Rashy Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

basplate

Re: Rashy Era

Post by basplate »

Vyncyn wrote: March 27th, 2023, 8:02 pm
More repricement coming around here in soon, will be editing this post or adding a new one.
Please add a new one, it helps to keep track of this
- Viper price to 31g (-3g)
- Anaconda price to 48g (-4g)
not done, since they got the invisibility buff

I really should have done an update in between, or at least written down all the changes I made, especially with the human restructure.
Regis: No more javelin unit. Spearman now has 4-1 blade hatched instead. Might need some buff
Chevalier: Spearman does have a 5-1 pierce ranged and can advance to Javelineer & Master Javelineer.

Still working on the release. At least I want to finish the graphics for Regis warhammer riders

Current plan (Regis/Chevalier):
secret plan.png
Assassins are not gonna be in the next patch.
It looks great I hope we will have a preview soon :D
basplate

Post by basplate »

It's great to see that Regis and Chevalier will be updated especially Regis that needed to be more unique.
I hope we will have a preview soon :D
IPS

Post by IPS »

Edited previous post, to suggest +cures feature to factions with late full heal+8 and dark elves now being capable to treat poison (but still no healing faction).

Btw, Marashy is having same lowered physical ressistances and propierties like Thrashy, if you could make them 50% flat defense as well or instead removing all their weaknesses. Still I've viewed that these units are 10% arcane ressistances which leads me to think they're not exactly human xD

But even in case of 50% flat defense, fixing these weaknesses as suggested can help them in being more fair to use.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Ok, done

Marashy/Trarashy are indeed not (entirely) human, but can have many different ancestors, which their traits are based on. Including one possibly problematic trait: foxblood, which gives 10% more flat defense, so total of 60% for the lucky ones. Hope this does not imbalance things
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: March 28th, 2023, 2:40 pm Marashy/Trarashy are indeed not (entirely) human, but can have many different ancestors, which their traits are based on. Including one possibly problematic trait: foxblood, which gives 10% more flat defense, so total of 60% for the lucky ones. Hope this does not imbalance things
60% flat defense with just -10% physical weaknesses is wow nice. Only issue with this are cases which also unit have possitive ressistances (as lv3 Shadow Sentinel, Lv3 Marshy General, few other cases).

Still, being 60% defense in flat while being 50% in hills, mushroom, forests is quite odd. I have also a propossal to the foxblood trait.

foxblood: +10% defense in flat, forests and -2 HP and (-1 HP per level).

Can be rude the -2/-3/-4 HP in lv1/lv2/lv3 , but having 10% more flat and forest defense can help at avoiding a tons of damage. It also forces players to reconsider to avoid these units to ocupate the same 60% village/mountain/castle defense with these specific units unless resilient trait or just making them to think about a better formation that includes other non foxblooded in the 60% terrain and the foxblooded near that terrain but in a flat tile.

I hope this doesn't make lv3 timemage too broken :lol: :lol: , imagine having 60% flat defense and additionally 20% physical ressistances, that's an insane tank! otherwise you can be making him 40% flat defense as all other Trarashy mages.

Rest of pending stuff is still more repricements in some other factions.
- Great beaver price to 23g (-3g) -didn't realize this aquatic unit is only 5 movement, while being ground unit too, this make it fine-
- Bearver price to 46g (-2g)
- Deer Knight price to 30g (-7g)
- King of the Forest price to 44g (-10g)
- All foot lv1-lv2 forestfolk swamp defense from 20% to 40% (gonna try how does this faction here being 3 MP cost but 40% defense in swamps)
- All foot (except druids) lv3 forestfolk swamp defense from 20% to 40% & swamp movement cost to 2 (instead of 3)
- Forest Trapper price to 26g (-3g)
- Forset Huntsman price to 50g (-5g)
- Forester price to 26g (-3g) , swamp movement cost from 3 to 2
- Forest Ranger price to 50g (-6g) , swamp movement cost from 3 to 2, forest defense to 60% (same as default lv3 ranger)
Default lv3 ranger has also 60% defense in hills and 1 less movement cost in hills/mountains.
- Forest Axefighter price to 26g (-8g) , XP from 72 to 68
- Forest Axemaster price to 44g (-10g) , ranged damage increase to 11-2
- Forest Bear price to 30g (-5g)
- Spirit of the forsest price to 48g (-4g)
- Forest mage price to 33g (-2g)
- Druid price to 52g (-4g)
- Forest wolf to 28g (-2g)
- Alpha wolf price to 42g (+6g)
Not sure if wolves gain 1 trait only, but they would do better than without traits. Just to mention.

- Angel Archer price to 28g (-8g)
- Angel Marksman price to 45g (-7g)
- Angel Warrior price to 28g (-8g)
- Archangel price to 47g (-5g)
- Luz Inquisition warrior price to 28g (-4g)
- Luz keeper price to 22g (-2g)
- Luz veteran price to 20g (-4g) , also cold ressistance to +10% -they can lose in 1vs1 againist lv1 drake clasher-

I think that's all for now.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

IPS wrote: March 28th, 2023, 10:21 pm foxblood: +10% defense in flat, forests and -2 HP and (-1 HP per level).
Can't do. The original foxblood gives movement speed and flat defence for a trade of HP.
They can also have a "elvish" trait which gives 10% forest defense.

I changed the effect to +10% piercing resistance, +1 speed, -10%exp, and a -5%HP tradeoff

Trarashy and Marashy are supposed to be slightly weaker, since the traits are better than the default ones.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: March 29th, 2023, 3:57 pm
IPS wrote: March 28th, 2023, 10:21 pm foxblood: +10% defense in flat, forests and -2 HP and (-1 HP per level).
Can't do. The original foxblood gives movement speed and flat defence for a trade of HP.
They can also have a "elvish" trait which gives 10% forest defense.

I changed the effect to +10% piercing resistance, +1 speed, -10%exp, and a -5%HP tradeoff

Trarashy and Marashy are supposed to be slightly weaker, since the traits are better than the default ones.
Didn't see, the only way to see about that is downloading the era and browsing in wesnoth what does each trait.

So, these humanoid can also gain racial traits which is very interesting :D , also I was testing, and I realize that Marashy Thief cannot make any good use of Elf / Dwarf traits as the unit is naturally 70% defense in these terrains. Dwarf trait giving -1 movement is a strong handicap sometimes.

Balancing these traits will take some time, still, this make certain lv3 marashy/etc be real strong units.

About dwarivsh trait, I think that to help the unit a little bit, also giving additionally -1 cave movement cost and -2 on mountains. As naturally dwarves move 1 MP in forests/sands/mushroom while units with this trait will only be this quick in hills/mountains and in soon in cave too.

About elf trait, maybe +10% forest defense and +1 ranged damage?

Counting racial traits there are 8 traits, while in default most units have 4 traits to gain (strong / resilient / quick / inteligent) also some units have (healthy or fearless). But the more traits it means they will oftenly get less specific traits as there are more chances of gaining one of anything.

Counting all, just analysis I've determined that:
- 1 trait (human) gives XP reduction
- 1 trait (giant) gives XP increase
- 1 trait (foxblooded) gives MP buff
- 1 trait (dwarf) gives MP reduction
- 3 traits (human, draconic, repile) gives minor buff to HP.
- 1 trait (giant) gives mayor buff to HP.
- 4 traits (dwarf, elf, aquana and reptile) gives movevent cost buffs
- 1 trait (giant) gives +1 melee damage

Conclusion:
(1/8) of units will promote 10% faster.
(1/8) of units will promote 10% slower.
In average, there is no XP benefit from all the combinations of traits.
(1/8) of units will have +1 melee damage buff, this means units with extra melee damage will be half often than in human faction.
(1/8) of units will have +1 movement
(1/8) of units will have -1 movement
In average, there is no movement bonus between all factions, while in default it's 1/4 bonus for movement.
(4/8) of units will have bonus HP (either small or big), same chances as for humans to get +resilient trait 1 in 2.
(1/8) of units will have big bonus HP , smaller changes than getting +resilient in a standard faction.
(1/8) of units will have lower HP than base, smaller chances than from +quick trait
HP reduction is not a problem to worry about.
(4/8) of units will have ressistances buff.
(3/8) of units gets improved movement costs.
(4/8) of units gets improved terrain defense somewhere.
(1/8) of chances for poison inmunity, which is really nice.

So individually each trait is not that better at all compared to strong/resilient/inteligent/quick just because upgrades that matters most will be less often present in units as there are more chances. Option would be to add 3 traits instead of 2 or just consider how making 2 of 8 traits be more fair, but this will be really hard to view.

but I would say that main problem is that all combination of traits gives either bonus movement or XP considering that there is one trait that could negate this buff and adding it a negative value instead.

In case of 2 traits, consider this:
- another trait that gives -10% XP to advance?
- another trait that gives +1 movement?
- Elf trait maybe +1 ranged damage additionally?

This could be potentially the hardest decision you have to take, and it's purely personal up to you. But only flaw in my suggestion is that same unit could pontentially get both +1 movement traits, while idea is increasing a bit frequency to gain the important stats (extra damage, more HP, extra movement)... you can also make stats a bit weaker but they capable to get 3 of 8 of them but also many will lose the bonus movement because of getting dwarf trait as well :whistle:

Would mention a second trait that gives +1 melee damage, but there is one big problem with this , and that would be what if an unit gets BOTH traits with +1 melee damages? ending in a fighter that is 7-4 in lv1 lol.

Balancing how well these traits will do will be real difficult, but will be something unique and fun to consider once well done :D

Random pricing stuff
- Stonegolem price to 36g (-5g)
- Rockgolem price to 51g (-7g)
- Mountain flareman price to 28g (-4g)
- Roc price to 35g (-3g)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

I must say this is an amazing insight. Never thought about it that way.
Traits definitely need some rebalancing

+1 damage on elves might be problematic. Mages can also get the "Rashy" trait, which gives the damage and -10% exp (and handicap of -10%arcane res)
Adding another trait with +1 movement would have the same problem of a unit randomly getting +2mp

I have to think more about solutions to this. Maybe Marashy/Trarashy should be balanced same as the other factions instead of hoping the traits will balance them.

Traits for now (changes highlighted):

-Human: -10% needed experience, +10% arcane resistance, +3HP

-Elven: -1 movement cost in forest, 70% defense in forest (instead of +10%), +5 ranged accuracy

-Dwarven: -1 movement speed always rest heal, -1 movement on caves, hills and mountains, +10% defense on hills, total 70% defense on mountains. +2HP
I held of on the -2 mountain for now. 4Mp dwarvish unit will have the same movement as a 5-6MP unit without the trait. And otherwise Thieves could potentially go 7 tiles on mountain
Edit: I tried to make the trait conditional, so it doesnt affect thieves or anyone who has high mountain defense, but this did not work out.

-Giant: +1 melee damage, +5HP, +10% needed exp

-Fox: +1 movement, -10% needed exp, +10% piercing resistance, -5%HP

-aquatic: +20% cold resistance, +10% impact resistace -10% fire resistance, -1 movement costs on shallow and swamp water, +10% defense on shallow water and reef

-reptilian: unpoisonable, +10% blade resistance, -10% cold resistance, +20% defense in swamp water

-dragon: +20% fire resistance, +1HP, +2HP per level"

-rashy (mages and monks only): +1 ranged damage, -10%exp needed, -10% arcane resistance

edit:
They are very hard to balance. 50% flat and all the suggested resistance changes puts them at a big advantage. I tried to balance it a bit by giving lvl1 units only one of it (e.g. swordsman gets blade resistance and no flat defense bonus, keeper gets flat defense and no resistance)
Playing with them is more luck dependend than other factions and you have to keep track of the traits to put them to good use.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: March 30th, 2023, 3:50 pm edit:
They are very hard to balance. 50% flat and all the suggested resistance changes puts them at a big advantage. I tried to balance it a bit by giving lvl1 units only one of it (e.g. swordsman gets blade resistance and no flat defense bonus, keeper gets flat defense and no resistance)
Playing with them is more luck dependend than other factions and you have to keep track of the traits to put them to good use.
Yeap, remove the 50% flat defense buff, as I was guessing I was dealing with units with normal traits :whistle:

Btw, I think draconic could be also +10% defense in sands or -1 mp cost on there but also another -10% cold res or idk.

This means that an unit with both reptilian and drakes would move more like a saurian, but will be significantly weak to cold attacks.

Still, lots of traits that helps with movement costs could make these factions be quite interesting in randomly generated maps and in long scrolling survival scenarios. But it's the least accurate from all my feedback as I'm not really sure how to balance units in these situations without any kind of testing.

But yeah, only way to see how to guide these factions into a corret direction is testing and checking performance in many gamemodes (pvp, survivals, etc).

But yeah, making most traits be fair between each other and securing that gaining any 2 of the 8 traits is a good as default traits and that there are no bonus traits that are stronger than others.

Hope that all that analysis have helped a bit :mrgreen:

Edit: maybe decrease a bit some of their weakness or increase HP? as for bonus defense in certain terrains is not well used from traits.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Version 1.6 is released now on the 1.6 Wesnoth server :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thank you so much IPS, for your input.

I'll write a short list of changes in on the first page

Edit: 1.6.1 also released, which fixes another bug from the previous version :oops:
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo been viewing the update, and I realized about few things I think might be important to mention.

- Aquana right now has nothing relevant in lv1 ... only 4 ground units (which is way much lower than average faction) misleading them to have less unit diversity than most factions.
- Oddly, new healers 4 that are meant to treat poison also have healing+8 meaning they're now healing+8 which is way higher than wanted :(
For second issue, you can check in ageless era , Lv1 / EoC - Sylvans / sprite's codes (it's unit link in unit's data base, in ageless era) to check how to implement more correctly the poison heal without giving full heal+8
- Minor pricing stuff in lv2 and lv3's, still pending.

So I'ma proposse some bit of feedback once more again.
- Maybe all aquana infantry being 40% base in swallow water?
- Aquamancer HP to 28 (+3) , XP from 57 to 49
- Aquana bowman health to 34 (+2), they're quite overpriced, at least some few more HPs.
- Aquana mercenary HP to 37 (+1), XP from 41 to 37
- Lv1 / Lv2 aquana riders impact ressistance to 40% (+10% , they don't have any counters for similar units to wose)
- Maybe All aquana riders cold ressistance to 20% (+10%) ??
- Lv1 mercernary XP from 43 to 40
Problem of aquana is not having either fire, blade or arcane in ranged to have something to use offensively againist woses and take no damage and deal lot damage to them. They might be requiring more units to suit better.

- Chevalier Pikeman price to 27g (+2g) (cheap 11-3 pierce with first-strike)
- Chevalier longobowman price to 25g (-1g)
- Chevalier heavy crossbowman price to 28g (-2g)
- Chevalier swordsman price to 28g (-3g)
- Dardo Rirder price to 30g (-2g)
- Dardo Compositebowman price to 26g (-1g)
- Dardo War Chariot price to 33g (-2g)
- Dardo Sellsword price to 29g (-1g)

- Rune adept XP from 59 to 53
- Rune adept and all advancements no handicap in hills and mountains defense (normal dwarf defenses)
They're very expensive and bad at melee, they need this buff.
- Runemage price to 40g (-4g)
- Elementarist price to 61g (-3g)
- Dwarvish Engineer melee damage increase to 8-3 , HP to 48 (+3) , price to 30g (-3g)
Other issue is about engineers are forced to advance to baliste instead of becoming an stronger version of lv2, I think ballista should be optional advancement and requiring a new lv3 promotion that is more similar to lv2.

- Elyser Nymph price to 33g (-2g)

- Forest Hunter , Forest archer , Forest shaman and all their advancement swamp defense to 30% (instead of 20%)
- Lv2 forester and his lv3 also having 50% swamp defense (instead of 20%)
- Deer Knight price increase to 33g (+3g) because of new horns attack
- King of the forest price increase to 47g (+3g) because of new horns attack
- Bearver AMLA XP fix 42 to 150

- Lv2 gryphon (gnomes) health to 48 (+2)
- Dwarvish Forest Warrior price to 35g (+5g) insane 12-3 melee fighter, better movement costs, faster, wow, nearly comparable to lv2 steelclad.
- Dwarvish Forest Tinkerer price to 27g (-5g) , HP to 50 (+4)
- Dwarvish Forest sniper health to 60 (+5)
- Dwarvish Forest rapidfire health to 64 (+4)
Unlike dragonguard dwarf in knalga, they don't have 20% physical ressists, reason why the HP buff.

Good thing is that aquana now have base 30% cold ressists as bonus faction bonus, still it won't will be enough to compensate a lot of deficiencies in faction.

Maybe add a new ground lv1 recruit that is capable to ranged slow? so they can engage better with their melee blades with more safety. With something like 5-2 pierce melee and 5-2 impact ranged, 32 HP, 5 movement, 16 cost? I could mention lv2 stats in my next post if it's of your interest , but no lv3 as there is merman netcaster in the faction (but REALLY, aquana is missing factional virtues unlike most factions)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

- Oddly, new healers 4 that are meant to treat poison also have healing+8 meaning they're now healing+8 which is way higher than wanted :(
Fixed. Accidently put cures instead of the unpoison ability (confusing, as it's called 'cures' ingame)
Problem of aquana is not having either fire, blade or arcane in ranged to have something to use offensively againist woses and take no damage and deal lot damage to them. They might be requiring more units to suit better.
Maybe add a new ground lv1 recruit that is capable to ranged slow? so they can engage better with their melee blades with more safety. With something like 5-2 pierce melee and 5-2 impact ranged, 32 HP, 5 movement, 16 cost? I could mention lv2 stats in my next post if it's of your interest , but no lv3 as there is merman netcaster in the faction (but REALLY, aquana is missing factional virtues unlike most factions)
They have cold, which is as good as blades. But I get the problem. It's always weighting the importance of the lore I have in my mind vs having an actual balanced faction.
Against Woses I usually have the spearman. Decent blade damage for a cheap unit.

The new unit does sound nice though. Could be a simple fisherman with net&spear so it fits thematically. I'll work on something.

--
Dwarves might get a restructure too. I only introduced them 'cause I wanted to play with the ranged mechanic :lol: . Similar to the Assassins faction in AoH, it's more of a joke/fun faction rather than a serious balanced one.
For now I changed as suggested. As for new units for the Engineer, it might come later, but it's not a priority.
- Forest Hunter , Forest archer , Forest shaman and all their advancement swamp defense to 30% (instead of 20%)
This one is a bug too, thanks for noticing. I had put swamp to 40% (but it should have been swamp_water)

I'll release the fix when I'm done with the suggested unit.
lvl 2 stats would be nice too, thank you :)

Edit:
New units (they have a human variation as well)
fisherman.png
fisherman.png (2.29 KiB) Viewed 4408 times
retiarius.png
retiarius.png (2.61 KiB) Viewed 4408 times
IPS

Post by IPS »

Okay, first topic will come about lv2 aquana hunter, that will at least bring them chance to slow and do etter againist woses at slowing them, allowing them to take less retaliation damages. Second I've analyzed about gnomes and wow, I think fixing them to only -10% arcane ressistance (instead of -20%) and also 60% defense on flat (like vixens) could work. Gnomes have far much lower base HP and are costy, still their ressistances are really againist them. Would say harerier would be the only left at 50% flat defense just because of having higher base HP and more movements. More will be mentioned soon in the post.

Lv2 aquana slower would be simple, also forgot about the lv1 required XP to lv2 lol, that way be important too.

Lv1 aquana slower
5-2 pierce melee / 5-2 impact ranged +slows ; 32 HP, 5 movement, 42 XP to lv2 , 16g cost (for now)

Lv2 aquana slower
8-2 pierce melee +first-strike / 6-3 impact ranged +slows ; 44 HP, 6 movement, 100 XP to AMLA , 28g cost (for now)
Stats being low is intentional, they're meant to be civilians afterall.

- Gnomes also being 60% flat defense and only -10% arcane weakness (for harerider and advancement only arcane ressistance buff)
- Gnomes 40% sand defense? (incluiding hareriders and advancement)
- All Forest dwarves 10% fire/cold ressistances (except lv2 forest warrior and lv3 cutter) they will do worse in flat becuse of lowered physical ressistances.
- Forest greataxe ranged damage increase to 8-1 (they have significant deficiencies compared to other option) , but with the 10% exta fire/cold and higher ranged damage will be more worth it.
- Maybe making necromancers bit more different from default undeads instead of UD with only boneknight as bonus xd (something like ghoul archers, other type of ghosts, DA, skeletons and walking corpses may be fine, or idk).
- Skeleton Junker and level ups fire weakness to -10% and arcane ressistances to -30% (they're in overall much less tankier than other skeletons) -this also helps lv4 be more strong and archieve better as epic lv4-
- Lv4 Black Paladin no longer having weaknesses to fire and impact , also not completely lossing crossbow attack, to 8-2 value , and maybe ranged arcane damage increased to 10-2.

Wow, didn't realize that luz peasants have 1 negative trait lol, this make leveled up miltias be much worse than already purchased in lv1 , but what we can expect from a 7g lv0 , maybe add 3-1 pierce ranged to help them farm XP's?

Also been thinking a bit about lv2 veterans being somewhat weak and quite mediocre, it's justified they have better mobility, maybe... minor performance buffs?
- Luz veteran sand defense to 40% / frozen defense to 30% and 2 movement cost / swallow & swamp defeneses to 30%.
Doing less badly in worst terrains will not make the unit any OP, but it's really terrible unit overall and I think some bonuses are always welcome.

Ranged damage buff on lv1 dark elf thief did come handy, viewed that with dexterous trait they can be 9-1 on night and making a good use of dexterous trait. Which leaves me to think that considering the lots of problems that lv1 marashy thief has , maybe adding a weak pierce ranged to fix all its issues could potentially help it.
- Lv1 marashy thief new ranged attack 3-2 piece ranged bow.

I like the idea that only lv1 monks and guardians are 50% flat defense (this helps these units play a more defensive role) while swordsmen and archers are 40% flat defense but deal way higher damages. Also liked that on lv2 they gan the 50% flat bonuses as bonus. If you question me, I like the current status of flat defenses in marashy.

And a remminder to that lv1 marashy adept is missing the cold bonus ranged of 8-2.
- Lv1 marashy adept bonus attack of 8-2 cold ranged +magical

Maybe bring an optional lv2 marashy monk line that focuses on healing and maybe much lower damages? most likely heal+4 and cure-poison tier. Dunno if plans for lv3 with full heals+8 , but all that would them be more similar to Trarashy which are most similar faction in the era.

Ooops, also, didn't do repricing stuff on marashy... will do it now.

- Marashy Sorcerer price to 32g (-6g)
- Marashy spellblade price to 35g (-3g)
- Marashy battleblade price to 55g (-3g)
- Marashy longbowman price to 26g (-6g)
- Marashy warbowman price to 45g (-5g)
- Night guard price to 30g (-3g) , fackel damage increase to 10-2 , bow damage decrease to 5-3
- Shadow Sentinel price to 52g (-4g) , bow damage decrease to 7-3
- Marashy warmonk price to 29g (-7g)
- Marashy zealot price to 50g (-6g)
- Marashy Pillager price to 32g (-3g)
- Marashy Conqueror price to 52g (-8g)
- Marashy looter price to 33g (-2g)

- Mountain explorer HP to 46 (+2)
- Rashy energy mage melee damage increase to 4-2

Foxblood is not correctly giving 10% ressistance to pierce, because it's giving "10% ressistance to piercing" which is not the same and instead it's listed as a new ressistance type.

Trarashy also not having lv2 heals (not heven cures poison) but that on astronomer would be too weird and he has high 11-3 magical attack, not sure what to do to help Trarashy do better in here.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

And a reminder to that lv1 marashy adept is missing the cold bonus ranged of 8-2.
wanted to make them a little more unique from the Necromancer Adept. I did add a 7-3 (always 50%) cold range. From the damage calculation it should be comparible to a 8-2 magical

Trarashy Healer (+8 and cures, no lvl 3) maybe as alternative lvl2 unit for the Researcher?

1.6.2 is released with the changed
Potential Healer for Marashy/Trarashy is not implemented yet
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: April 1st, 2023, 6:58 am
And a reminder to that lv1 marashy adept is missing the cold bonus ranged of 8-2.
wanted to make them a little more unique from the Necromancer Adept. I did add a 7-3 (always 50%) cold range. From the damage calculation it should be comparible to a 8-2 magical

Trarashy Healer (+8 and cures, no lvl 3) maybe as alternative lvl2 unit for the Researcher?

1.6.2 is released with the changed
Potential Healer for Marashy/Trarashy is not implemented yet
Problem with Trarashy is that their healer is very late ... and they're not as ressistant as knalgan, dwarves or dardo to deal with no healers for all this long. Rashy dark elves have plague which is the exception. Not even loyalists that are much more solid are not missing healer until lv3's late game and instead getting it much earlier.

Only undead that is the faction which is most fragible have no healers in default, but everyone hates undead design lol (but again, they have crappiest plague but they have it), northeners have regeneration trolls which if not healers at all, they can absorb some damage and allow village usage for other units as well.

Only thing is about ranged consistency in lv1 and higher level up marashy adepts, the attacks shouldn't differ this much while promoting.

In soon I'm posting more about unit stats and more stuff as I realize exactly the changes, but as I've said, marashy not having heals as well very late heals just in lv3 is not a good idea at all.

Edit: I think that necromancers having a focus in a better plague unit, ghoul archers instead of skeleton archers and ghouls , and few other things, could make necromancers be different from undead. Default undead have TERRIBLE faction design and it's why it's almost nobody out of default community likes undad (flaws: crapiest spawn with maximun of lv1 which forces people to waste XP to plague kill which also have no other utility than multiplicating themselves, ghouls being forced to take significant damage to poison... bad in large maps, etc)