whas the deal with the bitter swamp?

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ChrundleTheGreat

whas the deal with the bitter swamp?

Post by ChrundleTheGreat »

im writing something that involves the bitter swamp and i remember having vistited it at some point during a campaign but i dont remember what happend on that scenaro or wich campaign that was, anyway i want to know what the story/stories are for this area of the map, i imagine it involves the undead but im curios about the lore of the place.
could anybody clue me in?
gnombat

Re: whas the deal with the bitter swamp?

Post by gnombat »

ChrundleTheGreat wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 9:32 pm im writing something that involves the bitter swamp and i remember having vistited it at some point during a campaign but i dont remember what happend on that scenaro or wich campaign that was, anyway i want to know what the story/stories are for this area of the map, i imagine it involves the undead but im curios about the lore of the place.
could anybody clue me in?
It's the location of the scenario "Mal-Ravanal’s Capital" in Eastern Invasion.
ChrundleTheGreat

i only remember a duel with him at the end of the campaign, do you remember what happend to/on the swamp?
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

ChrundleTheGreat wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 11:57 pm i only remember a duel with him at the end of the campaign, do you remember what happend to/on the swamp?
It's only in one branch of the campaign. In the third scenario, "An Unexpected Appearance," you have to defeat the eastern leader - then after that you will head further east, eventually reaching the Bitter Swamp.
ChrundleTheGreat

i found it, so i have to scape rigth? like is this pretty much all there is on the bitter swamp?
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

ChrundleTheGreat wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 1:16 am i found it, so i have to scape rigth? like is this pretty much all there is on the bitter swamp?
I don't think the Bitter Swamp is mentioned anywhere else in the mainline campaigns.
ChrundleTheGreat

thanks!!