Scenario Review: SoF 9 - Caverns of Flame

Feedback for the mainline campaign Sceptre of Fire (not to be confused with the Heir to the Throne scenario of the same name.)

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Balroth

Re: Scenario Review: SoF 9 - Caverns of Flame

Post by Balroth » September 27th, 2018, 2:34 pm

Made an campaign-wide feedback for this, I think it's more helpful than feedback on seperate scenarios viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48884 (reposting it on SoF 1 - A Bargain is Struck)

LordWolfDan

Re: Scenario Review: SoF 9 - Caverns of Flame

Post by LordWolfDan » December 17th, 2018, 8:34 am

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

- 1.14.5, Normal

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

- Kinda clear. At first I thought I had to get rid of elves myself. Seeing how lava is doing its' job, I didn't bother.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

- Very impressive! Despite having some "eh" moments in the campaign, Rugnur's last stand, sacrifice and the outcome of both hammer of Thursagan and Sceptre of Fire is all well done! Along with "Liberty" and "Dead Water", this has to be one of the best endings of Wesnoth

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

- Keeping Rugnur and Thursagan alive after stepping on the glyph

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

- Can't think of any

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

- Had to move Rugnur and Thursagan on a safer spot after they were roasted by lava before the erruption happened