Scenario Review: SoF 1 - A Bargain is Struck

Feedback for the mainline campaign Sceptre of Fire (not to be confused with the Heir to the Throne scenario of the same name.)

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Balroth

Re: Scenario Review: SoF 1 - A Bargain is Struck

Post by Balroth » September 27th, 2018, 2:35 pm

Made an campaign-wide feedback for this campaign, I think it's more helpful than feedback on seperate scenarios viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48884 I hope it helps! :)

shevegen

Post by shevegen » September 30th, 2018, 1:11 pm

I think Sceptre of Fire was quite ok.

Of course after having played some add-ons with where you can can pick different abilities for your heroes, I prefer the "customizable hero" paths to the point where I try to avoid (re)playing campaigns without that, even the default ones.

The main storyline campaigns can still be expanded though, e. g. sojournings of grog and various other storylines that could enter the default campaigns.

LordWolfDan

Post by LordWolfDan » December 14th, 2018, 4:59 pm

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

- 1.14.5, Normal

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

- Clear

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

- Seems interesting for a start, the bargain could have been less dragging and more actual bargain. If you don't connect this scenario with the last part of "Legend of Wesmere", then that's why you're confused about this one

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

- Making sure the caravans are out of harm under any means necessary

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

- Instead of having to defeat the elf leader as "Alternate objective", it should be "Bonus objective", while the scenario can be finished only by moving caravans and Alanin to Rugnur's keep

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

- I had to replay the entire scenario as the caravans were too exposed to the elves and I lost one in process.