Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

inferno8
Art Contributor

Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

Post by inferno8 »

Greetings! My name is Inferno8, and I'm thrilled to introduce you to my add-on - Era of Magic (EoMa). Since 2007, I've been working tirelessly to create an immersive and visually stunning addition to Battle for Wesnoth. With over 8 playable factions boasting more than 290 fully animated units, EoMa promises to be the most visually impressive and enjoyable UMC era yet. The main goal of the add-on is to deliver the most striking special effects and attack animations ever seen in the game, and to give you the chance to command an array of unique and formidable units into battle.

Support me on Ko-fi so that I can spend more time on my hobby - making awesome content for the game and creating even more magical worlds and adventures for the community to enjoy!
https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
kofi_button.png
kofi_button.png (10.02 KiB) Viewed 6285 times
Translators:
Follow these instructions: https://github.com/inferno8/wesnoth-Era ... readme.txt

Factions overview:

Sky Kingdom
Master Magicians of Unparalleled Power. Harnessing the limits of magic, they conjure incredible spells and summon formidable creatures like sturdy Golems or enigmatic Mus. These elemental masters and guru-like figures possess the profound ability to control the very fabric of reality itself, making them among the most powerful entities in the add-on.

Summoners
These skilled practitioners are renowned warriors and spellcasters, wielding the power of magic to call forth extraordinary creatures from realms beyond our own. Using intricate magical circles and ancient scrolls, they invite jinn and elementals from the mystical Abyss to fight by their side. These otherworldly allies are impervious to poisons, granting Summoners a distinct strategic edge on the battlefield.
Explore the secrets of this fascinating faction further by embarking on the campaign To Lands Unknown)

Tharis
this fearsome faction poses a significant threat, particularly during the night hours. Their ruthless followers harness black magic and deploy terrifying creatures, such as the Hydra, to devastate any obstacles in their path. Despite their offensive might, however, Tharis lack a dedicated healer, compelling them to relentlessly advance at all costs.

Kharos
A peaceful nation governed by enlightened prophets. These benevolent people have honed the art of defense and support through rigorous training, yielding a formidable force. Their healer formations, reinforced by shield bearers and silver warriors capable of teleportation between friendly settlements, present a daunting challenge to adversaries. Kharos' defenses are nearly impenetrable, as even the most determined foe finds themselves hard-pressed to breach their lines.

Barbarians
Masters of close combat. This diverse society is composed of four distinct tribes: Goblins, Orcs, Cyclops, and Trolls. Each tribe possesses its own unique strengths and weaknesses, making them a formidable opponent when combined. However, when separated, these tribes are relatively weak and vulnerable.

Dark Blood Alliance
This formidable faction is comprised of lightning-fast lizards, colossal frogs, and majestic wyverns that devour their foes. This alliance is also home to skilled salamanders who have honed the art of deception to an incredible degree. At the helm of this group are powerful shamans renowned for their mastery of watery magic, which they employ both on the battlefield and in healing capacities.

Runemasters
These Dwarves harness the power of runic magic and craft exquisite equipment, earning them a reputation for their resistance to magical attacks. They excel at creating innovative steam-powered machines such as gyrocopters, robots, and even massive mechanical dragons. While these units may be sluggish, they are extremely resilient and offer a formidable defense against magic.

Destroyers
Little is known about the mysterious Destroyers, powerful undead creatures fueled by anti-magic. These beings are believed to be comprised of the remains of ancient civilizations consumed by the chaotic swarm. Rumor has it that the Destroyers were created as a weapon ages ago, which subsequently broke free of control and caused the cataclysmic event that nearly wiped out all life on the planet in ancient times. Although most of these abominations were eradicated by the Runemasters, their lingering remnants continue to roam the frigid North Pole. According to legend, these beings are the same ones worshipped by the Tharis.

Since 2018 EoMa's code has been available on GitHub:
https://github.com/inferno8/wesnoth-Era_of_Magic
https://github.com/inferno8/wesnoth-Era ... _Resources
Last edited by inferno8 on February 16th, 2024, 6:49 pm, edited 170 times in total.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

You don't have legal permission to use Chrono Trigger graphics. Please remove the era from the server ASAP and reupload only when you've replaced the images you don't have legal permission to use.

All the graphics in Wesnoth and Wesnoth add-ons are under the GPL, so you can use them or edit new ones from them.

EDIT: On the positive side, it looks like you've actually spent time working on this instead of just talking about it on the forums, which is rare. ;)
Last edited by zookeeper on February 23rd, 2008, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Ok. I'll fix it.
kesnar

Post by kesnar »

Nice work but as Zookeeper said put out the Chrono Trigger and the HOMM V graphics.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

The era is ready (I suppose). I have already replaced these graphics. You can download it from the server now. :wink:
Last edited by inferno8 on October 21st, 2009, 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
cretin

Post by cretin »

which server is this on?
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

cretin wrote:which server is this on?
1.2.8, it does look promising, though a few of the sprites do require a little cleaning, including the minotaur 8) lol He needs a little more shading on both the arms and the axes.

Still good luck with this :)
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

works on 1.3.18 as well, but the Kharos-SunSilverwarrior, tries to advance to itself. (I was the fifth to download!)
~ I'll heal you by 4 hp if you post next to me ~
Have a look at the Era of Strife, featuring Eltireans, Eventide, Minotaurs, Saurians and Triththa
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Lizard wrote:works on 1.3.18 as well, but the Kharos-SunSilverwarrior, tries to advance to itself. (I was the fifth to download!)
hmm strange, doesnt appear to be on my 1.3.18 add-on server. :?
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

I downloaded it with 1.2.6 an then moved the addon.
Have a look at the Era of Strife, featuring Eltireans, Eventide, Minotaurs, Saurians and Triththa
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

Lizard wrote:Kharos-SunSilverwarrior
with unit names like that, ones just GOT to download it :)
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Thanks for comments. :) Kharos and Tharis are kingdoms of good and evil. If you enjoy it I will create a campaign in the future. But now I need to rest. It took me a long time to make it.
binaryquasar

looks cool

Post by binaryquasar »

okay I will try it out =) I love your attitude when a correction is needed.. by the way :D
kesnar

Post by kesnar »

I suggeste making it compatible to 1.4 / 1.3.19 and upload it to this server too.

Anyway I think it would be a great era.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

It looks compatible, you can get it over the web interface: http://wolff.to/campaigns/list.html

Edit: I forgot that animation directly in attack tag is deprecated/removed. :oops: Do you think Wmlint could do it?? (If not I know all things to make a Delphi program which does this since yesterday :D )