Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

dwarftough

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dwarftough »

Jamien1986 wrote: June 8th, 2023, 10:33 pm
dwarftough wrote: June 7th, 2023, 8:30 pm
Jamien1986 wrote: June 7th, 2023, 6:36 pm I loved this game years ago, and just downloaded it again for a replay. When i got to chapter 7 and started using redeeming it doesnt work. It counts the redeem and increases the count, but it doesnt save my advancement, so if i pick arctic blast for the first pick, I cant take blizzard it just offers me arctic blast again. I tried a 2nd time using debug to skip to that section just to test it, and it was the same. Any ideas?, or am I doomed to be unsatisfied for the cool ending.
Could you provide a save where you have such a bug?
Yes, here it is.
Thanks, I'll look into it (hope I won't forget). Also, I forgot to ask initially, what version of Wesnoth and what version of LotI do you play?
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Jamien1986

Post by Jamien1986 »

dwarftough wrote: June 9th, 2023, 12:57 am
Jamien1986 wrote: June 8th, 2023, 10:33 pm
dwarftough wrote: June 7th, 2023, 8:30 pm
Jamien1986 wrote: June 7th, 2023, 6:36 pm I loved this game years ago, and just downloaded it again for a replay. When i got to chapter 7 and started using redeeming it doesnt work. It counts the redeem and increases the count, but it doesnt save my advancement, so if i pick arctic blast for the first pick, I cant take blizzard it just offers me arctic blast again. I tried a 2nd time using debug to skip to that section just to test it, and it was the same. Any ideas?, or am I doomed to be unsatisfied for the cool ending.
Could you provide a save where you have such a bug?
Yes, here it is.
Thanks, I'll look into it (hope I won't forget). Also, I forgot to ask initially, what version of Wesnoth and what version of LotI do you play?
Wow, Im using an old version 1.10.7, maybe that is the problem. I couldnt figure out how to find the version of LorI im using, but after finding the add on site was no longer working, I used you tube to get it to work. It has been a while as I started from the beginning, and am just now getting into the 2nd campaign.
As an update I got it to work by upgrading to the current version
Last edited by Jamien1986 on June 26th, 2023, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
masterpace

Post by masterpace »

LotI2-Eruption-Auto-Save7.gz
(406.59 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
For some reason, triggering the necromancy ability by dying to lava (in Eruption) deletes the spawned lich. Neither the killed prophet nor the lich appear in the statistics menu. In the attached save, move the prophet just next to lava and end turn to replicate the bug.

Also, it feels weird that a snow hunter's blizzard attack does not slow.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I didn't even know SHs had a blizzard attack. I tend to neglect the more basic AMLAs in favor of legacies and books. I'm just realizing there's some hidden gems out there that don't appear without a lot of prerequisites.

It's also weird that E/L's blizzard doesn't "move them over the place"

Code: Select all

Blizzard (only for attacking, slows a lot of units, moves them over the place)"
Toranks
Translator

Post by Toranks »

masterpace wrote: June 11th, 2023, 4:30 pm LotI2-Eruption-Auto-Save7.gz
For some reason, triggering the necromancy ability by dying to lava (in Eruption) deletes the spawned lich. Neither the killed prophet nor the lich appear in the statistics menu. In the attached save, move the prophet just next to lava and end turn to replicate the bug.

I've been looking for a solution, but it requires lua. With WML, I can't find a simple way to use harm_unit with damage_type=fire and have the unit transform instead of die.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

To be honest, it kinda makes sense, how would you imagine that lich to survive lava? It's not ghostly Demilich after all, just a usual walking one
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

white_haired_uncle wrote: June 12th, 2023, 10:11 pm I didn't even know SHs had a blizzard attack. I tend to neglect the more basic AMLAs in favor of legacies and books.
In a sense I think many AMLAs throughout the game are not worth the effort. At least in LotI itself. Maybe in other addons in other conditions they may work
Zolm

Post by Zolm »

Toranks wrote: June 12th, 2023, 11:51 pm
masterpace wrote: June 11th, 2023, 4:30 pm LotI2-Eruption-Auto-Save7.gz

I've been looking for a solution, but it requires lua. With WML, I can't find a simple way to use harm_unit with damage_type=fire and have the unit transform instead of die.
Try this. I cannot guarantee this works, I don't recall if fire_event is used like I put in the code, but maybe bypassing kill=yes on harm_unit with an extra condition on scenario in case unit has necromancy as a possible ability, and triggering last breath from outside the tag, it should preserve the unit.
Attachments
08_Eruption_B.cfg
(15.09 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
white_haired_uncle

Execrable Sanctum beaten on turn 9, no units lost, no potions taken until the last turn when I just wanted to wrap things up. I think, before this game, I seriously underestimated the power of Gryphon Riders. I'm only playing on medium, but really I'm not sure that any of the difficulty levels is any harder than the others.
masterpace

Post by masterpace »

white_haired_uncle wrote: June 13th, 2023, 2:18 am Execrable Sanctum beaten on turn 9, no units lost, no potions taken until the last turn when I just wanted to wrap things up. I think, before this game, I seriously underestimated the power of Gryphon Riders. I'm only playing on medium, but really I'm not sure that any of the difficulty levels is any harder than the others.
Could you share a replay? I have never used Gryphon Riders for anything other than scouting and find it difficult to think of any other use for them.
white_haired_uncle

I don't have replay enabled, but here's a save from the last turn, recent beta on 1.17.16.

Four GR with good movement, 3 with The Unrelenting bow (hit and run, which they can get anyway, but more importantly distant attack), all with slow, one with incinerate. I think at least one has skirmisher as well. And a soul thrash as well, just for fun. I didn't have any, but wrath and anger would be nice additions, as would mayhem/trickery/doom, though I'm not sure which of those except wrath can be added to ranged attack

E/L have a lot of MP, and are pretty much used as bait to keep the enemies out in the open, and spread out (with help from GR slow). The GRs rush in, do a bunch of damage and slow + poison/incinerate Urea's support bosses, who will fall in a few turns. I'm not sure how reflect actually works, especially against distant attack, but they didn't take much return damage at all. Then they take to hitting her, while my heavy hitting prophets and dragon riders make short waste of her burning souls.

I've also found them to be great anywhere there's a bunch of demons. Pick out the really nasty ones, swoop in and hit them with distant attack / hit and run / slow, and then the rest of the team can deal with the lessor demons without worrying about getting killed by the one-hit wonders (who will likely be seriously injured by the time the arrive at what's left of the battle). Again, using E/L to draw/spread out the packs, I don't think I lost a recruit/recall during all of chapter 9.
Attachments
LotI2-Execrable Sanctum Turn 9.gz
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
Toranks
Translator

Post by Toranks »

Zolm wrote: June 13th, 2023, 12:51 am Try this. I cannot guarantee this works, I don't recall if fire_event is used like I put in the code, but maybe bypassing kill=yes on harm_unit with an extra condition on scenario in case unit has necromancy as a possible ability, and triggering last breath from outside the tag, it should preserve the unit.
Looking at the code, actually I had already thought of something similar, but that turn the unit into a lich regardless of whether it dies or not.
Toranks
Translator

Post by Toranks »

Incinerate is sustained even if a unit is healed from advancing or receiving AMLA. Is this intentional?
Toranks
Translator

Post by Toranks »

My version of LOTI (downloaded from Github, updated) show the autorecall list like this:
Sin título.png
The savegame of white_haired_uncle, with "3.2.7.162gbb3986a" version show the list like this:
Sin título.png
How is that? Are the list numbers something new, or something old? Where is that version? I prefer it with numbers, of course, it helps not to have to count manually.
white_haired_uncle

Oops.

I'm working on several changes related to the chapter 9 auto-recall list and also items that I think will make dealing with chapter 9 (and 5, I suppose) more pleasant. I didn't realize that would show up in a save.

I still need to get the "rearrange units" implemented (allowing you to move units up/down in the list without having to remove/add them). It doesn't do anything yet.

I've attached the changes so far in case you'd like to try them out and maybe provide some feedback (though it looks like you're in chapter 5, I haven't touched that yet, I'll see if the changes are accepted for ch9 first). Unzips in the LotI_beta directory.

lua/inventory/storage.lua - sort "In the item storage:"
lua/inventory/recall.lua - sort "Items on units on the recall list" both units by name and items by name
utils/chapter9_utils.cfg - remove units that are already on the autorecall list from the list of units to add
utils/chapter9_utils.cfg - sort autorecall list, units by name (with blank names at end), then by unit type
utils/chapter9_utils.cfg - show "not enough gold to add to recall" message
utils/chapter9_utils.cfg - keep Configure Autorecall open until you're done
utils/chapter9_utils.cfg - add numbers/oblique to units on recall list to differentiate those that will be recalled
Attachments
whu_updates.zip
(63.78 KiB) Downloaded 45 times