Flight to Freedom (drake campaign)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MadMax

Re: Flight to Freedom (drake campaign)

Post by MadMax »

osaridsaris wrote:
Spoiler:
Fixed, FtF 5.1.6.2 released.

It was not intentional for the nagas to be able to leave the lava. They definitely shouldn't now. I also fixed the objectives update code to handle the case in which the naga-sighting event fires before the lava-sighted event. Also, would you consider commenting on FtF's feedback thread? (http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=40195)
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

MadMax wrote:
osaridsaris wrote: Fixed, FtF 5.1.6.2 released.

It was not intentional for the nagas to be able to leave the lava. They definitely shouldn't now. I also fixed the objectives update code to handle the case in which the naga-sighting event fires before the lava-sighted event. Also, would you consider commenting on FtF's feedback thread? (http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=40195)
Thanks. With regards to feedback : Done
osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

I'm doing a second play of it and noticed something :
Spoiler:
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

osaridsaris wrote:I'm doing a second play of it and noticed something :
Spoiler:
It's intentional. Although the leadership level can be set independently from the unit level, it would probably be too confusing to the player to do so.
Spoiler:

Ro9ge

Post by Ro9ge »

When trying to download this campaign, I got an error message saying "a problem occurred when trying to create the files necessary to install this add-on."

I'm using Wesnoth version 1.11.15 on a Windows 7

I've downloaded several other add-ons so far without any issue, and this one looked really fun to play. I am rather new to the game, though, and could be missing something obvious.

I tried downloading Flight to Freedom directly from the addons website, but when loading up the entire Battle for Wesnoth game, I get the error message "Macro/file '~add-ons/Flight_Freedom/credits.cfg' is missing at campaigns/Flight_Freedom/_main.cfg:52
included from _main.cfg:24"

and then the whole game crashed. I checked the campaign folder and the credits.cfg file was there, so...I have no idea what's going on. Help?

EDIT: Well, turns out I was manually downloading it into the wrong location, since there's a separate folder for add-on campaigns than normal campaigns, so ignore the fancy error message. I had an interesting time finding the right folder, but the campaign works fine now. Still, the work-around was rather odd and you might want to be aware that the normal add-on download via the game's add-ons system didn't work for me.
Last edited by Ro9ge on July 7th, 2014, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

Ro9ge wrote:
Spoiler:
EDIT: Well, turns out I was manually downloading it into the wrong location, since there's a separate folder for add-on campaigns than normal campaigns, so ignore the fancy error message. I had an interesting time finding the right folder, but the campaign works fine now. Still, the work-around was rather odd and you might want to be aware that the normal add-on download via the game's add-ons system didn't work for me.
I'm not sure what content in your spoiler section spoils anything.. spoiler is used when information disclosed would reveal stuff that happens in scenarios, or character development, or other stuff that some people would rather uncover on their own. It's true that I've been using it a lot to explain bugs (or potential bugs, as some of what I"ve mentioned was on purpose), but they've all been in the context of scenario or character content..
Ro9ge

Post by Ro9ge »

osaridsaris wrote:
Ro9ge wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm not sure what content in your spoiler section spoils anything.. spoiler is used when information disclosed would reveal stuff that happens in scenarios, or character development, or other stuff that some people would rather uncover on their own. It's true that I've been using it a lot to explain bugs (or potential bugs, as some of what I"ve mentioned was on purpose), but they've all been in the context of scenario or character content..
Ah, good point, I wasn't paying enough attention when I posted. I'll change that, thanks.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Do you have write permission to Documents/My Games/Wesnoth1.11? If so, this seems like a bug with Wesnoth, since campaigns have no control over the add-on manager's installation process.

osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

kind of an amusing bug :
Spoiler:
Ro9ge

Post by Ro9ge »

MadMax wrote:Do you have write permission to Documents/My Games/Wesnoth1.11? If so, this seems like a bug with Wesnoth, since campaigns have no control over the add-on manager's installation process.
I didn't have write permission by default. I had to approve it when manually downloading the game into the right folder, so that could be it then.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

osaridsaris wrote:kind of an amusing bug :
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

MadMax wrote:
osaridsaris wrote:kind of an amusing bug :
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Spoiler:

MadMax

Post by MadMax »

FtF 5.1.7 released. Lots of bugfixes and some tweaks.

octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

On Wesnoth 1.13 there's a WML error in the intro, which leaves the view locked for the first scenario. Likely affects 1.13.8 and later, I've only tested with a recent trunk version. It's been described in a thread in the iOS forum, but affects desktop too.

viewtopic.php?t=47650
Currently updating the SurvivalXtreme Collection, and the SXC Pressure scenario. That's about a mermish necromancer, who's just found out that her Tentacles Of The Deep have been nerfed.