Stuck in "An Innocent Man" Campaign

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

rpbergman

Stuck in "An Innocent Man" Campaign

Post by rpbergman »

Hello:

I just fought my way through the "Beleaguered Dwarves" scenario, and reached what I thought was the end.

I found all of the keys, and went to use the last key found (from the Troll), and received a message that the last door could not be open.

So I'm stuck.

Is there some other room I have to find for yet another key?

One strange thing: there was no way I could find to enter where the ghosts were coming from, but they just stopped coming out when I located the wizard.

Where do I go from here? The scenario appears to be broken with some faulty logic.
tigreslu

Re: Stuck in "An Innocent Man" Campaign

Post by tigreslu »

I am stuck too, I found a key but it doesn't open the last door. What can we do? Has anybody gone throught this scenario and finished the " An innocent man" campaign?
tigreslu

Post by tigreslu »

Eureka!
I found the answer:

there is a small hidden island in the middle chasm, the Troll key opens a gate, and on the island you can find another key and a chest of gold!
tigreslu

Post by tigreslu »

Now I am stuck with Villagers in tumult: I killed all the enemies and occupied all villages, except the ones already occupied by the allies and I don't know what to do next. Is there a hidden village, or bandit? If so, where?
Ignatus

Post by Ignatus »

I think (though I have not examined the code), the problem in Villages is that if the player is OVERTLY smart and does not enter a village before surrounding it from all sides, some thugs are just not generated, and the victory condition is bounded to the number of thugs killed.
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

Isn't there a find_vacant in the code to prevent that ?
DrakeAdventurer

Post by DrakeAdventurer »

tigreslu wrote: May 30th, 2018, 11:08 am Now I am stuck with Villagers in tumult: I killed all the enemies and occupied all villages, except the ones already occupied by the allies and I don't know what to do next. Is there a hidden village, or bandit? If so, where?
This happened to me - the ally in question was not my dwarvish allies, but just one of the peasants standing around. So I used a debug command to switch that unit to side 1 (i.e. my control), walked him off the village, and took it. At the end of that turn the scenario was over.