Scenario Review: (UTBS) 12. The Final Confrontation

Feedback for the mainline campaign Under the Burning Suns.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

Scenario Review: (UTBS) 12. The Final Confrontation

Post by Content Feedback »

1) What version and difficulty level did you play the scenario on? Please do not submit feedback from pre 1.4.
2) Do you think the difficulty is adequate to the level? If not describe the issue that made the scenario to easy/hard.
3) Was there any event that caused you to almost instantly lose, or made the scenario unplayable without reload?
4) Do you like the storyline and the dialogues? If not what part/character lags behind or what would you like changed?
5) Do you think the scenario was fun? Please write down some thoughts about gameplay, mood etc.
Mainline Campaigns: Scenario FeedbackDevelopment & Overall Feedback
User-made Add-ons: Feedback
Sly

Post by Sly »

quartex wrote:(1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on?
1.1.2a, Normal
quartex wrote:(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
7, the little moving things are a pain
quartex wrote:(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Clear
quartex wrote:(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Very good ^_^
quartex wrote:(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
Not loosing Gorg (he was the center of attention of most enemies ...)
quartex wrote:(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
8, it reminded me of old action-rpg games :P
quartex wrote:(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
quartex wrote:(8) How much gold did you have at the start of the scenario?

Overall I liked this campain a lot !
I was desapointed that the mage didn't stay with me, but I added much to the storyline :wink:
I'll have to redo the struggle to see what happen when siding with the dwarves :D

Thanks a lot !
pjr

Re: Scenario Review: (UTBS) 12. The Final Confrontation

Post by pjr »

quartex wrote:(1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on?
Easy, 1.1.2+svn
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Very clear.
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Very clear; rather dull by comparison with the high standard set elsewhere in the campaign.
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
None in particular.
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
The map could be more interesting. Perhaps there could be a tunnel leading to the hexagonal chamber, with an encounter or two with monsters.
(8) How much gold did you have at the start of the scenario?
Ragwortshire

Post by Ragwortshire »

( 1 ) 112a Challenging
( 2 ) 5.
( 3 ) Very clear.
( 4 ) Very well done.
( 5 ) Nothing, really - I sort of won by attacking things at random. Kaleh was on 15hp at the end, so maybe I was a bit lucky.
( 6 ) 7. A very interesting way to end the campaign, and nice and dramatic.
( 7 ) If you could make it somewhat longer without messing it up, I think it would be even better. I don't have a concrete way to do this, though.
( 8 ) Irrelevant.
There midnight's all a-glimmer, and noon a purple glow. (The Lake Isle of Inisfree - W.B. Yeats)
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Ragwortshire wrote:( 7 ) If you could make it somewhat longer without messing it up, I think it would be even better. I don't have a concrete way to do this, though.
I agree with this; it also seems like it would be rather better for the storyline. This doesn't make sense:
- Yanqui kills countless Elves with his powers.
- Yechnagoth defeats Yanqui.
- Yechnagoth is defeated by five Elves, maybe a Mermaid, and a Troll or a Dwarf.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Ragwortshire wrote:( 7 ) If you could make it somewhat longer without messing it up, I think it would be even better. I don't have a concrete way to do this, though.
I agree with this; it also seems like it would be rather better for the storyline. This doesn't make sense:
- Yanqui kills countless Elves with his powers.
- Yechnagoth defeats Yanqui.
- Yechnagoth is defeated by five Elves, maybe a Mermaid, and a Troll or a Dwarf.
In heroic fantasy the most powerful creatures can often be defeated by just a few adventurers. It's supposed to be heroic, not realistic. Where did you get the idea that Yechnagoth killed Yanqui? I stated that Eloh defeated Yanqui ages ago.
Elvish_Pillager

Who's Eloh? :?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Who's Eloh? :?
The desert elves god. She is a major figure in the campaign.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

quartex wrote:The desert elves god. She is a major figure in the campaign.
But she doesn't actually exist...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

turin wrote:
quartex wrote:The desert elves god. She is a major figure in the campaign.
But she doesn't actually exist...
She might exist, but she doesn't appear in the campaign.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Elvish_Pillager

There's no evidence in the campaign that she exists; in fact, from some point of view, there is extensive evidence in the campaign that she does not.
scott

Post by scott »

Elvish Pillager wrote:There's no evidence in the campaign that she exists; in fact, from some point of view, there is extensive evidence in the campaign that she does not.
Which is a long-winded way of saying she might exist.

And, there is zero evidence either way. Since it is more convenient to do so than to drag the feedback thread into a useless debate: OFWRA, especially if turin gets involved.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Sly

Post by Sly »

quartex wrote:In heroic fantasy the most powerful creatures can often be defeated by just a few adventurers. It's supposed to be heroic, not realistic. Where did you get the idea that Yechnagoth killed Yanqui? I stated that Eloh defeated Yanqui ages ago.
scott wrote:
turin wrote: But she doesn't actually exist...
She might exist, but she doesn't appear in the campaign.
Or maybe it was another group of five heroes that killed Yanqui ... hence the legend of Eloh 8)

Ironic isn't it :P
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

scott wrote:And, there is zero evidence either way. Since it is more convenient to do so than to drag the feedback thread into a useless debate: OFWRA, especially if turin gets involved.
Turin is now involved.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

I think the entity known as Redsox slew Yanqui. Quartex wouldn't own up to it, though (he's from Boston, you know).
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.