Scenario Review: SotBE 5 - To the Harbour of Tirigaz

Feedback for the mainline campaign Son of the Black Eye.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

egallager

Re: Scenario Review: SotBE 5 - To the Harbour of Tirigaz

Post by egallager »

mal_shubertal wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:48 am (7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
The holy water doesn't seem to work. I think it's supposed to make a unit's attack arcane, but I had kapoue take it and there was a dialogue, but his attack didn't change to arcane.
Yeah, the holy water usage here is kind of the devs' way of trolling the player, which is something I've taken issue with previously on Discord, but apparently some people like it, so it looks like it's going to be staying that way in mainline, at least... (In my version, I at least added an apology for it being fake)
mal_shubertal

Re: Scenario Review: SotBE 5 - To the Harbour of Tirigaz

Post by mal_shubertal »

egallager wrote: December 4th, 2022, 4:42 am
mal_shubertal wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:48 am (7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
The holy water doesn't seem to work. I think it's supposed to make a unit's attack arcane, but I had kapoue take it and there was a dialogue, but his attack didn't change to arcane.
Yeah, the holy water usage here is kind of the devs' way of trolling the player, which is something I've taken issue with previously on Discord, but apparently some people like it, so it looks like it's going to be staying that way in mainline, at least... (In my version, I at least added an apology for it being fake)
Got it. This joke went completely over my head. I don't object to the joke per se, but maybe making it more obvious would help, like having a shaman start to explain how holy water works, then Gruu just getting bored and chugging it mid-sentence.