, it's likely that your homeworld will be somewhat tired (requiring a large amount of food to generate each new unit). By the time I can research the upgrade, install the upgrade, build the new units, and deliver them to enemy planets, the game will often be mostly over.

Do the Vendeeni have some advantage that helps compensate them for this weakness?
Argothair

Post by Argothair »

On an unrelated topic, I notice that I usually feel pretty safe hanging out around enemy planets -- even if they have defensive measures installed, those only affect me if I choose to attack the planet. Even if there are defensive measures, they don't do much damage to a Level 2 or 3 heavy cruiser; you can send a Servicer or something like that along to provide incidental healing and then hammer away at a shielded planet for as long as you like.

In some ways this is realistic; part of the problem with being at the bottom of a gravity well is that you have very limited ability to affect what happens in high orbit. In other ways this is disappointing; I want to recreate scenes like the Battle of Endor where you have to disable the planetary shield generator with marines before you can effectively bombard the planet, or where you have to use orbiting bombers to shell the enemy bunkers before you can hope to make a successful land invasion. I don't want to add too much complexity, but one more way of having the land battles and space battles interact with each other beyond just blockading or exploding a planet would be an interesting addition.
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Hi Argothair. Thanks for your continued interest in this mod. Some responses to your various posts...
Argothair wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 7:12 am Overall, obviously the new features make the game much better; the chance of running into neutral aliens on uninhabited worlds means you can't just guarantee that you'll take and hold a world with a single worker or even a single soldier, so that reduces the power of the 'hit and run' tactics I complained about two years ago, where you drop a unit on a world to claim it, then immediately pick it back up and carry it to the next world without pausing. That said, I still think it would be much more interesting to have a colony ship that is expensive and/or consumed by the effort to set up a new HQ on an uninhabited world. In other words, "freighters" and "colony ships" should be two different unit types. Hauling a single worker across the galaxy should be relatively cheap compared to hauling an entire suite of terraforming gear, housing materials, machine tools, and everything else you need to start a brand new colony.
The addition of colony ships would be a massive change that I'm not sure is necessary (even if I had enough extra unit sprites to use). The ease of colonising planets isn't realistic, but none of it is. I also think it would slow the game down, and GE takes long enough as it is. The aliens are not a new addition, but I'm glad they go some way in remedying this. Maybe the solution is to make invasions more effective? This is something I have been aiming for anyway. Some ideas: a) damaged HQs are unable to produce citizens, thus preventing new soldiers suddenly turning up in the middle of an invasion, b) lower HQ hitpoints from 40 to 30, just to make it easier to capture the damn things, c) improve soldier stats even more?
Argothair wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 7:12 am The AI is much more interesting to play against; they at least sometimes build new offensive units and attack me. However, I noticed that the AI in the survival game pretty much shut down and rested in place after about turn 9 or so. This was also when I saved and reloaded the game. Is it possible that the AI's behavior has a bug that makes it go passive when you load a saved game?
Thanks for reporting this, hopefully mattsc can look into this issue.
Argothair wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 7:12 am Finally, I think the steelhive faction is too weak. Their ships' special abilities just aren't powerful enough to make up for their weak combat stats. I agree with Computer_Player that the virus unit is too expensive, the oculus isn't getting enough free HP to make up for its weaker attacks, and in general having a Level 1 fighter ship that only deals damage at one distance and only gets 2 attacks is just debilitating. The probes are worse than all the other Level 1 ships in this era and I don't understand what the steelhive is supposed to be getting to make up for that.
I agree the Steelhive are too weak and I plan to address this. However, before I do that I'd like to point out a few things that the faction has going for it. The units are cheap and agile and grant players a good field of vision, which should count for something. In addition, the higher-level Steelhive ships get better at a steeper rate than the other factions, so tech is important. The hitpoints and damage of their ships start low, but end up better than or comparable to others (for instance, the Oculus line ends in a lvl3 Boltstriker with 59hp which is up there with most of the other fighters). Perhaps this advantage is the wrong way to go in a game where level 3 ships are a late-game novelty, but again it should count for something. That said, I propose giving the entire Steelhive fleet +30% heat resistance (put it down to the special steel they use, or the lack of organic pilots). This should protect them somewhat from most scouts and take the edge off the Vendeeni broadside. I'll also give them a few tiny buffs and see how it pans out.
Argothair wrote: January 31st, 2023, 4:00 pm One more thought on balance, about the Vendeeni -- they don't seem to have a reasonable way of doing heavy damage to enemy HQs.
Do the Vendeeni have some advantage that helps compensate them for this weakness?
The Vendeeni have some great fighters, and they are generally geared towards ground invasion. The lvl1 warrior has an electric powerfist for the purposes of fighting robots and smashing HQs. Is that not enough?
Argothair wrote: January 31st, 2023, 3:06 pm Last night I finished a full survival scenario on Normal, with Terrans, Iildari, and Vendeeni. I had fun, and the map is well-balanced, but the 'survival' elements felt pretty light to me compared to A New Land.
Most survivals aren't like A New Land, but I take your point. It would be fun to add some more extra features to the GE survival map. Having special units to rescue might be the way to go, though I may remove the space station entirely.
Argothair wrote: January 31st, 2023, 3:06 pm There is a kind of creeping tendency for more and more of the features of the game to become irrelevant as I approach the final turn.
An interesting point. I'm not sure what to do about this - or even if it is a much of a problem. Have you considered building a spacedock nearer to the enemy homeworld? Or using those extra workers back home to supply a trade hub for extra gold for more ships? And don't forget that research points are converted into gold when all tech is researched.
Argothair wrote: January 31st, 2023, 10:30 pm I want to recreate scenes like the Battle of Endor where you have to disable the planetary shield generator with marines before you can effectively bombard the planet, or where you have to use orbiting bombers to shell the enemy bunkers before you can hope to make a successful land invasion. I don't want to add too much complexity, but one more way of having the land battles and space battles interact with each other beyond just blockading or exploding a planet would be an interesting addition.
I like this idea, but I wonder if what you're really imagining is a campaign mode - with scenarios switching between action on the ground and battles in space. That would be great! And I'd be happy to help out if somebody else wants to make it... :) Perhaps a simple way of achieving something like this would be to give bomber ships a bombard ability which can weaken randomly chosen planet-side units, to soften them up. This would provide another link between the two arenas, and it would also help with the above problem of making it easier and quicker to launch invasions. Further ideas welcome.
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Argothair

Post by Argothair »

Bob_The_Mighty wrote: February 1st, 2023, 2:37 am Maybe the solution is to make invasions more effective? This is something I have been aiming for anyway. Some ideas: a) damaged HQs are unable to produce citizens, thus preventing new soldiers suddenly turning up in the middle of an invasion, b) lower HQ hitpoints from 40 to 30, just to make it easier to capture the damn things, c) improve soldier stats even more?
My vote would be for (b). I like producing citizens at damaged HQs; it's exciting to try to finish off an HQ before it trains more soldiers, or to try to stall an invader long enough for my own HQ to generate reinforcements. Since soldiers never directly fight ships, if the soldier stats are working right now then there's no need to inflate them just to make it easier to fight HQs; it's far simpler to just change the HQ's HP total.
That said, I propose giving the entire Steelhive fleet +30% heat resistance (put it down to the special steel they use, or the lack of organic pilots). This should protect them somewhat from most scouts and take the edge off the Vendeeni broadside. I'll also give them a few tiny buffs and see how it pans out.
That sounds good to me!
Bob_The_Mighty wrote: February 1st, 2023, 2:37 am
Argothair wrote: January 31st, 2023, 4:00 pm One more thought on balance, about the Vendeeni -- they don't seem to have a reasonable way of doing heavy damage to enemy HQs.
The Vendeeni have some great fighters, and they are generally geared towards ground invasion. The lvl1 warrior has an electric powerfist for the purposes of fighting robots and smashing HQs. Is that not enough?
Yes, the Warrior's electric fist is good enough; sorry I missed that. Part of why I missed it is that I think by default the Level 0 Vendeeni warrior levels into the feeding slasher with only melee attacks. Maybe it should change into the mixed-purpose warrior by default, instead?
Argothair wrote: January 31st, 2023, 3:06 pm Last night I finished a full survival scenario on Normal, with Terrans, Iildari, and Vendeeni. I had fun, and the map is well-balanced, but the 'survival' elements felt pretty light to me compared to A New Land.
Most survivals aren't like A New Land, but I take your point. It would be fun to add some more extra features to the GE survival map. Having special units to rescue might be the way to go, though I may remove the space station entirely.
I dunno, I *like* having the space station; it's very themey. I just think it should also do something mechanically. Can it heal friendly adjacent spaceships? Can it fire on enemy adjacent spaceships?
Argothair wrote: January 31st, 2023, 3:06 pm There is a kind of creeping tendency for more and more of the features of the game to become irrelevant as I approach the final turn.
An interesting point. I'm not sure what to do about this - or even if it is a much of a problem. Have you considered building a spacedock nearer to the enemy homeworld? Or using those extra workers back home to supply a trade hub for extra gold for more ships? And don't forget that research points are converted into gold when all tech is researched.
Yes, those are all options. It's not hopeless and it's not a big problem; it just startled me, so I thought I would point it out.
Argothair wrote: January 31st, 2023, 10:30 pm I want to recreate scenes like the Battle of Endor where you have to disable the planetary shield generator with marines before you can effectively bombard the planet, or where you have to use orbiting bombers to shell the enemy bunkers before you can hope to make a successful land invasion. I don't want to add too much complexity, but one more way of having the land battles and space battles interact with each other beyond just blockading or exploding a planet would be an interesting addition.
I like this idea, but I wonder if what you're really imagining is a campaign mode - with scenarios switching between action on the ground and battles in space. That would be great! And I'd be happy to help out if somebody else wants to make it... :) Perhaps a simple way of achieving something like this would be to give bomber ships a bombard ability which can weaken randomly chosen planet-side units, to soften them up. This would provide another link between the two arenas, and it would also help with the above problem of making it easier and quicker to launch invasions. Further ideas welcome.
Hahaha, you're probably right. Now that you mention it, I suppose I am talking about a campaign. Well, perhaps I'll build one someday, or at least start it. In the meantime, yes, I think a bombard ability for that weakens randomly chosen planet-side units would be perfect. [chef's kiss]

Thanks again for the detailed engagement with my posts and for continuing to refine your excellent era! I've been having a lot of fun with it.
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Post by mattsc »

Hey All -- Bob made me aware of a couple issues with the GE-AI setup. I believe that both of them can be worked around, but I am not aware of any automatic fixes. I'm a bit rusty though (there's an "inactive" below my name for a reason), so if somebody knows how to deal with them by default, please let me know.

1. Having the GE-AI take over when an opponent leaves: I believe that this does already happen, but ONLY if the GE-AI modification was activated when the game was started. I also believe that it is not possible to have it take over otherwise, since the code needed for it is not present in the game config otherwise.

2. The GE-AI is idle if a game is reloaded after Wesnoth was restarted: This happens, similarly to the previous point, when the GE-AI modification is not activated (which is the reason why this is only an issue when Wesnoth was shut down in the meantime). The only way I am aware of how to accomplish this is to first start a new GE game with the GE-AI modification active. If you do that first (just start the game, you don't actually have to play it), then reload the saved game, this activates the modification code and the AI should work again.

I might be wrong about any or all of this, so let me know if these don't work or if there is something that can be changed in the AI setup to make these things work automatically.
Computer_Player
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Computer_Player »

Attached is a 3 Player FFA involving steelhive. Of note is that the Empire Surrender option ends the game, and that Steelhive have trouble going toe to toe with other level 3s (particularly in terms of the health they have which can be quickly burned through by units with broadside a level below them).

GG.
Attachments
3p - GE Zeta Quadrant FFA replay 20230202-021215.gz
(115.9 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
name

Post by name »

Bob_The_Mighty wrote: February 1st, 2023, 2:37 am Perhaps a simple way of achieving something like this would be to give bomber ships a bombard ability which can weaken randomly chosen planet-side units, to soften them up. This would provide another link between the two arenas, and it would also help with the above problem of making it easier and quicker to launch invasions. Further ideas welcome.
I highly fancy this idea. There is something just like it in the latest version of your THS franchise. The way it works is each time a boat (or planet in this case) takes a hit, everyone standing inside a randomly selected area of its surface takes damage (which can be fatal for any of them who are too weak). And if no one is standing inside that area then no one is injured, which results in diminishing returns as the surviving population gets smaller and smaller. So you still need to send over some troops to finish off the stragglers if you wish to capture it.

Another of your THS mechanics that might really help the space-planet interplay is to have the planetary defense missile/laser/shield bases exist as planetside terrain tiles that have to be occupied by scientists to function. So the more missile bases that have scientists on them, the more firepower the planet can shoot at orbiting battleships. Alternatively, you could simply use the raw scientist count on a planet to determine its attack power, never mind having specific bases.

I think this would allow strategies and situations like Argothair described. You beam down a small strike team to neutralize the planet's scientists or bases, leaving the world vulnerable to orbital bombardment. With their mission accomplished, you beam them back and bombard the planet's surface over several turns to injure and kill much of the defending population, before deploying a final invasion force or just pulverizing the planet.

This could also help give scientists a more unique role to play after the tech tree is complete. And more depth to your force recruiting and deployment, since deploying more soldiers on a world better protects it from invasion while deploying more scientists better protects it from bombardment.

Also, why not allow planets to actively attack enemy ships in orbit around them? That would further reward deploying ground forces since transports can break orbit as soon as they drop their soldiers, whereas battleships have to remain there after attacking.

I hope we are not overwhelming you with all this feedback. It is an unfortunate side effect of your games being this much fun. :)
mattsc wrote: February 1st, 2023, 4:11 am The only way I am aware of how to accomplish this is to first start a new GE game with the GE-AI modification active. If you do that first (just start the game, you don't actually have to play it), then reload the saved game, this activates the modification code and the AI should work again.
Wow, that fixes it. Big thanks!
dwarftough wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 12:51 am
name wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 7:30 pm Makes me curious what your science fiction take on the drakes faction would look like.
Vendeeni?
Are the Vendeeni not Orcs?
Argothair

Post by Argothair »

name wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 10:37 pm Another of your THS mechanics that might really help the space-planet interplay is to have the planetary defense missile/laser/shield bases exist as planetside terrain tiles that have to be occupied by scientists to function. So the more missile bases that have scientists on them, the more firepower the planet can shoot at orbiting battleships.

Also, why not allow planets to actively attack enemy ships in orbit around them? That would further reward deploying ground forces since transports can break orbit as soon as they drop their soldiers, whereas battleships have to remain there after attacking.
I love these ideas! That would be amazing.
name wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 10:37 pm I hope we are not overwhelming you with all this feedback. It is an unfortunate side effect of your games being this much fun. :)
Agreed. :-)
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Some great ideas here, definitely worth thinking about. In the meantime, I decided to run some tests. I ran several AI v AI games to pit some of the factions against each other. Here are the results:
Spoiler:
What does this tell us?

1. The GE AI seems to prefer invading than destroying which is interesting (but I didn't start noting how the game ended until the second batch).
2. The Vendeeni won 14 out of 18 games. Are they overpowered or is it just that the AI playstyle is best suited to their simple brute strength?
3. Given that the AI struggles to make efficient use of poison and healing perhaps it's no surprise that the Terrans and Steelhive fared less well.
4. However, despite all the feedback suggesting they are too squishy, Steelhive managed to win half their games against the Terrans.
5. There doesn't seem to be a first-player advantage on the Ion Nova map, but the Terrans only won in the Eta Quadrant when they were P1.
6. Steelhive games tend to last longer than other matches, possibly because of their cheap unit spam.
7. Finally, perhaps it just shows that I have too much time to kill.
My current projects:
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Anyway, there's a new version of GE on the add-ons server now: 4.7. Steelhive have had several inevitable buffs, and Vendeeni have been nerfed a bit. Plus there's a couple of general tweaks and minor bug fixes. Much of this was based directly on the feedback here so keep it coming.

Here's the complete list of changes in 4.7
Spoiler:
I've also introduced a new 'bombard' ability for bomber class ships. Each hit on a planet will strike two random hexes on the planet's surface: any units on those hexes will suffer half damage. These units are injured, but not killed (to prevent problems with uncaptured HQs). I've only given this ability to pure bombers (so only Terran and Iildari get it at lvl1), but I could be convinced otherwise. This is intended to help landing parties by softening up the defences before an invasion.
My current projects:
Computer_Player
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Computer_Player »

Thanks for the update! I forgot to comment about the HQ decrease but now that its in prod we'll see how it goes. I was going to object to it since it would mean slowing the game in order to guarantee colonization in planets with aliens (HQs barely survive in previous 40 HP settings).

Other than that I am excited to test out the new changes - the guy who said Drones felt like WCs must feel like they were holding a monkey paw now hahaha.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Nice updates! Quite decisive steps with Vendeeni and Steelhive, but that's actually good, better than half-tweaking stuff. We should see how it goes!

The bomber ability is also definitely interesting, although I wonder if it just allows few bombers to disrupt the economy so you can overrun in the spaceship battle, without invasions. Just thoughts though, need to see how it works in action
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Btw, a bug: a Braineater drained Steelhive's (dunno about other races) HQ
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II