Vendraxis Prophecy, 1.16/1.18, Saurian Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hermestrismi

Re: Vendraxis Prophecy, 1.16, Saurian Campaign

Post by hermestrismi »

Refumee wrote: March 24th, 2023, 6:13 pm Oh that is very cool. I just use the AI right know just for side focus.
That "recruitment_diversity=0.8" is very interesting. I think I use it for the adventurer AI.
Enjoy ;)
Just check the wiki first since some of my codes are outdated or deprecated
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

New Version 1.0.3 is out.

Made Scenario 06 and 07 harder.
Change the position of the saurian and troll enemy. Reason, the saurian ally beats the saurian enemy alone...
In Scenario 07 I allow the undead faction to recruit Soulless, because it was too easy.

And some Bugfixing, especially the dragonfly rider, it was impossible to see if the rider is slowed or poisoned. Now it is.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Refumee wrote: March 26th, 2023, 6:01 pm New Version 1.0.3 is out.

Made Scenario 06 and 07 harder.
Change the position of the saurian and troll enemy. Reason, the saurian ally beats the saurian enemy alone...
In Scenario 07 I allow the undead faction to recruit Soulless, because it was too easy.

And some Bugfixing, especially the dragonfly rider, it was impossible to see if the rider is slowed or poisoned. Now it is.
I am at sc.3. nice work
WLFobe

Post by WLFobe »

I'm stumped. In the tunnels, I blow out the Orcs and Goblins, and come up against to Undead Saurians. Who are lined up six deep, and I have to attack them on a one-hex front. I run out of time. I can use Elementalists to push through, but they are bad at defending in melee.

What am I missing? Is there a secret door somewhere? (And why can the undead cross the chasms?)
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

WLFobe wrote: April 10th, 2023, 10:08 pm I'm stumped. In the tunnels, I blow out the Orcs and Goblins, and come up against to Undead Saurians. Who are lined up six deep, and I have to attack them on a one-hex front. I run out of time. I can use Elementalists to push through, but they are bad at defending in melee.

What am I missing? Is there a secret door somewhere? (And why can the undead cross the chasms?)
I am sorry for that. Actually the plan is/was that side 5 gets to 20 units and then you'll get a new event, that lets you flee to the north tunnels.
Did you kill them so fast? Maybe I need a another trigger.
Could you send me a replay? I'm quite intereseted.

Only the transparent saurians can cross the chasms. They are ghosts.

@hermestrisimi thanks for the kind words. I put a lot of work in this :)
WLFobe

Post by WLFobe »

So apparently I hit the Orcs so fast, the Undead Suarians have no room to spawn 20 units? Because they share the space with side 4?
WLFobe

Post by WLFobe »

I tried to attach a replay, but apparently it didn't work....

Now it does.
Last edited by WLFobe on April 11th, 2023, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WLFobe

Post by WLFobe »

VP-Tunnels replay 20230411-131540.gz
(45.9 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

Thanks a lot!
That replay was really helpful. Quite interesting how you solve the orc base :)
Anyway, I fixed it. Sadly you have to cheat to the next scenario or restart the whole scenario.

I needed some time to fix it, because I wanted to extensively test it.
WLFobe

Post by WLFobe »

So how was I supposed to handle it? Wipe the Goblins and let the Orcs and Undead fight it out until the Undead generate 20 units?
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

The Plan was the following:
1. The Orcs should discover the player earlier, so that a fierce fight starts
2. Later on the undead arrive (trigger is in the centre of the room) so that the orcs need to defend on two fronts
3. Undead getting bigger and bigger (they got 1.5k gold and turn orcs into undead)
4. Player flees to the north.

Maybe I should place some orc scouts closer to the player?
WLFobe

Post by WLFobe »

In my latest run-through, I did as before - surrounding the Orcs to keep them from recruiting (which triggers the undead) and then wiping them out while killing the Goblins and holding off the Undead. This time the escape triggered. But the Undead were bottled up, and I knew I didn't need to go that way. So rather that immediately exit, I spent about 15 turns killing Undead (1 or 2 a turn) and promoting select units. Some of those Undead are level 2!

By not getting the early finish bonus, I gave up maybe 2 gold/turn in exchange for probably 8-9 promotions. (The difference between the early finish bonus was 5, of which I would keep 40%.)
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

Are you suggesting that I should make it harder? And I should give the player a reason to escape?

Maybe, when the escape triggers, make the gaps bigger and an multi-front attack of the undead?
WLFobe

Post by WLFobe »

Maybe not, since I was on easy for this time through. I assume that there will be more high level Undead. At higher levels, a grunt or warrior due north of the Orc Keep will prevent the surprise assault. And I assume the harder levels have fewer turns?

Also, in order to get through the Undead (no longer necessary) I put emphasis on promoting Elementalists. My leaders are still level 2. At harder levels I don't think I could get away with that.
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

I take it into consideration for my next update.

Right now the difficulty level only decides how much gold the player got and how much gold the AI got. No more or less.
I want to change something up for higher difficulties.