Warhammer 40k Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Justlce

Warhammer 40k Era

Post by Justlce »

Hi, I ran out of new factions in the Ageless Era so I made a couple myself. Hope you have fun if you decide to give them a shot. Here's the era description:

The Warhammer 40k Era brings the grim darkness of the far future into the world of Wesnoth. Set in the 41st millennium, when the galaxy is engulfed in eternal war, and the Imperium of Man battles for survival against countless threats from aliens, heretics, and daemons.

This era features six distinct factions (246 units), each with unique design and abilities that reflect the rich lore and brutal conflict of the WH40K universe. Perfectly balanced.

Playable Factions:
1. Space MarinesImage- The Emperor of Mankind's Angels of Death, genetically enhanced super-soldiers clad in power armor.

2. ChaosImage- The twisted followers of the Chaos Gods, seeking to spread their dark influence.

3. NecronsImage- An ancient race of robotic undead warriors, awakened from millennia-long slumbers to reclaim the galaxy.
4. OrksImage- Savage and warlike, Orks thrive on chaos and violence. Highly numerous and resilient. Space Orcs.

5. EldarImage- An ancient and enigmatic race, masters of psychic (magic) power, highly agile and precise in combat. Space Elves.

6. Sisters of BattleImage- Devout warriors of the Ecclesiarchy (church), driven by unshakable faith in the Emperor.

This era features unique leader units - hero units that cannot be recruited or selected as a leader at random.

Image (not him)

Disclamer: The presented add-on, titled "Warhammer 40k Era," is a fan-made project created as a free software for the game Battle for Wesnoth. Warhammer 40,000 and all associated trademarks, names, characters, and images are the property of Games Workshop Limited. This add-on is not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Games Workshop.

Disclamer2: Im not a real WH40K fan, just though it would be a cool universe for an add-on. For sure not all stuff is lore-accurate.

Disclamer3: Also not a programmer, some lines were straight up copied from Inferno8's EoMa and Dugi's LotI (big fan <3).

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Warhammer 40k Era

Post by Ravana »

You can have inspiration from WH40K, but not use direct content from it.
Justlce

Post by Justlce »

Well ig I should've read the rules. I will just use it outside of the official add on server
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Is it just text which needs change to make it legal, or images too?
Hejnewar

Post by Hejnewar »

Last time it was just text, here it feels like kinda both because at least stuff like space marines look very distinct (and quality is really high as well so they are easy to recognise) and GW is really trigger happy, not like they would concern themseleves with us but who knows..
Justlce

Post by Justlce »

Ravana wrote: July 7th, 2024, 2:29 pm Is it just text which needs change to make it legal, or images too?
Good question, no idea honestly, you can see the some of the images here tho. I think whoever took the addon down from the server could know.
BlushingBride

Post by BlushingBride »

15 different space marines is an good thing. But 15 different aquilas is an heresy, m?
IPS

Post by IPS »

Justlce wrote: July 7th, 2024, 5:39 am Hi, I ran out of new factions in the Ageless Era so I made a couple myself. Hope you have fun if you decide to give them a shot. Here's the era description:
Yo, you know that in Ageless it's planned to add like 8-10 new upcoming factions in new Release? it's not a joke, in soon we gonna get a branch of new AE factions. Only spoiler is that this season of new factions will be very default-like because of the I'm about to take it from.... but will give similar vibes as I did with Rashy Era ... so if you liked Rashy Era a lot, you WILL probably like the new branch of defaultikes upcoming in next release!

And I cannot add factions more often just because Ravana said me to not doing so, so one or two times a year I can add new factions (with the argument of giving time to players to get used to new content... as it did happen with FL factions).

Just adapt the concepts of this factions and remove WarHammer40k in its name (Instead do something that is batlantly inspired IN IT but that it's not) ... as long it has no futurisitc stuff like laser guns or stuff, it could be added to ageless a day (welll , if Ravana doesn't oppose :lol: :lol: :lol: )

But main problem of ageless adding less factions less often is because it's harder to find some good new add-ons without weird skills that makes it too incompatible with default gameplay. Traditional Era makings as of times in 1.4 to 1.10 is not a real thing anymore.... reason why I supported with everything our beloved Rashy Era when it was very new and made it shine to what's its today.

Even if not, try viewing also AE rebalance changelogs and try reworked/buffed/nerfed factions & units for new experiences too.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide