Campaign "Sanctuary"

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

walodar

Re: Campaign "Sanctuary"

Post by walodar »

Wesnoth 1.15.13 brought add-on tags in the UI and various new horse units, they are now available in the 1.15 branch of the new version 1.1.5 of the campaign.
walodar

Post by walodar »

Version 1.1.6 of the campaign is out. Once again, the 1.15 branch incorporates the unit changes of the new Wesnoth release 1.15.14 (1.16 Beta 1), which apparently also uses a new 1.16 add-on server instance.
walodar

Post by walodar »

Sanctuary is now also available on the new add-on server instance for Wesnoth 1.17.

It is identical to the latest version on the add-on server instance for Wesnoth 1.16 (campaign version 1.1.6).
walodar

Post by walodar »

Version 1.1.7 is out, but only for Wesnoth 1.17, because it is just a reaction to a change in the 1.17 branch of Wesnoth introduced in Wesnoth 1.17.4: The image format for the mainline portraits was changed from PNG to WebP.
walodar

Post by walodar »

Again only for Wesnoth 1.17, version 1.1.8 is now online. It includes the new units Nibbler and Caribe from Wesnoth 1.17.5.
walodar

Post by walodar »

Wesnoth 1.17.6 brought new mainline units again, so version 1.1.9 of the campaign is now out for Wesnoth 1.17. Now newly available are Hunter Caribe, Death Squire, Skeleton Rider and Bone Knight.
walodar

Post by walodar »

Version 1.2.0 of the campaign is now available for Wesnoth 1.17. It includes the new scuttler (sand_scorpion) variation of the Walking Corpse and Soulless introduced in Wesnoth 1.17.9.
walodar

Post by walodar »

As a reaction to the release of Wesnoth 1.17.10, version 1.2.1 of the campaign is now online for Wesnoth 1.17. It uses the new Saurian Spearthrower and Saurian Javelineer units. The Orcish Nightblade is no longer recruitable, since it is now an advancement of the Orcish Slayer.
walodar

Post by walodar »

Version 1.2.2 of the campaign is now out for Wesnoth 1.17, it is up-to-date with Wesnoth 1.17.12. Quite a few new units where added: Dragonfly Naiad, Dragonfly, Grand Dragonfly, Firebane Ant, Firebomb Ant, Kraken, Sand Scuttler (now a separate unit, no longer a variation of Giant Scorpion) and Soldier Ant.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

Someone have replay for level 4 wesnoth 1,16or17?
walodar

Post by walodar »

Hi,
thanks for the interest. I do not have a current replay, but especially for the last scenario, both Konrad2's and EarthCake's replays for Wesnoth 1.15.2 from the second page of this thread in viewtopic.php?p=649891#p649891 and viewtopic.php?p=649922#p649922 still almost fit the current version of the campaign.

I think only Wyvern Riders were added to the last scenario since then, and compared to other level 4 and 5 units, they are not extremely dangerous enemies.

After selecting "Ignore All" for the out-of-sync errors, the replays work for me with the current Wesnoth version.

The last scenario is a challenge, but winning is possible.

The chosen difficulty level is relevant, most importantly:
Spoiler:
Also, recruiting the quite powerful "Battle Mage" custom unit in the first scenario might make finishing the campaign easier, but then, I am biased ;)

But it's not necessary, EarthCake's replay shows a win without it on the hardest difficulty level.

Thank you for the interest in this little campaign!
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

Thanks for reply replay works well .did they save loading ? Most of times they had luck.
walodar

Post by walodar »

Thanks, I'm glad it works for you as well. As far as I know, there is no way to tell from a replay if save-loading was used, but my guess would be that they finished it in one go. Anyway, I think everyone is allowed to use the load function if they want to ;)
walodar

Post by walodar »

Version 1.2.3 of the campaign is now available for Wesnoth 1.17. It includes the new core units from Wesnoth 1.17.13: Merman Citizen, Merman Brawler, Sand Scamperer and Dwarvish Miner.
walodar

Post by walodar »

Version 1.2.4 of the campaign is now online for Wesnoth 1.17. Wesnoth 1.17.19 brought massive unit changes, these are now taken into account. (Especially the costs for the enemies, other unit changes appear as well, but automatically.) Some high-level units became even more dangerous with Wesnoth 1.17.19. So now, in the last scenario, the enemy is no longer able to field two units of every unit type on the highest difficulty level.