Legend of Wesmere without losses

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

(S)elfish weirdo
Location: Trying to finish Mystery campaigns without losses, have completed 0% of the maps so far.

Legend of Wesmere without losses

Post by (S)elfish weirdo »

Inspired by Elvish pillager's War on losses, I set out to complete the Legend of wesmere without losses (on easy), well, I have finished it now, I didn't load a single time other than to the begining of the maps, and didn't lose a single unit, (wesnoth v.0.8.11 and LOW v 0.6, last map was Breaking the siege), and yes, i came here only to brag, and tell you never to attack a treehugging freak in his own forest, anyway, here's the replays...
(S)elfish weirdo
Location: Trying to finish Mystery campaigns without losses, have completed 0% of the maps so far.

Tritons poured throught the water, Grand knights and paladins patrolled the plains destroying any undead or orcs they found, iron maulers, halberdiers, a dwarf and skilled master longbowmen held the line against the enemy army, while mages of light cared for the sick and wounded as archmages, silver mages and great mages quickly tore the enemy apart with their potent fire magic, all the while a treehugging freak brooded in his hex, controlling the whole thing, and doing so losing only one single unit (lieutanent aethyr at the very last map, you had to lose him according to the objectives)! soon, jevyan was slain along with his army of orcs, the few that survived were scattered and fleeing, the kingdom of wesnoth had been established, with only one person having to pay his life for it (that's cheap for a kingdom, y'kno bush paid alot more for some oil...)

or to cut the crap and get to the point, I've finished the TROW campaign with only the last required loss, so i thought I'd return to brag, one load when one of my units died to a bug during the swamp of esten, but otherwise not a single load. Never attack a treehugging freak in his own forest (not a quote from that weirdo that everyone is quoting) here are the replays:

Edit: forgot to mention it was on easy...
Last edited by (S)elfish weirdo on May 5th, 2005, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
A statement within a signature is a body of absolutist assertions designed to shelter those who cannot abide the cold, hard realities of actually having to prove their claims.
dalk

Post by dalk »

Well, i guess that's pretty good but i dont think there's anyone who will watch all your replays, ah and btw i 've never played this campaign so i couldnt know but if you do it again with son of the black eye on normal, one of the few campaigns i've played, i promise i will watch all your replays and admire you
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Well, we all want easyto be easy, right?
As for LOW, I will probably reduce the turns in Elves Last Stand
so the wait for the trolls in the forest strategy will not work... :wink:
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Ha! A loss! Your whole game of TRoW was in vain!

(I had this philosophy throughout my No Losses games --- no losses, even if they're nigh-impossible to avoid, even if they're impossible to avoid.)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
(S)elfish weirdo

bleh, curse you, lossless pillager! in this case it was completly impossible! (unless you cheat and you had rules against cheating too) i need someone to blame... must blaaaaaaammmeeee... *strangles a random bystander* Braaaaaaaaaiiiiiiinssssss.... *begins to twitch randomly, quickly turning more insane and reverts to the dumbest form of life, a leeter* |3r41|\|5 20|\/|20r!!!110|\|30|\|30|\|3
A statement within a signature is a body of absolutist assertions designed to shelter those who cannot abide the cold, hard realities of actually having to prove their claims.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I don't like the ending of TRoW. (I've never gotten there, but I was just looking at the files.) If someone important to you gets mad at you, just skewer them! Don't let them make you lose the game instantly just because they have some weird sense of honor!

In other words: Shade is the person to blame. Go eat (or maybe just pick) his brain.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
(S)elfish weirdo

The incredibly moronic AI sent wave after wave of ulfserkers against he incoming wraiths, soon making scepters out of them, and the Treehugging freak laughed evilly in his hex, as his minions stole the dwarven treasury and killed the last enemies.

I've completed TDH on easy without losses, it was waaaaaaaaaaay easier than TROW or LOW or even OI, the only maps that provided something ressembling a challenge were brother against brother and mages and elves...

The replays (I didn't kill all three orcs in skull of agarash because I didn't know which one had the skull, but because i wanted xp):
Attachments
TDH_without_losses.zip
yet another campaign has been completed without losses, too bad it hasn't been completed anyway, I'm going to laugh evillishilly now (yes, i get paid for using words that don't exist) stop staring at me damnit!
(102.53 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
(S)elfish weirdo

The men steadied themselfs for the coming elven onslaught, and a druid siding with the south guard charged into the fray, commiting suicide and thus winning the battle for the humans.

I've completed The elf line of the South guard with only one loss (what is it with campaignwriters forcing you to take losses at the end?) on easy (which is the hardest difficulty, the others are trivial and simple) the first map was actually the hardest to complete without losses, since you mostly had level 1 troops, as you can see in the replay, I've added fog and shroud to the into the depths map, since the dwarf won't ally you due to the lack of it normally.

I would also like to tell you that squirrels are an evil cybernetic race sent to spy on, and eventually destroy humanity, and that I think that the south guard should be added to the official campaigns - It's great for learning wesnoth, the dialog and story is great, the gameplay is really good as well, and its only major drawback is the shortness of it, it's certainly more fun to play than TDH, HttT and EI at least.

anyway, the replays, the last map where I got the mandatory loss is not included, since it never asked me to save a replay.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Ummm.. sorry to ask... but what folder do i put the replays in to view them? :oops:
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

By the way, I'm on a mac and in another thread it says I put them into "userdata", but i don't have that folder.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

In linux the game put user realted things under .wesnoth (in you home folder) maybe you should try to find it.
(as another tip just save a game with a non standard name like "Find_me_fast" and try to find the file using the OS tools...
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Thanks.
I was going to try it but I didn't have access to wesnoth. I'm going to try it now
(S)elfish weirdo

Wave after Wave of anNoyingly high leveled undead fell upon the small party of western guards, but they were blasted to shreds in a matter of turns by the Loyalists, soon the party was strong enough to destroy the lich himself, and so they did - without losses.

I've completed The eastern Invasion on Hard (not a single load other than to scenario starts involved), this should prove my intellectual superiority to all manners of wild grass, as well as some cows!
Attachments
Lack_of_Losses.zip
Now Bow down and worship me, fellow mortals! (with exceptions of Dalk and EP, of course)
(164.69 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Since us evil campaign designers do not like people bragging about how they beat our campaigns with no losses, I'd like to challenge you to beat the new, improved and now complete LOW without losses! Ha!(Especially Elves Last Stand, Ancient Alliance ,
Costly Revenge, Return of Trouble ,Shadows and Hero's Return.) That should give
you some interesting moments!