Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ForestDragon

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.8.3 - 5 new units!

Post by ForestDragon »

Tezereth wrote: June 7th, 2022, 7:08 am That chronomancer idea sounds really interesting, and fits the theme of the sky kingdome.
I may have some idea for some abilities :
-Perhaps an attack that sends back enemy units where they were on the previous turn?
Was about to suggest the idea but you beat me to it XD. great minds think alike :)
inferno8 wrote: June 6th, 2022, 9:26 pm @IPS: The name Earthmancer sounds a little bit odd in my opinion, so I decided to change it to just Earth Mage.
I think a much cooler name for the unit would be Terramancer (Terra meaning earth in latin, as other mages are already hydromancer/pyromancer)
inferno8 wrote: June 6th, 2022, 9:26 pm Speaking of Sky Kingdom magi, a long time ago I came up with a concept of an unusual unit, which I never implement - Chronomancer. He was a lvl3 advancement for Black Mage and was capable of "manipulating time". At that time I was unsure how to successfully translate such thing into an aspect of gameplay. But now I have some ideas:
- no counter magical attacks (stops time)
- high defense (predicts moves)
- manipulating Time of Day around himself (creates time-zones)
Unfortunately all of the above are probably seriously overpowered, so if you people think it is not worth adding such unit, let me know. I'd like to know your opinion.
I very much like the idea of chronomancer. Honestly some of the new units have been kinda bland in terms of stats/abilities (especially javelineer), so something truly flashy like chromancer would spice things up a lot.

as for chronomancer attacks/abilities:
-no counter magical attacks is a good idea
-defense can be elusivefoot, similar to shadow mage
-manipulating ToD could work, depending on how it's done
-as Tezereth said, an attack that sends units back to where they were - this can be done by storing the unit location in a unit variable every turn, and then checking it
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Messing with the flow of time is quite an advanced and rare skill. The more I think about it, the more convinced I am Chronomancer should be a lvl4 unit (advancing from Void Mage). Especially that some ability proposals are really powerful and match lvl4 unit characteristics. I wonder what IPS is going to say about this unit idea. :hmm:
Tezereth wrote: June 7th, 2022, 7:08 am -Perhaps an attack that sends back enemy units where they were on the previous turn?
What if the hex is already occupied?
ForestDragon wrote: June 7th, 2022, 9:34 am I think a much cooler name for the unit would be Terramancer (Terra meaning earth in latin, as other mages are already hydromancer/pyromancer)
Yeah, Terramancer sounds much better than Earthmancer to me. If there are no other naming proposals, I'll take it. ;)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

inferno8 wrote: June 7th, 2022, 1:29 pm Messing with the flow of time is quite an advanced and rare skill. The more I think about it, the more convinced I am Chronomancer should be a lvl4 unit (advancing from Void Mage). Especially that some ability proposals are really powerful and match lvl4 unit characteristics. I wonder what IPS is going to say about this unit idea. :hmm:
Hmmm... having Chronomancer be a direct levelup form Void Mage instead of altgrade kinda heavily limits what we can do with him, but on the other hand lvl4 does make much more sense than lvl3.
inferno8 wrote: June 7th, 2022, 1:29 pm What if the hex is already occupied?
In that case, move to next-closest tile (teleporting units with a macro already does that iirc).
inferno8 wrote: June 7th, 2022, 1:29 pm Yeah, Terramancer sounds much better than Earthmancer to me. If there are no other naming proposals, I'll take it. ;)
Great :D
Last edited by ForestDragon on November 22nd, 2023, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tezereth

Post by Tezereth »

Making the chronomancer lv4 would make him too hard to get to really have an occasion of using it's abilities, unless maybe at the very end of a match if you manage to feed enough exp into 1 unit. So to match the chronomancer ability while still being lv3, it's stats (mostly damage) could be slightly below the average lv3 (except perhaps for HP).
ForestDragon wrote: June 7th, 2022, 1:44 pm
inferno8 wrote: June 7th, 2022, 1:29 pm What if the hex is already occupied?
In that case, move to next-closest tile (teleporting units with a macro already does that iirc).
This sounds right
Occasional Sprite animator, and maker of the following add-ons :
Warfare of far lands (1.16)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Tezereth wrote: June 7th, 2022, 6:43 pm Making the chronomancer lv4 would make him too hard to get to really have an occasion of using it's abilities, unless maybe at the very end of a match if you manage to feed enough exp into 1 unit. So to match the chronomancer ability while still being lv3, it's stats (mostly damage) could be slightly below the average lv3 (except perhaps for HP).
Hmmm... true, good counterargument.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

What if Chronomancer could send selected adjacent units ...1-3 turns into the future? This could work on both friendly and hostile units and would be activated by right-clicking a desired unit. The unit would later reappear in the same location or near the Chronomancer who was responsible for that unit's disappearance. That way the "send into the future" ability could be used either to temporarily remove a dangerous enemy unit from play or to save an important friendly unit from a certain death. What do you think?
Creator of Era of Magic

ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

inferno8 wrote: June 8th, 2022, 5:32 pm What if Chronomancer could send selected adjacent units ...1-3 turns into the future? This could work on both friendly and hostile units and would be activated by right-clicking a desired unit. The unit would later reappear in the same location or near the Chronomancer who was responsible for that unit's disappearance. That way the "send into the future" ability could be used either to temporarily remove a dangerous enemy unit from play or to save an important friendly unit from a certain death. What do you think?
It sounds cool, but honestly a bit too similar to sculptor. Could potentially lead to some weird bugs too, especially when important characters are involved (like imagine a leader is gone from the map, so the side loses. or a character's dialog does not trigger since he/she is not on the map)
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

ForestDragon wrote: June 9th, 2022, 6:27 am Could potentially lead to some weird bugs too, especially when important characters are involved (like imagine a leader is gone from the map, so the side loses. or a character's dialog does not trigger since he/she is not on the map)
It could be partially solved by marking important characters essential (in a campaign) and exclude them from the filter, but it still would be tricky and prone to bugs, so you're right.

@IPS: Once you have time, I'd like to know your opinion on Chronomancer.

Status report: Kharosian Bulwark has been fully implemented (with animations and abilities). Now I am working on Terramancer and Master of Earth. If everything goes well, these two (+Guru) will have some really cool 24fps attack animations. Once they are ready, I'll let you know.
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

I may be late with the discussion of Chronomancer :P , but I have some propossals.

Well, I don't know the real relation of time magic with black magic, I'm kinda more agree to make him into another lv3 advancement of black mage or even of scuptor. As I mentioned, I do not relationate black magic and time magic.

In splinterlands game time mage debuffes enemy units speed making them strike slower than ussual. Meaning, that if correctly implemented, chronomancer could have an aura that makes enemy units to have +late-strike special if being next to chronomancer. Additionally allies next to Chronomancer could get +first-strike meaning they will strike first. In case you don't like that much the idea of first-strike and late-strike, you could of consider a +10% chance to hit for alies and -10% chance for enemies (even counting specials like magical, precision and enchanted, but always-hit being inmune to that).

About sending units to previous turns and etc, wow that might be huge WML engineering and I cannot be sure if it can even be considered balanced at all, in ageless there is +knockback special but this special will not apply if you miss and if you hit you will only deal 1 strike damage as the round ends as +knockback unit lands a hit UNLESS target cannot be knockbacked because of its limitation (cannot move out of village, to impassable tiles or if in its back there is any unit).

But in my addition to time Mage I would add the following:
- Unit being powerful of specials, would be weaker in terms of health and damage than Void Mage.
- Reality Warp attack 23-1 +Precision(attack) and +Enchanted , same as Cosmic Eyes as one of their optional attacks.
- 100% hit chance (with no damage or very poor damage) slowing attack that enemy cannot retaliate, mabe with +harmless (this attack damage is always 0 but when hitting can apply +specials) and maybe with +first-strike in case the unit has to urgently save itself from death.
- Naturally slowing ranged lv2 magical attack that slows as well (like 8-3 or 9-3 +magical +slows, but both specials being together is already considered very strong and usually removed from ageless because being an abuse in RPG / Survivals like Orocia).
- Ressistances and Movement cost would be swift-foot but with Subversive / Black Mage defenses, which means better defenses and movement costs but no improvement on resistnaces unlike of Void Mage.
- I have no real idea if the TimeMages main attack should of be Cold, Arcane or Secret damage types, if picking +Secret decrease accuracy of his main attack to +Enchanted.

Still another thing to consider is that leveing black mage or sculptor to chronomancer looks akward, would fit more correct having a lv2 unit named Time Adept that is even weaker than Sculptor in terms of damage and health if having strong specials around it.

Yeah ForestDragon I know how simple is Javalineer and Impaleers are, but Kharos have in overall low lv2-lv3 damage output in early game, which a quick early lv3 impaleer can help kharos being capable to take more aggresive positions againist magical resistant units with potentially decent retaliation; but not all units have to be that special or be in steroids of specials like how Dwarvish Solders or like Atokpi Samurai line are. But sadly, kharosian had a hole about not having physical ranged that can be 60% in certain tiles as the only unit that has decent physical ranged , as well being highly powerful in defensive positions in survival maps giving some missing damage-output in situations you can trust not lossing the unit as well dealing some decent retaliation at both melee and ranged.

About Terramancer and EarthMaster, yeah the damages of this unit is just slightly above lv2, but still, can provide of good situational tankyness. I was even thinking if instead of that weird special like (cures alies if only on forest) be replaced by just +Cures meaning Earth Master cannot heal alies but can treat poison which sometimes is valuable. As well, could be an interesting idea that Earthmancer / Earth Master could have very low regen (like regen +4). But consider this, even with the low base damages Earthmancer can be OP in surivals specially of buffed with upgrades like Orocia or XP mod, but that would mean the player have one less Mage of Water which is fine :P , as bonus unit I preffered to not make him too strong because of being an addition which is wante to be OPTIONAL to follow (like how mobile tower defense are).
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

@IPS: thanks for the opinion :) I guess I'll stick to the original plan and release 10 units for 3.8.4 first and add Chronomancer later. This will give me more time to carefully study all the recent suggestions.

I've got more news for you about the 3.8.4 development progress:
The following units are ready for now: Kharosian Bulwark, Terramancer, Master of Earth and Architect.
Yesterday I successfully implemented the Statue Copy ability. It works exactly like Tezereth suggested - Architects can copy adjacent friendly or hostile units provided they have enough gold. In case of enemy troops, there is an additional requirement - they need to be petrified first.
To tell original and cloned units apart, the latter have a blueish tint applied to them.
statue-copy.jpg
statue-copy.jpg (27.32 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
Copied units retain most stats and abilities (they can even level up) but are generally weaker. They are very susceptible to arcane, have a -1 movement penalty and 25% less hp.
statue-copy-stats.jpg
statue-copy-stats.jpg (44.45 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
It is also possible to use Architects to clone other Architects, which may lead to crazy things. :P
The only thing left in case of this ability is to add an event to remove copied units from play once a scenario is completed to prevent populating recall lists with clones.

Btw, while working on Terramancer and Master of Earth, I accidentally improved Guru's landmass attack animation. Now the big rock appears in a more fancy manner 8)
landmass-new-anim-small.gif
landmass-new-anim-small.gif (324.55 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
And here is one of Master of Earth's animations:
master-of-earth-anim-test.gif
master-of-earth-anim-test.gif (6.49 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
Only 6 new Tharis units remain on my list. Today I'll try to implement Frontliners. Expect 3.8.4 to be released within 1-2 weeks.
Creator of Era of Magic

ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

inferno8 wrote: June 11th, 2022, 9:36 am Yesterday I successfully implemented the Statue Copy ability. It works exactly like Tezereth suggested - Architects can copy adjacent friendly or hostile units provided they have enough gold. In case of enemy troops, there is an additional requirement - they need to be petrified first.
To tell original and cloned units apart, the latter have a blueish tint applied to them.
statue-copy.jpg
Copied units retain most stats and abilities (they can even level up) but are generally weaker. They are very susceptible to arcane, have a -1 movement penalty and 25% less hp.
statue-copy-stats.jpg
It is also possible to use Architects to clone other Architects, which may lead to crazy things. :P
A couple suggestions to tweak the statue cloning:
-I think the resistance debuffs should be changed from -50% arcane/-20% everything else to -30% arcane, -15% impact (makes sense for a statue), but in return the HP nerf could be increased from -25% to -40%. The reason for this change is that -20% to all resistances would severely cripple any units with steadfast
-instead of blue tint I'd recommend trying something like "~BLEND(155,155,155,0.4)" - it makes the unit greyer without completely desaturating it
Tezereth

Post by Tezereth »

ForestDragon wrote: June 11th, 2022, 11:43 amA couple suggestions to tweak the statue cloning:
-I think the resistance debuffs should be changed from -50% arcane/-20% everything else to -30% arcane, -15% impact (makes sense for a statue), but in return the HP nerf could be increased from -25% to -40%. The reason for this change is that -20% to all resistances would severely cripple any units with steadfast […]
That sounds good, but maybe reduce the hp nerf to -30%, but also add a damage nerf of -10 or 20%. Would make sense as status would be slightly clunky. After all, the original alway beats the copy ;)

(And it would make goblins kamikaze less op to copy)
Occasional Sprite animator, and maker of the following add-ons :
Warfare of far lands (1.16)
IPS

Post by IPS »

ForestDragon wrote: June 11th, 2022, 11:43 am
inferno8 wrote: June 11th, 2022, 9:36 am Yesterday I successfully implemented the Statue Copy ability. It works exactly like Tezereth suggested - Architects can copy adjacent friendly or hostile units provided they have enough gold. In case of enemy troops, there is an additional requirement - they need to be petrified first.
statue-copy.jpg
statue-copy-stats.jpg
A couple suggestions to tweak the statue cloning:
-I think the resistance debuffs should be changed from -50% arcane/-20% everything else to -30% arcane, -15% impact (makes sense for a statue), but in return the HP nerf could be increased from -25% to -40%. The reason for this change is that -20% to all resistances would severely cripple any units with steadfast
-instead of blue tint I'd recommend trying something like "~BLEND(155,155,155,0.4)" - it makes the unit greyer without completely desaturating it
It's quite an interesting argument about buffing resistances because of units with steadfast. Also a remminder that you get unit abilities which sometimes can be impressive and that you can get a quick reinforcement about anything what you want at the cost of it being significantly weaker but arriving instantly. In case it's about an enemy unit, would of be requiring to petrifiy first an unit and then copying, meaning you should own at least one architect and one sculptor to make this working smoothly (in case you have only the architect, you would need to have enough control of the field to can copy such unit in next turn).

But also about the unit topic, it's more likely an illusionist idk, more than an architect because of the clone design and concept, as architect in real life usually build structures :P

And yeah, more complicated mechanism that could be potentially not balanced in defaultish gameplay could be implemented in a variation of era of magic that adds other aspect to gameplay (focusing in more abstract, strategical view of the field) having more options, more resources and more possibilities than just recruiting from keeps or summoning at anywhere or villages. But my only complaint about the topic, is that other factions don't have such special stuff actually as propossed chronomancer has ... also anything that makes Sky Kingdom rock is welcome (yup, they're my EoMa favorite faction) :P ... but still I don't like highlighting it that much at the cost of making all other look so primitive :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still, don't miss it too far, I've said that Dark Blooded is the only faction with no teleporters either summons, one time ago I've said I wanted to allow them to summon Forest Spirit and Swamp Spirit, units that are naturally not recruitable (like in Sky Kingdom, you can't recruit elementals or avatars but can summon them).

I was of thinking about them, being lv2 units that are weak for their standards , but brings any utility to dark blooded and still strong compared to most summons, I can propose some stats and you can tell me what you think about these :P

Forest Spirit Lv2 neutral undead
27 HP
Touch 6-3 cold melee +skilled
Ensnare 2-3 impact ranged +slows
Movement: 5

Specials:
Forest regen(+4)
Heals+4
cures

Summon Costs:
Mystic: 28g
Chosen of Forest: 25g

Resistances:
10% to arcane
-10% to fire
40% to blade/pierce/impact
70% to cold

Movement costs & defenses
50% everywhere and 1 MP cost
50% in swamp and 1 MP cost
60% defense in forest and 1 MP cost

While undead usually are affraid of arcane magic, spirit of forest contrary to belived are spectral living beings that didn't spawn from someone who died. It's said that in they're an essence that does not materialize in our realm, but that they're around the forest of life, as Mystic and Chosen of the Forest have a particulary strong bond with the forest and their mystery they can summon these temporally alies from almost anywhere. Spirit of the forest usually are very wholesome beings, still are conscient that whenever they're summoned to this more material realm is it because the forest has to be defended againist a somewhat strong foe.

Need urgently an slower to permit the use of your Mystic to deal the damage he was meant to inflicng but instead using his slowing attack because you got no more green salamanders or only owning a single mystic? then you will be allowed to summon new spectral allies! even if they don't have the best chances to slow againist at units at high defense, and are slower than normal ghosts, they can be of great use. Remmember that owning many of these is considered cost ineficent! also it scales really well with naturally +8 healers.

Swamp Spirit lv2 chaotic
27 HP
Burn touch 5-4 fire melee +Skilled +first-strike
Green flame 4-3 fire ranged +poison +enchanted
Movement: 6

Specials:
Swamp regen(+8)
Regen+4

Resistances:
-10% to arcane
40% to blade/pierce/impact
30% to cold / fire

Movement costs & defenses
50% everywhere and 1 MP cost
60% in swamp and 1 MP cost

Summon Costs:
Swamp Mage: 28g
Chosen of Forest: 25g

Contrary to forest spirit, these beings do not have a possitive opinion about living beings of the more materialistic realm that is ours. It's said but it's uncertain they carry over themselves all the fears, insecurity and traumas of the living reason why they have a very pesimistic view of our world. When summoned by Swamp mage of Chosen of Swamp , spirits are just interested to end the task the quickest possible as they're mature enough to understand that without their aid things would even be more annoying for anyone. It's unknown the mysteries hidden in the great marsh, but even if looking creepy and tetric, swamp aren't hostile to other life forms unless attempting againist the swamp or if even trying to study swamp's mysteries, not allowing almost nobody to learn more about it.

Both units are also intentionally designed to be too weak againist other lv2 or lv3 , but being a complete pain if fighting againist them using lv1's
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

IPS wrote: June 12th, 2022, 7:27 pm But also about the unit topic, it's more likely an illusionist idk, more than an architect because of the clone design and concept, as architect in real life usually build structures
I imagine those copies to be a peculiar form of paranormal phenomena. Something similar to a "solid" hologram(?), touchable but short-lived. Definitely not ghostly, but more a product of powerful illusion magic and maybe something else. That's why I am not increasing the impact resistance for now. For other resistances, sure, I can remove that -20% to make copied units with steadfast more useful. In case of arcane I can go down to -40% (do notice that even with this applied some copied Kharosian units would still have 0-10% arcane resistance left) If those copies turn out to be OP, I'll probably reduce their HP to 50% of their base unit and reduce the arcane resistance from -50/-40% to -30% (or not).
As IPS mentioned, it won't be easy to use Architects effectively, as they will require assistance of at least one Sculptor to make things more dynamic.
IPS wrote: June 12th, 2022, 7:27 pm also anything that makes Sky Kingdom rock is welcome (yup, they're my EoMa favorite faction) :P
Sky Kingdom is my favorite faction too. ;) It was the first faction ever created for Era of Magic (with Golem being the first unit).

Btw, the one and only ForestDragon has returned with his new "EoMa jokes" :D Here's a sample (click to enlarge):
eomajoke_tarbynn.png
For more visit GSE+EoMa Crossover thread. Believe me, it's worth it :D

EDIT: @IPS: Both the Swamp and Forest Spirits look really promising. I think I might include them in 3.8.5 ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.9 - 12 new units!

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 3.9 is finally here!
eoma3.9.png
eoma3.9.png (48.25 KiB) Viewed 782 times
Enjoy the biggest EoMa update in years: 12 new units, 9 new abilities, 4 new weapon specials, more than 200 animation frames, balance tweaks and code improvements.

bladefuries-chainladies.png
bladefuries-chainladies.png (2.88 KiB) Viewed 782 times
The 3.9 Summer Update features one of the greatest comebacks in history of UMC: the return of Bladefuries and Chainladies. These unique Tharis female warriors were last seen in EoMa 1.x so I am pretty sure some veteran players may still remember them. Now the girls are back and are thirsty for some bloody action! Equipped with unusual weapons (chains with attached blades), Bladefuries and Chainladies wreck havoc on enemies, eliminating entire hordes with ease.

frontliners.png
frontliners.png (3.65 KiB) Viewed 782 times
Frontliners are another addition to the mighty Tharis army. Unlike most Tharis troops, these warriors have been trained for direct combat rather than sneak tactics like poison or no counter attack techniques. They can inflict a new 'bleeding' status on enemies, which is similar to poison, but much worse as it affects movement speed and damage. Frontliners can advance to Crimson Blades - almost unstoppable, powerful heavy warriors capable of creating a psychic aura causing nearby enemies to lose HP while trying to attack them.
These units were proposed by Tezereth. Congratulations! :D

painmistresses.png
painmistresses.png (2.95 KiB) Viewed 782 times
The last addition to Tharis army are Pain Mistresses and Matriarchs of Pain. These alternative advancements for Witches are second to none in torturing enemies. Their twisted minds gain huge amounts of pleasure just by looking at the suffering of others. Pain Mistresses and their Matriarchs often "play" with their victims for many hours or even days only to satisfy their sick desires.
These units were suggested by IPS. Thanks! ;)

Sky Kingdom received 3 new units in the 3.9 update:
architect-terramancers.png
architect-terramancers.png (6.42 KiB) Viewed 782 times
Architect is probably the most unusual addition here. He is a direct advancement for Sculptor and can create living copies of units thanks to his "statue copy" ability. The copies are weaker than originals but retain all abilities and attacks, so when used right they can be extremely useful. Your enemy just got lvl4 Summons Master? No problem, just petrify him and copy with Architect. Now you have one too! Note that copied units are not carried between scenarios.
Architect was suggested by Tezereth. :)

Terramancers and Masters of Earth are finally available! For many years EoMa fans have wondered why there was no 4th elemental path for Elementalist. Now there is! Terramancers and their advancements use powers of nature to regenerate themselves, heal others and summon huge chunks of landmass to decimate their foes! I am pretty sure they will make a fine addition to Sky Kingdom magi.
These units were proposed by IPS. :)

bulwark.png
bulwark.png (14.06 KiB) Viewed 782 times
Kharosian Bulwark is the pinnacle of Kharosian defense troops. Equipped with a huge impenetrable shield this veteran unit outclasses many other units in terms of survival. His "shielded" weapon special/ability makes him really tough.
Architect was suggested by Tezereth. :)

(no preview, because I reached the limit of attachments)
Darkblooded got 2 new units: Forest Spirit and Swamp Spirit, but there is a catch - they cannot be recruited at all. You'll need to summon them first with Mystic/Chosen of Forest or Swamp Mage/Chosen of Marsh. Spirits are unusual kamikaze units, but greatly differ from each other. Swamp Spirit is similar to Goblin Kamikaze, but also poisons its target. Forest Spirit on the other hand has no attacks at all. So how is it possible it's a kamikaze unit? That's simple. It can target friendly units to heal them by a massive +25 HP but is sacrificed in the process. :eng:
These two units were proposed originally by IPS, but ForestDragon completely overhauled them by introducing new mechanics to make the spirits even more fun to play. Thanks! :D

@IPS and @Tezereth: together with Forest Dragon we altered stats of a few units during the final playtesting stage. You will find some details in the changelog below, but there is more. For example the warrior influence ability has been changed to the crimson aura. Also Pain Mistress' and Matriarch's of Pain attacks and stats are slightly different in the final release. If you have questions, just ask.

Changelog:

Code: Select all

## Version 3.9
 ### Gameplay
	* added 12 new units: Bladefury, Chainlady, Frontliner, Crimson Blade, Pain Mistress, Matriarch of Pain, Terramancer, Master of Earth, Architect, Kharosian Bulwark, Forest Spirit, Swamp Spirit
 ### Units
	** Destroyers:
	 * Doom Bringer: changed melee attack damage from 6-4 to 7-4
	** Kharos:
	 * Recruitment Officer: reduced Shielder's recruitment cost from 18 to 14; added an option to recruit White Warriors 
	 * Kharosian Impaler: changed ranged attack damage from 14-2 to 16-2
	** Runemasters:
	 * Battlecopter: increased movement from 9 to 10; increased Shock Gun attack damage from 11-1 to 12-1; changed impact missile damage from 6-4 to 11-3
	 * Parachutist: can now advance to Balloon
 ### Abilities:
	* added new ability: Statue Copy
	* added new ability: Tenacity (unused)
	* added new ability: Warrior Influence (unused)
	* added new ability: Crimson Aura
	* added new ability: Nature Regeneration +4
	* added new ability: Forest Regeneration +4
	* added new ability: Swamp Regeneration +8
	* added new ability: Nature Detox
	* added new ability: Kamikaze Heal
	* added new weapon special: Bleed
	* added new weapon special: Dread
	* added new ability/weapon special: Shielded
	* added new ability/weapon special: Pain Absorption	
 ### Graphics
	* improved Guru's landmass attack animation
 ### Descriptions
	* improved the Dauntless ability description
 ### Code
	* improved the check for units with [drains]; added a special check for pain absorption
	* added [fire_event] for the "all around" weapon special
	* updated missing unit ids in hide_help.cfg
	* fixed a weapon special mentioned twice in DEFLECT_MAGIC_FILTER
	* removed profile and small_profile keys in Mirrorshield.cfg
 ### Translations
	* updated the raw translation file
    * updated the Polish translation
Have a great Summer! 8)
Creator of Era of Magic