War of Legends [MP Era for Wesnoth 1.16/1.18]

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: War of Legends [MP Era for Wesnoth 1.16/1.18]

Post by IPS »

Not reviewing much aspects from this era, but still I find some obvious things that are defenetively not fine.

1) Legion Elite Longbowman poison ranged is 7-2 while lv2 is 6-2 and lv1 is 5-2 . Obviously higher level longbowman poison attacks are underpowered. Poison deal as much damage in all levels and the damage loss from the unit for just using optional posion is not even worth in lv2 and lv3. In AE I used values 6-3 for lv2 and 7-4 for lv3 . Even with these values people (and me) do rarely use the poison attack unless of closed spaces or instead using lower level bowmen (or any other thing) for poison.

2) I do personally find Legion Enforcer melee+ranged damages too high (specially if melee has first-strike) , Unit has poor HP for a lv3. Maybe just that I do see too much potential in 1 strike units even without existance of XP mod.

3) Legion Guardian XP's insane high , recheck that.

4) Patroness too high damage for a lv3, combined of +line-damage , unit really don't needs Area of Damage in lv3. Maybe add +Marksman or +Skilled to lv4 to make her worth to be obtained appart of the area of damage bonus.

5) personally recommend regen+6 on all lv3 minotaurs. They do even have access to healer+8 on lv2, but not all turns will be exposed to them, as well regneerates losses value the more damage unit takes from stronger higher level units.

6) Mystic's melee damage is too overpowered LOL , decrease it to 7-3 or 9-2. As well that 70% mountain defenses and 60% forest defenses is as hell overpowered.

7) Axet Thrower too high melee+ranged damage in all levels. Low HP on lv2, maybe recheck to see if there is something wrong, but I find unit too powerful.

8 ) Fire guardian too terribly underpowered , there is no pricement that can fix these stats. As well in lv2.

9) Steel Wyrm too powerful melee for also 6-2 backstab, still low ressists, just a mention so you can recheck if there is something wrong in here.

10) Steel Splicer capable to defeat in 1vs1 a lv2 figther and being a berserking unit, indeed very overpowered.

11) Steel Vorpal melee damages too high (11-4) to also get +slows special.

12) Forest Spirit too high melee+ranged damage, maybe try 5-4 for melee.

13) Prophetess aura, healing and insane damages for melee & ranged slows all in one unit. She doesn't need enormous damages to be a powerful unit .. maybe 7-2 melee and 4-2 ranged? , 8-3 melee for lv3 ?

I didn't check intensively the era or anything else, just viewed in browser unit stats and just pointed what is indeed at simple sight an issue. Hope this helps even a little.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

8 ) Fire guardian too terribly underpowered , there is no pricement that can fix these stats. As well in lv2.
What should the intended change be?
Reduce cost to make recruit like a level 0? Perhaps like 7 gold?
Because the unit has been nerfed really hard by the mainline. Originally this was called "Fire Ghost" level 3 with 11-2 fire melee, 8-5 fire ranged marksman, 66 HP, now kind of a shadow of its former self.

As for the rest, I am looking into those so might upload a patch later this week.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
IPS

Post by IPS »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: May 14th, 2023, 2:40 pm
What should the intended change be?
Reduce cost to make recruit like a level 0? Perhaps like 7 gold?
Because the unit has been nerfed really hard by the mainline. Originally this was called "Fire Ghost" level 3 with 11-2 fire melee, 8-5 fire ranged marksman, 66 HP, now kind of a shadow of its former self.

As for the rest, I am looking into those so might upload a patch later this week.
Point means that no matter what price you set it there, it will be still a problem, at being low effort XP kills for enemy (which means easy XP to enemy to train his units). Same problem did occur with a EOM nailers rework to lv1 (EOM altering unnecesairly its already created content :cry: ) , they were THAT BAD that no matter the unit pricement and even an upkeep -1 ,buying the unit was a risk because it gives too much easy XP in specific situations because unit can't do well as lv1 unit with very low stats (and also in EOM lv1 devling without ZOC as well) Solution there was increasing unit HP's allowing it to at least live being exposed to 2 tiles in flat by neutral ToD enemy.

But what I did want to mean is that with such low HP and in overall weakness and lv1 status, no pricement will be fair for that unit at all. Other thing is that you could make it so extremely easy to lv2 but really weak on lv2 (just slightly stronger than a lv1) which also should need a as solution would need quick XP to lv3.

Other rasonable thing could be increasing HP slightly and combinining with corret XP to lv2 , to make unit viable if purchased very few times (2 or 3 , but no more). But in my personal experience, when a too weak unit is a lv1 and gives as much XP as lv1, it tends in being just XP farm material which oddly will not favour owner of the unit and instead favoring more to opponent because of easy 8 XP kill farm in a PVP game.

Or even simpler, making it lv0 and way more expensive and making it a strong lv0 tier unit which could still be weak and potentially overpriced, but being upkeepless and low XP feeding material for enemy (because of half XP per kill, and also no +1 XP for interacting with enemy unit) could place it in a much better position as an unit. Its current stats but as lv0 which advances to lv1 and probably and being more expensive but upkeepless could work quite okay.

Unit is 23 HP , 30/40% defense everywhere, no physical ressists, more weaknesses than ressistances, spearman on day ToD and 3/3 hit would take 4 or 8 damage to gain 8 XP and also discouting -11g (-1g per turn alive) to enemy, obviously that unit is THAT underpowered that buying it will only impair you because of too much XP material for enemy, other side of problem is upkeep debt and no upcoming gold later. Goblin spearman is lv0 with 6-3 pierce melee, is lv0, and even tankier in 50/60% defense and costs way less, but is viable because it gives nearly no XP on death.

Other odd way to balance it would be increasing massively its melee damage to make it hybrid fighter and atleast deal some damage at any of the two ranges before dying if used correctly, but that's a risk way to go.

Resume:
- Low HP combined of low damage in Lv1 and having lv1 status will not be fun to use but instead rewarding more to enemy because of free kills to promote his units to higher levels.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Point means that no matter what price you set it there, it will be still a problem, at being low effort XP kills for enemy (which means easy XP to enemy to train his units). Same problem did occur with a EOM nailers rework to lv1 (EOM altering unnecesairly its already created content :cry: ) , they were THAT BAD that no matter the unit pricement and even an upkeep -1 ,buying the unit was a risk because it gives too much easy XP in specific situations because unit can't do well as lv1 unit with very low stats (and also in EOM lv1 devling without ZOC as well) Solution there was increasing unit HP's allowing it to at least live being exposed to 2 tiles in flat by neutral ToD enemy.

But what I did want to mean is that with such low HP and in overall weakness and lv1 status, no pricement will be fair for that unit at all. Other thing is that you could make it so extremely easy to lv2 but really weak on lv2 (just slightly stronger than a lv1) which also should need a as solution would need quick XP to lv3.

Other rasonable thing could be increasing HP slightly and combinining with corret XP to lv2 , to make unit viable if purchased very few times (2 or 3 , but no more). But in my personal experience, when a too weak unit is a lv1 and gives as much XP as lv1, it tends in being just XP farm material which oddly will not favour owner of the unit and instead favoring more to opponent because of easy 8 XP kill farm in a PVP game.

Or even simpler, making it lv0 and way more expensive and making it a strong lv0 tier unit which could still be weak and potentially overpriced, but being upkeepless and low XP feeding material for enemy (because of half XP per kill, and also no +1 XP for interacting with enemy unit) could place it in a much better position as an unit. Its current stats but as lv0 which advances to lv1 and probably and being more expensive but upkeepless could work quite okay.

Unit is 23 HP , 30/40% defense everywhere, no physical ressists, more weaknesses than ressistances, spearman on day ToD and 3/3 hit would take 4 or 8 damage to gain 8 XP and also discouting -11g (-1g per turn alive) to enemy, obviously that unit is THAT underpowered that buying it will only impair you because of too much XP material for enemy, other side of problem is upkeep debt and no upcoming gold later. Goblin spearman is lv0 with 6-3 pierce melee, is lv0, and even tankier in 50/60% defense and costs way less, but is viable because it gives nearly no XP on death.

Other odd way to balance it would be increasing massively its melee damage to make it hybrid fighter and atleast deal some damage at any of the two ranges before dying if used correctly, but that's a risk way to go.

Resume:
- Low HP combined of low damage in Lv1 and having lv1 status will not be fun to use but instead rewarding more to enemy because of free kills to promote his units to higher levels.
Very convincing argument. The Fire Guardian is crappy as a unit. I am replacing it with a lvl 1 Dust Devil (no level up, but has buffing AMLA)

I wish I could make art but I suck really bad, since I think a Quenoth Elf riding a Salamander (fire-breathing lizard) would be quite cool as the fifth unit line. Welp, it's just speculation for now.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

War of Legends v1.2.7.29 has been released for 1.16.x add-on server:

Code: Select all

version 1.2.7.29
--> Deep Elves:
   --> Harbinger: add magical to ranged attack
      (This was a bug which has been noticed by IPS)
   --> Harbinger: cost from 95 to 101
   --> Patroness: cost from 45 to 55, XP 150 to 120
   --> Tyrhai Rider: +1 MP, XP 45 to 40
   --> Forgotten Minotaur: -1 upkeep (unit is still level 2)
   --> Nightmaiden: +4 HP
   --> Nightstalker: +8 HP, -4 cost
   --> Baroness: +9 HP, +4 cost
   --> Vault Lurker: +20% cold RES, melee: +firststrike
   --> Blood Maiden: +3 XP
   --> Vengeance: +5 XP, +5% parry on melee
   --> Predator: +5% parry on melee
   --> Elthare: +4 HP, +1 ranged damage
   --> Phade:  +4 HP, +1 ranged damage, -10 XP (90 -> 80)
   --> Irr: +1 HP, +2 ranged damage, +15 cost
--> Minotaurs:
   --> Gore-line: +regenerates6, -regenerates4
   --> Shaman-line: +regenerates6, -regenerates4
   --> Cutthroat-line: +regenerates6, -regenerates4
   --> Boar Rider-line: +regenerates6, -regenerates4
   --> Behemoth-line: +regenerates6, -regenerates4
   --> Mystic: -10% DEF on forest and mountains
   --> Mystic: -1 melee damage, cost 55 -> 48
--> Sylvans:
   --> Faerie Spirit: adjusted fire/arcane/cold RES to 20/-10/0 (from 0/-20/70)
   --> Faerie Spirit: -3 cost (63 -> 60), -2 HP
--> Windsong:
   --> Prophetess: melee damage changed from 10-2 to 6-3, ranged damage -1
   --> Ascendant: melee damage changed from 11-3 to 8-3, ranged damage -1
--> Quenoth:
   --> Replace Fire Guardian with Dust Devil
--> Dark Legion
   --> Archer: XP 39 -> 36, poison ranged attack damage -1
   --> Crossbowman: +1 fire ranged damage, +3 HP, -1 cost
   --> Arbalastier: +1 fire ranged damage, +4 HP, +10% fire RES, +4 cost
   --> Longbowman: -1 cost, -3 XP, poison ranged attack changed to 5-3
   --> Elite Longbowman: poison ranged attack changed to 6-4
   --> Gunner: -1 cost
   --> Enforcer: + 7 HP, + 3 cost
   --> Halberdier: -1 cost
   --> Pillager: -4 cost (34->30)
   --> Crusher: +7 HP, +20% impact RES
   --> Guardian: XP 110 -> 80, +10 impact RES, -6 cost
   --> Sentinel: +10% impact RES
   --> Medic-line: animations updated
       (you no longer see it changing to White Mage)
   --> Medic: -2 XP
   --> Healer: XP 136 -> 80, -7 cost
--> Outlaws:
   --> Axethrower: +2 HP, -2 ranged damage
   --> Axeman: +6 HP, +1 cost, -1 melee damage, -3 ranged damage
   --> Axemaster: +4 HP, +18 cost, -1 melee damage, -3 ranged damage
--> Steelhive:
   --> Steel Splicer: -1 melee damage, -1 cost
   --> Steel Vector: -1 melee damage, -2 cost
   --> Steel Vorpal: -1 melee blade damage, -2 cost, XP set to 150
   --> Steel Fideliant: -1 melee blade damage, -2 cost
   --> Steel Wyrm: +4 HP, -1 ranged damage
   --> Steel Serpent: +4 HP, -1 ranged damage
   --> Steel Leviathan: -1 ranged damage
--> Loyalists: (1.17.x branch only)
   --> Infantryman: new base frame and animations
--> Legends Conquest:
   --> Fixed a bug where units were getting duplicated traits
   --> New Modification available: AI random recruitment
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

War of Legends v1.2.7.30.1 has been released for Wesnoth 1.16.x server.

The 1.17.x one still needs to get the dependencies fixed so it's being delayed...again...

version 1.2.7.30
--> Aragwaithi:
   --> Ancient Banner: +15 cost
   --> Captain: -60 XP
   --> Eagle Master: +3 HP, +3 cost
   --> Enchantress: -4 cost
   --> Flagbearer: -5 XP
   --> Greatbow: +4 HP, +7 cost
   --> Guard: +3 cost
   --> Guardian: +3 HP
   --> Longswordsman: +3 cost, +10 flat defence
   --> Pikeman: -1 cost
   --> Shield Guard: +12 cost
   --> Silver Shield: +2 cost
   --> Slayer: -9 cost
   --> Sorceress: +3 HP, -6 cost
   --> Strongbow: -2 XP
   --> Swordsmaster: +10 flat DEF, +12 cost
--> Deep Elves:
   --> Fixed Corrupted's Ethergrip not working for all damage types
--> Sylvans:
   --> Ascetic: XP set to 88, +4 cost
   --> Mystic: +6 cost, gossamer 9-2 -> 8-3, faerie fire 12-3 -> 11-4
   --> Avatar: +40 cost, gossamer is 10-3, faerie fire 11-5
--> Minotaurs:
   --> Gnoll Marksman: +2 HP, -4 cost
   --> Boar Cataphract: +6 cost
   --> Boar Knight: -30 XP, +2 cost
   --> Cutthroat: -5 XP
   --> Elder: -5 cost
   --> Gore: -3 XP
   --> Mystic: -7 cost
   --> Rouser: -4 cost
   --> Savage: -4 cost
   --> Slayer: -6 cost
   --> Warlock: -10 cost
--> Windsong:
   --> Arbiter: -50 XP
   --> Ascendant: +2 HP, +10 fire and cold RES
   --> Sky Crystal: +20% arcane RES
   --> Savant: -3 cost
   --> Dreadnought: +4 cost
   --> Envoy: +2 HP, -6 XP, -4 cost 
   --> Lorekeeper: -9 cost
   --> Oathkeeper: +5 cost
   --> Pathfinder: -2 XP, +2 cost
   --> Farstrider: +6 cost, +1 HP
   --> Runeforger: +2 HP, +10 flat defence, +1 MP, -5 cost
   --> Reaver: -2 cost
   --> Prophetess: -4 XP, -6 cost
   --> Herald: -3 cost
   --> Emissary: +1 cost
   --> Heretic: -9 cost
   --> Warmonger: +7 cost
--> Vampires:
   --> Blood Apprentice: -7 XP
   --> Blood Manipulator: -13 XP, -4 cost
   --> Day Hunter: +8 cost
   --> Duelist: -9 XP
   --> Fledgeling: -2 XP
   --> Flesh Artisan: -1 cost
   --> Half Blood: -2 cost
   --> Malborn: +5% parry
   --> Methusalem: +40 cost
   --> Noble: -3 XP
   --> Sangel: +4 cost
   --> Sire: -30 XP, +15 cost
   --> Sword Dancer: +10 cost
   --> Thin Blood: -3 XP
   --> Twilight Walker: +5 XP
--> Misc: 
   --> Updated trait descriptions
--> Legends Conquest:
   --> New Policy: OOS/Lua error feedback due to external mods conflicting will be ignored. Tell the modification authors to fix their [censored].
   --> Added secondary traits to most of the WoL units 
   --> Added secondary trait slots for the remaining default units
   --> Removed ALL level 0 units from hero and commander pool.
   --> Buffed existing Trainings available
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

I don't remember if I asked about it in the past but I think that would be a good idea to add Woodlanders as another fraction :hmm:
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

holypaladin wrote: July 12th, 2023, 7:23 pm I don't remember if I asked about it in the past but I think that would be a good idea to add Woodlanders as another fraction :hmm:
First time hearing about it. Also, no. They lack some units for roles which need to be present in a basic faction setup. Their Shaman is in the outlaws factions. Also, I got like 2 forest affinity factions already so I am looking for something out of the box and full of lore.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

it's me again.
I have resumed progress on making content on this era so expect a release of a scenario some time soon.

Also, like some other authors, I too have opened a Ko-fi for collecting donations which will be entirely be spent on the production of more UMC content for the BfW.

I hope I can make the new content ready in time for the 1.18 release day, while improving the existing content to upper quality standards.
needmoreplayers

uninstalled addon problems

Post by needmoreplayers »

uninstalled addon problems
Last edited by needmoreplayers on December 24th, 2023, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Re: update needed

needmoreplayers wrote: December 6th, 2023, 5:22 am addon 'fraction theme flags' one of possible addons causing addon problems

addon 'fraction theme flags' should be included in whatever is main addon of this addon to possibly these problems

this needs a full check and update to make sure it works with other addons

not sure if this addon or addons are cause of problems
it's "faction". That's one.
And that addon one supports 4 major addon eras: WoL, Default, EoMa and GSE. Others don't have support for it.
Also, you should at least post the error message. Because without it, there is no proof it has errors.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

v1.2.7.34 Now available for 1.17.x servers
ChangeLog:
Note: Release of versions in 1.17.x was updated from 1.2.7.20 to 1.2.7.34. There's no versions in between them in 1.17.x server.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

It's me again, adding a +1 to my posts counter.

I have been inspired by other UMC authors to continue working on my UMC and resumed working on my aragwaithi campaign (featuring this era ofc!). I hope I can finish the first chapter in time for the 1.18.x release.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

v1.2.7.35 has been released for 1.17.x servers.
Read Changelog

version v1.2.7.35
--> AI:
   --> Adjust NoM AI to not break if used with Deep Elves
   --> A temporary solution until the Engine Bug is fixed
--> Arcane Resistances Readjustment
   --> Aberrants: +20% arcane RES
   --> carapaces: +10% arcane RES
   --> Aragwaith: -10% arcane RES
   --> Minotaurs: +20% arcane RES
   --> Unstable Elementals: arcane RES set to -10%
   --> steelhive: healer: +20% arcane RES, ranged +10% arcane RES
   --> vampires: +10% arcane RES
   --> windsong: -10% arcane RES
   --> undead mounted foot: -10% arcane RES
   --> Elvish Avatar: -10% arcane RES
   --> Legion Medic: arcane RES set to 10%
   --> Legion Healer: arcane RES set to 30%
   --> Legion Doctor: arcane RES set to 50%
   --> Loyalist Chevalier: arcane RES set to 20%
   --> Loyalist Crusader: arcane RES set to 30%
   --> Elder Lich Lord: arcane RES set to -20%
   --> Lich Lord: arcane RES set to -20%
   --> Windsong Librarian: arcane RES set to 20%
   --> Windsong Scribe: arcane RES set to 10%
--> Traits:
   --> Heroic: 50% -> 40% less XP to advance and 5% -> 10% more HP
Next on my list of features:
  • Give Steelhive healer line their maims special.
  • More updates to elemental daemons. They are half-done
  • Fix some bugs here and there
  • Release Aragwaithi scenario and then campaign