[era]Beyond Southern Hells - new empire faction ready

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

StDrake

Re: [era]Beyond Southern Hells - new empire faction ready

Post by StDrake »

hmm I wasn't precise enough - I meant teleporting to leaders in the meaning of units with leadership abilities. So in a way yes, as heroes would fall into the category
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

Great! Next time I go into debug mode, I won't have to plant Armageddon Drakes! I'll have to plant Elvish Marshals instead! :D

Oh by the way...
Sparkleaper description:
Firefox description:
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

I was thinking of a more semi-elemental approach, but at least part of the fox fluff looks neat
And I'm not sure if the word 'dragservion' shouldn't be treated more like a social status than a race or nation (hence it would not be required to write it capitalised). What do you think?
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

0.7 up, hope I didn't screw up the 1.8 version heheh

bunch of balancing changes to A.N.O.
spriting and polishing up the empire..i think it's done now, could use some external testers
dragservion faction slooowly shaping up
tigrans strenghtened up a little to make up for their vulnerability, still need to do the same about their higher levels heh
started in southern dwarves..wonder why I did that if I don't have stat ideas
MrSean

Post by MrSean »

Hey, I just downloaded the faction and played my first game as the Empirials. Are units with 'overrun' supposed to be able to attack another enemy unit if they kill their target and move onto a square adjacent to another enemy? Because it just happened to my blacksquire.
It was magical... he attacked a sand staff fighter (at night), killed it, moved onto its square, and then attacked, killed, and moved onto the square of another sand fighter. Whether or not this was intentional, I think it is a great idea and should be kept. Kind of goes with the whole 'evil heavy cavalry charging' thing.
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

yep, that's the idea with overrun. It's also part of the reason why they're so costly and a little slower than the usual cavalry you see around, but if you weaken an enemy formation a heavy cavalry charge might break an ugly hole in it
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Why does the thrid level purrer in the unit trees not existent?

Shouldn't the Dragon Upstart be level 3 like the Coldblood, and why are they as powerful as their upgrades?
And the Golemling does not appear because the cfg names the false image.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

This era is really nice but need some work on it, Felinians and A.N.O. are quite perfect and are really nice factions(maybe we can see in future in the AE?), but the other faction in the era imo need some improvement
Destructinator

Post by Destructinator »

This is probably my favorite era and I think it would be a great idea to turn this into a campaign, if you do make it into a campaign it should be in the veiw of a felinian or A.N.O.
Destructinator

Post by Destructinator »

I have no artistic talent whatsoever so I can't make a sprite of it, but the dragon followers should have dragon bone armor, to honor the fallen dragon warriors, and dragon skull helmits
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

I've ported this as 0.13.0 to 1.14/16.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Version 1.0.0

Post by Atreides »

Big upgrade for the era. I've moved 2 of the formerly experimental factions into the main set. It's the Eregath and the Dragservion who are now quite ready. The Eregath had no sound and all their abilities were broken. I added semi-customized sounds to them as well as fixing every ability. They have some cool ones. The Dragservion needed a few touch ups as well to finish off some loose ends that had been left.