Battle for wesnoth (HttT) Mission

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

UltimaX

Battle for wesnoth (HttT) Mission

Post by UltimaX »

Hey, uhm.. I need help in this mission, the one where u battle the dark queen. I have a Dwarvishdragonguard, DLord, MoL, GMage, SMage, 2 GHorsemen, a Paladin, an Elvish Ench, An elvish shyde, a lancer, 2 champ, 2 marshals, 3 avengers, 1 sharpshooter, 2 DstelClad, 1 Dwarvish lvl2 thunderer, 3 Elvish Outriders, 1 assasin , 1 griffin master, but my problem is i don't want any of them to die, or at least 3 of them. . . 8) 8) 8)
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

1) FACE IT, UNITS DIE. If you don't want any of them to die, you'll be very frustrated.

2) Please don't abreviate unit names like that. The worst one is 'GHorsemen', which it took me almost ten seconds to figure out what it was.

3) Could you post a replay so I can see what you're doing wrong?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Arne Deprez

Re: Battle for wesnoth (HttT) Mission

Post by Arne Deprez »

UltimaX wrote: but my problem is i don't want any of them to die
It's the last one. You don't need units after this level.
stillnotelf

Post by stillnotelf »

I beat the level without (meaningfully) losing a single advanced unit. I started with 1100 gold, so I left Konrad in the base to recruit 6 more soldiers every turn (horsemen before daytime, theives before night, dwarves before dawn or dusk). Delfador, Kalenz, Li'sar, an Elvish Druid, and two other level 3s went north, around the battle, through the Orc leader, and killed the Queen on the turn that they reached her. I did lose a Grand Knight midway through, in retrospect I shouldn't have recalled him in the first place, he didn't really affect strategy either way.

So...you WILL lose units...but if you want, you can just burn up fodder units instead of good units. Too bad Konrad can't recruit Walking Corpses...
Usque adeone mori miserum est? After all, there's always a continue...
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

Your Dwarven units are the best at receiving punishment. Set them in front, and let them take the brunt of the assault. Then finish off the rest of the enemy units with your archers and horse units.
UltimaX

Post by UltimaX »

Thanks, but i don't have any replays anyway, i'll have to face my fear of unit loss.. :cry:
oh well. . .
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

To be able to reach this level without losing any unit, only on easy mode (wich is not that easy not losing any unit) or with save/load.
I'm not a number, I'm a free monkey
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Monkey wrote:To be able to reach this level without losing any unit, only on easy mode (wich is not that easy not losing any unit) or with save/load.
I'd say that you need either ridiculous luck or save/loading (which amount to the same thing) to get past Test of the Clans, no losses.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

I can completely agree with the statment you have stated. Isn't there a topic somewhere about that? Must look.....
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.