I can't beat Siege of Elensefar (EASY)

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish Leader

I can't beat Siege of Elensefar (EASY)

Post by Elvish Leader »

I have just one Knight and Trapper of lvl2 units, and a bunch of Fighters and Archers with medium xp. I start with aproximately 300 gold. First time I played it I almost kill Orcish leader, but undead come.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Oh, dear. The first time I beat the Siege of Elensefar on Easy[1], I'd needed 600 gold, although I didn't have any advanced units. So, basically, I'm saying you probably need more than what you've got.

[1] it was back when it was way more interesting strategically, maybe a little harder too.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Shade

Re: I can't beat Siege of Elensefar (EASY)

Post by Shade »

Elvish Leader wrote:I have just one Knight and Trapper of lvl2 units, and a bunch of Fighters and Archers with medium xp. I start with aproximately 300 gold. First time I played it I almost kill Orcish leader, but undead come.
You should be able to do it. Your lack of levelled units will hurt you in this case... As a suggestion you might want to replay an earlier level to try getting a few more level 2 / 3 units.

The General strategy is to:

Try to defeat the main Orcish thrust with:
a) Merfolk in the water
b) Troops on the shore to cut down the Orcs in the water
c) Elves in the wood to cut down the Orcs
I'd pick one of the above...

Now depending on what you do with the thieves you can usually:
a) Flank the Orcs by using the bride in the East and Kill their leader
b) Flank the Orcs win the West via the Ford

The big trick is to take the Island before the undead can reinforce the Orcs. After you get the keep on the Island you can recruit more 'Undead Slayer' type units... Mages in daylight, if you guard them, will do well.

After that you want to fight the bulk of the Undead outside of the cave if you can, and have time. The next scenario is easier and will let you rebuild your forces...

Good luck.
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

After the Bay of Pearls, have you chosen to go to Mul Jafal's peninsula or to the Undead's island? :?:
If you went to the Undead's island, then you should try through the pensinsula so you can upgrade your units.

When I first won SoE, I had about 400 gold and 2 level 2 units, plus a level 3 knight I got in Mul Jafal's peninsula :?
energyman76c

Post by energyman76c »

Hi,

from my experience, you need at least one white and one red mage, to have a chance against the undead without loosing masses of units.

For the orcs.. well Rangers.. you need Rangers, lot and lot of them ... and Shydes... you should try to get a Shyde as early as possible in the game. They are perfect to weaken units, so lvl1+2 units can get easy XP ;)
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

i sugest that you replay the previous level and try to level up a mage into a white mage becasue of its holy effect. not only will it help you in this level but it will become even more of a help in the next level. and to use the theves effectively you have to utilize their backstabb ability otherwise they are useless.
Bivrip!!

plese do not yell at me for any misspelled errors!
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

I always start the campaign with 5 scouts, which level up by the time I reach here. I send four of them to the left island, which pulls troops down there. Then before the Skeletons reach, I cross.

And then save a lot. :D
Warrior King

Post by Warrior King »

Dennis: too long. too hard. too dumb. :P

you need a white mage later, so get it quick.
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

i wouldn't use the scouts because they arent verry good in combat, i mainly used them to get towns. there cost is a little high for how unuseful they are, i would rather get some fighters and a mage or two before i would get 5 scouts.
Bivrip!!

plese do not yell at me for any misspelled errors!
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Hi,I've beated this level with 0nly 100 gold.Why? Because I charged immediatelythe enemies to attack first.I attacked immediately and i have used the short experience of the theifes to kill the crossbow orcs and with rougues and assassins nobody can beat!!!For the undead there's a little problem:they are resistant to blade,pierce,cold. :?
There you need some mages to recruit because they are good vs undead :wink:
Good luck
Hint:do not attack directly the orcs assassins in hills or forests:try to attack them on plains or shallow water.It will be easyer to kill them.

Remember:experience is the key of the victory in this scenario
Great Mage Nicolas
Nicolas

I forgott...

Post by Nicolas »

I forgotten that if you kill all two orcs(for doing that,recruit mages and horsemens,and some elv. archers)
Then you can choose the isle of damned or the muff malal's peninsula:you can kill the undead(there is only undead!)with mages and upgrade a mage to white mage! :wink:
Great Mage Nicolas
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

I'd suggest trying again, and again, and again from the beginning until you get good at managining your troops without killing them off. Crazy as it sounds, back in the elves beseiged, (with me at least) recruit a few shamans, i manage to always have a level two one (i vary which one i pick) by the end of that, along with one or two other experienced units.

DON"T BE AFRAID TO USE TROOPS AS SHIELDS IN THE EARLIER LEVELS, because it is the easiest way to protect your units actually getting xp. :!:

P.S. It works better to let the other elves shield you, and then steal their kills.

Practise makes perfect and good luck :D
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
dark_whitecleou625

Siege of Elensefar...a piece of cake...

Post by dark_whitecleou625 »

:D :lol: If the thieves appeared, use them all the time...
Please....I would like to appreciate to those who will mail me at dark_cleou93@yahoo.com something about WESNOTH!!!
dark_whitecleou625

The thieves

Post by dark_whitecleou625 »

The thieves will take care of those skeletons!!!! :lol:
Please....I would like to appreciate to those who will mail me at dark_cleou93@yahoo.com something about WESNOTH!!!
Matthias[Wlkp]

Post by Matthias[Wlkp] »

Use shamans - shamans rock :). I have a lvl4 shaman and it rocks - It is almost useless in combat, however you can boost its xp by hunting any lvl2 enemy unit, damage it as much as possible, then when it has 1-5hp, kill it with shaman :).