Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

dwarftough

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dwarftough »

Toranks wrote: March 20th, 2023, 5:30 pm
Thanks, I just wanted to know if there were any known bugs so I know where to look, and in the end it wasn't the campaign but an addon that does an [remove_object] which apparently rebuilds the unit without the equipped items.I figured out the cause and will look for a fix.
Yeah, [remove_object] breaks LotI items effects. Most of them (except the most basic I think) are installed by the update_stats lua function, so it should be called in such cases. And a third-party mod that knows nothing about LotI obviously doesn't do it
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Toranks
Translator

Post by Toranks »

dwarftough wrote: March 20th, 2023, 6:02 pm Yeah, [remove_object] breaks LotI items effects. Most of them (except the most basic I think) are installed by the update_stats lua function, so it should be called in such cases. And a third-party mod that knows nothing about LotI obviously doesn't do it
Oh, thanks! This tested piece of code can restore all items easily with any addon that use [remove_object] or [transform_unit] or similar, to not interfere with LOTI:

Code: Select all

[event]

SOME EVENT WHERE $unit IS THE PRIMARY UNIT

[remove_object]
        id=$unit.id
        object_id=id_of_any_object
    [/remove_object]
#ifdef CAMPAIGN_LEGEND_OF_THE_INVINCIBLES_PART_I
	[update_stats]
		id=$unit.id
	[/update_stats]
#else
#ifdef CAMPAIGN_LEGEND_OF_THE_INVINCIBLES_PART_II
	[update_stats]
		id=$unit.id
	[/update_stats]
#else
#endif
#endif
[/event]
Toranks
Translator

Post by Toranks »

Doom ability works on the player? An enemy with the doom ability hits on me on any unit and does not reduce my resistances. I've tested with many units and nothing. If the owner of the ability is the player (me), the ability works on my enemies.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Toranks wrote: March 25th, 2023, 9:46 am Doom ability works on the player? An enemy with the doom ability hits on me on any unit and does not reduce my resistances. I've tested with many units and nothing. If the owner of the ability is the player (me), the ability works on my enemies.
Does an enemy hit you on offense? Or when defending? Doom works only on offense
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Toranks
Translator

Post by Toranks »

dwarftough wrote: March 25th, 2023, 12:09 pm
Toranks wrote: March 25th, 2023, 9:46 am Doom ability works on the player? An enemy with the doom ability hits on me on any unit and does not reduce my resistances. I've tested with many units and nothing. If the owner of the ability is the player (me), the ability works on my enemies.
Does an enemy hit you on offense? Or when defending? Doom works only on offense

Oh, you're right. I've discovered that weapon specials that produce some sort of curse or handicap are supposed to be until the next advancement:
- Only applies on offense.
- They can be applied more than once, they are cumulative.
- They are not cured by advancements, or any other way that I know of. > Caused by an addon
Why is it so? Example: doom, mahyem, trickery...
Last edited by Toranks on March 25th, 2023, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toranks
Translator

Post by Toranks »

Thanks to the conversation on Discord with @dwarftough, I found out that the third point (not cured) was due to an addon.
The other two remain true, and are not clarified anywhere. I would add one more question in the FAQ such as:

How do potion effects work?
Temporary effects last as long as it says, permanent effects are erased at the next advancement.

How do doom and other ability curses work?
The curses only applies on offense, are cumulative (you can have several), and they are all erased in the next advance.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Toranks wrote: March 25th, 2023, 7:02 pm How do potion effects work?
Temporary effects last as long as it says, permanent effects are erased at the next advancement.
Well, I think they are all temporary then...

There was an explanation in the Tutorial about potions
tutorialpotion.png
manomount

Post by manomount »

Love the campaign I've played through both several times now over the last few years. One question and one request if it isn't too much.

The paladin advancement use to be to some male flying version like the female celestrial messenger, now its a guy on the horse call prophet. Is there another advancement to get to the flying guys or were they eliminated? they were my favorite.

Some other campaigns have a query if you want to skip the dialogs, having played several times, this would be nice.

thanks!
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

manomount wrote: March 26th, 2023, 10:40 pm The paladin advancement use to be to some male flying version like the female celestrial messenger, now its a guy on the horse call prophet. Is there another advancement to get to the flying guys or were they eliminated? they were my favorite.
I don't know if it was like that long time ago or you just confused things, but Celestial Messengers are advanced from White Mages, not from Paladins.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

manomount wrote: March 26th, 2023, 10:40 pm Some other campaigns have a query if you want to skip the dialogs, having played several times, this would be nice.
Note that you can skip dialogs with the Escape key (at least, for the desktop version - there might not be a way to do it on mobile devices).
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

dwarftough wrote: March 25th, 2023, 9:25 pm

Actually, don't at least some potions remain in effect for at least some units (Efraim in particular), at least early on until they advance to a certain level?

In particular, I'm thinking of the heal and +10HP, the HP bonus does not go away when he takes additional AMLAs. I used to take those a lot in the early game when he is rather weak and I want to advance him quickly (extra HP lets him fight more).

Or has this changed?

Or do I not understand the definition of "advancement", or maybe it's different for your heroes?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

white_haired_uncle wrote: March 28th, 2023, 3:59 am
dwarftough wrote: March 25th, 2023, 9:25 pm

Actually, don't at least some potions remain in effect for at least some units (Efraim in particular), at least early on until they advance to a certain level?

In particular, I'm thinking of the heal and +10HP, the HP bonus does not go away when he takes additional AMLAs. I used to take those a lot in the early game when he is rather weak and I want to advance him quickly (extra HP lets him fight more).

Or has this changed?

Or do I not understand the definition of "advancement", or maybe it's different for your heroes?
Well, with all the bugs, the situation is: potion effects go away after an AMLA received (not an advancement to the next level, AMLA only, when you pick one option from a long list of upgrades) if your unit got it on your turn (so if an enemy overfills your unit's XP during the enemy turn, it doesn't remove potion effects)
manomount

Post by manomount »

dwarftough wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:00 am
manomount wrote: March 26th, 2023, 10:40 pm The paladin advancement use to be to some male flying version like the female celestrial messenger, now its a guy on the horse call prophet. Is there another advancement to get to the flying guys or were they eliminated? they were my favorite.
I don't know if it was like that long time ago or you just confused things, but Celestial Messengers are advanced from White Mages, not from Paladins.
Read my question again plz. There was a male version LIKE the celestial messenger (except they didn't animate the flying, just had static wings) and it was an advancement from Paladin. I am 100% certain of the advancement path. This was only a couple years ago although it was a raspberry pi distrobution so it might have been based on an older version. I heavily used roving combos of 2-3 of these
white flying male with one celestial messenger are larger maps with mountains as they had 1 movement everywhere. These paladin advanced units didn't heal, so I would keep a celestial messenger with them for healing.

I've looked through the github files. I must be in an alternate reality.
manomount

Post by manomount »

dwarftough wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:00 am
Read my question again plz. There was a male version LIKE the celestial messenger (except they didn't animate the flying, just had static wings) and it was an advancement from Paladin. I am 100% certain of the advancement path. This was only a couple years ago although it was a raspberry pi distrobution so it might have been based on an older version. I heavily used roving combos of 2-3 of these
white flying male with one celestial messenger are larger maps with mountains as they had 1 movement everywhere. These paladin advanced units didn't heal, so I would keep a celestial messenger with them for healing.

I've looked through the github files. I must be in an alternate reality.
manomount

Post by manomount »

gnombat wrote: March 27th, 2023, 1:57 pm
manomount wrote: March 26th, 2023, 10:40 pm Some other campaigns have a query if you want to skip the dialogs, having played several times, this would be nice.
Note that you can skip dialogs with the Escape key (at least, for the desktop version - there might not be a way to do it on mobile devices).
thx!