Test of the Clans with 3 losses (on easy)

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Arne Deprez

Test of the Clans with 3 losses (on easy)

Post by Arne Deprez »

EP, I finished Test of the Clans with 3 losses (without save/load) (6 less then you, I think). The key was Dwarvish Lords (and a bit of luck). I think that if you play with dwarwish lords, you can do it without losses.

I lost:
1 Red Mage
1 Elvish Rider
1 Griphon Rider
Attachments
Test_of_the_Clans_Replay.txt
(84.07 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

No, it's only 1 less than me. How many Dwarvish Lords did you have, and how many tries did it take? (I think, as I have for a while, that I could get two losses with moderate effort, but it just isn't worth it.)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Arne Deprez

Post by Arne Deprez »

2 tries, I think. 7 dwarvish lords.
Did you lost 5 units in the last level? Or did you try it again after finishing with 9 losses?
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Arne Deprez wrote:2 tries, I think. 7 dwarvish lords.
Did you lost 5 units in the last level? Or did you try it again after finishing with 9 losses?
Yes, I lost a bunch of unit in the last level. My 4-losses run was done in 1-2 tries with 5 Dwarvish Lords.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

I've done it with no losses twice now, on medium, but I'm not satisfied with either, because both contained an instance where a unit would have died with normal luck (the first attempt contained two such instances).

Those are the only two times I've tried the scenario, so I think the next try will be the true gem. 8)
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
(S)elfish weirdo
Location: Trying to finish Mystery campaigns without losses, have completed 0% of the maps so far.

Post by (S)elfish weirdo »

How do you do that? I've tried with the put alot of mermen in the lake tactic you suggested, but the problem is they won't attack me until they're so god damn many that they can swarm everyone with an endless supply of horsemen, and then they do exactly that.
A statement within a signature is a body of absolutist assertions designed to shelter those who cannot abide the cold, hard realities of actually having to prove their claims.