The Era of Strife

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lizard

Re: The Era of Strife

Post by Lizard »

I'm happy to see anything involving the Saurians to be reused.

It's always interesting to see this picked up after more than a decade :-)
~ I'll heal you by 4 hp if you post next to me ~
Have a look at the Era of Strife, featuring Eltireans, Eventide, Minotaurs, Saurians and Triththa
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Lizard wrote: July 9th, 2013, 5:31 pm My (Saurian Faction) motivation it is definitely dead. I haven't even played Wesnoth since over a year.
I look back to it as something nice I did as a 14-16 year old. Thanks for the interest, though :D .
I already used some saurians and the whole minotaurs (the hidden war triology) before realising that there is a thread about the era
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

It's not exactly recent, so no wonder it doesn't come up. I'm happy that parts are still being kept alive in other extensions :-)
Have a look at the Era of Strife, featuring Eltireans, Eventide, Minotaurs, Saurians and Triththa
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Lizard wrote: November 25th, 2022, 2:26 pm It's not exactly recent, so no wonder it doesn't come up. I'm happy that parts are still being kept alive in other extensions :-)
Can you give me an opinion about the Minotaur lore viewtopic.php?p=675133#p675133?
also, do you have (had, encounter ...) any good portraits for them?
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

No, sorry. I have an absolutely no memory myself and can only find what is publicly available.

I think we basically had one person drawing the Minotaurs but I can't remember if they drew any portraits.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Lizard wrote: November 25th, 2022, 3:36 pm No, sorry. I have an absolutely no memory myself and can only find what is publicly available.

I think we basically had one person drawing the Minotaurs but I can't remember if they drew any portraits.
Ok :/ and, about the Minotaur thread? Any suggestions or ideas?
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Short answer: yes.

Long answers:
Speaking as the author of Triththa: You're absolutely welcome to use anything I made.

Speaking as the inactive maintainer of the era: You're welcome to use anything, but if any of it is still in active use anywhere, I would like to ask you to coordinate with the authors/other users to prevent conflicts and confusion.

Speaking as an inactive dev: That's why it's all licensed GPL or the like anyway.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

AI wrote: November 28th, 2022, 8:38 am Short answer: yes.

Long answers:
Speaking as the author of Triththa: You're absolutely welcome to use anything I made.

Speaking as the inactive maintainer of the era: You're welcome to use anything, but if any of it is still in active use anywhere, I would like to ask you to coordinate with the authors/other users to prevent conflicts and confusion.

Speaking as an inactive dev: That's why it's all licensed GPL or the like anyway.
Thank you.
I just check the othher maintainers and unfortunately seems none still here except you two.
I invite you to check my campaign viewtopic.php?t=55954 that include triththa dwarves, silver drakes, minotaurs and some saurians from this era.
also, I had written a thread about minotaur viewtopic.php?t=56078 and drakes https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=56070 that contains many historical elements from this era (I used the wiki: alternative history).
My next campaign will be named "the second strife". It contain eventide and Eltirean
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

I'll see when I can take a look. It's been a while since I've started wesnoth, but it's always nice to see your work being built upon.