Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.11 - 2 new units!

Post by IPS »

Hi there, I got some interesting interactions after this update, some things that have to get slightly rebalanced because well, not completely balanced.

This game was extremely rough , I had to do several reloads because of massive unluck with certain things, and to avoid this situation to happen, in resume I will rework cold ranged on lv2 Elemental archers, will explain more in bottom.

First to mention, is that lv3 cammel rider, are insane units !! :lol: , good enough to get -1 melee damage. They get skirmisher which is fair upgrade to get for a lv3 ... which sometimes with their high damages is pretty strong. They excels at countering (defensively) stuff like Golden Warrior , which is quite nasty sometimes :lol:

Lv3 Banisher is woah, really cool , good high movement mage that I will reprice for +2g because first he's very tanky againist magic, second he has optional slows in melee, third his melee damage is really high for a mage (because he's something different, not a squishy mage at all). He can of 22-2 at day time, which is highly effective againist ranged slowers because a miss in the first slowing strike will in most times be a big pain for the unit that is slowing.

Third thing, is that WOAH the mount of times I missed both slowing ranged in Lv2 Elemental archers... their main purpose in kharos army is being of ranged slowing, because it's more efficient to use the lv3 on already slowed ones. I'm considering to change their cold arrows to 5-3 instead of 8-2 , carpet rider has higher movility and skirmisher (counting flying) so he deserves to have lower slowing chances than Lv2 Elemental rider.

About something, sometimes in far lands, it's difficult to lv3 mysthical archers be entetirely in one piece while healers so far..., so I'm considering for Lv3 Elemental Archers Solar Regeneration 0/+3 (which means nothing will occur in neutral times). They get out of HP's very quickly if unlucky with slows or something else, so I think this small buff would not be a bad idea at all, change that will only be notisable in large maps as of 60x55. Idea is also to not intervention in neutral times because I do not want they to stop poison 4/6 of the game because that could even be OP lol. This buff is quite fair because Lv3 Elemental Archer has worse movement costs than all other scouts in the era, which leads them to be in desadventage in map control very early game AND as said, only will matter in big maps mostly.

Another thing I realized is about how much suffer my kharos build deal againist Lv3 Dwarvish Tanks, showing that highly armored units as Tanks or even Legionaries can be quite annoying to deal for Kharosian army who goes Swift spam of Golden/Silver warriors. While lv2 Heavy calvary were 8-3 to tanks, at night time Lv3 golden warrior were 5-3 if not fearless lol. But as Kharosian player I'm forced to this type of build because if I go slower units early game, I lose againist my opponents very early. Will consider of buffing +1 movement to Lv3 Cataphract so they can justificate better their higher costs.

This one game told me much more about balance status of the era than the previous one, that the most interesting to show was the bug about lv2-lv3 pain matiarchs that removes their slows for no reason :lol:

Balance Propossals

Kharosian Cataphract
- Movement from 7 to 8
- AMLA XP from 150 to 126
- Lv3 recruitable Cataphracts will now NOT have +inteligent trait, but they will maintain the possibility of +fearless.
This is, literally 1/6 less XP for any Cataphract, which is almost having base +Inteligent in base stats! and recruitable ones will also have chance to +fearless which inmunizes them to AwE aura

Note: Lv2 Heavy and Lv1 archers will not have chance to get fearless, but they will be capable to get +Inteligent trait instead !! , which means lv3 recruited Cataphract will be more valuable than leveled Cataphract (even slightly, because fearless does not help much in NEUTRAL unit).

Elemental Archer
- Frozen arrows attack adjusted from 8-2 to 5-3 , +slows +magical unchanged.
This makes the unit to also take more damage when attempting to kill with Frozen Arrows, but, increases chances to slow successfully.

Mysthical Archer
- They will now get +Solar regeneration 0/+3 (or to avoid the +0 prevent poison from working, just another skill that works only in day time).

Camel Master
- Melee damage from 11-3 to 10-3 (skirmisher is fairly strong enough)

Banisher cost from 55g to 57g
I underrated pretty much these guys previosuly, but at day time they're so beast! strong ones can be 10-3 impact at day time, which is HIGH!!

Pacificator HP from 88 to 85
Some armies really suffer so much at dealing with this unit, even is miserably possitionated as in case of AI, imagine if in the correct position by a really skilled player...

Edit:
Lv3 Hydra buff
- Cold ressistance from 10% to 20%
It was really hard nerfed long time ago, and actually its exploits in Orocia have ended.
Attachments
Random map replay 20221204-142444.gz
(76.96 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
IPS

Post by IPS »

Got another quick replay, this is about Sky Kingdom vs 2 randomly generated opponents that got Kharos as faction.

Well, to be honest, I'm really shocked that Sky Kingdom barely has something that deals decent damage to Kirios.... Unless you get night time and have some Shadow Mages, because otherwise there is no way to deal heavy damage to them using Sky Kingdom. The other option is waiting daytime and exchange high damage taken/dealt to Kirios using Sky Guardians. My best response to them were my Hydromancers than Master of Water that I did already own previosly in the battlefield... but that early Quick Kirios in bottom really caused me a lot of troubles.

Weird, but it left me to consider.... something is not working at all very correctly in Sky Kingdom againist the matchup of Kirios. Even if I purchased a Golem to rush Kirios, I really failed because I didn't think AI could kill it with so much piercing pressure lol but it at least left enemies units in a very bad positioning, it did well for only costing 37g and left most of them with not so high HP's and opportunity to leave kirios alone and slowed in night time which is indeed death for Kirios. I used a good value to the only Golden Mage I purchased as he was very useful in that case, but I personally don't like much recruiting expensive/5-MP-Slow in a map of this size.

So, I'ma consider some buffs to Earthmancer and Master of Earth. Unit is actually depending in being +Resilent trait to be worth (which well, as my original intention, because of being 1 of 4 options to optain for situational) but , some extra ranged DPS againist very magical resistant stuff would not be a bad idea (same as how I improved lv3 saurian assasin or gobling archers to suit better this role).

Buff of Inspired, placed them in a more correct place defenetively, they're now not invisible anymore when facing them even if used by AI.

Also other thing that realized, is that as I assumed, Black Mages are very strong againist kharosian opponents. Kharos has higher ressistances to Arcane and Fire.

I did not have any problems at dealing lv2 or lv3 versions of Kirios, but my army was mainly built with lv2 mages, and abusing the combination of quick healing properties (the more unit you own the more you heals!) with massive +slows to decrease enemy DMG output. Also starter had the same basic logic about spamming early scouts. Quite impressed how quick are Masters of Air, even if their invesment is risky their movement and map control with summoning values gold. I thanks that (even if nerfed) air elementals and gods are very useful agianist kharos matchup, specially if Elemental/Mystical archers are inexistant, which is a grave misstake that AI does.

Bottom Kharos army was defeated so easily, except of the fact of very tught Lv3 Kharosian war banner as leader... which hurts. While the other side fight in mid/late game at some points they were really tought ... also Kharosian pricement buffs makes me harder at dealing againist AI enemies using them, so things are going correct appart that I've nerfed severely things I over-use because the ressults of the very first games when me using Sky Kingdom were really unfairly good lol

Balance Propossals

[b]Terramancer[/b]
- Earthblast damage from 9-2 to 10-2 (so they can be more a threat for berserkers)
- NEW ATTACK: Earthblast (melee) 10-2 pierce melee +first-strike / +Skilled
- Stones now have +First-strike
- Landmass damage from 10-2 to 11-2
With this , their melee can be Sky Kingdom lv2 best option againist toads, as well significantly more useful againist Heavy Calvary.

20 & 22 damage is slightly lower than average of hybrid fighter (which usually are 24 / 24) , but Terramancer has 4 attacks and 2 attack types giving more versality , also of situational attacks AND tons of terrain extras. Unit looks low in HP, but belive me if owning resilent he's very tanky specially on hills and usually annoying to deal for units that are lower level than him. Also consider that when leveling up elementalists you can recheck their traits to maximize his potential , thing that recruited ones cannot.

Earth Master
- NEW ATTACK: Earthblast (melee) 13-2 pierce melee +first-strike / +Skilled
- Stones strikes increased from 8 to 9.
- Landmass damage from 15-2 to 16-2.
Some higher ranged damage for lv3. Extra pierce melee will be valuable at dealing specific things. I'm not sure if increasing to 14-2 is a good idea, first strike combined of skilled is quite strong.

Edit: Any suggestions for buffing Lv2 aeromancer? it's quite underpowered BUT I really don't have any idea what to do on there. Reason is because Lv2 Cosmic Eye (even with tons of nerfs) is a much better unit in overall aspects except in Tankyness and +Skirmisher, but in all other aspects has deficiency over Lv2 Cosmic Eye
EoMa aeromancer.png
Observations:
1.- 1 less movement, is quite dominant for village capturing, but in smaller maps skirmisher gets more valuable.
2.- Usually Aeromancer is tankier compared to Cosmic Eye, still, having a lot of missing features (strong physical melee, secret ranged...)
3.- Cosmic Eyes will be inmune to AwE aura, poison and drains, always nice things to consider.
4.- Lv1 Battle Eye ranged is way stronger than Lv2 Aeromancer attacks (also , 3-7 magical secures kills so easily).
5.- Aeromancer can gain traits which boosts his stats, quick Aeromancer will not be slower than Cosmic Eye, while resilient ones are quite bulky.
6.- Lv2 ranged damage (main attack) difference is brutal , 7-3 (70%) hit chance means an average damage of 4.9x3 = 14.7 while in case of Cosmic Eye 7-4(80%) an averagedamage of 5.6x4 = 22.4
7.- In human pvp , it's quite easier to have very early Aeromancer, while it costs a tons to archieve a Cosmic Eye in pvp matches, which againist barbarians opponent can bother a lot.
8.- In flat terrain, Aeromancer is tankiest of all elementalist advancement, and in usually bad terrains.

Possible buffes:
1.- 7-3 increase to 8-3 so it can at least be higher than lv1 values...
8 x 0.7 = 5.6 dmg per strike (average, with RNG)
6 x 0.8 = 4.8 dmg per strike (avarage, with RNG)

2.- Fire/Cold ressistances to 10% , this would lead Aeromancer to also be significantly tankier than Cosmic Eye and a Reason to consider him.

3.- Magic-counter to his melee can be a GOOD BUFF for him, to make him nastier to be killed by fire avatar/gods, only thing is that this also would buff the mighty/powerful Air Master that is not any underpowered lol.

4.- Magic-counter(offensive) for his ranged? this was yet not used in any ranged attack, but is even more valuable in ranged distance.

These would be some suggestions, not necessairly taking any of all, as I'm not quite sure, if anyone has any extra idea I would like to read it, because Aeromancer defenetively needs buff. Still, testing would be done not much after any change to have a more practical/realistic view.
Attachments
Random map replay 20221205-031553.gz
(90.25 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

IPS wrote: December 5th, 2022, 5:39 pm Balance Propossals

[b]Terramancer[/b]
- Earthblast damage from 9-2 to 10-2 (so they can be more a threat for berserkers)
- NEW ATTACK: Earthblast (melee) 10-2 pierce melee +first-strike / +Skilled
- Stones now have +First-strike
- Landmass damage from 10-2 to 11-2
With this , their melee can be Sky Kingdom lv2 best option againist toads, as well significantly more useful againist Heavy Calvary.

20 & 22 damage is slightly lower than average of hybrid fighter (which usually are 24 / 24) , but Terramancer has 4 attacks and 2 attack types giving more versality , also of situational attacks AND tons of terrain extras. Unit looks low in HP, but belive me if owning resilent he's very tanky specially on hills and usually annoying to deal for units that are lower level than him. Also consider that when leveling up elementalists you can recheck their traits to maximize his potential , thing that recruited ones cannot.

Earth Master
- NEW ATTACK: Earthblast (melee) 13-2 pierce melee +first-strike / +Skilled
- Stones strikes increased from 8 to 9.
- Landmass damage from 15-2 to 16-2.
Some higher ranged damage for lv3. Extra pierce melee will be valuable at dealing specific things. I'm not sure if increasing to 14-2 is a good idea, first strike combined of skilled is quite strong.
Seems reasonable
IPS wrote: December 5th, 2022, 5:39 pm Edit: Any suggestions for buffing Lv2 aeromancer? it's quite underpowered BUT I really don't have any idea what to do on there. Reason is because Lv2 Cosmic Eye (even with tons of nerfs) is a much better unit in overall aspects except in Tankyness and +Skirmisher, but in all other aspects has deficiency over Lv2 Cosmic Eye

EoMa aeromancer.png

Observations:
1.- 1 less movement, is quite dominant for village capturing, but in smaller maps skirmisher gets more valuable.
2.- Usually Aeromancer is tankier compared to Cosmic Eye, still, having a lot of missing features (strong physical melee, secret ranged...)
3.- Cosmic Eyes will be inmune to AwE aura, poison and drains, always nice things to consider.
4.- Lv1 Battle Eye ranged is way stronger than Lv2 Aeromancer attacks (also , 3-7 magical secures kills so easily).
5.- Aeromancer can gain traits which boosts his stats, quick Aeromancer will not be slower than Cosmic Eye, while resilient ones are quite bulky.
6.- Lv2 ranged damage (main attack) difference is brutal , 7-3 (70%) hit chance means an average damage of 4.9x3 = 14.7 while in case of Cosmic Eye 7-4(80%) an averagedamage of 5.6x4 = 22.4
7.- In human pvp , it's quite easier to have very early Aeromancer, while it costs a tons to archieve a Cosmic Eye in pvp matches, which againist barbarians opponent can bother a lot.
8.- In flat terrain, Aeromancer is tankiest of all elementalist advancement, and in usually bad terrains.

Possible buffes:
1.- 7-3 increase to 8-3 so it can at least be higher than lv1 values...
8 x 0.7 = 5.6 dmg per strike (average, with RNG)
6 x 0.8 = 4.8 dmg per strike (avarage, with RNG)

2.- Fire/Cold ressistances to 10% , this would lead Aeromancer to also be significantly tankier than Cosmic Eye and a Reason to consider him.

3.- Magic-counter to his melee can be a GOOD BUFF for him, to make him nastier to be killed by fire avatar/gods, only thing is that this also would buff the mighty/powerful Air Master that is not any underpowered lol.

4.- Magic-counter(offensive) for his ranged? this was yet not used in any ranged attack, but is even more valuable in ranged distance.

These would be some suggestions, not necessairly taking any of all, as I'm not quite sure, if anyone has any extra idea I would like to read it, because Aeromancer defenetively needs buff. Still, testing would be done not much after any change to have a more practical/realistic view.
Hmmmm... what if... we give aeromancer hit-and-run 2? that way the unit becomes more usable while not competing for quite the same niche as cosmic eye
Lord_bold

Post by Lord_bold »

Hi again, its been a while since i last posted here.
I've been playing this era extensively, cultivating my love for the various factions and how diverse they are, and I think I might have come with an idea to diversify a bit the destroyers "too much of the same" issue: necromantic technology, similar to what the phyrexians of the Magic: the gathering universe have.. As of now, every single unit the destroyers have is an undead minion from past conquests, like what the combine from half life 2 do (well, but instead of brutally lobotomizing, rising them as undead). So, what would the "ruling class" of the destroyers be like? Not neccesarily the real "destroyers", but what they have chosen to be the avatars of its conscience? I think a necromechanical being able to summon lesser necromechanical constructs would perfectly fit that role. The constructs could have entirely different resistances, or lack of weaknesses, akin to the ghoul's role in the undead faction of vanilla wesnoth, changing the destroyer's glass-canon nature.

So the unit could be something like this:

Starts at lvl 2 as Overseer with "Summon underling". Mechanical undead (or just mechanical, since its a bit redundant. Maybe reuse the biomechanical trait from the chaos empire era? Portals should still heal them). Resistances and movements similar to dwarvish arcanist line.
It could promote into lvl 3 Overlord, and then into lvl 4 Maw of the Destroyers.

The underling could be a mechanical unit with plague and poison, with fairly low movement, so it cannot be used as scout, but have a very refreshing dwarf-like resistance rooster with no negative traits. Plus it could be upgraded into a series of different necrotic abominations, like "Demon engine", "Dragon engine", "Juggernaut" and "Carrier". Demon engine could be a flying mechanical construct, the dragon engine could be the mechanical counterpart to the bone beast line, the juggernaut could be a plague missile launcher and the carrier a well-rounded unit that in death could explode and cause massive plague damage to the surrounding units, along with poison. The underling should probably have a cap on lvl 2 similar to dark-blood salamanders.

I didn't want to juggle around stats since i'm not good at balancing units, just let me know if you find the idea interesting
IPS

Post by IPS »

Lord_bold wrote: December 6th, 2022, 2:22 pm Hi again, its been a while since i last posted here.
I've been playing this era extensively, cultivating my love for the various factions and how diverse they are, and I think I might have come with an idea to diversify a bit the destroyers "too much of the same" issue: necromantic technology, similar to what the phyrexians of the Magic: the gathering universe have.. As of now, every single unit the destroyers have is an undead minion from past conquests, like what the combine from half life 2 do (well, but instead of brutally lobotomizing, rising them as undead). So, what would the "ruling class" of the destroyers be like? Not neccesarily the real "destroyers", but what they have chosen to be the avatars of its conscience? I think a necromechanical being able to summon lesser necromechanical constructs would perfectly fit that role. The constructs could have entirely different resistances, or lack of weaknesses, akin to the ghoul's role in the undead faction of vanilla wesnoth, changing the destroyer's glass-canon nature.

So the unit could be something like this:

Starts at lvl 2 as Overseer with "Summon underling". Mechanical undead (or just mechanical, since its a bit redundant. Maybe reuse the biomechanical trait from the chaos empire era? Portals should still heal them). Resistances and movements similar to dwarvish arcanist line.
It could promote into lvl 3 Overlord, and then into lvl 4 Maw of the Destroyers.

The underling could be a mechanical unit with plague and poison, with fairly low movement, so it cannot be used as scout, but have a very refreshing dwarf-like resistance rooster with no negative traits. Plus it could be upgraded into a series of different necrotic abominations, like "Demon engine", "Dragon engine", "Juggernaut" and "Carrier". Demon engine could be a flying mechanical construct, the dragon engine could be the mechanical counterpart to the bone beast line, the juggernaut could be a plague missile launcher and the carrier a well-rounded unit that in death could explode and cause massive plague damage to the surrounding units, along with poison. The underling should probably have a cap on lvl 2 similar to dark-blood salamanders.

I didn't want to juggle around stats since i'm not good at balancing units, just let me know if you find the idea interesting
I always been thinking/fantasying that Destroyers aren't the final evil of the game, because they're just tools of someone who summoner them to purge of any life form in these lands. I think that even it can lead to even one more faction, but I don't know what inferno8 thinks about this. But at least in my mind (just in my mind, NOT canonnic) about some beings made of Anti-magic that want to wipe-out any living form, and that for some kind of black magic ritual someone (cyclops ... or cyclops baited/betrayed by a conspiration of sky kingdom black mages?) got their contact and they're simply named as the dark gods.

All that can have any sense considering new lv4 version of abyss mage unit has no-counter-attack, which oddly suits perfect and somehow synergizes with tharis no-counter-attack melees :P

To be real honest, I got some ideas/concept about EoMa lore pre-after era of magic, but inferno8 is actually busy at reworking To Lands Uknown , so I'ma proposse to him some of that after the campaign revamp.

But personally I see destroyers just as a tool/swarm , will see if somebody else thinks as me about this :lol:

@ForestDragon
+Hit-run(2) for Aeromancer / Aeromaster sounds quite good. This element would make them be part of Meta in many game modes (such as Orocia, big size maps), etc. While not faster by default than battle/cosmic eyes, having significantly more maniover capacities. Maybe this in combination of only 10% res to cold/fire is quite enough to make Aeromancer strong enough to be considerable unit even in master's era. And I think that it's not a big deal if Lv3 Master of Air gets this buff, still I haven't seen anybody abusing with Air Masters in ageless in all real long I've been spectating rooms (just maybe, because Master of Water in ageless is gamebreaking OP lol).

Will be testing how does works in master's era, but giving that to 11-3 magical arcane unit is woah, very strong. Even in my last replay, you can see I made great value of Air Masters even if not very useful offensively againist Kharos. Dunno if hit-run(1) is strong enough for that, considering they fly and have skirmisher, this even allows to kill and then grab village in same turn.

But in my personal conclusion, I would add hit-run(1) and the 10% fire-cold res to Aeromancer because Lv3 is quite strong and buffing him too much could well... end in pro-player cheese. Maybe 70% mountains defense, but dunno if that is too much to add counting the combination of all other buffs.

Edit: do not add hit-run to them in RPG.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

ForestDragon wrote: December 6th, 2022, 7:05 am Hmmmm... what if... we give aeromancer hit-and-run 2? that way the unit becomes more usable while not competing for quite the same niche as cosmic eye
IPS wrote: December 6th, 2022, 2:55 pm I would add hit-run(1) and the 10% fire-cold res to Aeromancer
Ok, thanks for the ideas guys! I'll probably use hit and run (1) in combination with 10% fire/cold resistance for Aeromancer. ;)

@IPS: The chrono aura ability is going to be slightly modified (again) in the next release. Together with ForestDragon we decided that after activation there should be a 15% chance to hit bonus for allies (instead of 10%) and the cost should be decreased to 15g (from 20g). It won't be easy to balance this, especially that we are dealing with a lvl4 unit. What I want to avoid is a situation where of all lvl4 Sky Kingdom units (Guru, Master of Elements and Chronomancer) it is the Chronomancer who is the best choice - this is unacceptable. All these three units should be of similar importance on a battlefield, each offering something different and unique (Guru: anti-shield damage dealer/heavy support unit; Master of Elements: versatile heavy assault summoner unit; Chronomancer: tactical support/strategic assassin unit).

@Lord_bold: nice to see you again ;)
Lord_bold wrote: December 6th, 2022, 2:22 pm As of now, every single unit the destroyers have is an undead minion from past conquests (...). So, what would the "ruling class" of the destroyers be like? Not neccesarily the real "destroyers", but what they have chosen to be the avatars of its conscience? I think a necromechanical being able to summon lesser necromechanical constructs would perfectly fit that role.
Well, to be honest I do not plan to add more units for Destroyers currently, but the idea of "necromechanical" constructs seems to have some potential in future campaigns, especially those revolving around Runemasters. I'll think about it, thanks. ;)
IPS wrote: December 6th, 2022, 2:55 pm I always been thinking/fantasying that Destroyers aren't the final evil of the game, because they're just tools of someone who summoner them to purge of any life form in these lands. I think that even it can lead to even one more faction, but I don't know what inferno8 thinks about this.
Well, a few years ago I was thinking about making another faction based on living Atokpis (from before Cataclysm) but then decided to feature them in a campaign about Destroyers. So if I was ever going to make another faction, that would be the Atokpi Empire during its golden age.
And as for your guess about the purpose of Destroyers, you might be onto something ;)
IPS wrote: December 6th, 2022, 2:55 pm To be real honest, I got some ideas/concept about EoMa lore pre-after era of magic, but inferno8 is actually busy at reworking To Lands Uknown , so I'm propose to him some of that after the campaign revamp.
There are only few things left for me to work on TLU: restoration of the original (now alternative) ending, remastering of some video cutscenes and making an official YT trailer. All these are planned for 1/2Q 2023. Then I'll decide what to do next.
I do have plans for more campaigns, even short ones, but I need to take into account many factors before I make a move - game's popularity in the future, Wesnoth devs' potential decision about switching to Godot engine, the size of the community (whether its shrinking or not) etc. Making such visually sophisticated add-ons takes a lot of time and effort, so I am even considering crowdfunding to speed things up, but first I really need to carefully estimate whether it is all worth it in the end. I try to be an optimist. :)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
IPS

Post by IPS »

Also talking about Chrono aura, I have some propossals. But before mentioning that, well, just a comment about chrono aura (active).

As I've said, yup, the aura was kind stronger than before but less efficient in gameplay as player would be depending IN having gold to have any aura, which even if stronger active I commented in most situations player will not be hoaring gold when leveling to lv4 the chronomancer. Also realising about the deficit in base stats, it also increases stats efficiency for instantly gaining the lv4 (slighty more chance to hit OR more evasion, as passive aura) , thing that I will mention 3 options I've considered.

15g for ativating aura well, is kind of inexpensive, but as said, not all players will have gold to activate it. Also it's higly expensive activating this aura with 2 chronomancers for 30 golds, but being useful in the same turn when used is real strong, reason why I say it's high cost efficent to cast.

Options about PASSIVE aura.

Option A : +5% offensive accuracy / -5% debuff to enemies
This was the option from all 3 I've picked for the chrono aura (passive). Sincerely if the most fair the of all 3, I'm sure it's not the strongest of the 3 variations, still this option is the most multi-uses one.

Option B: +10% offensive accuracy (but no debuff)
This one option, boosts the most the passive accuracy in units around him, increasing chances to the most. But giving no defensive bonuses. 70% --> 80% accuracy is not that much different (1/7 more damage in terms of accuracy, also helps a lot to golem's charge specially at enemies at lower terrain defenses). Maybe of all 3 variations is the strongest being the easiest to apply to most units a turn.

Option C: -10% debuff to enemies (but no ally buff)
This option is the most passive-aggresive of all, but gives 0 buffes to neaby alies and will make enemies miss more around him. The hardest to use of all 3 variations. In player turn it can force Sky Guardian being only 20% of being hit if on a 70% defense terrain or only being 30% chance of being hit if on plains.

Also about a potential era before cataclysm could be named Era of Might (just trolling that there is NO era that is named OF MIGHT here, but there is Era of Myths already which is older) and all of them would be named EoM (either a, i or without any letters) :lol: :lol:

Also a faction that features Cyclops when they ruled before the cataclysm would be really cool, considering that they were more mage base but at having higher physical strenght well could be related to a expensive faction where you get outnumber most of time (as in case of drakes) but with units of higher quality.(maybe cyclops imitating defaultish ranged mage (maybe 2 units, imitating ranged from default's mage & dark adept attacks but with much more bulkyness) and slight stats variations.

More stuff, related to pre-after Era of Magic.
As well of a variation of Sky Kingdom army before events of Cataclysm when they trusted way more in black mages and they had less refined magic mechanical stuff as of Cosmic Eyes , or mystic gears that give 20% fire/cold res and 30% to arcane as in case of Hidden-Face and more expensive mages or even the war mysic gear that are the same but +10% to all magical ressistances. But Guru (maybe potentially) known or suspects that part of his black mages did something inmoral and he got forced to consider banishment of a good part of black mages for a better good for everyone.

Even if these banished black mages are no longer in the flying island, they were around the ground doing things... Guru suspected them about conspiring later againist him and his nation reason why he decided to never leave the floating island after the events of cataclysm. Thing that even, if giving more details , could mention like 2 or 3 groups of black mages (each one with different beliefs and goals) which one are ambivalent/neutral but can still of help if request, while other are consumed in madness (similar to tharis) by blackmagic power and stuff. Even I got some ideas in my own part about that XD (but that concerns about events post Era of Magic, some time later when Mehir and summoners gone to Abyss)

Still, there is a lot of possibilties, but even there is potential for Eras in different timelines with different metas (and why not, different balancing), still would make sense that for example Atokpi were very strong in piercing and blade attack (maybe cold ranged healers?) but they had no proffesionals in melee impact which lead them to get defeated by Destroyers even with the colossal strength they owned. Also base massive -30% cold ressistance which also could explain why destroyers with help of tharis doomed Atokpi to their exticntion.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

inferno8 wrote: December 6th, 2022, 7:23 pmOk, thanks for the ideas guys! I'll probably use hit and run (1) in combination with 10% fire/cold resistance for Aeromancer. ;)
Alright
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo, got another random generated large 60 x 55 map test. This time even if my map selection was very poor (too many forest and too many villages in enemy sides...) I archieved a win with several (if not decens) of reloads. Considering all this, was my HARDEST victory, and oddly only lossing a tons of orbs and only 2 living tharis units.

On this game, I wanted to play as Tharis againist 2 randomly generated AI opponents.

I didn't find any issue with interactions, just only... tharis units being somewhat too low HP (but from wounds) too often which after a short but deadly assault to barbarian side, it was blatant not having healer I had several difficulties, specially with village adquistion or stuff like having issues because cannot heal and attack very efficiently in same turns. Still, this lead me to consider way too much to use pain-absorb of Lv3 Matriarch of Pain even from my units that gets injured by Destroyers, even if not easy or massive, it really made an important difference.

I assumed already how terrible was this map generation, so many forests which made Tharis be slow and villages be hard to reach to reheal my troops, this only lead me to see ONE thing that I would add to implement to Lv2 Sword dancer. I think that even if small, a +nocturnal regeneration +3 could help this unit at performing better at larger maps. The reason why I pick this unit to have some nocturnal regenartion values is because a time ago I've decreased its movement by one less (6 --> 5) tile and decreased impact ressistance value from -10% to -20% , both nerfs together are pretty strong.

Even if Nocturnal Regen 3 is not much, it's fair enough to stop poison from working only in night, even this special is less powerful than Blood Warrior's bloodlust+5 , but good enough to reward better to more skilled players. Even can say that unit pre adjustments with 1 more movement and 10% more impact res is still better than actual Sword Dancer. Also Swordancer is fairly a good berserker unit (would say A Tier) also for tharis is easy to slow something and then use this unit.

Also, was quite suprising how really nice does Chain Ladies at very specific interactions o= , combination of +Dread and 40% impact res from +Dauntless is quite strongggg, makes things deal really low damage, but still some damage taken to heal even heal your matriarchs of pain lol.

Balance propossal:
- Blade Dancer cave defense from 50% to 60%.
Most tharis units are better in cave terrain than in flat, this small buff will make Lv1 and Lv2 blade dancer be in cave as good in flat, which is still meh.

Sword Dancer
- now adquiring nocturnal regeneration +3
- Cave defense from 50% to 60%

Era of Magic Masters
- Remove lv1 bladefury from recruit list in Master's version of era.

Edit:
Dark Wizard
- XP from 100 to 88
To be more in the pair of Lv2 Sky Kingdom black mages.

Great Warlock
- now adquiring nocturnal regeneration +3

Great Witch
- XP from 110 to 100
In not modded games, this unit is not THAT strong, also Tharis being one of least played in survival maps.

Dark Assasin / Great Hunter
- XP from 94 to 88 (on both units)

Black Mage
- XP from 86 to 90
They're actually meta in Sky Kingdom gameplay, 4 more XP to level the lv2 will not harm much the unit.

Chronomancer
- Cold ressistance from 25% to 30%

if amy of you find any other unit that could deserve having even very small values of nocturnal regen to Tharis army, or some kind of creative healing, you can consider posting that in forums, only in this one replay I had this healing's issues stilll compensated by high damages and somewhat good movility.
Attachments
Random map replay 20221209-214526.gz
(99.79 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.11.1

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 3.11.1 has been released!

20 modified units, 1 new weapon special, 2 bugfixes, improved Mirrorshield sprites and attack icons + some changes to recruit lists. Enjoy the latest EoMa update!
mirrorshield-update.png
mirrorshield-update.png (22.2 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
Mirrorshield has got an improved look - his shield has a completely different shape now. This is also reflected in his attack icons.

The 'hit and run' weapon special is a modification of the 'hit and run' ability - it only works for attacks with this special active (whereas the ability worked for all attacks). Kharosian Cataphract has got this weapon special for his ranged attack and currently is the only unit in the era with this enabled.

I'd like to thank IPS again for his constant feedback (adding the nocturnal regeneration to some Tharis units was a great idea!) :D

Note: If some of you play on BfW 1.17 you may notice the era has not been updated there yet. This is intentional. I am going to update EoMa and TLU for BfW 1.17 somewhere in 2023.

Full changelog:

Code: Select all

## Version 3.11.1
 ### Gameplay
	* removed Bladefury from AoH and Masters recruit lists
	* added Orcish Chieftain to the Masters recruit list
 ### Units
	** Kharos:
	 * Kharosian Cataphract: movement from 7 to 8; AMLA XP from 150 to 126; disabled acquiring of the intelligent trait for recruitable Cataphracts; added the 'hit and run' weapon special to the ranged attack
	 * Elemental Archer: changed the 'ice arrow' attack damage from 8-2 to 5-3
	 * Mystical Archer: added the 'solar regeneration 0/3' ability
	** Runemasters:
	 * Pacificator: hitpoints from 88 to 85
	** Sky Kingdom:
	 * Terramancer: added a new melee pierce attack; the 'stones' attack now has the 'first strike' weapon special; changed the 'landmass' attack damage from 10-2 to 11-2
	 * Master of Earth: added a new melee pierce attack; changed the number of strikes for the 'stones' attack from 8 to 9; changed the 'landmass' attack damage from 15-2 to 16-2
	 * Aeromancer: added the hit and run +1 ability; added the 10% fire and cold resistance
	 * Master of Air: added the hit and run +1 ability; added the 10% fire and cold resistance
	 * Black Mage: XP from 86 to 90
	 * Chronomancer: cold resistance from 25% to 30%
	** Summoners:
	 * Camel Master: melee damage from 11-3 to 10-3
	 * Banisher: cost from 55g to 57g
	** Tharis:
	 * Chaos Hydra: cold resistance from 10% to 20%
	 * Blade Dancer cave defense from 50% to 60%
	 * Sword Dancer: added the 'nocturnal regeneration +3' ability; cave defense from 50% to 60%
	 * Dark Wizard: XP from 100 to 88
	 * Great Warlock: added the 'nocturnal regeneration +3' ability
	 * Great Witch: XP from 110 to 100
	 * Dark Assassin: XP from 94 to 88
	 * Great Hunter: XP from 94 to 88	 
 ### Abilities
	* added the 'hit and run' weapon special
	* rebalanced the 'chrono aura (active)' ability
	* the 'pain absorption' ability no longer restores statuses
 ### Graphics
	* improved Mirrorshield sprites and attack icons
 ### Code
	* restore missing unit keys and values for Orcish Warbanner
 ### Translations
	* updated the raw translation file
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo, been away from this topic for a couple of days, also I got some few to things to comment.

The first of all is that I've realized that in default 1.17 servers unit data base, some lv2 and lv3 units got repriced (for better) in many cases! this means that I will have to look more carefully about pricement in lv2 and lv3 units. But just commenting that I've seen that many units such as Red/White mages in Era of Heroes costs 2g less, as well of knalgan lv2 berserkers being cheaper now.

Also, defaultish repricement explained more or less what I've found in my own experience in EoMa testing like things like Lv2 cosmic Eye is 2g more expensive than Lv3 Hurricane Drake from default which is ... RIGHT as cosmic eye is by me the most powerful lv2 unit considering all aspect of multi uses, high accuracy, mobility and tons of other extras like 60% flat defense and even covering a lot of attack types. Only lv2 unit that is more expensive than Cosmic Eye in EoMa is the Cyclops Necromancer, but the main reason why it costs huge 48g for a lv2 is because I'm couting the x4 lv0 randomly generated zombies that will cover this unit, which in resume is 48g to buy a lv2 and 4 lv0's in the map constantly.

Another thing I'm aware about, is that in many situations lv3 EoMa is stronger than lv3 default, but units that are both more gold costy to obtain or requiring farming more XP's to obtain, which is the criteria I personally followed to make EoMa more compatible with Ageless and default in overall.

So in resume, there will be mainly another wave of lv2 and lv3 repricements considering all this from default itself!

Last thing to mention, is that I think it might be a good idea giving to some specific units hit-run(2) to their ranged attacks as well, because they got some reasons to consider all this.

Balance Propossals
- Turbo berserker getting +hit-run(2) in ranged, which also makes sense considering its name, also it was very rare using this in offensive.
- Swordsdancer getting +hit-run(2) in ranged, as very rarely chackram was used in offensive, as it's not usually worth ocupating 1 tile to just 7-2 skilled.

Both units appart of having zerking melee, as secondary use can be used as ranged-kiters, meaning that they can of help weakening enemies at ranged and then moving back again, which makes them more more useful specially when they are very low in HP's.

Tharis more nocturnal regenerations is planned, still I'm viewing which units will adquire this bonus and in which mounts. As I've realized it's difficult to tharis to maintain their efficiency in fields due of getting wounded, and forcing them to lose harass potential because of this. As well of some XP issues I've realized more recently.
IPS

Post by IPS »

So, after a short view of certain aspects, I decided to do some repricements in lv2 and slight rebalancing. There is not much to mention in here as there was not much calculation, but only appying some sense common.

Lv2 salamanders will get repriced by lower! , even if they're specialized units, unlike saurians they're slower which means that in large map they will have less pressence in far regions of the map. Yellow salamander unlike the rest gets a complete -3g repricement because it has less ambush potential than all non red salamanders. Red Salamanders gets priced by -2g too because red mage as well costs 2g less.

Lv2 corrupted shaman XP buff, to make then significantly easier to train over Clean Leader, and meaning earlier damage output with some less kills.

Toads got some nerfs in their defensive properties, even if they're 4 movement they have somewhat good movement costs (unlike hydra) so they feel not as slow as hydras feel. Will just mention about the possibility of swamp-regeneration(+10) for lv2 and lv3 toads, up to inferno8.

Lv3 Infernal Vortex is quite overpriced for the poor map control it can bring, still considering this unit will make you have higher control over a very small portion of the map, so will be 3g cheaper. Black Portal is bit of overpriced, also more stuff got higher cold ressistant recently, will price for a bit lower.

Some destroyers units got buff instead of pricement earlier, but still later will be checking their performance. Harbinger few less XP to lv3 because of melee accuracy nerf (preventing them to be too abusive in ageless meta).

Lv2 Bishop will be costing 2g less, lv2 mages in default got repriced by 2 less, still, it's hard to use well this unit at costing 38g , specially IF no lv1 to give leadership aura. Lv2 Avenger 1g less because they're not that good againist mages, also they can now lv3. Kharosian Legionarie is quite expensive for the tasks it's doing, player can easily have more damage going lv2 avenger considering prices differences, so it will get lowered in its pricement. Kharosian Impaler presence is weak in Era of Master, will make him 2g cheaper. Hoping that it maks really worth considering diversificate more kharosian armies with these more fair repricements.

Lv2 melee dwarves will be slightly cheaper, cadet not many reasons to be 1g cheaper but lol. Dwarvish veteran is not 70% mountains defense as in default, which is a considerable cons, for which players should be spending less golds. Their melee is 10-3 anod 11-3 like of steelclad, physical res are 20% not 30% , reasons to be considerably more cheap becuase of being much less tankier specially in mountains. Part of this logic can be applied to lv3 melee dwarves except the mountains defense. Lv3 Runic warrior has only 14-3 melee damage output, which his melee damage potential is just average of lv3 but significantly weaker from units of similar pricing. Lv3 Dwarvish Soldier instead of repricement , will get hit-run(1) in his gun attack.

Sky Kingdom Lv2 Sorcerer instead of pricement, will get 2 MP cost in mountains. Lv2 Warmage bit too hard to train, XP decrease. Is Lv3 Shadow Magi cost efficient? will decrease his costs by 2g and maybe adding him Nocturnal Regen +3 because he has significantly worse movement costs over Abyss Mage, this also helps him to do solo-infiltration missions.

In summoners, Earth Elemental is far the least popular of all elementals, why getting one if you can train and get more rewarded by Air Avatar? it's basically another good argument why I decreased Air elementals and adnvacement melee. Will decrease XP to lv3 to Earth Avatar and allowing Earth God to pick between no-area-attack OR doing it. Rhami'Kai 2g cheaper. I'm not sure if Lv3 summoners are actually cost-efficient, but 100% hit chance is cool to always consider and Heavy Summoner is aura unit. Why not slightly cheaper lol.

Tharis, Dark Wizard 1g cheaper, appart of previous XP buff. Great Hydra will be 2g more cheap. Dark Slayer and Blademaster are quite strong, but I think that both with +Bloodlust(3 & 4) would be better. Consider not applying this to RPG. After thinking a real while, I think that spreading more different self-healing capacities for some tharis units is a good idea to fix their lack of healers, having lower tier self-heal specials to somewhat compensate that. This might help them a lot at dealing their low base HP and problems of not having healers because they gained many tricks to compensate that.

Balance Propossal
- Black Salamander price from 35g to 33g
- Green Salamander price from 35g to 33g
- Blue Salamander price from 35g to 33g
- Yellow Salamander price from 35g to 32g
- Red Salamander price from 36g to 34g
- Battle Toad price from 42g to 39g
- Toad Archer price from 40g to 38g
- Toad Shaman price from 44g to 41g
- Infernal Vortex price from 58g to 55g
- Black Portal price from 58g to 56g
- Bishop Price from 38g to 36g
- Avenger price from 31g to 30g
- Kharosian Legionarie Price from 49g to 45g
- Kharosian Impaler price from 47g to 45g
- Dwarvish Cadet price from 31g to 30g
- Dwarvish Veteran price from 33g to 31g
- Dwarvish Runic Warrior price from 55g to 53g
- Technocrat price from 52g to 51g
- Shadow Mage price from 54g to 52g and gets +Nocturnal-Regeneration(3)
- Rhami'Kai price from 38g to 36g
- Neutral Summoner price from 56g to 54g
- Grand Summoner price from 54g to 53g
- Dark Wizard price from 38g to 37g
- Great Hydra price from 38g to 36g
- Chaos Hydra price from 57g to 55g , and gets +Scavenger+2

More than just repricements
- Harbinger XP from 114 to 107 (because of melee accuracy nerf in lv2)
- Corrupted Shaman XP from 110 to 95
- Swamp Mage XP from 200 to 210
- Steamcopter XP from 94 to 90
- Dwarvish Soldier gun will now have +hit-run(1) (not in RPG)
- Warmage XP from 115 to 105
- Sorcerer Mountains movement cost from 3 to 2
- Dark Slayer and Blademaster now will gain Bloodlust(+3) and Bloodlust(+4) (not in RPG)
- Dark Assasin & Shadow Blade will now gain Bloodlust(+3) and Bloodlust(+4) (not in RPG)
- Dark Executioner will now gain Nocturnal-Regeneration(+3)
- Frontliner will now gain +Bloodlust(+3) (not in RPG)
- Crimsom Blade will now gain AwE 1 but only in offensive and +Bloodlust(+4) (no bloodlust in RPG)
- Dark General will now gain Nocturnal-Regeneration(+3)
- Dark Warlord will now gain Nocturnal-Regeneration(+5)

Earth Elemental patch massive buff? YES, the only elemental that is not in A/S tier.
- Earth Avatar price from 35g to 33g , XP from 105 to 90
- Earth God NEW ATTACK: Hit 12-3 with Bulwakr's +Shielded. Price from 60g to 55g
If same 13-3 I'm not sure if AI would use Area of Attack any ever. It can also switch to use melee with shielded in defense only if lethal risks to lose unit in melee, but player can voluntary deal 1 dmg less per strike to take some less damge on this unit
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.12

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 3.12 is now available!

This update brings numerous adjustments and code improvements. 46 units have been rebalanced. Some abilities have been merged or replaced with more optimized ones. A few of them also got better names/descriptions. For example one can now exactly tell how many HP does solar regeneration restore at dawn and during day just by reading the ability description. The previous description lacked such information.

Because the 3.12 changelog is quite long, here are some highlights:
  • Goblin Leader, Troll Leader and Orcish Leader abilities have been replaced with one 'Racial Leader' ability which does the same and is more flexible.
  • the Fiery Glow ability has been renamed to Illuminates (weak), because it is literally a weaker version of the ability from default (15%).
  • the Swamp Ambush ability has been renamed to Swamp Lurk. The latter already exists for Crocodile from default as a unit-specific ability, but this small name change should help reduce the clutter in help pages.
  • the Water ability has been replaced with 'water regeneration +6' because it does exactly the same.
I'd like to thank IPS for his incredible feedback (as always). Based on his detailed list of balance proposals I managed to reprice dozens of units in a short amount of time. Thanks! :D
I would also like to thank a discord user called "patience_reloaded" for spotting an inconsistency with Earth Avatar's pierce resistance. It has been finally fixed, thanks! ^_^

@IPS: The only change I didn't include in this release was the one about giving Awe 1 to Crimson Blade (only in offense). I think that Bloodlust +4 will be enough in this case, at least for now.

Full changelog:

Code: Select all

## Version 3.12
 ### Units
	** Darkblood Alliance:
	 * Black Salamander: cost from 35g to 33g
	 * Green Salamander: cost from 35g to 33g
	 * Blue Salamander: cost from 35g to 33g
	 * Yellow Salamander: cost from 35g to 32g
	 * Red Salamander: cost from 36g to 34g
	 * Battle Toad: cost from 42g to 39g
	 * Toad Archer: cost from 40g to 38g
	 * Toad Shaman: cost from 44g to 41g
	 * Corrupted Shaman XP from 110 to 95
	 * Swamp Mage XP from 200 to 210
	 * Forest Spirit: replaced the 'forest regeneration' ability with the 'nature regeneration' ability
	** Destroyers:
	 * Infernal Vortex: cost from 58g to 55g
	 * Black Portal: cost from 58g to 56g
	 * Harbinger: XP from 114 to 107
	** Kharos:
	 * Bishop Price: from 38g to 36g
	 * Avenger: cost from 31g to 30g
	 * Kharosian Legionnaire: Price from 49g to 45g
	 * Kharosian Impaler: cost from 47g to 45g
	** Runemasters:
	 * Dwarvish Cadet: cost from 31g to 30g
	 * Dwarvish Soldier the 'gun' attack now has 'hit-run +1' (not in RPG)
	 * Dwarvish: Veteran: cost from 33g to 31g
	 * Dwarvish Runic Warrior: cost from 55g to 53g
	 * Technocrat: cost from 52g to 51g
	 * Steamcopter XP from 94 to 90
	 * Turboserker: added 'hit-run +2' to its ranged attack
	** Sky Kingdom:
	 * Shadow Mage: cost from 54g to 52g; added the 'Nocturnal Regeneration +3' ability
	 * Warmage XP from 115 to 105
	 * Sorcerer: mountains movement cost from 3 to 2
	** Summoners:
	 * Rhami'Kai: cost from 38g to 36g
	 * Neutral Summoner: cost from 56g to 54g
	 * Grand Summoner cost from 54g to 53g
	 * Earth Avatar: cost from 35g to 33g; XP from 105 to 90; fixed incorrect pierce resistance (65->55)
	 * Earth God: added a new melee attack (12-3) with the 'Shielded' weapon special; cost from 60g to 55g
	** Tharis:
	 * Dark Wizard: cost from 38g to 37g
	 * Great Hydra: cost from 38g to 36g
	 * Chaos Hydra: cost from 57g to 55g; added the 'Scavenger +2' ability
	 * Swordsdancer: added 'hit-run +2' to his ranged attack
	 * Dark Slayer: added the 'Bloodlust +3' ability (not in RPG)
	 * Blademaster: added the 'Bloodlust +4' ability (not in RPG)
	 * Dark Assassin: added the 'Bloodlust +3' ability (not in RPG)
	 * Shadow Blade: added the 'Bloodlust +4' ability (not in RPG)
	 * Dark Executioner: added the 'Nocturnal Regeneration +3'
	 * Frontliner: added the 'Bloodlust +3' ability (not in RPG)
	 * Crimsom Blade: added the 'Bloodlust +4' ability (not in RPG)
	 * Dark General: added the 'Nocturnal Regeneration +3' ability
	 * Dark Warlord: added the 'Nocturnal Regeneration +5' ability
 ### Abilities
	* replaced 'goblin/orcish/troll leader' abilities with a single 'racial leader' ability
	* renamed the 'fiery glow' ability to 'illuminates (weak)'
	* renamed the 'swamp ambush' ability to 'swamp lurk'
	* changed the 'water' ability into 'water regeneration +6'
	* changed the activated 'rune aura' ability name to 'rune aura (active)'
	* removed the 'forest regeneration' ability
	* made water and swamp regeneration susceptible to magic absorption
 ### Descriptions
	* improved the 'voice of darkness' ability description
	* improved the 'nature detox' ability description
	* improved the 'heals undead' ability description
	* improved the 'heals' ability description
	* improved the 'fungal regeneration' ability description
	* improved 'solar' and 'nocturnal regeneration' ability descriptions
 ### Code
	* replaced multiple healing ability macros with one macro with {VALUE}
	* replaced multiple regenerating ability macros with one macro with {VALUE}
	* replaced custom water regeneration ability macros with one macro with {VALUE}
	* replaced custom repair ability macros with one macro with {VALUE}
	* the 'swamp regeneration' ability macro uses {VALUE} now
	* the 'hit and run +2' ability in Drone.cfg uses a corresponding macro now
	* moved the 'fiery glow' ability from Fire_Avatar.cfg and Fire_Elemental.cfg to abilities.cfg
	* moved the 'water regeneration +4' ability to healing.cfg
	* improved text formatting of various ability names
	* added _REGENERATION suffix to all terrain-specific regeneration macros
 ### Translations
	* updated the raw translation file
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo, been viewing other unviewed units from previous wave of repricements, still there are still things to figure out.

But the main resume of all the previous wave of repricement was about an overall analysis of all B-Tier and viewing if their price is being correctly settled, which in many cases after a somewhat detailed review most of them were over-priced.

Still, there are some A to A+ tier units that their cost efficiency is doubtfully debatible in their lv2 versions and even some in their proper lv3 variations.

Destroyers have only 2 pending cases to review, which are Lv2 and Lv3 atokpis and Cyclops mage in lv2 or above. First to mention is that lv2 atokpis are quite useful specially even if being somewhat low priced, while not the tankiest fighters at all, both options having two attack types and ranged alike makes Atokpi a good cheapest option in master's era. Lv3 atokpis are (at least by me) fairly priced as I personally had more perference over them over most lv3 units in desotryers army and ofc, more test-based than most units in the whole era.

While Greater Cyclops is way an harder case, even if 25-1 or 13-2 are not high damages for mage at all, they're the same values than lv2 dark sorcerer in default era, but also having additional +plague in ranged, thing that is the most difficult element to rate correctly. Same thing occurs in lv3 cyclops. Also having HIGH accuracy +magical in a single deadly strike is way much better to avoid being ranged by many units because of the risk of being 1 shot killed OR even dealing full damage againist ranged slower if missing the very first strike slowing (slowing melee only 2 units have that, hydromancer and water avatar). Last thing to mention is that AI loved to spam these for some reason ... I think I will buff arcane resistance to 10% more because literally nobody get's sucessful in abusing this unit and well, destroyers need ranged artillery.

Punisher being a strong lv2 with certain AwE capacity and costing 44g for lv2 I didn't find it too expensive to afford. Obliterator feels expensive but the few times I used this unit it ended being a beast !! kind of exquisite expensive situational unit.

By me all melee berserkers in EoMa feels correctly balanced (they all costing more than Lv2 default berserker, but all of them being BETTER units). Steam berserker being pretty expensive 42g but by me justificated because it can be used at more rounds even againist MELEE fighters becuase of sick blade/pierce ressistances and capacity to Lv3 and becoming even stronger and full rehealing, being the only unit that can do this by spending less than 100 XP (in 100% XP modifier) and not just rehealing but also gaining more stats. Cannot price this unit lower because a GOOD player can take huge profit from this aspect.

Sorcerer is still in debate, 41g feels bit costy, what about 40g? more round prices makes experience more smooth, also I do not think 1g can define the outcome of a game, specially in an unit that will be very weird that a player buys more than 3 of them. Lv2 and L3 Elementalist advancements were highly tested by me, so I'm sure their pricing is fair and depens in each situacion which each one of them you might be hiring. Most units that I've used in Sky Kingdom army did not get lowered in their pricing as their ressults are fairly good even with their lv2 and lv3 high pricing.

In Summoners faction, two units need of a review, specially considering this previous wave of cheaper pricing among era of masters. Great jinni I'm almost sure that it costing 42g instead of 44g would be a better idea. 7-4 for 44g is quite cost inneficient even if the unit has other features, but magical ranged damage is important criteria to judge unit (drains and regens are pretty much valuable, but... 7-4 for 44g is too low for that price). About lv2 Efreeti, this one case is much harder to rate correctly as unit has more mobility (6 instead of 5), 50% flat defense instead of 40% which is an important difference and even higher regenerates value. About lv3 ones... didn't test them much, but they're super strong units and for now I think their pricing looks correct. Lv3 ifreeti is an insanely strong lv3 that not only has lv3 mage damages but also hsa 7 flying movement which makes them to cover large areas of map even in very rough terrain, and also, not being completely countered by fire resistant/magical resistant units. Need to test if Banisher feels correct even with their higher pricement recently, but I was not counting in lowering lots of units pricement just little later, thing that I've to view more carefully, I think will decrease his costs to 55g.

About Tharis, lv2 pricement feels almost completely fine, didn't face much issues with lv2 pricement at all. Maybe lv2 witches too costy? You can get more HP and damage alike with her's gold and her sustain is quite hard to use correctly, also counting on a situational slowing attack is always good, but still I feel it's like a bit overpriced. Lv3 Tharis used to be overpriced, but instead of being lowered of price, they got extras by costing the same! which will increase their cost efficiency significantly. The few lv3 tharis that I've recruited in my 60x55 testing had strong pressence, which is good for units that costs more than 50g's and indicator that recruiting even ONE of them will be reflected in field's ressult somehow. Still only one lv3 tharis unit pricement doesn't convice me that much which is Lv3 Matriarch of Pain. While gaining only 10 more HP's than lv2 , they recive the same damage againist most enemies (unless cold/fire), but the fact that any attack/strike she hits will heal her by 1 HP, which usually should of work well unless being burst by 2 strikes powerhout unit (Lv3 Melee Cyclops for example), so I think repricing her by lower is a much better idea for now and giving her +Magic-Counter in her melee.

Balance Propossals:

- Sorcerer price from 41g to 40g (price more smooth xd)
- Great Jinni price from 44g to 42g
- Banisher price from 57g to 55g
- Great Witch price from 38g to 36g

Lv2 to Lv4 destroyer's cyclops
- Arcane resistance +10% their actual values.
It's not very relevant buff, still I personally think this unit is bit to weak in some survival scenarios or just that I did not see them yet in PRO's hands, which is a valid creteria to try a silly buff like this.

Matriarch of Pain
- Now gets +Magic-Counter in her melee.
- Price from 55g to 51g
Hopefully this might help her to deal better againist Nightmares and Fire avatar in defensive formations, specially feeling more different from lv2 variation.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo, I post in here again because I realized of something that could be significantly improved... certain lv0's that are bit too strong, also propossals to place them in a more correct place.

This one post is much shorter than usual because there is not much left to list.

Balance Propossal

Dimensional Gate
- Movement from 4 to 5
- Unwalkable / Mountain / deep-water defense from 50% to 40%
- Mountain movement cost from 1 to 2
- Swallow water movement cost from 1 to 2 (to prevent certain abuses... :( )
- Price from 11g to 14g
This list of changes is intened to first decrease cost efficiency in survival maps (which is easy getting 1 free kill from AI) and second the extra movement also makes the unit be easier to use in PVP and not slowing summoners army when considering the use of this unit. Remember that also hiring a lv0 also saves you from 1 upkeep per turn.

This changes will not affect Dimensional Gate II at being something more exotic and much rarer.

Goblin Kamikaze
- Impact attack damage from 15-1 to 13-1
This is a buff for all units that are at least 25% fire resistance or higher againist this unit, while not scalling anymore if fire resistant is above 35% res value if not combined of impact ressistance too. I remember once giving this addition to impact-attack in order to not be completely useless againist fire-inmunity units, but thing is that in certain scenarios (like scrolling survival) when spammed in swarms it's quite annoying to deal with this unit (like a specific scrolling survival scenario...)

Lv3 toads gaining regen+10 in Swamps
I once mentioned as optional to implement this option, but by far I think that now applying only to lv3 toads is just better instead of incluiding lv2 toads into this buff.

Edit:
Goblin Shaman / Goblin Druid
- Aligment change from Chaotic to Neutral.
This unit was literally designed to give Barbarians a viable ranged unit againist Fire Elementals specially in PVP. Before the release of this unit, there was a big huge hole about barbarians not being capable to deal fire elementals correctly. Changing shaman & druids aligment will make this unit be even better for this very specific purpose as their damage will not decrease by fire elementals & advancement illuminates.

Goblin Wizard is more designed for offensive, so its aligment remains chaotic.