The Ravagers - SP campaign for Wesnoth 1.16 [Feedback and development]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Re: The Ravagers - SP campaign for Wesnoth 1.16 [Feedback and development]

Post by WhiteWolf »

Uploaded a small update with some bugfixes.
1.4.1 changelog:
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Ysolde

Post by Ysolde »

Hello there,
I'm currently playing this campaign (not finished yet, but I like it so far, the drinking thing is a funny idea), nice to have this small update.
Here are a few bugs I went through
Spoiler:
Good luck for the next update !

(edit : I'm playing on wesnoth 1.16.6)
KillerKetchup

Post by KillerKetchup »

Hey there, playing this again for 1.16! Wanted to share that I had similar bugs to the above post, as well as a small solution for them. In the mission with an orc north and south, killing both grants you a bonus unit, one of these has cold attacks.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Uploaded 1.4.2 that addresses these issues. If you are currently on an affected map, you need to reload the scenario start save file.
1.4.2 changelog:
The Fear of Cold on the orc is not a bug, as KillerKetchup says, it's possible to gain access to a fighting unit with cold attacks on an earlier map, but it's also possible to beat the orcs without being able to exploit their fear. (IIRC there is no combination that allows you to exploit every orc you meet during the campaign.)
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Ysolde

Post by Ysolde »

Thanks for the update, nice that you could do it so quickly ! Thanks also for the cold tip (I could win the scenario without it, but I don't like missing things ;) I also checked my n°13 saved file, I remember now this unit to choose, and I didn't picked one with cold attack), now I will go on with this campaign.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

S0 (Inn Cutscene)
There is
1) an early finish bonus. Why? :D
2) a carry over percentage. Why? :D

S1
The reinforcements might spawn on a wall. That's preventable. :D
(Btw, two of the units in the initial enemy wave spawn on impassable forest fire. Also preventable.)
(Same for the Elvish Captain when turns run out.)
Spoiler:
S2
Spoiler:
Tbh, it's kinda odd that a Marshal is leading such a small scout party.

Inn (2)
not what I thought -> not what I was thinking of
there about something like -> there something about

S3
make advantage -> take advantage

S4
Sound alarm -> Sound the alarm
Lurm, the Swift -> Lurm the Swift
Maggoth, the Low -> Maggoth the Low
I'mean -> I mean (unless that's intended)
could prove as -> could prove himself as

When you've terrified Lurm, you get new objectives, which accidentally put defeating Lurm the normal way as a way to win (instead of a defeat)

Inn (3)
I'd suggest removing the mention of 'alpha wolf', both because it's based on a study that was disproven, and because it's usually used in a negative way. :/

is superior ruler -> is the absolute ruler

S6
aid her advice -> follow her advice
followed to her hut -> went to her hut
at the ready to -> ready for
shields up -> shield up
persecuted -> scoured

I can't change the coordinates of a location to be defended. (Test it yourself, it's easier to see than to explain.)

Units
Captain
Talented leader -> Talented leaders / Born leaders
and will soon the Ravagers -> and will soon lead/order/marshal the Ravagers

Why does the Pillager need 100XP for the first AMLA? It's a level 2 unit, so 100xp would be normal.

Attack animation of the Herbalist is a Silver Mage?

There doesn't seem to be a mention of the early finish bonus in any scenario, nor how high it is. S3 seems to be using the 'old' 80%.

In S3 Gallien is the one that says that he is going to make the Orc talk. But then Dayton says that Dothar is the one that's good at 'convincing' people to talk.

For some reason I can't undo recalls? ...It's because of the sound effect. :c

Maggoth needs his silver crown.

EDIT:
There is a mismatch between the description (both the weapon special and the icon) and the behavior of 'set on fire'.
Description and icon talk about the affected unit losing 10 hitpoints until healed. But the behavior is, that you burn for one turn, and then it automatically wears off.
There is also a lesser mismatch between the weapon special description and the icon tooltip.
weapon special: 10hp lost each turn until a healer (assuming that also means a village), or the unit rests (ftr, 'until healed' would be a better term if villages also count as healers)
icon tooltip: 10hp lost next turn unless healed

The counter of turns seems to be off. On turn 21/22 it said 'this is the last turn'. ._.

I think it's an old discussion, but why again do I not get xp for executing enemy leaders? (Beyond the normal fight xp.)

S9
librarian, Master Tharos was -> librarian, Master Tharos, was
disturbing Lord Blackwood -> disturbing you, Lord Blackwood
fair better -> fare better

Cormac starts with however much health he had left in the Clash of Three Kings, instead of fully healed.

One of the loyal Ducal Longbowman is a normal Longbowman. xD

Trainkill sidequest
Please give captain Larry a silver crown, it's easy to overlook him.

S10
Side 3 recruits a bunch of units and then just sits one them (and on their negative income). I think it would make more sense if they stayed inactive until you can actually reach them.

That spiderweb on 36,10 is impassable, but looks like a normal cave hex. Maybe the decoration is missing/something went wrong? (Seems to be the same for all 'spiderweb' hexes I can see.)

Dothars 'terrifying' doesn't seem to work. (Enemies are not affected.) (Enemies terrifying doesn't work either.)

S11
Addicus, unleashed his -> Addicus unleashed his (both times)

S12
we have been away -> we had been away
skills are not that hard -> skills are not that great

Wgy is 'Death of Milia' bold lettered?

Milia needs a silver crown.

Just weird to look at: Burning forest does not illuminate the burning hex. (Not the surrounding hexes, but that would have gameplay impact.)

You seem to be using an old version of the campfire, cuz that one should illuminate its hex by default.

The Ice Diamond (1)
(Barracks Tutorial)
decresing -> decreasing

Storage level 9 is hidden if you don't have town hall level 4 yet. (Usually it should show the building, and just say the requirements haven't been met yet.)

Okay, wtf. If you have the resources to upgrade to Storage level 9, the option to upgrade it disappears? ._.
Attachments
TRS-(TID 1) The Rugnur-Helhamel Mine Turn 50.gz
weird storage
(1009.95 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
TRS-(10) Dwarvish Mines Turn 18.gz
Dothar ability
(451.41 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Enemies can trigger the wishing well, and I have to pay for it. xD
Enemies can trigger the wishing well, and I have to pay for it. xD
TRS-(7) Crossing River Bork-Auto-Save1.gz
why no recall :C
(481.83 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Forgot how brutal S1 is, but I'm getting there...
Forgot how brutal S1 is, but I'm getting there...
walldude.png
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I've been starting to get back to Ravagers (TID), and I'm getting some error messages thrown at me.

Code: Select all

20230905 11:43:15 error config: Skipping over a utf8 BOM at ~add-ons/TBJ_Resources/_main.cfg:1
20230905 11:43:15 error config: Config contains invalid attribute name 'deep water', skipping...
20230905 11:43:15 error config: Config contains invalid attribute name 'shallow water', skipping...
20230905 11:43:15 error config: Config contains invalid attribute name 'swamp water', skipping...
20230905 11:43:16 error deprecation: campaign id='The_Elf_the_Dwarf_and_the_Mage' has extra_defines=ENABLE_DWARVISH_ARCANISTER has been deprecated and removed.; instead, use the macro with the same name in the [campaign] tag
20230905 11:43:16 warning preprocessor: Redefining macro WOUNDED_UNIT without explicit #undef at ~add-ons/The_Ravagers/utils/unit-utils.cfg:135
    included from ~add-ons/The_Ravagers/_main.cfg:147
previously defined at core/macros/unit-utils.cfg:256
    included from core/_main.cfg:19
    included from _main.cfg:18
20230905 11:43:17 error deprecation: ENABLE_AI_CONTROLLER_FOR_SIDE has been deprecated and will be removed in version 1.17.0.; A replacement is not currently provided.
20230905 11:43:31 warning unit: unknown unit in advances_to list of type Frost Initiate TRS: Frost Witch TRS
20230905 11:43:31 warning unit: unknown unit in advances_to list of type Frost Initiate TRS: Frost Witch TRS
20230905 11:43:32 warning unit: unknown unit in advances_to list of type Frost Initiate TRS: Frost Witch TRS
20230905 11:43:32 warning unit: unknown unit in advances_to list of type Frost Initiate TRS: Frost Witch TRS
20230905 11:43:33 warning unit: unknown unit in advances_to list of type Frost Initiate TRS: Frost Witch TRS
20230905 11:43:44 error deprecation: [store_unit_defense] has been deprecated and will be removed in version 1.17.0.; This function returns the chance to be hit, high values represent bad defenses. Using [store_unit_defense_on] is recommended instead.
20230905 11:44:51 error deprecation: [store_unit_defense] has been deprecated and will be removed in version 1.17.0.; This function returns the chance to be hit, high values represent bad defenses. Using [store_unit_defense_on] is recommended instead.
20230905 11:44:55 error deprecation: [store_unit_defense] has been deprecated and will be removed in version 1.17.0.; This function returns the chance to be hit, high values represent bad defenses. Using [store_unit_defense_on] is recommended instead.
20230905 11:45:01 error deprecation: [store_unit_defense] has been deprecated and will be removed in version 1.17.0.; This function returns the chance to be hit, high values represent bad defenses. Using [store_unit_defense_on] is recommended instead.
20230905 11:45:36 error scripting/lua: ai/lua/retreat.lua:67: attempt to compare number with string
stack traceback:
	ai/lua/retreat.lua:67: in field 'retreat_injured_units'
	ai/lua/ca_retreat_injured.lua:25: in function <ai/lua/ca_retreat_injured.lua:11>
	(...tail calls...)
20230905 11:45:37 error deprecation: [store_unit_defense] has been deprecated and will be removed in version 1.17.0.; This function returns the chance to be hit, high values represent bad defenses. Using [store_unit_defense_on] is recommended instead.
20230905 11:45:37 error scripting/lua: ai/lua/retreat.lua:67: attempt to compare number with string
stack traceback:
	ai/lua/ca_retreat_injured.lua:25: in function <ai/lua/ca_retreat_injured.lua:11>
	(...tail calls...)
20230905 11:45:37 error scripting/lua: ai/lua/retreat.lua:67: attempt to compare number with string
stack traceback:
	(...tail calls...)
stack traceback:
	(...tail calls...)
TID S2
Grúver needs a silver crown. Also, the scenario doesn't end when he dies.
Attachments
TRS-(TID 2) The Portal-Auto-Save3.gz
relevant save file
(815.7 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Try not starting in debug mode?
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

white_haired_uncle wrote: September 5th, 2023, 12:37 pm Try not starting in debug mode?
Fair enough, had forgotten that that was still on. But ftr no debug mode mostly means that I'm not shown most of those errors instead of them not happening.

EDIT:
The Lua errors happen regardless of debug mode.

TID S4
Why would there be a carry over percentage with less than 100 there? <.<

TID S5
feinds -> fiends

Can you stop enemy leaders from using the portals?
Spoiler:
I think the portals might be changing more often than intended? They change after every sides turn, so 5 times during one turn. Impossible to block portals properly like that.
Having to occupy every hex to ensure not being backstabbed by a random portal is very annoying. (Actually, you can't do that, so you get randomly backstabbed.)
Attachments
TRS-(TID 5) Entombed in Ice replay 20230907-131344.gz
I'll be replaying this, I had way too much luck with the portals.
(465.76 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
TRS-(TID 2) The Portal replay 20230906-214923.gz
(415.16 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
TRS-(TID 3) A Rescue Mission replay 20230906-220722.gz
(396.13 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

I see that Konrad2 has covered most of the typos :D

(1)
There is a recruit list for Dayton. Not sure if that's intended.

begins at Farzi -> begins in Farzi
Blackwood had been a powerful and respectful -> Blackwood was a powerful and respected
Their name originate -> Their name originates
the largest and strongest -> the largest and the strongest
clever to chose -> clever to choose
the army -> the armies
where the general -> where a general (unless you meant specifically that general, whose name Dayton couldn't remember, but then it would be weird phrasing)
throneroom -> throne room
coughes -> coughs

(3)
As time was going by -> as time went by
it'dve -> it'd've

(4)
your enemy is hopeless -> your enemy is impossible (or something along the lines of "we have no hope of beating our enemies without knowing their weaknesses")

(Inn 3)
speparate -> separate
live at -> live in
most powerful -> the most powerful

(6)
Konrad2 wrote: June 21st, 2023, 1:43 pm I can't change the coordinates of a location to be defended. (Test it yourself, it's easier to see than to explain.)
I was able to do this consistently by first doing the coordinates and only then setting the behavior to defensive.

come in for a tea party -> and we didn't come here for a tea party
Cormac IV. was the king of Dorest -> Cormac IV was the king of Dorest (you put a full stop there)
saw it clearly -> saw clearly
their peril gone -> their peril was gone
unawares -> unaware

(7)
and was forgotten -> that was forgotten
where is the corpse -> where was the corpse
was a name -> was the name
ran off -> ran away
blocked -> stopped
drinks from the tea -> drinks the tea (or drinks from the teacup)
heir is faded -> heir has faded

(8)
soon had to come to realise -> had soon come to realise
Yes I do -> Yes, I will
informations -> information

(9)
Why can't I recall my soldiers from the Battle of Three Kings?
Also, why do priests have 90% arcane resistance? :lol: :lol:

give me moment -> give me a moment

(Inn 4)
could have been assassins -> could have been an assassin
had to come to realise -> had come to realise

(10)
Description of monks and priors:
"This unit is allowed to heal..."
It sounds very unnatural, I would suggest to copy the same note for regular healing, like monk has in its description.

When one of my units picks up poisoned vial from one of the tombs, every time I reload back to a previous turn, the poison will reappear again, even if the unit was previously cured. The unit also keeps poisoned status even after leveling up.

thiefs -> thieves

EDIT:
(12)
Units keep pickaxes in future scenarios. I am not sure if this is an intended feature.
If your units is stunned during defence, and while defending still levels up, the overlay for being stunned is removed, but the unit is still stunned. Not sure if there is a workaround for this though.

at the courtyard -> in the courtyard
to a feast for crows -> as a feast for crows
safe shelter -> shelter (shelter already implies something safe)

(13)
In the reward menu for beating both enemy leaders in this scneario, Dune Blademaster doesn't have an image like all the other units have.
It seems that Dothar's 'defender' activates when enemies attack Dothar as well as when they attack an adjacent ally. The description for the ability doesn't match that if that's an intender feature.

Blackwood was their leader -> Blackwood is their leader
if what you say Hewell is true -> Hewell, if what you say is true
but necessary -> but a necessary
part in the plan -> part of the plan
running from -> running away from
end up flesh -> end up as flesh
as a I side effect -> as a side effect

(14)
marches -> marshes

(15)
If your unit goes over another unit while both of them are in acid, the unit that was just standing there idly will recieve damage, instead of the unit that has moved.

(16)
if you only grant us -> only if you grant us
heared -> heard
trechary -> treachery
slight mistaken -> slightly mistaken (unless it's an archaism I don't know about)
accross -> across
reappers at Blackwood -> reappears in front of Blackwood
emptyness -> emptiness

(Inn 6)
offered -> granted
she was and excellent -> she was an excellent

(17)
The Snowy Galcier -> The Snowy Glacier

(18)
shelter to travelers -> shelter for travelers
though our blockade -> through our blockade
hunderds -> hundreds
that we are not to be stopped -> that we cannot be stopped
unkown -> unknown
decesion -> decision (I was looking forward to that siege scenario :lol: )

(19)
to steal herself into -> to sneak into
you are hereby standing -> you hereby stand

(20)
Units are able to pick up two (or maybe even more) swords from the catacombs and have same attack displayed in the sidebar multiple times.

we beg to hear us out -> we beg you to hear us out
inseparatable -> inseparable
for examples -> for example
Don't need -> No need (or 'You don't need')
day was done -> day was over
They saved us many casualties today, they did -> Spared us many casualties today, they did (or 'They spared us many casualties today')

(21)
Are you gone mad -> Have you gone mad
I fail -> I will fail
he fled off -> he fled (or 'he ran away')
realise -> realised
all them -> all of them
follower -> followers
egallager

Post by egallager »

EarthCake wrote: September 7th, 2023, 4:06 pm (14)
marches -> marshes
No, marches is correct; see the following commentary from AOI:

#po: "northern marches" is *not* a typo for "northern marshes" here.
            #po: In archaic English, "march" means "border country".
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

egallager wrote: September 8th, 2023, 3:40 am
marches -> marshes

Scenario 14 really does contain marshes though.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

TID, frost people
I think the Lancemaster is supposed to be an advancement of the Lanceman, not a standalone unit.

Some portals seem to be going only one way (Irdya -> frozen world), I'm not sure if that's intended. (The two portals in the upper section of the mine.)
Konrad2 wrote: September 5th, 2023, 1:26 pm Can you stop enemy leaders from using the portals?
Looks like it's just that one leader with teleport, but if there is nothing to stop them from using portals, you should implemet something. <.<

I feel like the Frozen Humans are not intent(?) enough on entering Irdya. I did replay the scenario with a bit fairer portals, but I still win quite handidly. They could make me so much more trouble if they focus more on using the portals to cross over, making it much harder/challenging to root them out.

Back at the Inn
It would be great if I had a way to check what kinds of drinks I have before continuing the story.

ball of fire (Tharos weapon special)
It has some weird interactions when it triggers. It seems to remove labels/clutter/stuff from the map, like corpses, blood, or markers, like the artifact marker in the provided save.

Skeletal Dragon Crusher seems to have some bugs too. (It's an ability awarded for killing a legendary enemy.)
1) It's supposed to lower impact res by 20%. It instead sets impact res to -40%.
2) It's supposed to work on enemies. It works on enemies AND allies.
(See save file.)

The Wail
Why is there a carry over percentage? :(((((

CT 2 Valley of Death
Something seems to be wrong with the Tauroch Riders (Desert Elves) in your campaign. They are not assigned the correct race, I think, which leads to them having no names, no traits, no race.

Why are the 'neutrals' on the same side as my enemies (Dunefolk or Desert Elves)?
Also, I don't remember anymore, but are the orcs/Dunefolk/Desert Elves supposed to start fighting from turn 1, or only when I arrive at their place?
Attachments
TRS-(15) Prison of the King-Auto-Save10.gz
Test Dothar on the Ogre nad the Mudcrawler.
(813.21 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
TRS-(14) The Ancient Battlefield-Auto-Save8.gz
Use Tharos to attack some bunched up enemies.
(853.03 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
TRS-(TID 5) Entombed in Ice replay 20230909-131958.gz
(457.71 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
TRS-(TID 5) Entombed in Ice-Auto-Save9.gz
One way teleport
(1007.71 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

egallager wrote: September 8th, 2023, 3:40 am
marches -> marshes

I think WhiteWolf here was referring to the marshes that were described in the same sentence and that it has nothing to do with marches as described up there.

(Inn 7)
greates -> greatest
hate -> hatred

come one -> come on (when solving riddles)

Tidal flood drown -> Tidal flood drowns

I believe you -> I'll believe you (when starting Trainkill sidequest)
liqour -> liquor (when ending Trainkill sidequest)

valeuable -> valuable

(CT S2)
pass -> passed
Damn do I ever talk too much! -> Damn, I talk too much!
Decision yours -> Decision is yours (Unless this is some weird saurian slang)

(CT S3)
joined with the crew -> joined the crew
dry -> dries
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

S18 The True North
There is no information about carry over or early finish bonus.

S19 The Warchief
Konrad2 wrote: September 8th, 2023, 8:51 am ball of fire (Tharos weapon special)
It has some weird interactions when it triggers. It seems to remove labels/clutter/stuff from the map, like corpses, blood, or markers, like the artifact marker in the provided save.
This is also a problem in S19, as it removes the traps, or rather the fields where I'm supposed to be able to put traps.

Pidug's statistics
It says he has a fear of betrayal, but the detailed description talks about a fear of saurians instead.
Skuns arrival changes the map, moving a village from 49,33 to 52,35 xd

Some suggestions for Fiend of Vrahim (FoV):
When Dayton is in command, name his side Greenwood, instead of Ravagers.
In S3, name the players side 'Duchy of Vrahim'. Also, in S2 and S3 I have Ravagers on my recruit list (sure, there is no keep I can recruit from, but still).
Btw, why do I even have gold in the first 3 scenarios? There is no way to keep it considering the huge upkeep in S3.
Adda needs a silver crown.
I think I found an old bug. S4 can spawn legendary enemies (when Dayton is drunk), which isn't supposed to happen outside of the main story.
Attachments
TRS-(FoV 4) The Flight-Auto-Save4.gz
dragon
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 16 times
TRS-(19) The Warchief-Auto-Save14.gz
no traps
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 23 times