Arabic translation

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hermestrismi

Re: Arabic translation

Post by hermestrismi »

Update:
A part of wesnoth tutorial had been sent today. Need for a fun to test all what I sent until now (can be found on wesnoth 1.17)
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

update: 25/12
wesnoth Tutorial : finished
wesnoth multiplayer : 63 sentences (need to be tested)
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

I decided to add what ever I can to the Arabic translations after a long break (since I did have a lot of work since last update).
first, is anyone else want to join me in the Arabic Translation mission?
second, should I continue the translation of the stable version or I have to move to the dev?
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Because 1.18.0 is planned to release in March 2024, 1.16.11 (releasing tonight, Dec 24th) might be the final 1.16.x release.

Avoid translating the 1.16 version of Liberty, because one of the protagonists changed from a boy in 1.16 to a girl in 1.17. Other than that one, the beginner campaigns are fairly close between 1.16 and 1.17:
  • Battle Training: one hint has changed. There's now an offline achievement for completing it, which is completely new
  • A Tale of Two Brothers: the intro and part of the ending changed, it's 6 paragraphs of prose
  • The South Guard: there's only one string changed between 1.16.10 and 1.17.24
  • Liberty: Harper is now female, lots of text changed
  • Heir to the Throne: the only changes are in the hidden bonus scenarios 19c_Cliffs_of_Thoria and 20b_Underground_Channels
I've just posted an overview of all the campaigns' changes between 1.16.10 and 1.17.24 in the release announcement topic.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

octalot wrote: December 24th, 2023, 2:54 pm Because 1.18.0 is planned to release in March 2024, 1.16.11 (releasing tonight, Dec 24th) might be the final 1.16.x release.

Avoid translating the 1.16 version of Liberty, because one of the protagonists changed from a boy in 1.16 to a girl in 1.17. Other than that one, the beginner campaigns are fairly close between 1.16 and 1.17:
  • Battle Training: one hint has changed. There's now an offline achievement for completing it, which is completely new
  • A Tale of Two Brothers: the intro and part of the ending changed, it's 6 paragraphs of prose
  • The South Guard: there's only one string changed between 1.16.10 and 1.17.24
  • Liberty: Harper is now female, lots of text changed
  • Heir to the Throne: the only changes are in the hidden bonus scenarios 19c_Cliffs_of_Thoria and 20b_Underground_Channels
I've just posted an overview of all the campaigns' changes between 1.16.10 and 1.17.24 in the release announcement topic.
Thank you very much
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Arabic Translation is very hard and I m really slow (but I really want to finish it). if there is any Arabic speaker, I m pleased if he provides me by his tests and comments (I m sure I did miss somethings that only a normal player can see it). and, of course, if anyone who is good in Arabic want to join my efforts, I will be pleased (I offer a pizza 🍕 😀 😊)
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Arabic translation for the poetry of wesnoth (with Arabic poetry rules)
في أرض ويسنوث الفخورة تقف*** رمز الوطن العزيز بكبره يتوقف
ليس من أراضيه المضاءة بالقمر *** بل من بلاد الأقزام المظلمة تنتشر

هناك، صانع الرموز بيديه الماهرة*** صاغ قضيب النار العظيم الساحر
والآن، سأروي لكم قصةً عجيبةً وجميلةً*** عن هذا الإبداع الذي يبهر
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

'Forward they cried' was completely translated and now it is available with Arabic Translation in the 1.17 sever
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

I got some free time to push the translations further. for now, the Arabic Translation passed the 10% with the Translation of THoT (sent today) and the other files related to the game interface here and there (already added)
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Edit
The Hanmer of Thursagan and Liberty are both fully translated and sent.
about 60 % of Wesnoth main po and 50% of World_Conquest WC are both translated and sent.
This is exclusive to 1.17 version.
Note, since I began to work on Liberty from the Summer with 1.16 version, and although my efforts, the player might found some sentences referring to Harpor as a boy. if so, please report it.
egallager

Post by egallager »

hermestrismi wrote: December 29th, 2023, 9:01 pm 'Forward they cried' was completely translated and now it is available with Arabic Translation in the 1.17 sever
If you're doing UMC now, too, could I interest you in some of mine? See the following thread: https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=54568
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

egallager wrote: January 16th, 2024, 2:16 am
hermestrismi wrote: December 29th, 2023, 9:01 pm 'Forward they cried' was completely translated and now it is available with Arabic Translation in the 1.17 sever
If you're doing UMC now, too, could I interest you in some of mine? See the following thread: https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=54568
hi,
I already enjoyed playing them by the way.
coincidentally, I was planning to speak to you as soon as I have some free time .
I will do it as soon as possible.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Report,
Since I returned to the translation mission as a priority, I jumped from 10% (in BfW 1.16) to 23% (in BfW 1.17) in few weeks (which is a noticeable progress).
statistics (only 100% sections, no fuzzy, so far tested and ready to use):
mainline:
editor, tools, multiplayer
campaigns sp/mp:
ANL, DW, TB, UtbS, THoT, Tutorial, L
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Report,
sent today,
100 % translated :
TRoW, NR, wesnoth-units
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Update:
sent today, 100% translated:
Did, WoF
BUT, I forget to correct a message in DiD and some gender correction (verbs, just some sentences) in WoF. I will return to them later.
So far, WoF was the most hard task in Translation. I hope someone will add more comments to clarify genders and lore for translators