[Solved] Transition error in map editor

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Skayland

[Solved] Transition error in map editor

Post by Skayland »

Recently got back to wesnoth and after playing for a few days I wanted to make a scenario of a cave. However I ran into this issue (images attached).

This happens both when making a scenario or a normal map. Im not sure if its a bug or my files are somehow messed up. I tried reinstalling wesnoth, changing the "update transitions" setting on the editor and uninstalling any addons that could possibly be causing this but to no avail.
As you can see on the image the issue happens with cave floor and abyss on any direction. It also happens with other terrain like dirty cave floor or roads, sand and similar flat terrain. It only works correctly with Gg. Any info on this problem would be appreciated :)

Instant edit because I forgot: Wesnoth version 1.16.8 x86_64 from Steam using Windows 10
Last edited by Skayland on January 27th, 2023, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Transition error in map editor

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

This bug happens if the add-on "Galactic Empires" is installed. Uninstall that and the transitions return to normal.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
egallager

Post by egallager »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:35 am This bug happens if the add-on "Galactic Empires" is installed. Uninstall that and the transitions return to normal.
Oh wait I wonder if that's what's causing #7170 then? I have that add-on installed, too...
Skayland

Post by Skayland »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:35 am This bug happens if the add-on "Galactic Empires" is installed. Uninstall that and the transitions return to normal.
That was indeed the cause! Thanks. It's quite sad because I love galactic empires... but sacrifices must be made :(
Practice makes perfect, why don't we practice helping others?