Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ForestDragon

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.12

Post by ForestDragon »

IPS wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 6:50 pm - Movement from 4 to 5
- Unwalkable / Mountain / deep-water defense from 50% to 40%
- Mountain movement cost from 1 to 2
- Swallow water movement cost from 1 to 2 (to prevent certain abuses... :( )
- Price from 11g to 14g
At that rate there's really not much point in getting DGs whatsoever, as it's almost identical to the cost of fire/water elementals. Not a big fan of crippling a unit in pvp for the sake of survivals and whatnot.

As for the goblin/toad changes, seems reasonable.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Okay.

Also more recently I've realized about Water Avatar having a severe problem of impopularity, it's super rare viewing someone trying to level up these things (would say I'm the only one who literally tries to lv3 water avatars lol). But yeah, they're quite rough to train to lv3. But mostly the most hated from this healer is that they don't own +cures to heal from poison (still, quite logic as Summoners have a tons of regens and poison inmune unit).

Would say adding +marksman to 10-2 ranged looks a fine idea, but I'm not absolutely sure this time as it could make it quite strong againist swift-foot, still training water avatar is rough ... another option is giving it a secondary 7-3 impact ranged with no specials at all.

So, in resume, there are 3 possible suggestions for water avatar for a better Life Quality for this unit.
1.- Marskman in 10-2
2.- NEW ATTACk: 7-3 Impact or cold (makes easier use of unit to last hit things, also if cold it would be more similar to lv2 hydromancer.)
3.- Adding +Cures to also heal from poison (something which is very rare in an healer+8, even if not completely sure it's intentional still has a sense by me lol)

Chose the ones you consider the best for the unit, or if have any new can propose something to it (unit was already buffed in ressistances even recently, lv3 is fine while lv2 is underperforming even if not at all in underpowered margin)
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

IPS wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 8:52 am Also more recently I've realized about Water Avatar having a severe problem of impopularity, it's super rare viewing someone trying to level up these things (would say I'm the only one who literally tries to lv3 water avatars lol). But yeah, they're quite rough to train to lv3. But mostly the most hated from this healer is that they don't own +cures to heal from poison (still, quite logic as Summoners have a tons of regens and poison inmune unit).

Would say adding +marksman to 10-2 ranged looks a fine idea, but I'm not absolutely sure this time as it could make it quite strong againist swift-foot, still training water avatar is rough ... another option is giving it a secondary 7-3 impact ranged with no specials at all.

So, in resume, there are 3 possible suggestions for water avatar for a better Life Quality for this unit.
1.- Marskman in 10-2
2.- NEW ATTACk: 7-3 Impact or cold (makes easier use of unit to last hit things, also if cold it would be more similar to lv2 hydromancer.)
3.- Adding +Cures to also heal from poison (something which is very rare in an healer+8, even if not completely sure it's intentional still has a sense by me lol)

Chose the ones you consider the best for the unit, or if have any new can propose something to it (unit was already buffed in ressistances even recently, lv3 is fine while lv2 is underperforming even if not at all in underpowered margin)
I think +cures and a slight exp buff (from 91 to something in the 80-85 range) would help. marksman doesn't seem like the right approach imo, as if you want accuracy, summoners already have plenty of other options anyway
IPS

Post by IPS »

Looks fine, also adding an optional 7-3 with no attack specials (same impact damage type) to make unit less difficult to lv3 , as for some reason RNG loves to troll very often :lol: as lv3 has a 10-3 attack which is better than both attacks of lv2.

Also I'm aware that people usually don't like more passive gameplay units. So that is literally the addition of another lv1 in ranged.
So in resume

Water Avatar
- NEW ATTACK: Water Spray 7-3 impact ranged
- now can cure poison
- XP from 91 to 82
Last edited by IPS on December 23rd, 2022, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

IPS wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 3:50 pm Looks fine, also adding an optional 7-3 with no attack specials (same impact damage type) to make unit less difficult to lv3 , as for some reason RNG loves to troll very often :lol: as lv3 as a 10-3 attack which is better than both attacks of lv2.

Also I'm aware that people usually don't like more passive gameplay units. So that is literally the addition of another lv1 in ranged.
So in resume

Water Avatar
- NEW ATTACK: Water Spray 7-3 impact ranged
- now can cure poison
- XP from 91 to 82
What about 7-3 cold instead, so it's a nicer-looking progression from lvl2 to lvl3? (can be ice attack with same anim as lvl3). I agree with the other two changes though
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Or an even simpler idea: change the main attack from 10-2 to 7-3 instead of adding that as second attack, as water avatar doesn't really need burst damage anyway

This sidegrade will both be a fair trade for the buffs in my opinion, as well as not cluttering the UI too much
IPS

Post by IPS »

So then a secondary 7-3 cold attack. It also helps it at dealing better againist a fire elemental and nightmares, even if not quite much but a bit (as well of units like platinium warrior). And justificate more correctly its price of 31g
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

IPS wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 4:15 pm So then a secondary 7-3 cold attack. It also helps it at dealing better againist a fire elemental and nightmares, even if not quite much but a bit (as well of units like platinium warrior). And justificate more correctly its price of 31g
alright, 10-2 impact + 7-3 cold works too
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.12.1

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 3.12.1 is out!

This small update includes latest balance improvements suggested by IPS and ForestDragon. A total of 16 units have been modified.

The most notable changes are the following:
  • Water Avatar can finally cure units of poison and has a new ranged attack
  • Goblin Shaman and Goblin Druid are now neutral
  • Destroyers' Cyclops are slightly more resistant to arcane attacks
@IPS: I decided to add "regenerates +9" to lvl3 toads instead of "swamp regeneration +10". I think it should be enough. I also decided to leave the price and movement points of DG unchanged. I only increased its shallow water movement cost to 2 and reduced its defense on unwalkable tiles to 40% instead of 50%. I hope that this will suffice for now.

The end of the year is coming, so expect a new 2022 EoMa multiplayer report soon, but for now please enjoy the latest release and, the most importantly, have a wonderful Christmas! :D

Full changelog:

Code: Select all

## Version 3.12.1
 ### Units
	** Barbarians:
	 * Goblin Druid: changed alignment to neutral
	 * Goblin Shaman: changed alignment to neutral
	 * Goblin Kamikaze: decreased the kamikaze attack damage from 15-1 to 13-1
	** Darkblood Alliance:
	 * Dreadnought: now regenerates +9 HP instead of 8
	 * Toad Mystic: now regenerates +9 HP instead of 8
	 * Twin Archer Toad: now regenerates +9 HP instead of 8
	** Destroyers:
	 * Greater Cyclops Skeleton: increased arcane resistance by 10%
	 * Extinct Cyclops Mage: increased arcane resistance by 10%
	 * Fallen Cyclops King: increased arcane resistance by 10%
	** Sky Kingdom:
	 * Sorcerer: cost from 41 to 40g
	** Summoners:
	 * Banisher: cost from 57 to 55g
	 * Great Jinni: cost from 44 to 42g
	 * Dimensional Gate: changed shallow water movement cost from 1 to 2; changed defense on unwalkable tiles from 50% to 40%
	 * Water Avatar: XP from 91 to 82; the unit can now cure other friendly units of poison; added a new 7-3 cold ranged attack
	** Tharis:
	 * Great Witch: cost from 38 to 36g
	 * Matriarch of Pain: cost from 55 to 51g; added the 'magic counter' weapon special to melee attacks
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
IPS

Post by IPS »

Merry Christmas!

Also realized of smaller details that I think that can be improved around units that are not related each-other. But all that have its justification. This post will be another short one, as everytime it's harder and harder to realize balance issues (as well, getting useful feedback from community is quite difficult).

Balance Propossals

Child of Light
- XP from 145 to 132
There is a relevant story about this unit and a well deserved nerf on it previosuly. It used to have +Leadership in both lv2 and lv3 as well of one extra movement point, but used to have 160 XP value to lv3. In actual AE and previously in EoMa a 8 Movement unit that before had BOTH +Illuminates +Leadership in a lawful faction which made her an insanely strong support unit on larger armies. So unit has really lost something strong even if decreased XP, but more XP decrease looks more fair. Also players can access much earlier to her heals+12 potential due of this rework (as well, Kharos have Clerics for leadership, was pointless that Mistress of Light had both auras). Even with this changes, it's the lv2 unit that requires the most XP to lv3, even in the long AE list of units.

Dwarvish Tank
- XP from 120 to 115
Nerf, nerf and NERF to its lv2 and lv3 , so a time for a toy buff comes handy here, as well of matching XP values of the other lv2.

Shadow Mage
- Dagger will now have +Magic-counter
- Mountains movement cost from 3 to 2
- Cave movement cost from 2 to 1
Still realizing the huge differences in movement costs from Abyss Mage vs Shadow Mage, like not having 1 MP cost in frozen, sand, forest... which in combination of EVERYTHING is a LOT to say !!! , at least making it much better unit in cave terrain, something that less sky-kingdom units have (only golems and terramancer have?)

Still changing cave movement cost from 2 to 1 is something huge to ask because it's a BIG modifier on certain types of maps, but the only reason why I would agree is that having +1 Movement cost in Forest/Sand/Frozen is something VERY strong in Abyss Mage (so I remove 60% cave defense propossal to keep the movement buff, as unit already hides in cave and doesn't need 60% defense in cave)

Orcish Chieftain
- Price from 58g to 55g
Compared to his lv2, it's bit overpriced, but this one has +recruit special from village which justificates the higher pricing.

Corrupted shaman and advancements
- Sand defense from 50% to 60% (skips dark-blooded sand-cave nerfs)
- Frozen movement cost from 4 to 3
Well, for everyone who doesn't know, dark-blooded saurians are -10% defense in cave/sand (50% instead of 60%) as a nerf that did come later because of having costless 1 movement cost in forests which is a strong advantage that other suarians don't have. Corrupted Shaman are used more to all types of terrains because of being hermit.

Edit:
Temple Guard
- Price from 55g to 48g
- The other 2 attacks gain +Magic-counter as well
IPS

Post by IPS »

Been a while from the previous post, also after taking a small wesbreak and still viewing stuff then some time later, I got some interesting ideas to add, most of them are minor adjustments but they also have a reason to be.

In barbarians army, I'ma decrease some XP to level up some gobling units, just a bit, because AE community thinks that Barbarian is not "as overpowered-good" as other EoMa faction, being one of the main reasons why barbarians is one of the least popular factions in EoMa pallete (just to add a context, in AE the meta is somewhat it different, usually units are rated in base of their potential with external upgrades (HP, DMG, strikes, etc), which is the main reason why Air Elemental is a frequently abused unit because of its properties (60% defense, insane ressistances, flies, etc ... just add some HP to make it a real insaner unit) or Chaos Vortex with the 1 but very strong single strike (add more strikes, then it will become insanely strong unit!). Reasons why these pair of units got some nerfs without making the unit lose most of its good properties, just to be more fair even if players attempting to abuse from these units.

Barbarians units are "standard" defaultish units, with not crazy ressistances or heavily strong specials as in the case of other factions (summoners have Elementals with even magical melee, Precision in ranged, tons of regenerates which usually likes a lot to people) , Kharos have more aura units and are strong in survival scenarios, Sky Kingdom has almost anything that most players wants (still Hidden Faces and Cosmic eyes being underrated by mayority of players, but they are STRONG units even in AE meta if correctly used). Point is, that barbarian's simplicity makes them to lack of all this, even some players used to spam only trolls with cyclops because idk, people rarely likes to diversificate and they just want to exploit things to win easier x'D

Balance Propossals
Goblin Sniper's XP from 80 to 75
Goblin Veteran XP from 90 to 77
Barbarian Lord XP from 200 to 190
Cyclops Warmonger XP from 240 to 230
Orcish Chieftain getting +Veteran trait with AMLA (cause other barbarian can go lv4) --- AMLA XP from 150 to 126

Greater Cyclops XP from 110 to 100
Punisher XP from 133 to 125

Heavy Calvary XP from 100 to 90
Elemental Archer XP from 100 to 95
Avenger XP from 100 to 90
Hoplite XP from 100 to 95

Technician XP from 100 to 94 (same as the other advancement)
Black Mage XP from 90 to 95
Mystic Warrior XP from 114 to 110

Elite Camel Rider XP from 100 to 95
Rhami Kai XP from 114 to 107
Dispeler XP from 100 to 95

Technologist some special that allows their melee to be +2 damage per strike if attacking mechanical unit.
Technocrat some special that allows their melee to be +3 damage per strike if attacking mechanical unit

Well dwarven mirror is expected to spam tanks as they are hard to counter (going rune adept will make your army slower) in comparation of who goes dwarven mech. This might help a bit to make Rune Master mirror match slightly more interesting. I would avoid porcentual bonuses because as I've said then these become real insane when tons of damage upgrades, so I would preffer either a +2/+3 damage booster when attacking mech (even cosmic eyes and black robs) or that after a sucessful hit dealing 2-3 fire/true damage after the hit being done (which is not the same as AI will not calculate this in damage calculator's of damage after hit)

Most XP adjustments were buffs... except in the case of Black Mage, because Black Magi with the new lv4 and tons of buffs is expected to get a strong hype from players when they realize their potential, and actually being a significantly superior unit over Warlock because of 1 more movement and extra features.

All boosted units are expected to be impopular by player base, as I want to see them more often in wesnoth lobbies ^_^

Edit: Lv2 Shielders and Lv2 Punisher are not impopular units, BUT, they are underperforming in XP management in comparation of other options (brown warrior 100 XP for a platinium warrior lol) , and Punisher being somewhat difficult to lv3.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.12.2 - 2022 Summary

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 3.12.2 and 2022 Summary
eoma_2022_units.jpg

Dear EoMa/Wesnoth fans,
2022 was definitely the year of Era of Magic (and one of the greatest years in the history of the add-on). Thanks to your incredible feedback 37 new units have been added since January! To give you an idea how big this number really is, an average EoMa faction consists of 35 units. So it's like adding a brand new faction and still have some units left! There were also 33 new abilities/specials designed and implemented in 2022 including such unique ones as "crimson aura", "chrono aura" "statue copy" and "deflect magic".

Therefore, I would like to express my gratitude to all active EoMa contributors: IPS, ForestDragon, Ravana, Tezereth, Lord_bold, Konrad2 and others. I wouldn't have been able to make all the amazing updates without their support.

I would especially like to thank IPS who surely deserves the title of "EoMa contributor of the year"! :D Seriously, the amount of effort IPS puts into his balance analysis and detailed feedback always amazes me. And believe it or not, balancing add-ons is one of the most difficult tasks ever! It's also worth noting that IPS is the author of many new units and is responsible for the current shape of EoMa RPG mode. I am really glad for your support, IPS! :) Let's hope EoMa doesn't require as much tweaking in 2023 as it did in 2022, because changing stats for hundreds of units is a real pain in the <censored>, to be honest. :lol:

Let's celebrate the passing year with the last 30th EoMa release in 2022!
Era of Magic 3.12.2 brings some balance tweaks, 1 new weapon special and 1 updated translation. More details about this update are in the 3.12.2 changelog. You can find it at the end of this post.

What to expect in the coming 2023?
I think it will be a very special year for many reasons.
  • Expect EoMa Multiplayer Activity Report for 2022 to drop in January. It will give us some really interesting insight regarding popularity of factions, etc. I personally can't wait for it :D You can find the previous 2021 report here: viewtopic.php?p=675934#p675934
  • Another thing worth waiting for in 2023 is the upcoming big Ageless update including all new EoMa units and recent improvements. Because a lot of people play EoMa via Ageless, this will surely be a major event of the year. :)
  • Also, I advice you to observe To Lands Unknown thread because I plan to release a big update for the campaign including an alternative ending and improved animated cutscenes. It will probably be one of the last major TLU updates as I consider the add-on almost finished. I mentioned a few months ago, that having development of TLU completed is the prerequisite for me to start new projects. So wish me luck!
  • Oh, and if I'm counting right we will be celebrating the 20th Wesnoth Anniversary in June! Pretty good time to talk about good old times and think about the future. Who knows, maybe some veteran players and previous EoMa contributors will show up? One thing I am sure of: 2023 will be full of amazing events for our community!
Have a happy New Year! :D

Full 3.12.2 changelog:

## Version 3.12.2
 ### Units
	** Barbarians:
	 * Orcish Chieftain: XP from 150 to 126; cost from 58g to 55g; now gets the 'veteran' trait with AMLA
	 * Goblin Sniper: XP from 80 to 75
	 * Goblin Veteran: XP from 90 to 77
	 * Barbarian Lord: XP from 200 to 190
	 * Cyclops Warmonger: XP from 240 to 230
	** Darkblood Alliance:
	 * Corrupted Shaman: sand defense from 50% to 60%; frozen movement cost from 4 to 3
	 * Swamp Mage: sand defense from 50% to 60%; frozen movement cost from 4 to 3
	 * Chosen of Marsh: sand defense from 50% to 60%; frozen movement cost from 4 to 3
	 * Temple Guard: cost from 55g to 48g; added the 'Magic-counter' weapon special to melee attacks
	** Destroyers:
	 * Greater Cyclops Skeleton: XP from 110 to 100
	 * Punisher: XP from 133 to 125
	** Kharos:
	 * Child of Light: XP from 145 to 132
	 * Heavy Calvary: XP from 100 to 90
	 * Elemental Archer: XP from 100 to 95
	 * Avenger: XP from 100 to 90
	 * Hoplite: XP from 100 to 95
	** Runemasters:
	 * Dwarvish Tank: XP from 120 to 115
	 * Technician: XP from 100 to 94
	 * Technologist: added the 'anti-mech +2' weapon special to the melee attack
	 * Technocrat: added the 'anti-mech +3' weapon special to the melee attack
	** Sky Kingdom:
	 * Shadow Mage: the 'dagger' attack now has the 'magic-counter' weapon special; Mountains movement cost from 3 to 2; Cave movement cost from 2 to 1
	 * Black Mage: XP from 90 to 95
	 * Mystic Warrior: XP from 114 to 110
	** Summoners:
	 * Elite Camel Rider XP from 100 to 95
	 * Rhami'kai XP from 114 to 107
	 * Dispeller XP from 100 to 95
 ### Abilities
	* implemented the 'anti-mech' weapon special
 ### Descriptions
	* fix spelling of jinni/jinn and efreeti/efreet
 ### Code
	* added {NO_DESCR_AVAILABLE} to Master of Earth and Terramancer
 ### Translations
	* updated the raw translation file
	* updated the Polish translation
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

Yooo there and happy new year! Hopefully there will not be any need in changing that many units with that frequency because most issues/irregularities got fixed. Main topic is that with that lot of balance changes and new units, players are unlikely to build/recruit in a specific way to archieve fairly good ressults and instead they can go more situational builds depending the type of scenario, opponent facing and game mode, instead of "copy-paste the same thing when playing always as this faction" (like Darkblooded players spamming only wyverns and toad before the updates of 2022's ...) while rewarding a lot more the use of other units that as compensation got significantly stronger. While applying this same thing for all factions most likely.

Also most probable is that yes, it's most likely that some units will suffer alterations if I realize about something potentially over-performing well (slightly overpowered, but in aspects that players can potentially abuse from this fact) as well of units under-performing which would be buffed in the other hand.

Hopefully, these changes will clean up not only placing EoMa interactions be more fair between factions of itself, but also fixing most AE community complaints about specific units abuses. Even if most of them were nerfed in a more correct place ... some are still "unfixed" in AE gameplay but AE has ways to deal with specific situations without alterating EoMa itself (like UM not being capable to 15-1 ranged, because it's real unfair an unit has both 3-11 (swarm) and 15-1 , meaning it scalles well DMG / Strikes upgrades, but also leaving only the swarm attack in AE allows waves and swarm of AI units to have a chance at stopping a very over-buffed Um because of its limitation in its ranged attack) ... by things like that, AE can correct in a more correct place units with too much potential.

Also lastly talking about this topic, I fear that Harbinger/Doom Call be too abused by AE community in soon with its release, even if not as tanky as Air Avatar line or not as fast and not 60% defense everywhere (just 50% or lower); but we never seen an unit with such high ressistances values combined of a +Plague attack ... and the addition of its optional impact ranged makes it to be harder to be countered by heat ressistant units ... which also scales pretty well with Strikes upgrades (altough, going more damage harbingers with strikes upgrades means you will not plague, thing that unit has an advantage to consider if it's not combenient to plague or not in player's turn (still, in retaliations it's most likely to use the impact ranged if it has gained many strikes upgrades...) ... needs to be tested in real AE games as with Atokpi Infantry which there will be a short period of time that certain new units be significantly stronger than intended in AE gameplay.

Also in 2022's prioity was placing in a more correctly to EoMa FACTIONS (which in these times, it was URGENT as many people were not liking that much at all about EoMa being significantly stronger factions than almost anything else) so they got a more correct place as FACTIONS, even allowing units being stronger lv2 / lv3 over many other eras with the condition more XP to be gained (fewer high tier lv2 / lv3 or more numerous lower tier lv2 / lv3 even in EoMa / AE ecosystem in base of gained/spent XP)

Last to mention , is that I will focus more in creation of "factionless" or "core" units in EoMa ecosystem, units that players cannot recruit in Era of Magic but they existing them in units data base (probably, playable in someting like "EoMa extended" which adds a bigger pallete of units for all playable factions ... :lol: ... and best of this is that these units is not a must about being balanced at all (well, ofc balanced, but not AS A MUST unlike the +35 units from each playable faction). Just giving concepts, stuff like this: Magma Elemental, Magma Avatar, Energy Avatar, Elemental Bird, Abyss creatures, factionless human mercenaries/nations that are not playable in EoMa but givign more potential edges to EoMa lore.

Also, last to mention, is that I realized that actually there is a lot of new units (even old ones)... with blank descriptions. So in resume, we got already enough new content to also help in balancing ecosystem, but now other aspects have to get improved for a better ressult in a longer term.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

IPS wrote: January 1st, 2023, 10:56 pm Also, last to mention, is that I realized that actually there is a lot of new units (even old ones)... with blank descriptions. So in resume, we got already enough new content to also help in balancing ecosystem, but now other aspects have to get improved for a better result in a longer term.
I do agree that with most of the balancing work done, we can now focus on other areas of the add-on such as unit descriptions, portraits, sprite improvements etc. These are low priority tasks and I really need to focus on TLU now, but of course it would be nice to add more unit descriptions in 2023.

Here are some statistics:
184 units out of 280 have unit descriptions (66% or 2/3).
eoma-unit-descriptions-2023-january.png

The chart below shows that Summoners have the most descriptions while Barbarians have the least.
eoma-unit-descriptions-per-faction-2023-january.png
The quality of descriptions varies greatly. Some are bad but some others are excellent (especially the ones written for Summoners and Barbarians). It would be great, if some talented people offered their help with writing new descriptions or improving the old ones (preferably native speakers or those with excellent language skills).

So dear EoMa fans, if you like writing and you want to contribute to one of the best Wesnoth add-ons, just drop us a line. Who knows, maybe your description will become part of Era of Magic! ;)

Edit:
Here's a complete list of units without descriptions:

Barbarians - Barbarian
Barbarians - Barbarian Berserker
Barbarians - Barbarian Lord
Barbarians - Blood Warrior
Barbarians - Cyclops Brute
Barbarians - Cyclops Goliath
Barbarians - Cyclops Lord
Barbarians - Cyclops Warmonger
Barbarians - Goblin Archer
Barbarians - Goblin Assassin
Barbarians - Goblin Druid
Barbarians - Goblin Invader
Barbarians - Goblin Raider
Barbarians - Goblin Sniper
Barbarians - Goblin Veteran
Barbarians - Goblin Warrior
Barbarians - Goblin Wizard
Barbarians - Orcish Chieftain
Barbarians - Troll Warbanner

Dark Blood Alliance - Battle Toad
Dark Blood Alliance - Chaos Wyvern
Dark Blood Alliance - Chaos Wyvern Rider
Dark Blood Alliance - Dreadnought
Dark Blood Alliance - Forest Spirit
Dark Blood Alliance - Great Wyvern
Dark Blood Alliance - Jungle Champion
Dark Blood Alliance - Jungle Guardian
Dark Blood Alliance - Saurian Assassin
Dark Blood Alliance - Swamp Spirit
Dark Blood Alliance - Temple Guard
Dark Blood Alliance - Toad Archer
Dark Blood Alliance - Toad Mystic
Dark Blood Alliance - Toad Shaman
Dark Blood Alliance - Twin Archer Toad
Dark Blood Alliance - Wyvern Knight

Destroyers - Abaddon
Destroyers - Atokpi Charger
Destroyers - Atokpi General
Destroyers - Atokpi Master
Destroyers - Atokpi Samurai
Destroyers - Chaotic Observer
Destroyers - Dark Atokpi
Destroyers - Devourer
Destroyers - Extinct Cyclops Mage
Destroyers - Obliterator
Destroyers - Pirania Monstruosa
Destroyers - Punisher
Destroyers - Titania

Kharos - Child of Light
Kharos - Fire Swordsman
Kharos - Heavy Cavalry
Kharos - Inspired
Kharos - Kharosian Bulwark
Kharos - Kharosian Cataphract
Kharos - Kharosian Impaler
Kharos - Kharosian Legionnaire
Kharos - Mystical Archer
Kharos - Prophet of Light
Kharos - Sister of Light

Runemasters - Constructor
Runemasters - Drone
Runemasters - Dwarvish Rune Lord
Runemasters - Dwarvish Runic Warrior
Runemasters - Dwarvish Soldier
Runemasters - Dwarvish Veteran
Runemasters - Mobile Defensive Platform
Runemasters - Pacificator
Runemasters - Parachutist
Runemasters - Perfect Drone
Runemasters - Runemaster
Runemasters - Runesmith
Runemasters - Rune Artist
Runemasters - Steam Berserker
Runemasters - Steam Turboserker
Runemasters - Technocrat

Sky Kingdom - Architect
Sky Kingdom - Chronomancer
Sky Kingdom - Master of Earth
Sky Kingdom - Mirrorshield
Sky Kingdom - Terramancer

Summoners - Camel Master

Tharis - Bladefury
Tharis - Blademaster
Tharis - Chainlady
Tharis - Crimson Blade
Tharis - Dark Executioner
Tharis - Dark General
Tharis - Dark Observer
Tharis - Dark Slayer
Tharis - Dark Warlord
Tharis - Great Hydra
Tharis - Matriarch of Pain
Tharis - Pain Mistress
Tharis - Shadowblade
Tharis - Storm Sphere
Last edited by inferno8 on January 3rd, 2023, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

A quick reply and propossal for the lore of some few units, as well of a slight buff to our beloved Temple Guard as well of a description for this unit.

Rune Adept
It's known that one of main dwarven achievements is the crafting and production of magic runes which only dwarves mastered. While crafting process requires no magic in the process but the selection of the correct materials and crafting methods is really rough to consider for most races as it requires of all strenght, caution and knowledge to archieve the desired result. Dwarves actually only uses runes to enchant weapons or armory, giving to them more durability or allowing them to fire lightnings and ice blasts over a target.

Usuaully the main use for runes is used to enchant their iconic runnic hammers from which they are known the most. Each hammer is crafted out of a steel combination and socketed of one of each fire and ice rune in each side edge of the hammer which then is sealed and covered by some steel. The ressult is an hammer that with very few practice user is allowed to cast lighning bolts and ice blasts over a selected target. Additionally the weapon gains minor magical properties in contact which makes it easier to hit at very nimble targets when used as melee weapon.

Unlike of staffs, hammers do not canalyze caster's magic and instead hammers have predeterminated spells that user can cast when they know how to use the runes inside the hammer. It's said that when dwarves try to use a staff they can naturally use weaker version of both spells in combat once learned from hammer but they resign about being too weak at close range as well because improving with the help of runes is much faster than training inner magical talents.

Even if there is a lot of potential in rune magic, but finding new crafting that works in an useful way takes a lot of trial and error to just find one extra viable use for a new known useful rune. Sky Kingdom considers it not exactly as magic but as a kind of interesting technology from which they have shown interest but not being as sucessful as dwarves, not even capable of correctly doing reverse engineering to replicate runes of the same quality as crafted by dwarf.

RuneSsmith
When adepts get skilled enough , they are granted with a bigger hammer which helps them to also be more powerful in combat and are desired to be responsable of most crafting processes for amateur's hammers.

Runesmith are now capable to use an hammer for more than just combat purposes as they are now also qualified to craft the runes and hammer that other amateurs will use in combat and start their runesmith trial.

Rune Artist
When Runesmith get prodigious in the rune arts, they're celebrated and giften with a special runic hammer. This hammer while not being just bigger it's made of better steel composition and also has a third rune in the top which allows the caster to summon deadly big lignings over a selected target. It also has even magical properties which makes them to rarely miss when used as a blunt weapon meaning they're much more deadly for this use as they're bigger and more accurate.

Runesmith are also expected to be responsable for the creation of hammer pieces for Runesmiths which is a process that takes much longer than an adept's hammers.

Runemaster
The tittle of Runemaster is among most respected and legendary in all dwarven society. Only the best Rune Artists archieve this tittle reason why they're respected and admired by all dwarven as well feared as enemy because usually when viewing an opposing Runemasters enemy are very sure that things will not end good for them.

Runemasters are capable of the crafting of most fantastic hammers that are used by Runeartists and by themselves, hammers that their process is too complicated as requires three different runes in a very specific positioning to work with the best ressults. Aswell as the crafting of the third lightning rune is much more complicated compared from the methods and knowledge required for fire or ice runes which makes them be significantly more expensive and more valuable in dwarven society and much rarer.

Even Runemasters are trying new combinations, material and methods for expand their rune galery it's aprocess long trial and error which takes real long to archieve just a single new useful rune for their collection.

Temple Guard
Equiped with white scales, temple guards are the most mysterous of all dark blooded army as their pressence is usually uncommon in the battlefield. Nobody is sure about the composition of these white scales which acts like both rock and metal at the same time and keeping advantages of both materials. The mysteous white scales are likely to never age with time, meaning that if left to natural envoiroment they will never descompose and only likely to break only if exposed to attrition.

From a mysterous white ore that is top secret by dark blooded in combination of very secret method to craft this ore into a white material which is hybrid from metal and rock having significant magic properties as being one of finest thermal aislants ever known which also is very light and portable and while not as hard as the black scales used by jungle guards they're physical resistant.

Most curious and interesting from this material, is that when used as weapon and then targeted to unnatural creatures which should of not exist unless magical intervention or unfamiliar to this realm or into very fiery beasts which are consumed by endless rage and wrath, the weapon will then start to shine and most likely the weapon having its own will to finish the amenaze helping the welder to be much more accurate when targeting these kind of foes and additionally helping the welder to have better reaction when being targeted by magical attacks at very close range.

Temple Guard balance propossals
- Village defense from 50% to 60%
- The arcane attack will additionally have +Skilled as one of the specials in its attack.
- +Divine attack special will now work in wyvern, hydra and monster races.

This makes the unit to also consider more the use of this situational attack at even more targets, as well allowing it to 80% or even 100% if there is the opportunity to. As well of a description which matches an extense lore I've planned when suggested this unit :mrgreen:

There might be minor grammar flaws, or even details you may add, but this is the main of finest ideas for lore I could invent for 4 units. Still, I have no real idea what to do with the Runemaster (Runeaura Active), so I preffer leaving it blank :lol: