Xalzar Quest (SP campaign for 1.14 BfW)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

rmj

Re: Xalzar Quest (SP campaign for 1.14 BfW)

Post by rmj »

Final scenario.

When I killed a lesser dragon, the dragon is supposed to get more gold, but an error message appeared. For [gold] there was no =amount.
rmj
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

rmj wrote: January 29th, 2022, 4:55 pm Final scenario.

When I killed a lesser dragon, the dragon is supposed to get more gold, but an error message appeared. For [gold] there was no =amount.
Fixed in version 2.0.3

My apologies for the inconvenience, I tested the campaign only in Normal difficulty.
rmj

Post by rmj »

In scenario 1 you have misused the [else] for creating the wolves. As a result, on easy 17 wolves show up.
rmj
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

rmj wrote: February 5th, 2022, 3:14 am In scenario 1 you have misused the [else] for creating the wolves. As a result, on easy 17 wolves show up.
Fixed
Kruggov

Post by Kruggov »

Code: Select all

<Lua Error>	game_error: unknown unit type: Goblin Wolf Rider
			stack traceback:
				[C]: in local 'cmd'
				lua/wml-utils.lua:145: in field 'handle_event_commands'
				lua/wml-flow.lua:6: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:4>
I'm pretty sure that's because the unit that was supposed to be there is named Wolf Rider, not Goblin Wolf Rider.
EDIT: Forgot to note, that's in the second scenario.
Hiromasa

Post by Hiromasa »

In scenario 3, Wose joins, but I feel that he is only going to be shackled and make it harder to do.
I don't see the benefit of Wose being there.
There is a use for Wose in scenario 4, but there is no point in taking it out and using it instead of a unit of the lizard tribe, and even less so in scenario 5, since it is a cave.
In practice, the presence of 'Murblum's death' as a defeat condition has made play difficult.
There is a feeling that the slow Wose, which cannot follow the movement of the lizardfolk, although there is such a thing as leadership to the Wose, is going back and making the campaign a dull one.
Hiromasa

Post by Hiromasa »

In scenario 3, Wose joins, but I feel that he is only going to be shackled and make it harder to do.
I don't see the benefit of Wose being there.
There is a use for Wose in scenario 4, but there is no point in taking it out and using it instead of a unit of the lizard tribe, and even less so in scenario 5, since it is a cave.
In practice, the presence of 'Murblum's death' as a defeat condition has made play difficult.
There is a feeling that the slow Wose, which cannot follow the movement of the lizardfolk, although there is such a thing as leadership to the Wose, is going back and making the campaign a dull one.
Hiromasa

Post by Hiromasa »

In scenario 3, the Wose, with the exception of Murblum, can be left in the forest at the point of emergence and end up with no problems, as the Elves do not actively pursue them.
I thought it would be good to have a scenario after scenario 3 where 2-3 Wose were glad to be there.
ElderDays

Post by ElderDays »

On the Wild Land mission the game ends on turn 18 instead of 24
WLFobe

Xalzar Quest on 1.16.11

Post by WLFobe »

I just downloaded the game and tried to play it. It seems to be different from what was in the earlier versions. The underground scenario is entitled "Under the Eastmark Hills". How are Saurians supposed to fight level 3 Spectres?