The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mechanical

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by Mechanical »

wtf bro
My art thread
If you like my art, try The Great Steppe Era!
Also try my Rage (16+) drakes slasher campaign!
Join the Wesnoth Modders Guild community!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

TheNIGROMANT4 wrote: March 14th, 2023, 1:02 pm Is it possible to play custom campaigns with the ROTL mod?
I have tried it but it just gives me problems when I'm about to end those campaigns and my units pass the level cap (+3 normally) with this mod.
As ForestDragon had explained clearly before, this mod will only affect mainline (units in the game client) units, replacing the mainline variants with its own. So, no. Custom campaigns cannot be played with it unless they use mainline units.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Rezonus

Post by Rezonus »

When the Drake Great Sword (lvl4) reaches max exp.

I get an error box that says. Error while playing the game:game_error: Could not find the unit being advanced to: ROLDrake Predominant.
Zergavas

Post by Zergavas »

Is their any way to play this era and starting from tier one?
livebananas7

Post by livebananas7 »

Can You Edit The Saurians so there are no swear words in there :|
Livebananas7
livebananas7

Post by livebananas7 »

Also can you make a unit on the undead team called the fallen mauler?
Livebananas7
IPS

Post by IPS »

livebananas7 wrote: July 14th, 2023, 8:15 pm Also can you make a unit on the undead team called the fallen mauler?
Wasan't it a lv2 version of Walking Corpse in WOTG era?

Still as a recommendation avoid multi posting and instead edit your posts to make it larger and contain more info. You're free to add more text to any one of your previous messages.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

livebananas7 wrote: July 14th, 2023, 8:14 pm Can You Edit The Saurians so there are no swear words in there :|
The closest thing to this I could find in the unit descriptions was "Saurians, though seemingly stupid, are in fact capable intellegent (intelligent) creatures."
The whole point for the majority of these descriptions is stating how the initial interpretations by the humans are incorrect, and their foolishness leads to their death. Unless there's another "swear" that I couldn't find, I think the use of stupid is justifiable and ironic considering the alluded fate of the humans.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the undead already has some of the most units in its faction, I'm not sure how adding a new unit based only on the name would change much of the faction throughout campaigns or in multiplayer. It might be cool regardless, though probably not worth it.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
livebananas7

Post by livebananas7 »

The Saurian d word shamen is what I'm Taking About
Livebananas7
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

livebananas7 wrote: July 15th, 2023, 4:22 pm The Saurian d word shamen is what I'm Taking About
Do you mean the Saurian Damned Shaman?
livebananas7

Post by livebananas7 »

Yes.
Livebananas7
Gothyoba

Post by Gothyoba »

This era is quite good and I have enjoyed playing with such high level units, as well as learning to use custom ones. However, I have unfortunately encountered a (minor) bug described below.

I am using Wensoth 1.16.9 and dowloaded this era from the regular add-ons server in-game. I have the latest version of the era, and decided to play in multiplayer as an Outcast. Upon trying to recruit, the following text shows up before the recruit list:

Error: there’s an unknown unit type on your recruit list: ROLRenegade Horseman

This occurs every single time I try to recruit using this faction. The unit it would appear to reference appears to be mssing in my recruit list, as warned. I have failed to reproduce this bug in version 1.14.13.
Whitefang Orc
Snorelax

Post by Snorelax »

I'm getting this bug for dune lvl 3 healer during a world conquest game. It's stopping us from world domination. Any help?
wesnoth error.PNG
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

elTykito wrote: March 9th, 2023, 10:04 pm So,first and probably for the "cliche but still true part", thanks for de mod/add-on,
Thank you for your compliments and quite a few very kind words from different people. :) And I have added in a new unit (lvl 5 Loyalist Horseman) to add an alternative to the Dragon Rider. :D

I would love to add new content but I think I need to be realistic, I have sadly not had time for this for over a year now and only find time to play the game every now and then. I have patched the bugs you mentioned though, so thank you! (celestial messenger, orcish exterminator and wose shaman line should now all work, let me know if you see any other bugs)

So I won't promise too much. But I will ask at the wider community if someone would be interested in taking over and maintaining this mod?

REQUEST FOR MAINTAINER FOR THIS MOD

There's a few bugs that need fixing and then the unit advancement lua code needs to be replaced with new features in 1.16 to more smoothly enable advancement (this should also improve compatibility with custom campaigns) and eventually it will also need porting to 1.17.

If anyone is interested please DM me!
Last edited by The_Gnat on September 18th, 2023, 3:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Snorelax wrote: August 29th, 2023, 7:22 pm I'm getting this bug for dune lvl 3 healer during a world conquest game. It's stopping us from world domination. Any help?

wesnoth error.PNG
Hey Snorelax! Sorry about this issue. It looks like there was a typo which has now been fixed.

If you still happen to want to play this try downloading the update. I'm not sure if it will fix your save file. If not let me know and I can either manually edit your save file or show you a command you can run in game to fix.
Gothyoba wrote: July 17th, 2023, 2:26 pm Error: there’s an unknown unit type on your recruit list: ROLRenegade Horseman
Thanks for spotting I have fixed it now and the newest version of 1.16 should work!
Rezonus wrote: March 30th, 2023, 7:28 am When the Drake Great Sword (lvl4) reaches max exp...
Thanks for spotting this error it has been fixed!
livebananas7 wrote: July 15th, 2023, 4:22 pm The Saurian d word shamen is what I'm Taking About
Hey livebananas7, sorry was gone for a while. I made up the names quickly so apologies if any of the naming or descriptions are considered offensive. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I have renamed the Saurian unit to Saurian Fiendweaver.
Zergavas wrote: June 4th, 2023, 2:52 pm Is their any way to play this era and starting from tier one?
Yup, just start the 'Default' era and tick the mod 'Reign of the Lords Advancement Mod' and all your unit will go all the way.