Battle Royale map-pack + item mod (1.16, 1.18)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ForestDragon

Battle Royale map-pack + item mod (1.16, 1.18)

Post by ForestDragon »

To celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the Wesnoth Modders' Guild, I have decided to release my Battle Royale add-on to the 1.16 add-on server! (under map pack category). Started working on it back when battle royales were still a popular thing, then was busy with other stuff for some time, but then returned to it recently to improve and release it.

Description:

Be the last one standing in matches with 9, 20, 40 or even 100 sides!

The battle royale mod includes multiple battle royale versions of default maps, randomly spawning items, a shrinking map mechanic and more!

It also includes a 'Battle Royale Item Mod' modification that allows you to have battle royale items spawn in other scenarios/campaigns

If you like this mod, I recommend also checking out my other stuff too, and to check out the Wesnoth Modders Guild!

Modders' Guild link: https://discord.gg/jNvgk3bY8v
battle_royale_screenshot.png
Last edited by ForestDragon on February 27th, 2024, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
ForestDragon

Re: Battle Royale map-pack + item mod (1.16)

Post by ForestDragon »

The 1.1.0 update is out, bringing some tweaks (suggested by SV):
-added a message that shows the winning player at the end
-added a few options for configuring enemy spawns (normal, first-wave-only, starting-enemies-only, and no enemies). does not apply to ghosts, which are toggled seperately
-reduced exp multiplier from 60% to 50%
Last edited by ForestDragon on April 2nd, 2023, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Battle Royale map-pack + item mod (1.16)

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Heck yes!

I love this mod. Finally I can use my era's RPG variant here.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
ForestDragon

Re: Battle Royale map-pack + item mod (1.16, 1.18)

Post by ForestDragon »

Ported Battle Royale to 1.18