Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.9.4

Post by IPS »

Still, have an idea about how does work this faction popularity.

Kharos is quite popular at survival scenarios because of being a safe pick in games that having low damage early game is not a problem, still having buff focus in lv2 clerics might make the players to pick this unit more often because from my scrolling survival game, even I guessed players were avoiding wrongly this unit, but woah it depends so much of leadership and having high amounts of lv1's to work well as lv2.

Sky Kingdom is my personal favorite faction from EoMa, still people seem to not like that much Hidden Face role and still avoiding subversive mage because of lowered physical ressistances (in AE, they don't have bonus res to cold, neither 0% on pierce), even under-using them and usually having very inestable early games, still, this problem was strong enough to get a bunch of buffes when I tested long ago pre-buffed Subversive mages or elementalists because sincerelly, I felt over-pressured when in a 1vs1 duel, I got barbarian opponents, even if I've won I felt at having a starter dissadventage. But a huge factor of AE - Sky Kingdom being this popular is because AE - Hydromancer is actually top tier lv2 healer in whole ageless list of units, unit that got some nerfs in lv3 and -1 less movement point which somewhat was excahnged for Pyromancer buff which players are avoiding oftenly.

Destroyers being popular is still a tendency, people loves spamming Dark Portals and Omen, still, found that Nightmares needed of a severe rework because I got the issue that actual AE - EoMa destroyers have an insane high win rate because of somehow Nightmare trolling any melee unit with its combination of magical and drains (even at defense) , but yeah, it's one of most original concepts among all factions in this era.

Summoners having high popularity isn't a surprise for me, people LOVES spamming air avatar/god in many types of scenarios because it's so overpowered againist AI opponents. what is an actual surprise for me is that Sky Kingdom is still more popular than summoners.

What does really surprise me about all this data is Barbarians and Dark Blooded being quite impopular. By far, actual meta in AE - Dark Blooded consists in spamming only toads and wyverns (with some shamans), even if having certain flaws, people still persists at doing this and ignoring many other units like saurian pikemen or saurian crossbowmen. Still, there will not be important data variations in them until AE versions of Era of Magic get updated. About barbarians, uhm, they enjoyned of high popularity in Afterlife survival (not as much as Destroyers...) but still with high popularity, was even forced to nerf Lv2 cyclops noble because of being an abuse of unit in many situations...

Runesmaster, well, to be honest, they had important deficiencies, but didn't expect this impopularity at all. But actually being the faction with most new units, AE - Runesmasters getting updated in ageless will help this faction to be a lot more popular, might see how all the changes will work at how often players use each EoMa facions and will see how many rebalanced EoMa units will deal againist the long list of random AE units.

By far, I'm expecting a slight decrease in destroyers popularity (maybe wrong because of tons of new units), slight increase of popularity in sky kingdom and Runemasters, rest of other factions I'm not sure, but I would like to see how players react to Dark Blooded because toads were being hated in AE - versus matches because of being op in many aspects, but players who used to pick them used to only go for wyverns and toads, units that got some nerfs recently... still a lot of buffs around other lines and some new units.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.9.5

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 3.9.5 is here!

This small update includes latest balance patches suggested by IPS, a new portrait for Golden Warrior and one bugfix.
The next one will probably feature Chronomancer, so stay tuned! :D

Era of Magic - Resources has also received an update. Thanks to some advanced color quantization techniques I managed to decrease the size of the add-on by ...36%. Enjoy the smaller size! :) Oh, and if you find any visual glitches or bad TC colors, let me know.

@IPS: I've been really busy the last few weeks working on the next major TLU update, so if I forgot about something in this patch, let me know :P

Full changelog:

Code: Select all

## Version 3.9.5
 ### Units
	** Barbarians:
	 * Goblin Druid: can cure poison now
	 * Orcish Warbanner: impact resistance from 0% to 10%
	** Kharos:
	 * Golden Warrior: hitpoints from 56 to 57; solar regeneration values increased from +2/+4 to +3/+5
	 * Solar Master: solar regeneration values increased from +4/+8 to +5/+8
	 * Sun Follower: solar regeneration values increased from +2/+5 to +3/+5
	 * Kharos War Banner: impact resistance from 5% to 10%
	 * Grand Kharosian Warbanner: impact resistance from 10% to 15%
	 * Recruitment Officer: impact resistance from 10% to 20%
	 * Striding Machine: fire resistance from -10% to -15%
	 * Dwarvish Tank: fire resistance from -10% to -15%
	** Sky Kingdom:
	 * Master Mage: changed melee attack damage from 9-2 to 8-2; renamed the melee attack to "Magic Touch"
	 * Master of Elements: renamed the melee attack to "Magic Touch"
	** Summoners:
	 * Water Avatar: impact resistance from 20% to 30%
	 * Water God: impact resistance increase from 20% to 30%
	** Tharis:
	 * Raging Hydra: impact resistance from 10% to 20%
	 * Chaos Hydra: impact resistance from 10% to 20%
 ### Graphics
	* added Golden Warrior portrait
 ### Code
	* fixed missing #ifdef MULTIPLAYER in awe.cfg
 ### Translations
	* updated the raw translation file
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
winkr7

Post by winkr7 »

Can I use this Era in a single player campaign? If so, how do I set access to it. Do I use a resource statement or a path statement? It has lots of great stuff.
thanks.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

winkr7 wrote: August 27th, 2022, 2:11 pm Can I use this Era in a single player campaign? If so, how do I set access to it. Do I use a resource statement or a path statement? It has lots of great stuff.
Yes, you can! TLU (To Lands Unknown - the official campaign for EoMa) is the perfect example on how to do this. Check out its _main.cfg file to see how it's done. There is a line: {~add-ons/Era_of_Magic/campaign.cfg} You need to copy and paste it to your _main.cfg (probably above the [binary_path] tag). That way the game will know to load all EoMa assets when loading your campaign.
Creator of Era of Magic

winkr7

Post by winkr7 »

Thanks lots inferno8. I set up an EoMa_jinn and saw some very nice lightning battle animations. Unless there is a log file I don't know about everything worked just fine. A great Era, and I look forward to using it.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

@winkr7: Glad I could help.

@IPS: an EoMa player just contacted me on discord asking for lvl1 Omen nerf. They say that it would be good to increase the price by 1g or to remove one of the specials. I am not so sure about it to be honest. Omens lack ranged attacks and are quite fragile in my opinion. What do you think?

The other proposal is to give Bone Beast +4 regeneration to make it more tanky. But on the other hand the unit has excellent resistances, high HP and the bone collector ability. I'd like to know your opinion on this one too.
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

inferno8 wrote: August 27th, 2022, 9:17 pm @IPS: an EoMa player just contacted me on discord asking for lvl1 Omen nerf. They say that it would be good to increase the price by 1g or to remove one of the specials. I am not so sure about it to be honest. Omens lack ranged attacks and are quite fragile in my opinion. What do you think?
Have to check about this, it's quite difficult to me to talk about Omen nerf, but I think making them 1g higher could of not harm Destroyers that much. I've seen that Destroyers are quite hard to use for popular survivals as of Scrolling Survival and Arena Survivals at both maps... still being an insanely strong pick in Afterlife gameplay. The thing is that for an unskilled/newbie player that does not know much about unit placement and going at build poor of mages might be hardly punished by Omen unit, while Destroyers having a significant deficiency of ranged attackers in lv1, Omen special of no-counter-attack allows them to be both melee fighter and a quite of curious "ranged" mechanism with no retaliations. Will be checking how Omen can be readjusted (potentially nerfed) but buffing Destroyers somewhere else because to be honest, I don't like viewing people over-using Omen.... which is an indirect signal that something is at there.

In PVP using Dark Blooded I didn't have much problems at dealing destroyers, still awe aura can quite be nasty in many situations and you can't simply counter omen using mostly melee tactics because that might not work.

Omen is still painful to train to lv2 and lv3 unit, but otherwhise players would cheese them in many game modes... also, it's sincerely easier to balance them in considerations of XP mod than doing a exhausitve balancing power/XP management with such thing as of a stronger AwE aura.

But in my overview, Nightmares and Dark portals were in a not so remote past more strong and quite more overpowered than Omen themselves , or at least in my PvP and in overall, reason why such units got nerf (portals) and rework (nightmares) to be more fair againist almost anything.

And yes, the first mentioned topic is actually being a problem becaue I originally belived that it was because of player unskill, but emmmm, I just used them, and for my surprise it was costing me to deal againist a shuffle of random ageless units well, Destroyers ar quite exploitable at Fire, Arcane and Impact attacks (not much different from defaultish undead). Even costing me slightly more than "mid tier ageless faction" , but yeah, seem that Portal is now a risky pick in certain situations :P

Also , I was wondering if it was possible to design an optional lv2 advancement of gobling shaman, unit is still not enough popular to make players consider more barbarian and goblin in barbarian army ... being a frequent topic of going cyclops/trolls and roc-riders while by passing most of barbarian recruits (except of sometimes , few berserkers).

Gobling Wizard (Lv2)
HP: 36
Staff 7-1 impact melee +Magic-counter
Lightning 12-2 arcane ranged +Skilled +Stun
Curse 8-2 cold ranged +magical

Specials
- Regenerates (+5)
- This patch, gobbos won't heal alies.

Ressistances:
- 20% to fire and cold
- 30% to arcane

Price: 33g

Edit: you might recheck that goblin staffs are blade instead of impact in both units Goblin Shaman and Goblin Druids :lol:

This option is defenetively stronger offensively. Having valuable +Stun special instead of heals, will consider player to purchase more gobbos to split between healers and anti ZoC debuffers. Considering that 2 strikes of 60% , miss chance of not applying debuff will be commonly of 16% which is way higher than in most debuffs (slows, poison, etc) in the era, but +Stun is really strong and we are talking about an extra debuff unit that has as much damage than Druid but with such powerful debuff. Barbarians don't have skirmisher, so this can be a quite interesting addition. Also, Barbarians were the only faction that did not get any new unit in the wave of new units we been talking on this topic long ago.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
IPS

Post by IPS »

Wow.... after viewing some details more closely about destroyers, I've realized some crazy things that did not even realize, which explains why their poor early game problems and main topic of XP managament problems... this seriously deserves another posting.

First thing that I've realized, is a direct comparation of two units, actual Dark Portals and new Harbinger... it's defenetively obvious why in my view, their tier list was THAT DIFFERENT because, even in ressistances and terrains it's all explained.

Dark Portals
Harbinger

Even in a very simple stat comparation .... Harbinger is 40% physical ressistant while Dark Portals only 35% ... also not counting that Harbinger has as well more HP and 50% over everywhere while portals cannot have more than 40% terrain defenses. Problem is that Portals are being over-used and even abused because amont Ageless community they say they're highly OP specially againist AI opponents. Pricing is very different, but still, in PVP a misscalculation or a slight bad luck can ruin a PvP match if portal does not survive correctly. Which also explains the extreme risks I detected while using nerfed Dark Portals in both Scrolling Survival and Arena Survival maps.

Defenetively, Dark Portal will get buff... to impact ressistance. Why impact? well, they're insanely fragible againist cyclops and golems.... in ways it's not even fair. They will become seriously more impact resistant. Will also consider of a possibility about that everytime that any Dark Portal or any of its advancement, when this unit dies players gains the option to recall "Evil Observer" unit which be a scoutish version that remminds much of Harbinger but in Lv1 and with no impact attack either no plague. Will explain more about this new recall option.

"Evil observer or by people who studied Destroyers closely "Seeds of destruction" is theorized to be the very first manifestations of Destroyers before they became a formidable undead legion. They fire small chaotic blast to anything that moves close enough and is not part of Destroyers legion and unlike all destroyers these things was never a living being, same case as of Dark Portals. When making certain mount of destruction they will become into Dark Portals or Harbingers depending in factors that we mortals do not understand

While they attack, destroy or kill, they generate an unknown plasmatic essence that is actually named as Dark Anima which when it stacks it corrupt the dead and stops their rest with a endless thrist of exterminating any living being. Even the weaest livng being seem to be inmune to this corrupting effect as well of magical beings and things that were never alive.

Oddly, when a Dark Portal and their more evil variations are destroyed, caster of these aberrations quantically gains enough dark anima to summon a seed of destruction, which if destroyed it's the real end of this evil thing.

And now, let's talk about this unit, which I will try to proposse a stat.

Evil Observer Lv0 (free to rename if you want XD)
HP : 22
Movement: 6
Flames 3-3 fire melee +magical
Chaotic blast 5-2 fire ranged +magical
XP : 57
Price: 9g (but can only be recalled every time side losses Dark Portal or any of its advancements)
Still, depending scenario, AI or someone is capable to recruit this unit if WML intervention.

Edit: unit cannot gain traits, contrary of Nightmare.

Advances to:
- Dark Portal
- Harbinger

Ressistances:
35% to Blade, Pierce and Impact
20% to fire and cold
-10% to arcane

Defenses: 50% everywhere
Movement cost: same as of Harbinger

Similar to Mu, this unit would be a direct Lv0 that skips Lv1 to directly Lv2, but not that hard. Player can just ignore this feature if they don't mind. Still, idea is that it's not worth it at all spending XP in this unit if PVP but being viable in survival maps.

Dark Portal / Chaotic Vortex / Black Portal buff
- Dark Portal HP from 32 to 33
- Dark Portal and Chaotic Vortex Impact ressitance from 35% to 50%
- Black Portal Impact ressistance from 30% to 40%
- The 3 units will now add to your recall list an Evil Observer in case side losses unit.
It makes sense that flat object is toughter to impact attacks. Very poor HP for 26g unit. Unit takes a tons of dmg from very specific units.
Edit: value from 55% to 50% because 55% is way so hard to proposse without testing.

Omen nerf
- Cost from 22g to 23g Edit: and Impact resistance from -10% to -15% (just for lv1 Omen)
I do not like viewing an over use of this unit, yup a +2g nerf maybe if we buff other details in faction that today I realized it's wrong.

Undead Cyclops rebalancing
- Cyclops Skeleton XP from 60 to 52 (most likely one less kill to level up)
- Greater Cyclops XP from 120 to 110
- Cyclops Necromancer ranged damage from 17-1 to 16-1
- Extinct Cyclops Mage XP from 220 to 235
It's quite blatant how players avoid Greater Cyclops and preffer going Cyclops Necromancer.

Even if rough, now in PvP might be viable going for lv2 cyclops if very specific situations occurs.

Atokpi XP buffs
- Atokpi XP from 42 to 40 , HP from 35 to 36, Blade ressitance from 10% to 15%
- Atokpi Samurai XP from 85 to 83
Now lv2 atokpi being a constant harass on PvP will become a valuable plan for Inteligent trait atokpis.

And yep , I've realized that Destroyers were quite much forced to play in a determinated way because of factional limitations... Atokpi starter deserves to be even more stable and safe gameplay. Still there is not really that much difference from 10% and 15% blade ressistance... most likely a ghosty buff that only benefits this unit againist lv2 or higher level units. And maybe... helping a bit in Orocia map.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.9.6

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 3.9.6 is now available!
eoma_3.9.6_promo.gif
eoma_3.9.6_promo.gif (54.64 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
This update includes 2 new units (Goblin Wizard and Chaotic Observer), 1 new ability, 1 new unit portrait and some balance improvements!

Goblin Wizard is an alternative lvl2 advancement for Goblin Shaman (Barbarians). This small inconspicuous unit can summon powerful lightning strikes upon his foes, stunning them completely and disabling their zones of control. No one knows for sure who taught Goblin Wizards magic - maybe it was another strange experiment of Sky Kingdom magi or maybe some goblins weren't super-dumb after all...

Chaotic Observer is a new and quite unusual addition for Destroyers. This very small and fast flying unit can only be obtained by losing Dark Portals, Black Portals and Infernal Vortices. When this happens the player who loses such units will be able to recall a Dark Observer for a small price of 9g. That's how the new "chaos channeling" ability works.

I'd like to thank IPS for designing these two units. :D

Still no Chronomancer in this update, because I was too busy working on the next major TLU version. But it will be available soon.

Here's the current unit table for 3.9.6:
planned-for-3.9.7.jpg
planned-for-3.9.7.jpg (36.78 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
Full changelog:

Code: Select all

## Version 3.9.6
 ### General
	* added 2 new units: Goblin Wizard (Barbarians) and Chaotic Observer (Destroyers)
 ### Units
	** Barbarians:
	 * Goblin Shaman: fixed incorrect damage type for the melee attack (blade -> impact)
	 * Goblin Druid: fixed incorrect damage type for the melee attack (blade -> impact)
	** Destroyers:
	 * Dark Portal: HP from 32 to 33; changed impact resistance from 35% to 50%
	 * Infernal Vortex: changed impact resistance from 35% to 50%
	 * Black Portal: changed impact resistance from 30% to 40%
	 * Omen: reduced cost from 22g to 23g; changed impact resistance from -10% to -15%
	 * Cyclops Skeleton: XP from 60 to 52
	 * Greater Cyclops: XP from 120 to 110
	 * Cyclops Necromancer: ranged damage from 17-1 to 16-1
	 * Extinct Cyclops Mage: XP from 220 to 235
	 * Atokpi: HP from 35 to 36; XP from 42 to 40; Blade resistance from 10% to 15%
	 * Atokpi Samurai XP from 85 to 83
 ### Abilities
	* added the Chaos Channeling ability
 ### Graphics
	* added Sky Guardian portrait
 ### Translations
	* updated the raw translation file
	* updated the Polish translation
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

The Dark portal buff may seem weird to you, but belive me that in pvp, portals are quite tough to deal for both sides.... :lol: , while costing only 4g more than golem, it hoars so much gold with lv2 upkeep :P ... which in a 7 turn game length is literally 11g less than if buying golem unit and imagine it lasting longer... literally can cost you a pair of units in mid/long term and not just one unit.

Also the main feature of them is about getting a very cost efficient lv0, which requires player lossing specific unit, which means player being in disadventage... while not triggering if playing is at adventage situation. While a bonus, a bonus that you would preffer to not use because you need to lose an expensive unit... which it's consolation prize might not justificate players rushing to suicide portal units :P ... but I did spectate few game which players were rushing AE portals which are stronger than actual EoMa portals ... talking about how lossing early their portal ruins their game so hard.

Still, you can retake the lost portal or even getting a cheaper lv2 harbinger if training it hard enough.

Also talking about extra 5% blade res on atokpi, calculated it's not that "ghost buff" at all, will trigger to decrease by 1 damage taken from 7 blade damage strikes that are both +25% or -25% , value that many mainline or even ageless units have (units like skeleton from default, loy calvary if strong, EoMa barbarians, many other global cases). Which even if not a strong buff, I viewed that an early game boost for destroyer army is welcome at their actual situation.

Talking about Omen, I don't think that +1g and -5% impact ressitance might be much, but for units that are affected at AwE it's still a welcome change, still destroyers are now considerably more impact ressistant if risking at trusting the passive-aggresive portals, which now are not countered by golems and cyclops anymore (also, I'm not sure if portals counter these units, but I think no).

A thing that I've viewed, is that destroyers picking Lv2 Punisher is like the meta, because training lv1 Omen is quite hard. So I will consider rebalancing lv2 heroes with starting traits for Destroyers to balance them better againist other potential starters in Destroyer's faction.

Destroyer Heroes trait adjustment
Punisher will now start with +Slow and +Weak traits.
Atokpi Samurai will now start with +Dexterous trait.
Greater Cyclops will now start with +Strong trait.
Hope this help pairing all starting heroes to be more fair between each other in destroyer's faction.

Unsure how is about Mara and Bone Golem as leader choices, but they're like gambling for high reward/risk.

Still on my concern, I have to really view how toads are performing actually, as they were nerfed hardly recently, but the argument is that they in lv1 have very high HP, while in lv2, they have both high HP and high damages but doesn't bulk as much HP as lv1 toads, thing I will be viewing how is working actually and view if toads are needing of buff/change, but their previous nerf is working correctly at punishing players that were just spamming toads and wyverns. Will also see how salamanders are working right now, still realized they're 1 movement cost at moats which is quite interesting and not really tested by me, but looks like a strong feature I didin't realize about a very impopular unit.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well this was a somewhat quick AE - Destroyers test, version that still maintains magical defense lv1 Nightmares, proving how OP they used to be without the rework of Nightmares... that was TRULLY more overpowered than Omen.

AE Destroyers lol.gz
Destroyers defeat in afterlife, being overpunished by Scrolling Survival algorythm when detectinc specific OP units. Cannot split forces in both lanes as going cave = sure death, splitting = sure death , unlike in most of any other random Ageless Faction
(253.42 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Destroyers but to be continued.gz
Same army, same things, but only focus in main patch. Ressults are blatantly different...
(257.38 KiB) Downloaded 35 times

Additional note.... it's not worth spending XP on Lv2 Omen, saw it was a misstake from me... which means lower accuracy AoD , less tankyness and worse AwE aura and a single strike combined of a pair of damages doesn't justificate all this losses. And in ageless, there is an special "Un-upgradable(3)" which will prevent this unit to gain more than 3 strikes when used in ageless.

Still , could realize something about Lv2 and level up Maras, is that they gain very but very few HP on leveling up, even if magical melee is VERY STRONG if combined of +Drains. Still that needs to be reviewed because in certain modding and in RPG this is way too strong if gaining more external upgrades from XP mod or Orocia/RPG external upgrades.

Lv2 Mara gains a +7 (+35,71%) HP buff in comparation of Lv1 Nightmare
Lv3 Apocalypse gains +6 (+15,78%) HP buff in comparation of Lv2 Mara
Lv4 Dark Apostle gains a +7 (+15,55%) HP buff in comparation of Lv3 Nightmare.

Mara HP debate.png
In mind, I'm of considering givng some more HP to Lv2, Lv3 and Lv4 Maras in exchange of melee accuracy in lv2, which would decrease Mara abuse potential in very specific situations (dumb opponent as some AI) while being less hard countered by very specific mages.

Similar analysis will be done in soon regards Lv1 , Lv2 and Lv3 toads!

Mara and Advancement balance adjustment

Mara
- Health from 32 to 35
- Melee accuracy from +Magical to both +Magical(offensive) and +Enchanted
The unit will end having as much HP or even fewer if this unit misses one more time in melee againist opponent's melee retaliation.
While rewarding player to do more aggresive gameplay with fewer risks of lossing unit, but with less cheese potential.

Apocalypse
- HP from 38 to 40
Still, if unit as 2 more HP, it gains one less HP in advancement than previously, but gain full 70% accuracy melee at both offensive and retaliation
Aswell, Lv3 Apocalypse has more ressitances.

Dark Apostle
More HP but fewer ressistances for both more consistency and less abusive potential.
- HP from 45 to 52
- Impact and Fire ressistances from 60% to 50%
- Arcane ressistance from 20% to 15%

I have not tested these units much further at the momment in serious situations, but still it's quite blatant how over-rewarding is the use of Mara againist careless AI which was the exact same reason why Portals got nerfed.

Other minor adjustments
- Lv2 Bone Golem XP from 100 to 90
- Lv4 Moloch AMLA XP from 100 to 200
- Lv4 Dark Apostle AMLA XP from 100 to 200
- Lv4 Abbadon AMLA XP from 140 to 200
- Lv4 Titania AMLA XP from 100 to 164
- Lv3 Warlock AMLA XP from 100 to 150
- Lv3 Goblin Raider AMLA XP from 100 to 126
- Lv3 Saurian Assasin AMLA XP from 100 to 126
- Lv3 Jungle Champion AMLA XP from 100 to 126
- Lv3 Temple Guard AMLA XP from 100 to 150 (if this is the case)
- Lv4 Master of Elements AMLA XP from 150 to 200 (as standarized lv4)
- Lv3 Mirror Shield AMLA XP from 111 to 126
- Lv3 Sky Guardian AMLA XP from 100 to 126
- Lv3 Camel Master AMLA XP from 100 to 126
- Lv3 Water God AMLA XP from 150 to 126
- Lv3 Air God AMLA XP from 150 to 175 (nerf in RPG and attempt of instantly rehealing unit)
- Lv3 Dark Executioner AMLA XP from 100 to 150

Lots of Lv3 and Lv4 standarizations , as well of faster Lv3 Bone Golem buff.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well was checking toads, and all I can say is that with Toads nerf they're likely going to take more dmg's now.

Oddly lv2 doesn't gain much HP in their advancement from Lv1, thing that considering how hard was the toads nerf , will consider increasing slightly lv2 and lv3 toads HP because to be honest, with the nerf they're far from the meta even if being stronger than most lv2 units, they're slow and intended to bulk damage but being bad at dodging.

And yep, higher XP to train lv2 toads to lv3, but both levels having more base HP.

Toads Adjustment
- Lv2 Battletoad HP from 62 to 64 ; XP from 94 to 103
- Lv2 Toad Archer HP from 58 to 61 ; XP from 85 to 93
- Lv2 Toad Shaman HP from 58 to 61 ; XP from 100 to 110
- Lv3 Dreadnought HP from 78 to 81
- Lv3 Twin Archer Toad HP from 75 to 78
- Lv3 Toad Mystic HP from 70 to 73

It's a mid game to lv2 toads, while increasing slightly their very early and more late game potential slightly.

Still, considering about Barbarians faction Impopularity from inferno8's report, might consider planning more new units, and I got the first one of them, which would be a Lv3 advancement for the very impular Orcish Warbanner unit :mrgreen:

Orcish Chief
HP : 63
Movement: 5
Axe 10-4 blade melee
Hatchet 5-3 blade ranged
XP: 150 (AMLA)
Price: 58g

Specials:
- Orcish Leader
- Recruit (Orcish Warrior, for 14g)

Ressistances:
10% to impact

While not being an efficient fighter for lv3 standards, is defenetively much stronger in melee than defaultish units with Leadership units (still, Orc leader is only +25% only in orcs, and doesn't adds multiple times over lv1 units, but works over other lv3 or even lv4 orcs). This will help players to consider improving his stats in survivals and to not force a Lv2 cap on this unit which is one of main reasons why its impopularity.

In soon will be viewing of where to place a pair of optional lv2 advancement for Lv1 gobbos, but many options are possible, still, goblings are not quite popular at all, but its rough they to be if they cannot of Lv3 which impacts a lot in unit popularity by mayories of players.

Still, reviewing how insane is that Lv2 gobling Assasin, hit+run with the chance to slow is extremely strong in almost any field, and impresive if combined of skirmisher, that in the right situations is as strong or even stronger than new Goblin Wizard stuns :P
IPS

Post by IPS »

Some quick posting for some Barbarian slight rebalance and suggestion of Lv3 Goblin Invader which would be an advancement of Goblin Veteran. This unit is quite much necessary to players consider building gobbos, and not just getting only roc riders as replacement of all other gobbos (all units are pierce type, making people go lazy and ignore both Goblin Raiders and Goblin Veterans).

Barbarian Balance Adjustment

Goblin Raider
All ranged damges goes +1 , unsure if being a good idea to implement +Magic-counter to melee, but a +1 on all ranged dmg will help. This melee buff would just help them againist Fire Avatar / Mara units, but I'm pretty unsure if the unit really suits the skill in melee...
- Poisoned Bolt damage from 10-3 to 11-3
- Split fire damage from 8-2 to 9-2
- Net damage from 5-3 to 6-3
- AMLA XP from 100 to 126
There is a significant difference from being 12-3 at night and 14-3 , making players be rewarded way higher for considering this gobbo, which is best ranged againist Sky Guardians from Barbarians arsenal.

Goblin Assasin
- Bolas damage from 6-3 to 5-3
The unit is still beast with the potential of all +Slows +Hit-Run +Skirmisher in same unit!

Goblin Veteran
- XP from 100 to 90 and adding a new advancement: Goblin Invader
This is an enormous buff to Gobling Veteran.

Goblin Invader Lv3
HP: 52
Spear 11-3 pierce melee +first-strike
Torch 8-3 fire melee
Spear Throw 14-1 pierce ranged
Movement: 6
Price: 44g

Specials:
- Hit and Run 3
- Skirmisher

Defenses:
- 50% on flat
- 40% on sand/frozen/swamp/coastal-rift.
- 30% on swallow-water

Ressistances
10% to arcane (as any gobbo in the era) and Fire

While not high in HP, this unit is still lv3, it has +10% terrain in worst terrains and in flat. As well bringing barbarians for very firt time fire-melee unit and combining the special +Hit-and-run and +skirmisher. Unit that has to have a lot of extra features over lv2 Roc Rider that is already useful unit in almost any game. And to be honest, this will help barbarians consider buying more goblin Runts and pick the other advancaments like Goblin Assasin. If there is Lv3 Goblin Raider, why not Lv3 gobbo Invader? :P
IPS

Post by IPS »

4th conseutive posting in a while, still got some fresh ideas after thinking a while...

Reviewed that Dark Blooded do not have any lv1 unit that is resistant to fire, all units except wyverns are weak to this element , but none has fire ressistance. I think it might be more correct changing their fire weakness to cold weakness and giving very slight fire ressistance to all salamanders. Also I'm thinking that in compensation of yellow salamander getting weak to cold , it can of gain bleed special in Kunai ranged to make that attack pretty much more worthy to use even offensively, so they might now really aim vital zones to make living enemies to walk slower and to bleed :P

About Propossed Orc Chief Lv3 , I've been thinking, I think that 66 HP instead of 63 HP would be more correct, even if being aura Unit (unlike Kharos Recruiter that has no aura) but Orcish Chief has no 20% to all physical damages, so I think that an slight buff to the not even released Orcish Chief would be prudent before its release.

About Sky Kingdom, I will do a creative nerf on Lv2 and Lv3 Ice Shard attacks. Situation is that it's too easy to cheese out of XP mod damage boost and also over-rewarded in RPG and in Orocia. On this case, I will mention to add more strikes... but decreased hit accuracy from +Magical to +Enchanted, values are explained in bottom with its damage calculation

OLD & NEW icecless damage
Hydromancer: 3-7 (70%) = 14,7 AVG damage ---> 3-8 (60%) = 14,4 AVG Damage
Master of Water: 3-10 (70%) = 21 AVG damage ---> 4-9 (60%) = 21,6 AVG Damage
There is not much alteration in AVG damage, but the more extra damage unit gains from external upgrades, AVG Damage value is more nerfed.

(unit in RPG would also gain more strikes, but less accuracy, which correctly nerfs this unit in a more correct place)
For now I'm not adjusting this value only on this pair of units and not in similar units like Pyromancer, Master Mage or Aeromancers.

Readjustments
- Hydromancer icecless attack readjusted from 3-7 +Magical to 3-8 +Enchanted
- Master of Water icecless attack readjusted from 3-10 +Magical to 4-9 +Enchanted
- Salamander fire ressistance from -10% to 10% ; cold ressistance from 0% to -10%
- Black Salamaner fire ressistance from -10% to 10% ; cold ressistance unchanged ; ranged damage lowered from 4-4 to 3-4
- Blue Salamander fire ressistance from -10% to 10% ; Cold ressistance from 10% to 0%
- Green Salamander fire ressistance from -10% to 10% ; Cold ressistance from 0% to -10%
- Red Salamander no ressistance variation.
- Yellow Salamander cold ressistance from 0% to -10% , Kunai ranged attack now has +Bleeding (same special as on Tharis unit)

That might be all for now in a while :P
IPS

Post by IPS »

Sup, might be posting a 2nd replay about Sky Kingdom gameplay in a SC Survival scenario, but for now we have a Destroyer's gameplay in a randomly generated 60x55 map :P

I only saw some underpricing in Lv3 Apocalypse and Lv3 Cyclops at being costing a bit less than intended to be considered fair in Master's version of the era... but everything was alright in that one randomly generated map.
Random map replay 20220919-185738.gz
Not much to mention here, just a pair of underpriced units I could realize.
(83.54 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

About Sky Kingdom, well, there will be another considerable wave of rebalancing towards some units because yeap, there are things that are slightly out of place. Will not detail it that much with long explanations, but, instead short ones explaining each case and why this adjustment.

Readjustments
- Lv3 Apocalypse price from 52g to 54g.
- Lv3 Cyclops Lord price from 60g to 63g

Lv2 Sculptor
- entratpment spell damage from 5-3 to 4-3
- petrifying spell will now have +attack-only special

May not look that much, but 5-3 of 80% hit chance is really a tons of damage considering a +slow attack (which on an enemy on 50% defense terrain is more damage than Green Salamander's net, yup. Numbers talks by themselves. Also chance of slowing is greatly much higher... but nerfing to 3-3 would be too rude, still quite OP attack :P

5 (0.8 ) x 3 = 12 AVG damage ----> 4 (0.8 ) x 3 = 9.6 AVG damage (99,2% of slowing the target, regardless of enemy positioning / 80% to slow on the very first strike.)
10 (0.5) x 2 = 10 AVG damage (75% of slowing the target if enemy defense is at 50% , and 50% to slow in the very first strike)

Petrifying spell being attack-only... well... sometimes Sculptor uses this attack in defense... and if the first strike lands, enemy will get petrified without any chance of hitting more strikes, which ofc ends in a completely unfair situation becuase no other unit can do that !!

Lv3 Architect
- Petrifying spell will now have+attack-only special

Lv1 Golem
- HP from 42 to 43
- XP from 60 to 54
Well... in short, an slight golem buff. In many situations enemy will retaliate 14-3 in situations you need to hit once (even in 60% hit chance), but you miss all and enemy may kill your unit just because of insane real bad luck, will just lose a full HP Golem. Also there are plenty of new units that has impact on ranged, which makes this unit be easier to counter than in previous versions of the era. Also, this unit is real hard to train, and in many times, realized I ignore leveling this unit because its XP is sincerely not worth it if compared to the same mount of XP but spent in other units.