Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 2

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Helmet

Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 2

Post by Helmet »

Hi.

This is the feedback thread for "Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 2."

CSCBB2 is an intermediate-level campaign, exactly 1 epic scenario in length. It features original units based on frogs, mushrooms, and bugs, and all units are thoroughly animated with attack animations, death animations, etc.

The player will be pitted against the two most frightening armies of the default era: Northerners (orcs) and the Undead (eww).

A casual player will probably win on Easy. A pretty good player will enjoy a nice challenge on Normal. Hard is winnable, but definitely hard.

This battle has been thoroughly play-tested with zero scum-saving, so there's no need to panic whenever a unit gets killed. If you let dead units stay dead, you can still win! That being said, feel free to scum-save as much as you want. Have fun! :D

FEEDBACK QUESTIONS:
What's your favorite color?
Do you like frogs?
Do I need a third question?

Thanks for downloading and playing my scenario. :D
Author of:
DIY Campaign, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 1, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 2, Frogfolk Delivery Service, The Pool of Ek.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 2

Post by Konrad2 »

Hey, I just noticed that Fraugurs faerie-frost has 'cold' as damage type, while its advancements have 'arcane'. Is that a mix up?
(Is it specific for this scenario?)
Attachments
CSCBB2-The Battle of Rotwood Swamp replay 20221120-123603.gz
(46.26 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Konrad2 wrote: November 20th, 2022, 11:20 am Hey, I just noticed that Fraugurs faerie-frost has 'cold' as damage type, while its advancements have 'arcane'. Is that a mix up?
(Is it specific for this scenario?)
I've been tinkering with the Fraugur unit. The damage type was supposed to be cold in the advancements. Thanks for catching that! I uploaded the fix a minute ago.

In my head canon, long ago when the saurians and frogfolk were friends, the saurian Augers taught some of the frogfolk how to use magic, and thus were created the Fraugers. The frogfolk did not like how the saurians used curses, though, and eventually created their own cold magic. Much later, after the saurians and frogfolk were no longer friends, an Elvish Sylph helped the Fraugurs further develop their cold magic. That is why frogfolk have the faerie-frost attack; it arose from the saurian's cold-based magic, but was greatly refined by the Sylph, who had mastered faerie fire, which is arcane. And now Fraugurs, Frog Shaman and Frog Druids have cold-based faerie-frost.

This lore also explains why Frog Warriors and Frog Lords throw snowballs. Snowball magic is closely related to faerie-frost. :eng:
Author of:
DIY Campaign, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 1, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 2, Frogfolk Delivery Service, The Pool of Ek.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Woo, a sequel! Wish I had time to play these more (after the World Cup I'm telling myself) right now. Haven't finished battle 1... (hey it's a long battle it looks like : )
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Atreides wrote: November 20th, 2022, 7:58 pm Woo, a sequel! Wish I had time to play these more (after the World Cup I'm telling myself) right now. Haven't finished battle 1... (hey it's a long battle it looks like : )
Thanks for the enthusiasm, gamer!

Oh yes, Big Battle 1 is a long battle on a big map. The map on Big Battle 2 is a little bit smaller. It's still big, but not as big as Big Battle 1.

My design philosophy on the Big Battle maps is this: Make a BIG map and pack 2-5 scenarios of tactics and fun into one massive BATTLE!

Also, lots of frogs.
Author of:
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Konrad2 wrote: November 20th, 2022, 11:20 am Hey...
I just watched your re-play. I had been wondering if it was possible to win while attacking both enemies at once. Well done.

I've never seen so many Daiglodons on the battlefield! It was like watching "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind."
Author of:
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Helmet wrote: November 20th, 2022, 9:37 pm
Atreides wrote: November 20th, 2022, 7:58 pm Woo, a sequel! Wish I had time to play these more (after the World Cup I'm telling myself) right now. Haven't finished battle 1... (hey it's a long battle it looks like : )
Thanks for the enthusiasm, gamer!

Oh yes, Big Battle 1 is a long battle on a big map. The map on Big Battle 2 is a little bit smaller. It's still big, but not as big as Big Battle 1.

My design philosophy on the Big Battle maps is this: Make a BIG map and pack 2-5 scenarios of tactics and fun into one massive BATTLE!

Also, lots of frogs.
I like 'em big. The Dominus maps are faves of mine. Got many games still going in 1.14 from hmmm a year or two ago must be. : )

RIBBIT. hehe.