Log error: warning ai/config: side 7: aspect with id=[agression] lacks default config facet!

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Log error: warning ai/config: side 7: aspect with id=[agression] lacks default config facet!

Post by Atreides »

Spannerbag wrote: June 8th, 2024, 9:30 pm
Ravana wrote: June 8th, 2024, 4:22 pm These invalid escape sequence are errors in wml tools. I find wmllint too inaccurate, I favor schema validation instead. Example use wesnoth --validate-addon Ageless_Era
Thanks, really useful, will give that a try!

Cheers!
-- Spannerbag
Wow, I just tried it and it lists all the invalid tags/keys being used that normally fail silently. Quite good for cleaning and it could of course find problems too. IMHO not a substitute for lint but a valuable adjunct.

Heh, I knew the [portrait] tags in some old eras unit types were doing nothing but it is cool to see it verified. Learned too that the [ai] tag apparently doesn't work in a unit type. Sad. I thought the old bit of code was doing something clever.

P.S.
Hrrrmmmmmm.... flies in the ointment. I'm not convinced validate-addon is any more accurate than wmllint is. It errors the path= key in textdomain tag although the era I tested it on is fully translated and known to be working. It errors [healed/levelin/levelout_anim] in the unit type although they're perfectly fine there. :- /
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Re: Log error: warning ai/config: side 7: aspect with id=[agression] lacks default config facet!

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

It's definitely more accurate than wmllint, since it's parsing the actual WML rather than just looking at it line by line. There may still be some errors in the schema validator though, so if you think it's throwing an error on something that should work, please report.

What errors does it show on the path key in a textdomain and on the unit animations?
Last edited by Celtic_Minstrel on June 10th, 2024, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote: June 10th, 2024, 1:07 pm It's definitely more accurate than wmllint, since it's parsing the actual WML rather than just looking at it line by line. There may still be some errors in the schema validator though, so if you think it's throwing an error on something that should work, please report.

What errors does it show on the path key in a textdomain and on the unit animations?
Ah yes for the anim tags it says they are not allowed in a unit type.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Yeah, looks like those ones are missing from the schema. They just need to be added and it'll be fine. Thanks for noticing.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.