Which font does the forum use for

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Which font does the forum use for

Post by Atreides »

Which font does the forum use for all the little buttons/icons? I know it's something from google's font server, I'd like to try and figure out if I can install that particular font on my PC.
Elvish_Hunter

Re: Which font does the forum use for

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

It's FontAwesome.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Thanks! I actually started digging after I posted that and downloaded/installed whatever Debian had of google fonts plus later FontAwesome (found I could see it in the HTML after all : ) and even Montaga (which is apparently used for the text here). Lotsa fun.

Turns out though that I had Ublock Origin setup wrong. (I just started using it) Block "remote" fonts didn't mean third party fonts only. It included first party fonts (which TBH I didn't even think of). A nice custom filter I found for UBO lets me block only 3rd party fonts. And the forum actually doesn't use those. (Wild cheering)

So, I was wrong when I wrote that the fonts are coming from a google server. The forum DOES (try to) connect to fonts.googleapis.com so that was a very tiny error on my part. : ) Peculiar but since UBO blocks it anyways it doesn't matter much.

Man, I avoided UBO for a long time thinking it was "just an ad blocker". It's a wicked power user tool very much like the classic NoScript. (which I've used for 20 or so years now... I still have an old one installed in Firefox 1.5 under Win95 on my P166 from 1997) Hmmm I might as well stop rambling, no one's read this far anyways... : )
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

I did, but don't ask me why. 😅
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟