Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.9.7

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 3.9.7 is now available!

This particular update focuses on balancing various units (38 to be precise) and is based on IPS' findings and suggestions (thanks! :D ). It does not yet include recently proposed units: Orcish Chief and Goblin Invader - they will arrive in 3.10 so stay tuned! :D

That's it for now. I am on a short Wesbreak now, but expect more content in November and December ;)

3.9.7 changelog:

Code: Select all

## Version 3.9.7
 ### Gameplay
	* rebalanced lvl2 leaders: Punisher now starts with Slow and Weak traits, Atokpi Samurai now starts with Dexterous trait and Greater Cyclops now starts with Strong trait.
 ### Units
	** Destroyers:
	 * Mara: HP from 32 to 35; melee accuracy from Magical to both Magical(offensive) and Enchanted
	 * Apocalypse: HP from 38 to 40; cost from 52 to 54g
	 * Dark Apostle: HP from 45 to 52; AMLA XP from 100 to 200; impact and fire resistances from 60% to 50%, arcane resistance from 20% to 15%
	 * Bone Golem: XP from 100 to 90
	 * Moloch: AMLA XP from 100 to 200
	 * Abaddon: AMLA XP from 140 to 200
	 * Titania: AMLA XP from 100 to 164
	** Barbarians:
	 * Troll Warlock: AMLA XP from 100 to 150
	 * Goblin Raider: AMLA XP from 100 to 126; Poisoned Bolt damage from 10-3 to 11-3, Split fire damage from 8-2 to 9-2, Net damage from 5-3 to 6-3
	 * Goblin Assassin: Bolas damage from 6-3 to 5-3
	 * Goblin Veteran: XP from 100 to 90
	 * Cyclops Lord: cost from 60 to 63g
	** Darkblood Alliance
	 * Saurian Assassin: AMLA XP from 100 to 126
	 * Jungle Champion: AMLA XP from 100 to 126
	 * Temple Guard: AMLA XP from 100 to 150
	 * Battletoad: HP from 62 to 64 ; XP from 94 to 103
	 * Toad Archer: HP from 58 to 61 ; XP from 85 to 93
	 * Toad Shaman: HP from 58 to 61 ; XP from 100 to 110
	 * Dreadnought: HP from 78 to 81
	 * Twin Archer: Toad HP from 75 to 78
	 * Toad Mystic: HP from 70 to 73
	 * Salamander: fire resistance from -10% to 10%, cold resistance from 0% to -10%
	 * Black Salamander: fire resistance from -10% to 10%, ranged damage lowered from 4-4 to 3-4
	 * Blue Salamander: fire resistance from -10% to 10%, cold resistance from 10% to 0%
	 * Green Salamander: fire resistance from -10% to 10%, cold resistance from 0% to -10%
	 * Yellow Salamander: cold resistance from 0% to -10%; Kunai ranged attack now has the Bleeding weapon special
	** Sky Kingdom:
	 * Master of Elements: AMLA XP from 150 to 200
	 * Mirrorshield: AMLA XP from 111 to 126
	 * Sky Guardian: AMLA XP from 100 to 126
	 * Hydromancer: icicles attack readjusted from 3-7 Magical to 3-8 Enchanted
	 * Master of Water: icicles attack readjusted from 3-10 Magical to 4-9 Enchanted
	 * Sculptor: entrapment spell damage from 5-3 to 4-3; petrifying spell now has the 'attack-only' special
	 * Architect: Petrifying spell will now has the 'attack-only' special
	 * Golem: HP from 42 to 43; XP from 60 to 54
	** Summoners:
	 * Camel Master: AMLA XP from 100 to 126
	 * Water God: AMLA XP from 150 to 126
	 * Air God: AMLA XP from 150 to 175
	** Tharis
	 * Dark Executioner: AMLA XP from 100 to 150
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo, been a long while and I was debating with myself if doing some balance adjustment to Atokpi and Nightmares.

Will first explain why lv2 Atokpi samurai and Advancement will get a buff in cold ressistance.

Atokpi: From what I've seen, in hard scenarios as of Arena Survival or Scrolling Survivals atokpi dies quite easily considering the fact that they have like -7 HP than an average fighter, as well of having chance for one only trait instead of two, which decreases chances of getting Resilent trait, or which impairs it the most, resilent combined of another good trait like Strong, Quick or even Inteligent. Additionally, atokpis can of get Dexterous trait which even it helps in marksman ranged or super-charge +precision it quite helps, but will not do as much as Strong trait for example.

I'm expecting that with this cold ressistance buff, they become signficantly more tankier than other advancement, which actually has more specials and actually benefits way more from external stats upgrades.

About Nightmares, I think it might be a good idea trying decreasing slightly cold and arcane ressistance a little bit , I think this will not impair much these units in regular gameplay, but can of make a significant difference in gamemodes that gives external stats upgrades like Orocia or even in RPG, considering the combination of magical with drains is quite powerful. They also have a lot more health than default ghosts.

Been considering that a slight arcane resistance buff to also all non-necromancer cyclops could be a quite decent idea, they're low in HP and they usually take a lot of physical damages. Never seen people abusing this units really hard unlike Maras and Vortex in Ageless, so I think this buff can be quite friendly for destroyers balance

Balance propossal adjustments
- Lv2 Atokpi Samurai and advancements will now get 20% cold ressistance instead of 10%, Edit: Lv2 samurai HP from 48 to 50.
- Lv1 Nightmare cold ressistance from -15% to -20% , Arcane resistance from 5% to 0%
- Lv2 Mara cold resistance from -10% to -15% , Arcane resistance from 10% to 5%
- Lv3 Apocalypse and Lv4 Dark Apostle cold ressistance from -5% to -10% , Arcane resistance from 15% to 10%
- Lv2 Greater Cyclops Skeleton Arcane resistance from 0% to 10%
- Lv3 Extinct Cyclops Mage & Advancement arcane resistance from 10% to 15%

Btw, something to mention that I could consider important, is that when I try to view the unit files ingame of lv3 cyclops and then click to its advancement, it kicks me out of unit description tab and I have to review it again, I'm not sure if actually leveling a lv3 cyclops can cause OSS or kick you from game.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Awesome news!
Author of:
DIY Campaign, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 1, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 2, Frogfolk Delivery Service, The Pool of Ek.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Hi over there, this time I have not that much to say, just some observations based in AE - Era of Magic and few related balance issues pending as well of comenting an already fixed siutation with Sky Kingdom Hydromancers.

Matriarch of Emptiness: Even if the unit used to be more magic resistant in previous version, but it used to not have ranged in older times as well. Altought not being capable of taking 1 damage to 3 attack types, still in many situations her ranged even if not that high (12-1 of magical, anti armor) is in sometimes way higher damage than the damage that some mages can deal to her (fact that is highly strong from this unit). Actually this unit is quite devastating in RPG or survival maps because of combining this facts with 2 melee attack types with +Drains.

This unit is the best example why any healthy army should always have physical ranged (mostly , kind of archer or if very lucky a Physical mage) and not focusing only in mages, fact I really thanks a lot to this unit which can take down armies with a very specific deficiency and to make archers more valuable.

My suggestion to this case is one of the two: Removing magical special on her ranged or decreasing attack accuracy to +Enchanted (always 60%), she's quite beast in survivals and in overall when fed with tons of XP or extra upgrades as proven in many Ageless games.

Hydromancer (partially fixed): This other unit, had his own league and tier in Ageless games. Being healer, 3 attack types magical in ranged, being capable to slows in both melee and ranged, made of this unit the most formidable unit in whole Sky Kingdom army in Late game, reason why Ice-cles got this rework to more damage, lower accuracy and one less strikes (altought, being a stronger attack theorically if no external upgrades on lv3). This nerf was quite very needed to make other sky kingdom mages be more an option and not only having as other viable option the Master Mage which if stronger offensively is a lot more XP hunger and cannot heal or regenerates himself, reason why going this option is much more risky than over building a single but earlier very strong hydromancer. Hope that with this , Fire Master, Air Master and Earth Master can have a better placement in Sky Kingdom meta.

By own experience, Master Mage even if being stronger offensively, is not as abusable as Hydramancer can be in Ageless because of the risk it leads to player to try that, risk that is almost inexistant to train a very early Hydromancer and then buff with XP mod upgrades.

IPS, what about Air God breaking Ageless balance?
Sadly, not all interventions should be correctly done in Era of Magic itself, still, there was a tons of nerf that this unit had, like the lightning from being a magical attack is now marksman which decreases by a lot it's damage output when gaining way lots of external damage/strikes upgrades (specially in defense). As well recently Air God got nerfs in arcane resistance at lowering one of the aspect that were the most unfair of this unit about being almost inmune to one type of mages, and its regenerates values got lower in all levels (from +8 in all levels to +4/+6/+6 , which isn't much, but helps at a better balance in any game mode).

Also, Ageless sometimes does interventions like +un-upgradable(n) where N is the maximun number of strikes that unit can have, forcing the unit to not have more strikes than that mount (combined with the addition of a similar attack but without this special, which if gains more strikes will have same damage), still scalling from extra damage upgrades, and as well, Ageless can remove/alterate attacks from very specific units like how in Ageless UM can't UM strike 15-1 because I considered that removing that one attack was a more correct idea than nerfing Mu barrage. Topic that a day, I will of consider mentioning about removing +Marksman to Ageless Air elementals (only melee? or maybe both ranges? for Ageless) and advancement in ageless to make that group of units much less overpowered in Ageless gameplay, combined of the already done nerfs to Arcane ressistance, regenerates and ranged accuracy that already did occur in Era of Magic.

But in terms of stats, air god being this godly good is not surprise, being an unit with +215% between all the resistances (while ghost is +220%) , but ghost being handicaped by XP mod drainer handicap (+50% XP cost for upgrades using this mod) and Air elementals being 60% defense everywhere and having skirmisher, makes this unit really tricky and hard to counter, specially in large maps and with tons of gold.

Altought not enormously nerfed, but when a day these changes in EoMa gets ported to Ageless, the difference will be notisable and Air Gods be blatantly less overpowered than they used to be, same with some groups of units in Era of Magic.

Also as an advice, I'm expecting that Harbinger and Doom Calls will be entering in this group of units because of many of the same reasons as Air Elemental is here, but it will not be any worse for overall balance as Air Elemental is already (maybe, plague can struggle quite much, and maybe players will consider not recruiting any more cyclops.... but need to see how players reacts to the addition of this unit before viewing what exactly doing a next time) ... still, I was thinking because of this same reason, nerfing lv2 Melee accuracy to +Enchanted before all this occurs.

So inclusion, appart of the tons of spoken here, the only balance propossals that I'm actually really be giving as balance suggestion to era of magic might be:

- Matriarch of Emptiness ranged accuracy decrease to +Enchanted or no specials.
- Harbinger melee accuracy from +Magical to +Enchanted (this makes more notisable the lv3 melee damage upgrade at being now +1 dmg and +10% hit chance)
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Thinking of doing clean import of EoMa to ageless during end of december.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

@Ravana: I am going to add 3 new units to EoMa before 2023 and maybe fix some missing eoma_ prefixes in a few places, so I'd suggest you to wait for that last update this year before you do the clean import.
There are also plans for changing IDs of all units to match their names, but I am going to do this later in 2023 for the upcoming new stable 1.18.

@IPS: thanks for the excellent feedback, as always. A few days ago I implemented most of your ideas from your previous post, but haven't released the new version yet (due to a lack of time). I think I'll release 3.9.8 (or 3.10) once the new units are ready ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

Been a real while since my last posting here, still, issues are everytime harder and harder to realize, as everytime there will be less obvious over the time if most relevant are detected and then fixed.

Report situation, specific cases.

Lv2 Sculptor and Lv3 Architect nerfs
This is quite easy to explain, the combination of +precision and +slows in an attack, and being a different damage type from its main attack is quite rough in many gameplays, when gaining a tons of damages upgrades this unit from cold mage suits its role to physical mage because of the impact ranged with even higher accuracy and slows debuff. This is quite alarming on this line, so ranged accuracy will be decreased which means the unit will lose some chance of slowing at first strike and in hitting all 3 strikes (but but not by quite much). Sculptor in ageless is pre-buff of movement in lv2, so lv2 doesn't need that as having better physical ressistance than black mage. Lv3 will also, lose only ranged accuracy still not the 6th movement point.

Jinni melee rework
This unit in very specific situations, can cause certain real problems in balance because of ... having all 3 magical attack types, a physical attack in melee and optional ranged attack that is also +anti-armor as 5th attack type (units usually tagged at having 3 attakc types are conisdered very strong ... combining all 5 attacks are HIGH accuracy) which makes it a real cheese material for upgrades! so melee will be split in 2 strikes instead of 1, to avoid the problem of ALSO being hybrid fighter !! if gaining too many strikes upgrades. So melee will be split into 2 strikes in lv2, lv3 and lv4 because even allowing the unit to be at this current status is still very strong (also magical attacks can drain HP from enemies)

Magical/Precision Offensive/defense reconsiderations
This is the least important topic to talk about in here, but in SXRPG players can sell specials like "attack-only" , which leads players to benefit from magical or high accuracy attacks in very , but very specific gameplay ... there is no reason why the attack has to be +Magical if having +Attack-only as well, so this minor change is to replace +Magical to +Magical(offensive) or in case of defense or +precision being this exact same.

Gobling Wizard ranged attack type rework?
I got this idea really recently, why not making its arcane type to impact type for lightnings? this will also help goblign wizard at dealing more damages to other mages, and countering different units than Lv2 Gobling druid because of being different attack types. The values of the ranged attack would be the same, so, in terms of damage it's alright. Will be dealing less damage to certain melee fighters, still dealing more damage to units like Stridding Machines, Undead Cyclops, most type of mages, etc. As well of applying +stun debuff, that by itself, will not convince much players to get wizards instead of another healer. This has kind of logic because Runesmith lightnings are fire and Master mage lightnings are arcane ... why not gobbo's lightining being impact? that could of even have a rational explanation about lightning casters depending the race :lol: :lol: :lol:

Overall balance suggestions
Sculptor
- Ranged accuracy in 4-3 entrapment spell decreased to +Magical
- Movement from 6 to 5 (pre-buff values as in Ageless)
- petrifying spell +Magical replaced by +Magical(offensive)

Architect
- Ranged accuracy in 6-3 entrapment spell decreased to +Magical
- petrifying spell +Precision replaced by +Precision(offensive)

Great Jinni Scimitar attack damage readjusted from 11-1 to 6-2
Wonderful Jinni Scimitar attack damage readjusted from 15-1 to 8-2 +First-strike
Mystical Jinni Scimitar attack damage readjusted from 19-1 to 10-2 +First-strike
Problem is not raw damage, can of even reward unit with +first-strike in compensation of lossing heavy mounts of damages in many gamestyles, even keeping its element about being a bad idea meleeing in low HP to jinnis

Gobling Wizard ranged attack type changes from Arcane to Impact

Dark Portal & Infernal Vortex ranged from +Magical to +Magical(defense)

Great Efreeti destruction attack special replaced from +Magical to +Magical(offensive)

Rune Artist & Runemaster
- Lightning attack will be reworked to +Magical(offensive) and +Enchanted
To be honest, I abused from this unit in a very recent Orocia game lol, Lightning attack makes it almost inmuned to ranged because of everything dying too fast LOL

Dwarvish Runelord
- Gun attack will now have +Precision(offensive) and +Skilled
So in defense retaliation will be 60% or higher, which is still really good.

Lv1 Runeadept & Lv2 Runesmith
- Hammer accuracy rework from +Skilled to +Enchanted
This is also, intentional to buff golems.

Master Mage & Master of Elements
- Lightning attack will be reworked to +Magical(offensive) and +Enchanted
Very similar the case of Rune Artist, unit with various attack types, and +Magical on melee.
Master of Fire & Master of Air, ignores this nerf, because of owning only 1 attack type in ranged... which will valorize more their roles.

Air God
- Eye of the storm attack will to +Magical(offensive) and +Enchanted
This ranged attack is IMPACT, while its main attack is arcane, which makes a significant difference in certain situations.

Master of Water
- Bubble attack will to +Magical(offensive) and +Enchanted
Unit owns 3 attack types in ranged, all of them considered high accuracy, and already too powerful in actual meta!

Master of Earth
- Stones attack will now get +First-strike
Marksman defense is not a so good special, why not +first-strike too

Swamp Mage & Chosen of March
- Dammed Flame damage decrease from 30-1 to 24-1 (Lv3) & Blade ressistance to 0% (+10% buff)
- Dammed Flame damage decrease from 40-1 to 32-1 (Lv4)
In Ageless, it's super nerfed with the +un-upgreadable(1) skill, which in ageless un-allow this unit to get more than 1 strike here.
Both ranged are Fire type , so damage type to not harm slows chances... still viewing what kind of optional attack to give for these who get more than 1 strike in these units but in ageless in compesation of nerfed ranged.

This also, is to match its values for something more similar to other units with similar attacks (Fire Master) & (Great Efreeti) that also doesn't have +Slows and +Poison but instead are Area-of-Damage

Matriarch of Darkness
- Bloodgate accuracy lowered to +Precision(offensive) +Magical

Golem & War Golem
- Melee attacks will now have +Magic-counter(offensive)
A very weird buff, but saw interesting how golems could of counter in better ways any +Magical on melee even in ageless... being the very unique situation that owning +Magical on melee is worse than not having it... a nerfed runesmith will now 50% on melee to this unit
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well, another post spotting some other not so relevant things, but that are mostly for the good of Ageless Era balance, while thinking it well, it won't harm much EoMa balance at all.

Um - Um barrage damage from 3-12 to 3-11
Um AMLA XP from 150 to 175
While this nerf of -9% total damage (if in maximun HP) , the nerf is not very significant considering it's swam (sometimes one less strike in various mounts of HP, while in other times the same mount of strikes?)

Firts, 3 more or less damage (or even the same) damage dealt based in luck , is not a very nerfed interaction at all.

I once planned to decrease Lv3 Um barrage accuracy to +Enchanted, but makes no sense why lv0 would have higher accuracy than Lv3, but then much later, found more sense about the -1 strike nerf, which also considering the large mount of strikes of this unit, is a toy nerf compared to -10% accuracy chance.

But this has more large impact in times where players ges upgrades like +DMG upgrades in Orocia or from XP mod, in times that ONE more strike is like +10 DMG or even sometimes more. Also getting a x2.75 secret damage in form of 1-12 becoming to 3-11 is still really nice with so many mounts of strikes getting +2 damage per strike is really nice !!

Also Um already has 3 digits HP, which is beast!

Pacificator AMLA XP from 150 to 175
This unit is at a very similar situation over Mu, but this one has more base damage, will not swarm but also has lower terrain defenses, still, pretty tought to tank swarm of enemies, specially with buffed stats as in Orocia/XP mod.

Toads with the recents nerfs from recent times are in a much worse tier list as they used to be, so their AMLA XP's won't be changed, as I think they will not really bulk that well (compared to Um or Pacificators) swarms or situations in which it's attacked by more than 6 units in a turn , as Toads with nerfs is intended to bulk low/mid damage over various turns continosuly instead of being bursted in heavy siege in a single turn.

Also I'm not changing XP values to Infernal Vortex & Black Portals until I see people using them in real games (orocia , Scrolling Survivals, many others), as the -10% to all ressistances & +10% to impact (total of -40% between all 6 ressistances) will have a significant difference in making harder the Infernal Vortex abuse. Even will edit this post showing how I abused with a infernal vortex.

But idea of this nerfs is about nering the high RPG'ing potential of some units if getting too strong againist swarms of AI units in maps like orocia and many others (not exactly RPG, because you still own armies too).

But mainly, most of my previous feedback is from these previous 2 games. Also about Infernal Vortex, after viewing how does work this units with the nerf in ressistances, will see what treatment will be done in AE to balance this unit in scenarios.

Reason why theorically these games should have not go that fine, is because in both games one side was much weaker than how they could become in early game and even in late game.
Attachments
@3p - Orocia Random Mod replay 20221107-190016.gz
This one game, while my own testing with Runesmiths, is the reaon why I'm nerfing in mass all the ranged accuracy of these 1 massive magical strikes units that also are multi-attack types.
(144.88 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
@3p - Orocia Random Mod replay 20221108-195149.gz
Ageless verion, Portal abuse in turn +40's which was intended to be a suicidal move for the to perserve side 2 0 losses count (in which I successed in multiplayer!) ... but Infernal Vortex CLEANNED the wave and SURVIVED.
(146.87 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well, after a period of time... I got some really cool ideas to mention, about some changes, even one open for debate if implementing or not, but also my reasons why I think it would be a good idea to do it. This post won't be as long as many others, but still brings useful things ^_^

Polemic/Spicy: Avenger rework!?
Well, this is quite interesting, altought the most polemic point of all this post. Idea is about changing their +steadfast and +15% on all physical ressistances into 30% physical ressistances but removal of +Steadfast. This is mostly because in RPG and in Orocia gameplay (just in these 2 gamemodes) this unit is still way too strong in certain aspects.

Removing steadfast but increasing +15% physical ressistances will also make this unit take less damage when used offensively, so it's even being a buff to unit at least from this point! so Avenger can potentially be used offensively with less risks of increasing damage taken altought the lose of the 80% hit on defense.

Only negative point is their arcane in defense dropping from 40% to 20% , altought, will increase a bit arcane ressistance too. Which if affected by circle of suceptibility , unit's ressistances will not drop from +5% / +10% and will go to +15% at both attack and defense and is less affected againist ressitances debuffes in comparation of previous version with +steadfast but lower ressitances.

Kharosian Impaler getting +magic-counter in melee
This would lead this unit to be the second unit having this special ... not only in offensive (as gobling wizard) , but idea is , the unit unit have also a more significant role at dealing with hordes of nightmares / mara from destroyers, as well, tanking better the Fire Gods.

This buff even if not very significant in ageless because the rare mount of +magical/enchanted in melee, makes this unit way more useful in EoMa ecosystem and making it even more valuable to adquire. This buff will make it be better againist units that all of them are in higher tier list than Impaler, so this change is clearly welcome!

Balance Propossals

Avenger:
- Blade/pierce/impact ressistances from 15% to 30% , but removal of +steadfast.
- Arcane ressistance from 20% to 30%

Kharosian Impaler
- Melee attack now adquiring +Magic-Counter
- Price from 48g to 50g
Which in combination of the slight 15% fire ressistance , works well againist specific units (fire elementals & all mara variants)

Gobling Wizard
- Lightning attack type change from arcane to impact
- Price from 33g to 36g
I know I mentioned this in previous post, but I forgot about changing prices. Impact is way much better attack type in the era, and is precisely the most valuable in an advancement that can change attack types OR keep it. Unit deserves to cost more as somes players will combine it with troll spam making healing aspect a not so relevant part of this unit unlike in druid variant. Also higher cold damage in slows which still counts as an additional point.

Inspired
- HP from 36 to 38
- Bow getting +first-strike (so it can bother at least)
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well, this is also another posting about fewer balance changes and suggestion for lv3 Avenger, as if steadfast is removed, but +revenge element is maintained, then that unit is not that much abusable because of combining very powerful +80% hit chance defense with +steadfast.

Adding an advancement to this unit, would be being more fair with avenger in comparation of their counterparts that both of them can actually lv3.

New unit suggestion: Lv3 Avenger!
Kharosian Legionarie Lv3
HP: 69
Movement: 5
10-3 Pierce melee +revenge +shielded (bulkwark don't has this in pierce attack)
17-1 Impact melee +revenge +shielded (same as bulkwark)
12-1 Pierce range
XP for AMLA: 150 (same as bulwark)
Price: 51g

Ressistances: same as of Lv2 Avenger, but 40% to arcane.

It's defenetively the worst leveling of all 3 lv3 shielders, but still, not necessairly all games are played using XP mod. Still this unit can be the response againist Golden Warrior spam in a mirror match in Kharos vs Kharos in Master's era. As defenetively, it's meta spamming these guys againist another kharosian player and it's very likely that this unit really needs to exist. Even the 40% arcane ressistance to be more resistant to arcane stops really much the ranged harass from Silver/Gold warriors.

Lv3 toad buffs.
Yep, I'm still worried about how many players are going to fall like flies because I see them cheesing with toad spam in scrolling survival & even in orocia/other survivals. Nerf of slight lower ressistances and many terrains that they instead of be 50% defense will now be 40% can really harm players who still depend in how overpowered this unit used to be before the EoMa balance updates from February - Right now in 2022's.

- All lv3 toads will have +2 HP their current values.
(With this, the total rework is of +3 on all lv2 (except for melee who got only +2 HP) and a total of +5 to all lv3 toads if counting previous buff.)

5 HP is not worth the lots that toad did lose, but will help to maintain them more time alive even in unluckier times. If I realize lv3 toads are being underperforming then I can suggest to increase regenerates value from +8 to +10 in case if they REALLY need it (need to really see multplayer lobbies, even testing them by myself to can judge) or in any other case as an alternative maybe some more HP's but I don't know, +5 HP is still not so bad at all.

Will need to wait when all thees changes get released to see ingame impact and how all will work, but likely 85% of all suggested did work smooth and even fine, even new units like Harbinger & Doom calls.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.10 - 3 new units!

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 3.10 is now available!
eoma_3.10_promo.gif
eoma_3.10_promo.gif (1.15 MiB) Viewed 966 times

This major release features 3 new units including the long awaited level 4 unit: Chronomancer! There are also tons of balance tweaks based on recent feedback from IPS.

Let's talk about the main star of the update - Chronomancer:
chronomancer.png
chronomancer.png (13.16 KiB) Viewed 966 times
This extremely powerful level 4 mage from Sky Kingdom can manipulate the very flow of time around himself preventing his opponents from retaliating. The unique "chrono aura" ability once activated, significantly slows down enemies for one turn, making them easier to hit - it boosts chance to hit of all adjacent friendly units by 20% (including self) and allows them to strike first (dealing with elusive ninja-like units, has never been so easy!). There's also another interesting effect happening - all enemies adjacent to Chronomancer due to being inside his time bubble have their chance to hit reduced by 30%. The best thing is activating the "chrono aura" doesn't cost move points (only gold) so a single Chronomancer can buff (or debuff) multiple units along his path - but this effect only lasts one turn. Then it has to be reactivated, so make it count! It's also worth noting that when the aura is on, Chronomancer gets the skirmisher ability, so he can easily sneak behind enemy lines or perform a tactical retreat when in serious danger. This unit is the final and the most powerful unit of the Subversive Mage unit line. Together with Guru of Magic and Master of Elements he seals Sky Kingdom's unquestionable magical superiority over other factions. 8)

The second new unit is Goblin Invader:
invader.png
invader.png (11.34 KiB) Viewed 966 times
This agile little brat with spiky punk-like hair, equipped with a torch and a spear is a lvl3 advancement for Goblin Veteran (Barbarians). Despite lacking any sort of magical attacks, his great mobility should never be underestimated. He's a skirmisher, can hit you hard, quickly invade your territory, burn some stuff with his torch and run behind other units, so good luck catching him. ;)

The last new addition to EoMa is Orcish Chieftain:
orcishchieftain-small.png
orcishchieftain-small.png (18.25 KiB) Viewed 966 times
This strong warrior is a bigger and nastier version of lvl2 Orcish Warbanner also from the Barbarians faction. He's tough, he's mean and will surely introduce you to his battle axe if you dare to face him so you better watch out!

I'd like to thank ForestDragon for his amazing ideas on Chronomancer ;) Together we managed to achieve an interesting gameplay mechanics for this unit. However, we suspect Chronomancer to be a little OP in his current form, so if you believe you can help us improve the balance, we are all ears.
I would also like to thank IPS for his incredibly detailed feedback! :D Thanks to his analytic work I could focus on other aspects of the era like animations, art and coding. Thanks!

@IPS: I like the idea of Kharosian Legionnaire. Because it showed up very recently, I didn't mange to include it in 3.10 but I am sure it will be available in the next update ;)
For those who are interested, here's the current status table with planned units:
planned-for-3.10.1.jpg
Full changelog:

## Version 3.10
 ### Gameplay
	* added 3 new units: Chronomancer (Sky Kingdom), Goblin Invader and Orcish Chieftain (Barbarians)
### Units
	** Barbarians:
	 * Goblin Wizard: cost from 33g to 36g; ranged attack type changed from Arcane to Impact
	** Darkblood Alliance:
	 * Swamp Mage: Dammed Flame damage decreased from 30-1 to 24-1; Blade resistance to 0% (+10% buff)
	 * Chosen of Marsh: Dammed Flame damage decrease from 40-1 to 32-1; Blade resistance to 0% (+10% buff)
	 * Dreadnought: HP from 81 to 83
	 * Toad Mystic: HP from 73 to 75
	 * Twin Archer Toad: HP from 78 to 80
	** Destroyers:
	 * Atokpi Samurai: HP from 48 to 50; cold resistance from 10% to 20%
	 * Atokpi General: HP from 48 to 50; cold resistance from 10% to 20%
	 * Nightmare: cold resistance from -15% to -20%, arcane resistance from 5% to 0%
	 * Mara: cold resistance from -10% to -15%, arcane resistance from 10% to 5%
	 * Apocalypse: cold resistance from -5% to -10%, arcane resistance from 15% to 10%
	 * Dark Apostle cold resistance from -5% to -10%, arcane resistance from 15% to 10%
	 * Greater Cyclops Skeleton: arcane resistance from 0% to 10%
	 * Extinct Cyclops Mage: arcane resistance from 10% to 15%
	 * Fallen Cyclops King: arcane resistance from 10% to 15%
	 * Harbinger: melee accuracy from Magical to Enchanted
	 * Dark Portal: ranged attack accuracy from Magical to Magical(defense)
	 * Infernal Vortex: ranged attack accuracy from Magical to Magical(defense)
	** Kharos:
	 * Avenger: blade/pierce/impact resistances from 15% to 30%, arcane resistance from 20% to 30%; removed Steadfast
	 * Kharosian Impaler: melee attack got Magic-Counter
	 * Inspired: cost from 48 to 50g; HP from 36 to 38; Bow got first-strike
	** Runemasters:
	 * Rune Artist: lightning attack accuracy changed to Magical(offensive) and Enchanted
	 * Runemaster: lightning attack accuracy changed to Magical(offensive) and Enchanted
	 * Dwarvish Runelord: gun attack accuracy changed to Precision(offensive) and Skilled
	 * Runeadept: hammer accuracy changed from Skilled to Enchanted
	 * Runesmith: hammer accuracy changed from Skilled to Enchanted
	 * Pacificator: AMLA XP from 150 to 175
	** Sky Kingdom:
	 * Sculptor: movement from 6 to 5; entrapment spell accuracy from Precision to Magical; petrifying spell Magical replaced with Magical(offensive)
	 * Architect: entrapment spell accuracy from Precision to Magical; petrifying spell Precision replaced with Precision(offensive)
	 * Master Mage: lightning attack accuracy changed to Magical(offensive) and Enchanted
	 * Master of Elements: lightning attack accuracy changed to Magical(offensive) and Enchanted
	 * Master of Water: bubble attack accuracy changed to Magical(offensive) and Enchanted
	 * Master of Earth: Stones attack got First-strike
	 * Golem & War Golem: melee attacks now have Magic-counter(offensive)
	 * Um: barrage damage from 3-12 to 3-11; AMLA XP from 150 to 175
	** Summoners:
	 * Great Jinni: Scimitar attack damage readjusted from 11-1 to 6-2
	 * Wonderful Jinni: Scimitar attack damage readjusted from 15-1 to 8-2 +First-strike
	 * Mystical Jinni: Scimitar attack damage readjusted from 19-1 to 10-2 +First-strike
	 * Great Efreeti destruction attack accuracy changed from Magical to Magical(offensive)
	 * Air God: eye of the storm attack accuracy changed to Magical(offensive) and Enchanted
	** Tharis:
	 * Matriarch of Emptiness: ranged accuracy from Magical to Enchanted
	 * Matriarch of Darkness: Bloodgate accuracy changed to Precision(offensive) + Magical
 ### Abilities
	* added the Chrono Aura ability
 ### Translations
	* updated the raw translation file
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

Been testing the new Lv4 unit and conclusions are pretty much devastating!!! :shock:

The images are listed by me the most extreme/drastic/overpowere interactions that you can even get using Chronomancer :eng:
So very likely values have to get lowered a bit to make this work more fairly :mrgreen:

Still, do not judge the aura because of this extreme interactions, requiring 20g ruins the possibility to even use this aura in most of situations because of late/end-game is likely not in all surivals you will save gold to can do this, STILL, a good reward for who is capable to do such strategical management.

Top 2 most overpowered interaction. Always used to 70% magical, dealing againist Sky Guardian (both melee and ranged).
Top 2 most overpowered interaction. Always used to 70% magical, dealing againist Sky Guardian (both melee and ranged).

TOP 2 -- Sky Guardian vs Fire God
Altought, +magical is usually related to high accuracy , still, in this very weird interaction, Fire God accuracy may be decreased to only 40% at ranged (which is more misses than hits), while in melee range, if combined of +magic-counter it can even go to a massive chance hit decrease to only 20% of being hit!.

This interaction have this requeriments:
1.- Fire God being next to Chronomancer and being debuffed, which means, it doesn't matter if Sky Guardian is or not buffed.
2.- The 20% hit chance againist Fire God can only happen in your turn, because of +magic-counter(offensive)
3.- In case you want to 70% hit chance againist Fire God, then buff your Sky Guardian with Chronomancer.
4.- If you want both 70% hit chance to Fire God and 20% hit chance retaliation in melee or 40% at ranged, then you have to debuff and debuff each unit respectively.

What is more OP than decreasing magical from 70% to 40% (except if added magic counter to 20%) ??? having 100% defense lol
What is more OP than decreasing magical from 70% to 40% (except if added magic counter to 20%) ??? having 100% defense lol

TOP 1 - Sky Guardian (buffed) vs Sky Guardian (debuffed)
The main reason why modificating chance to hit values is something very delicate, is because ofc, because of this fantastic unit Sky Guardian and their other variants. This fantastic 0% chance of being hit, literally gives physical inumunity to Sky Guardian (or even fire/cold/arcane/secret, if no special skills that boost hit chances) ... meaning this unit is capable of dealing damage and working like a weird +no-counter-attack.

This requires the very specific situation:
1.- Sky Guardian must be in 70% terrain defense
2.- Sky Guardian must be buffed by Chronomancer
3.- Enemey unit has to also be debuffed by Chronomancer

But given the 3 required situations, you can act one of most overpowered-ever interactions with an unit that has +skirmisher as Chronomancer has, meaning its not that difficutl to trigger this situation.

Conclution:
1.- Aura works too againist +Magical , +Precision.
2.- Applies after +Skilled/+Marksman/+Revenge chances , which means their chance to hit will drop by -30% less their normal value.
3.- Maybe the most overpowered point of all, Chronomancer activates this aura, and it will trigger in all 6 tiles next to him , while moving, acting like +Leadership that boosts your own units while also debuffing enemy units too! This mean, the amount of units affected by this aura a single turn (specially if QUICK trait Chronomancer) can be huge if used correctly (even if requiring a lot of skill).

4.- Intentionally, picked the two most exagerated and extreme interactions, so in overall aspects, the impact of this aura is not as big in a normal situation as in these 2 screenshot LOL.
5.- Lv4 Chronomancer has very poor stats gain for a lv4 advancement, but gains a lot of extra stuff like +Skirmisher, +no-counter-attack and it's gold-consuming aura.
6.- To enjoy of this type of interactions, you have to save gold and avoid negative income for real long, which means it's NOT even considerable in a lot of situations because of requiring gold.

Balance Propossals:
--- Make Chronomancer have a free aura that boosts +5% chance to hit to allies and -5% chance to hit for enemies.
--- 20g activation, increases both hit accuracy to +10% and decreases enemy hit chance by -20% (80% defense cap, can't be higher)
--- Hit chance buff from +20% to +10% , but with the advantage that you don't depend on spending gold to make it work slightly.
--- Hit chance debuff at enemies from -30% to -20% (so magical can act like 50% or 50/50 in hit/miss which is equivalent of +Magic-counter interaction) and avoiding the 0% hit chance over Swift Foot lol.
--- Void Mage Lv3 mage XP to Lv4 from 150 to 214 (standarized lv3 to lv4 requeriments) --- value that is 150 XP in 70% XP modifier if not inteligent trait.
--- Unit suggestion: Kharosian Cataphract

I think, +10% hit chance around a lot of alied units (which is easier to apply than debuffing enemies) is pretty good, as well of making enemies hit 20% chance less to hit is really fine, specially with Sky Guardian that additionally is very resistant to magical types (maybe, defense boost having a cap of maximun of 80% defense for alies).

This is more fair, also makes the unit gain more value just to be leveled to lv4 (being oddly +5% defense even agianist magical or any kind of projectiles) and 75% hit chance magic all times, even +5% hit chance in melee, as well of giving these benefits to alied even by not requiring golds. This means that Chronomancer can of 75% in mountains thanks to his own aura and make Allied Sky Guardians be 75% in multiple places even without the need of gold.

With activated aura, +magical becomes 80% hit version magic, which is quite nice. Cosmic Eyes being 90% hit chance which is insane.

Last thing to mention , is that as I've saw, it works after +Skilled modifier, which means +Skilled will drop from 60% hit chance to 40% , which in that case is +20% hit chance compared not having +Skilled, while without the defense cap +Skilled would mean +30% chance to hit modifier. Which I mean, the 80% defense cap will not alter these units againist +skilled while it nerfs IF THERE IS NO SKILLED PRESENT.

Oddly saying, this make the aura to be MUCH BETTER at not depending in gold, while being more fair to deal againist if activated.

New Unit: Kharosian Cataphract (or however it's written)
Lv3 advancement of Lv2 Heavy Calvary , unit that is quite impopular because first Lv1 Calvary Archer being the less used scout in all Era of Magic and because everybody preffers +Slows and even +Magical cold/fire then +arcane ranged which is very needed for a sane Kharosian Army.

Kharosian Cataphract
HP : 62
Trample 10-3 impact melee +growing-fury(+1)
Bow 11-2 pierce melee +first-strike +Skilled
Bow 10-2 pierce ranged
MP: 7
Price: 53g

Ressistances:
Same as Lv2 Heavy Calvary , but no weaknesses to fire and cold, but also 30% res to arcane.

Somehow, Kharosian Cataphract learnt to use their bow at closer range (even by getting 12-2 if strong), giving them more options of melee retaliations, altought they did not improve much at firing at long range. Unit is quite XP ineficient counting XP mod except because of the adquistion of Bow in melee, which if gaining a lot of upgrades it can be really worth it (still. thinking that this melee bow must be nerfed to 10-1 pierce with no first-strike in RPG)

While Trample will usually work better againist heavy weight targets, bow can still be a nice defense againist Swift_foot, specially againist zerking ones.

Edit: Added to trample +growing fury +1 & melee bow +Lesser-revenge

2nd Edit: Reworked the aura mechanism & melee bow from +Lesser-revenge to +Skilled
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well, while testing EoMa in the quick 60x55 test, I realized of a weird bug in Lv2 and Lv3 pain misstresses which allowed them to get heal from +Slows in opponent turn wtf , which enloged the game significantly because I lost an healer because of not being capable to slow her because of being aware it will not work for her :P

It was quite nasty to deal with because that extended Green's leader time alive by like 3 to 5 more turns, which means more units to deal...

Altought, during balance testing, it's quite surprising how Lv2 pain misstresses is strong enough to make Lv3 golden warriors be at distance (unless day time) and usually not worth to engange if both in plains. So new tharis unit line looks like is really working smooth in that aspect, as well of helping them to have a real chance againist Dwarvish Tanks in larger maps while not needing to wait a real long for Hydras.

Strategically , not much to mention, starter with quickest units, then teleporters and few healers as reinforcements. Good plan for larger maps. Altought not the strongest build, but it adds good movility, teleport, some decent healing, all 6 attack types (non secret) and +Slows, which can pause enemies hordes until any kind of reinforcement arrives.

Also just a Kharosian Cataphract suggestion.
- Add +fearless to the unit.

As neutral, unit will not be affected by -25% even wihtout the trait, but still, it makes sense it be inmune to AwE aura (being a uncommon bonus that this unit enjoys)

Appart of that, I'm out of ideas right now to comment.

Edit:
Kharosian Impaler reprice from 51g (or 50g whatever) to 47g (realized price difference from other options is too low to make it worth...)
- Platinium Warrior costs 52g (in soon 54g lol)
- Gold Warrior costs 55g
- x2 Kharosian Javalineers costs 52g (26g x2)

It's quite hard to consider this unit if other better options are not so distantly priced, as well Default's Royal Guard does costs only 43g for 74 HP, equivalent ressistances but 11-4 higher melee DPS and same movement.

Edit 2:
Kharosian Legionarie Price to 49g (they need to be notably more cheaper than golden warriors to be worth, somewhat bad againist magical beings / magic assaults)
Kharosian Bulwark price to 48g (not so cost efficient, considering lv2 gives the same aura for only 35g)
- Cataphract will not get reprice, because they're much faster (7 MP) which is notisable at larger maps, also it's not discared about the chance to get small buffs (idea is not giving it so many stats, but giving a tons of smaller specials, for something really more promising in mid/long lapse)
- Who knows, Cataphract +5% to all physical resistances? (15% to pierce, 45% to impact and 25% to blade) ? This is quite optional, but I guess would not harm counting in unit's low base HP in comparation of lv2. This also pair flat resistances bonuses to be more pair of Lv3 Mystical Archer but instead in more physical.
Platinium Warrior price from 52g to 54g (They need to be blatantly more expensive than other physical troop, still, their high quality shines over all things)

While Legionarie, is more likely a visually more cool version of Avenger, it wasn't fair they could not to lv3 unlike other options, as I got an idea how to rework them to really archieve a fair/sane Lv3 gameplay.

Still will be relooking about fair pricements in upcoming days.
Attachments
Random map replay 20221128-164228.gz
(76.13 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well, considering the time that already did occur, and that I got some info to conclude, it really deserves another post.

It's mostly about pricement adjustment for master's era and few nerfs around two very powerful units. So let's begin.

Rebalance Propossals
Platinium Warrior
- Melee pierce attack from 15-3 to 14-3
- Price from 52g to 57g.
There was a previous post concluding their price from 52g to 54g, but after thinking a while, realized that Platinium Warrior is highly underpriced. At dealing againist physical enemies is most likely the best lv3 in the whole era! so a nerf of +5g cost and -1 pierce melee damage are not a joke altought not a strong nerf. Will be looking if unit needs to also be priced even higher later. New piercing unit options in other lv3 units, kharos doesn't need this unit having so high pierce damages as it's most valuable for it's impact attack.

Kharosian Impaler
- Fire ressistance from 15% to 20%
- Price from 50-51g to 47g.
Same as previous post, but +5% to fire res. (which is needed because other lv3 shielders have higher possitive ressistances). Still this option requires way less XP to lv3 AND is even cheaper even counting it has 6 MP instead of 5, which in large map has big impact.

I don't really know how good idea is giving Kharosian Impaler 10% cold res, with fire res buff unit has total of 90% ressistances in bonuses (while Avenger has 110% in lv2 and 120% (but 150% in all melee) in lv3) - (And Bulwark has 150% between all ressistances when defending but 70% when attacking and not likely to use shielded attack on melee unless a real reason to do it, reason I don't count it).

While also, massive difference between ranged is very intentional, otherwise nobody would use Impalers. Even being the strongest point when using XP mod which almost securing a 10-4 melee and 16-3 ranged impaler could be close in XP from obtaining a lv3 bulwark/legionarie , reason why I'm cautious about considering even small buffs like 10% cold res lol.

Air God
- Melee damage from 9-3 to 8-3
This unit is still very strong at dealing againist any berserker in the era (combination of being Impact in melee and +Marskman makes it real devastating, combined of it's real high physical ressistances and combination of 60% def everywhere).

Mirror Shield
- Price from 60g to 56g
Yup, tankier than SKy Guardian, but has no +skirmisher and even less ranged damage (and in melee damages, it losses so hard). Theorically talking the ranged damage loss is compesated by the +deflect-aura. But being significantly more expensive than Sky Guardian won't help much to this unit to be considered by players ... while also distancing it more from the 65g from Um. I have to also test this unit to see if it doesn't need of any buff, but I'm not sure at all. Higher pressence of physical mages in EoMa recently. Resilient Mirror Shielders are most valuable ones for this option considering the lower base HP mounts in comparation of Sky Guardian. Also personally I think that Sky Guardian fits better Sky Kingdom deficiencies at being low in melee damages, but never really tested Mirror Shields tanking potential. This unit's potential comes the most when gaining upgrades from RPG or XP-mod/Orocia upgrades which is when we will realize if unit is really fine ... reason why I only reprice it instead of alterating stats... and dealing againist swarms of poorly played AI in maps like orocia, that will not calculate or consider the deflect from mirror shield

Edit:
Atokpi Charger
- Both melee adding +magic-counter(offensive)

Kharosian Cataphract
- Cataphract now having +Magic-Counter in melee bow (as 3rd special in that one attack)
This add's an element that can bother nightmares , Mara and Fire avatars quite much, bow being a low base attack damage but owning interesting bonuses.

Dwarvish Rune Lord
- Melee now having +Skilled too (or instead , a second sword attack with only skilled attack)
Oddly, his attack accuracy is gradually decreasing againist more units having magic-counter in melee, and it recived so many nerfs in the past, so a first time buff in long wouldn't be a bad idea (meaning his melee would now have 70% OR HIGHER chance to hit, even againist +magic-counter)

I'm not sure if combining +Skilled and +Magical in the same attack makes it really work as 70% or higher, it's why I'm mentioning about the possibility of the second attack with only skilled.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.11 - 2 new units!

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 3.11 is out!
eoma_3.11_promo.jpg
eoma_3.11_promo.jpg (65.37 KiB) Viewed 689 times

There are two new units in this release (Kharosian Cataphract and Kharosian Legionnaire), some balancing changes and one bugfix. The "chrono aura" ability has also been slightly reworked. More details below:

Kharosian Cataphract
cataphract.png
cataphract.png (20.29 KiB) Viewed 689 times
This is a lvl3 advancement for Heavy Cavalry Archer. He is more melee oriented than Mystical Archer so both units should complement each other perfectly.

Kharosian Legionnaire
legionnaire.png
legionnaire.png (11.88 KiB) Viewed 689 times
This unique unit is in fact a combination of Avenger and Kharosian Bulwark. Not only he can strike all attacking foes with deadly accuracy, but he also can use his rounded shield to completely deflect their blows.

I'd like to thank IPS for suggesting these two units. I believe they will prove really useful for Kharos players. :)

The Chronomancer's "chrono aura" ability offers some passive effects now. It can boost chance to hit of all adjacent friendly units by 5% and decrease that chance by the exact 5% for enemies. Players can still "activate" the more powerful version of the ability (for 20g) which applies +10% chance to hit bonus for nearby allies (and grants them "first strike") and -20% chance to hit penalty for adjacent foes + Chronomancer gets the skirmisher ability (bear in mind all these effects last one turn).

@IPS: based on my current knowledge implementing a chance to hit limit to prevent 0% cth situations is impossible in the current version of the game, because in WML we are only allowed to filter base cth values not the processed ones (if I am wrong, someone please let me know). So I currently cannot fix this.

The current EoMa 3.11 unit count table:
units-3.11.jpg
units-3.11.jpg (19.66 KiB) Viewed 689 times
It looks like we've reached a situation where most factions have almost similar number of units, which is great! :D

Full changelog:

## Version 3.11
 ### Gameplay
	* added 2 new units: Kharosian Cataphract and Kharosian Legionnaire (Kharos)
 ### Units
	** Destroyers:
	 * Atokpi Charger: added magic-counter(offensive) to all melee attacks
	** Kharos:
	 * Kharosian Bulwark: cost from 51g to 48g
	 * Kharosian Impaler: cost from 50g to 47g; fire resistance from 15% to 20%
	 * Platinum Warrior: cost from 52g to 54g; melee pierce attack from 15-3 to 14-3
	** Runemasters:
	 * Dwarvish Rune Lord: added the Skilled weapon special to the 'runic sword' attack
	** Sky Kingdom:
	 * Mirrorshield: cost from 60g to 56g
	 * Void Mage: experience from 150 to 214
	** Summoners:
	 * the 'hurricane' attack damage from 9-3 to 8-3
 ### Abilities
	* added passive effects to the 'chrono aura' ability
	* rebalanced the 'chrono aura (active)' ability
 ### Code
	* fixed missing advancement for Orcish Warbanner
	* moved the 'shielded' ability/special to separate macros
 ### Translations