The Wesnothian Civil War: Every Month

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ashmyr

The Wesnothian Civil War: Every Month

Post by Ashmyr »

I wanted to try my hand at creating a series depicting the Wesnothian Civil War, between Konrad and his allies and Queen Asheviere. However, I'm no animator, and I figured "Every Day" or "Every Week" would be far more challenging.

I had to add some stuff to fluff up the lore, as I assume the liberated areas aren't just sitting around, and Konrad isn't the only one fighting.

Here's some of the maps so far. Let me know what you think!
Attachments
WesnothianCivilWarPartV.png
WesnothianCivilWarPartIV.png
WesnothianCivilWarPartIII.png
WesnothianCivilWarPartII.png
WesnothianCivilWarPartI.png
Novice campaign creator.
Developer of "Dwarvish Kingdom" for 1.14.x; intermediate Dwarvish campaign. Any and all constructive feedback, is greatly appreciated! If you have played it, please DM me :)
More campaigns to come soon :)
Computer_Player
Multiplayer Moderator

Re: The Wesnothian Civil War: Every Month

Post by Computer_Player »

Interesting concept. I have had ideas of a "campaign" style team vs team tourney where wins in a match affect the larger strategic map of the larger war so to speak. So for example, each player will represent army and can move a piece in the strategic map -> coordinating their movements with team mates. When opposing armies meat, the map selected is affected by where the match is happening in the strategic map. Wins/ Losses affect the state of the larger map and borader objectives can change or bring the war closer to a finish.

This would be a large undertaking and I am no where in a state to host such a thing, but its an idea.

Certainly though it would be a interesting setting for a solo-campaign.