The Garardine Ascendancy (SP campaign for BfW 1.14)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

HatGuy

Re: The Garardine Ascendancy (SP campaign for BfW 1.14)

Post by HatGuy »

In the Dulatus Hills scenario there is a bug that prevents the goblins from doing anything the error message is

[allow_recruit] missing required type= attribute
TheNIGROMANT4

Post by TheNIGROMANT4 »

Is something supposed to happen if "Gryphon mountain" is completed with the Hypergryphon still alive or is it irrelevant?
rmj

Post by rmj »

"Is something supposed to happen if "Gryphon mountain" is completed with the Hypergryphon still alive or is it irrelevant?"

If I recall correctly, you can now recruit gryphons.
rmj
TheNIGROMANT4

Post by TheNIGROMANT4 »

It is a really cool and challenging campaign, but does not support the use of the add-on "Reign of Lords", which enables all units to go to up to lvl 5. The moment I uprgade a unit to lvl 4 with this mod I am not allowed to recall them in the next scenario. :(
saxo

Post by saxo »

lordsky wrote: September 4th, 2019, 12:55 pm I am playing this campaign (in Italian language), but i found a bug.

in the "Aethenwood" scenario, it happens that just finishing the intro the game says You have lost.
I did no action, but I can see that both main characters aren't in the map (so I suppose that there is something to fix)
Sincerely
I stumble on this bug too but in the "Open Cards" scenario (First scenario of the chapter Seven: The final countdown).
Garard is not present, Carolys speaks alone at the beginning and the message "You have been Defeated" appears...
Quite frustrating

It looks like Garard disappear somewhere...

I'm using the Wesnoth up to date package on Ubuntu. The addons are up to date too.

Saxo
ArthurMitchell

Post by ArthurMitchell »

I encountered a bug in the final scenario. First of all there was no dialogue at the start of the scenario. The Dunefolk spawned properly in the bottom. However Betlinda, Langlot and Sangyn seem to have not spawned properly and Garard talks to himself, because their dialogue is missing. I think they're supposed to arrive in the end of the previous map... but they didn't appear for me, so I guess this bug transfers to the next (final) map too. Curiously, when I click to read the Great Ballista's weapon special ("long distance") from the unit description screen, it immediately closes and I can't read it from there.

I didn't encounter any other bugs during my campaign playthrough (or maybe I didn't notice them). Overall, it was a very enjoyable campaign! Also to note while playing the campaign, I noticed a lot of simple spelling errors (in both dialogue and unit descriptions). It didn't detract much for me, but I think most spelling errors can be fixed, if you have an average understanding of English.
WLFobe

Post by WLFobe »

I was using Bararim's distant falcon attack, and I noticed something odd. When I attacked a level 3 unit I gained 3 XP. When I killed the unit I gained 8 XP.

So I replayed and killed the level 3 unit in close combat. 24 XP. It would seem there is problem.