Ladder Era - Competitive 1v1 play on the Ladder of Wesnoth

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kanzzer

Re: Ladder Era - Competitive 1v1 play on the Ladder of Wesnoth

Post by Kanzzer »

Will there be sprite updates for the Outlaws & Fugitives too?
Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

Ladder Era 1.0.1 is now out:

Ladder Test Era is now included in the Ladder Era so that we can test potential changes. This version has the following changes:

Dwarven Fighter: 9x2 Hammer (up from 8x2)
Ghost: 20gp (back up from 19gp)
Ghoul: 15gp (down from 16gp)

We are testing these changes to further test the Knalgan Alliance vs Undead matchup.

Dwarven Fighter Hammer is used primarily vs Undead, Heavy Infantry, and Trolls. All things that the Knalgan Alliance could use a little help with. The potential issue with this buff is that with a 9x2 or 10x2 (if strong) attack they can finish off creatures easier that have 9 or 10 hps.

The drop in cost for Ghosts made spamming them a bit too easy, so we have reverted them back to 20gp. Ghouls have also been heavily underutilized in the meta because they are pretty weak for 16gp.

You may play Ladder games with this Test era. Please provide feedback on the Discord channel. Please continue to only use Ladder Era 1.0.0 for the Ladder Tournament.
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236
Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

Ladder Era 1.0.2 is now out:

Ladder Era: No Changes

Ladder Test Era has been changed to the following updates:

Dwarven Fighter: 36hp (down from 38hp)

This includes the previous changes in 1.01:

Dwarven Fighter: 9x2 Hammer (up from 8x2)
Ghost: 20gp (back up from 19gp)
Ghoul: 15gp (down from 16gp)

We are testing these changes to further test the Knalgan Alliance vs Undead matchup.

Dwarven Fighter Hammer is used primarily vs Undead, Heavy Infantry, and Trolls. All things that the Knalgan Alliance could use a little help with. The potential issue with this buff is that with a 9x2 or 10x2 (if strong) attack they can finish off creatures easier that have 9 or 10 hps.

The drop in cost for Ghosts made spamming them a bit too easy, so we have reverted them back to 20gp. Ghouls have also been heavily underutilized in the meta because they are pretty weak for 16gp.

Dwarven fighter has been reduced by 2 hps to primarily help with the Rebel matchup

You may play Ladder games with this Test era. Please provide feedback on the Discord channel as I am trying to decide if the Test Era changes will be included in the next Ladder Tournament
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236